(See All?) Announcements
709 Users Online
Sophrosnia, Google, Bing

Killer Clowns Clownin Around — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Starting this out at Willow Ridge border then heading to Hush Meadow for the hunt.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/291/b/a/naritabletwo_by_terra_anne-d5i6qdf.jpg) top center no-repeat #02345e; outline: 5px solid #003377; border: 1px solid #fff;" valign="top">
Oct. 31rst, 2012 Dusk/Night - Full Moon - 38 degrees F. chilly - Sparce cloud cover

Narimé woke up shivering. She'd had the dream again. The dream where her father dies in front of her and Sloane tries to save her from the ruthless creature. She woke up just after her blue eyes watched the bear crush down on top of her gray and russet friends skull splashing blood onto her face.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Why do I keep having that stupid dream..." She cut herself short shaking her head, sitting up, and viewing some of her packmates. The girl had taken a few days off from activities to rest up after her many endless days of hunting and wandering outside of the borders to Iridescent Lagoon. She had done a patrol earlier that day since that was just trotting around the borders, easy as cake. Then when the girl came back she had decided to rest for the afternoon and go out hunting during the night. The clear sky during the day told her that the coming darkness would be lit by the full moon. It would be a great night for hunting in the shadows under the trunks of leafless trees.

Now the silvery girl silently pads to the mouth of the freshly excavated den tipping her head up scenting the fresh air, fallen leaves, and mixed smells of her pack mates. Comfort came to her as she breathed in each scent of her many family members. Turning her head to view the surrounding trees she sighed softly noting how the willows had lost all of their spindly thread like stems and leaflets. Other leaves from Basswood and Cottenwood trees littered the ground around the den. She had to say that her favorite leaves were probably the huge cottenwood tree leaves. Though on warm summer nights the delecate willow leaves did catch Nari's fancy.

Without her packmates looking the young girl stretched then lifted herself high onto the tips of her paws. Every muscle would get stretched getting ready for the hunt. Even her head and tail lifted almost in a dominant manner (if it were being used to dominate) as she felt the tension from the dream leave her body. Lowering herself again the youth looked to the sky seeing that the sun was setting. With a good shake out of her fur Nari began loping to the border.

The sun had lowered a bit in the sky however it was not low enough to streak the sky blood red. It was at this time that Narimé cursed herself. She should have asked someone back at the den if they wanted to hunt. I guess I can call from here and see if anyone might come. She sighed once more. The young woman did not want to run all the way back just to ask the others one little question. So instead she raised her head and tipped her muzzle forward a long low hunting howl echoing from her jaws through the darkening forest.

Finishing her howl Nari wondered who might answer it. She hoped Rosealia would, or maybe Skana. The silvery wolf had enjoyed hunting with them. Then again Rose might still be a bit hurt from the moose hunt accident.. She wondered if the woman was okay. After Nari had stopped the girl went back and saw her friends leg all twisted and mangled. Narimé felt so bad for Rose.

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Her eyes were ablaze, as bright in silvery sheen as the very moon above, full in the night sky. Still was the lands, savor the chill in the air which crept up her spine, prickling it. The wind's howled and with it, matched the howl of a young wolf, very familiar in the perked, silky ears of Elettra Archer. She moves swiftly to the beckoning, a smirk toying upon her lips in hungry interest of what was to come. Though there was still a heap of plentiful moose at the pack's storage, winter was soon to creep upon them and the large collection of wolves would need to be greedy if they were to all get their fill.
As she approaches, it is with a delicate sway of lush, thick hips and a dipping of her grey rimmed muzzle. Her tail is even at her spine, moving to and fro in the breeze as she makes her approach to the youth's side, slightly taller then she, thin and wiry despite her great height, a perfection for hunting purposes, surely. "Another death for the night?" She muses at the thought of a successful hunt to come, her teeth a glisten to the moon light with her grin.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
I guess no one else wants to join the thread so I'll keep going. If anyone wants to join just hop on in!
Nari gonna wait for this post and talk a little. Next post we are starting off.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/291/b/a/naritabletwo_by_terra_anne-d5i6qdf.jpg) top center no-repeat #02345e; outline: 5px solid #003377; border: 1px solid #fff;" valign="top">
Narimé lit up with a smile when Elettra padded through the undergrowth towards her. The girl greeted her with a respectful dip of her head like always. She saw what she thought was an amused smirk on the leaders face when she spoke about another death in the night. Nari wondered about this but was glad that Elettra seemed to be in high spirits.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Yes, soon we will both have rich blood on our maws, and something to fill the caches with." She waited at the border wondering if any others would answer her call. It was the first time the silvery young woman herself had actually called for a hunt. Nari was used to working on her own or as a pair with Rose or Kyrie...Gosh I miss Kyrie.. she closed her eyes and sighed. So many things had happened recently. Narimé never really knew how dramatic being in a pack was. She had thought that there was more adventure in being a loner, but now the girl could see different. There was a lot that went on in a pack, and she had to work her way figuring everything out while the drama happened.

The flood had not frightened the young wolf too badly. Perhaps this was because the pack worked quickly so that things didn't turn too dangerous. Everyone had gotten out safe and Nari was happy to see how the pack could all work together so well.

Then there was Nina. Narimé had met her briefly and although the woman seemed sound of mind at first as they talked; nearing the end of their conversation she began to act differently. Almost bubbly. Nari was sure that wasn't Nina's real personality. It was just the herbs that she was taking which put her in that...well, mood. However as the youth waited at the musky scented border she realized that she still hadn't talked to Elettra about that yet.

Suddenly she grew all at once nervous. Narimé wanted to ask but she wasn't sure how Elettra would act. Would she be angry at the question? Perhaps I should word it differently... not make it look like it's her and Koda I'm asking about.. She summed up her courage then glanced at Elettra again warily.
<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Hey Elettra? Does a pack have to have a mated pair to run right? Or can you have two alphas that don't acually have a bond to eachother?." Her words got quieter as she lost her courage while asking the question. Though right now was the perfect time to ask her since no one else in the pack was around. Nari kept herself standing straight but shrunk inwardly. Perhaps now was not a good time to ask..maybe.. We should just start hunting..

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Ne..never mind.. Just ignore what I said. We should get going I think.." Narimé flustered then quickly tried to slide away walking over the border towards Hush meadow with her head held so low that her nose almost touched the ground.

Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
I assume this is before le challenge..
Shade is being a bit formal today.....
NEVER FEAR! SHADEH IS HERE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/Shade-Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:335px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
Shade heard the howl to the midnight of a pack hunt. He'd been unable to attend the last one and was determined to make this one. His eyes shown as he rushed to the border. Narime' was present, so was Lady Elettra. He gave a deep bow of respect. "I am sorry I was unable to make the last hunt My Lady, there had been some unwelcomed guests on the borders I had to deal with." He apologized. He'd been doing his job and hadn't heard the pack hunt call until it was too late for the hunt itself. He hadn't arrived to take part in eating because he hadn't deserved it.

He then looked to Narime'. "It's good to see you Miss Narime', it's bee a while since I've seen you. He hadn't seen Narime' since the pack meeting. It hadn't been all that long, but it was always great to see the young wolf again.

[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Switch who has 50 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sica Nithron
<blockquote>The night, the night almost as bright as the day with the grand silver orb hung in the black sky. It was beautiful in his golden gaze that captured it's luminous. No tired bone in his silver core he was ready to see what was out there. Something about moonlight had his senses alive.

The wind coarsing through his thick silver coat, he padded along the willow trees in a quiet manner, letting his eyes loom with the dead leaves that hung onto their thin, long fingers. He frequently came to the place Kyrie had last been, taking in her faded scent to better remember what he needed to find.

A youthful howl called to him, not directly, but a request for a hunting partner. He would guess it was Narimé by the voice, and decided to oblige. His ears perched upon his skull, he trotted in her direction, keeping a watch out for her.

Three shadows in the distance with voices he let out a low woof to announce his own presence, than silently joined the hunting party. He respectfully gave low dips of his head to those above him, before looking to Narime, wondering what she had in mind. His black nose to the cold wind it seemed like deer?
</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Her tongue releases, licking along the length of her grey-rimmed muzzle with response to the young woman's first bit of words. Back where she was born (she could not just say home, for Relic Lore was now her home just as equally) often did her family make practice for the battlefield a must. Everyone was encouraged to know how to fight and fight well amongst their ranks so there was no weak links. You had to be a well fighter but were made to take on a task amongst the group, where Elettra had taken up herbal remedy from her mother. The strongest, best fighters were made to be the guards and warriors of the pack and those even higher were amongst the royal court at the protectors to their leaders and children front hand. Elettra fought and fought much, had killed and killed quite a handful, including her brother and a lady from Relic Lore out of pure respect to her. Not fighting so often here made her tense more often, quick to anger with an equally quick fuse to become angry. There was no release and it would seem, hunting for prey would be the closest thing to a fight she could get.
When the question came, it was most unexpected of her. Elettra could have easily assumed that in time, the members of her pack would find out. After all, Koda was mated to Nina and surely, when the spring seasons came now that she was forming her own pack, he would want to be the man she was with. Not to mention, it would be far to hard to hold back the temptation of wanting to breed herself and, for obvious reasons, she would seek out a man other then Koda himself. In time, there would be no hiding it, but how did Narime find out now? A lucky guess? Or surely she had been told? Ether way, Narime's attempt to deter the subject from being directly on Elettra did not quite work, however, Elettra took in a deep sigh, steady, easy. As Narime trailed off, Elettra followed, but she would answer the question of her founding member honestly. "Why, do you not think Willow Ridge is run correctly?" There is a moment's pause, allowing for Narime to speak on this question. She wanted to hear the answer, wanted for a moment, for Narime to quake at the very question of it.
By now, others had joined the party -Shade, Sica. Elettra's attention sweeps to Shade where a dip of her muzzle is given, her stance making sure to be higher, bolder, as the noble she had been born to become. "You were doing your job, Shade, and I will not reprimand you for it." She speaks simply to him, allowing him to know that coming to the pack hunt was second when it came to doing his job at the boarders. Besides, if everyone left to go to the hunt, it left the den vulnerable to those seeking an easy meal. He had done well in guarding the lands whilst the lot of them had been out.
For a moment, her eyes dance over the form of Sica, hiding the craving there, the wonder. She would like to know him better, this much was obvious. The man of many trades, of a silver tongue and, as had thought, a curse. Pausing in her moments, her plush chest lifts with a deep breath before she begins. There is a seriousness to her as always, a certainty in herself, despite two more being here now on a subject she had been trying her best to avoid since the pack's creation. "To answer your question, Narime, no. A pack cannot run correctly without the leaders holding a bold with one another. They must trust one another, back each other up in all things, protect one another, respect one another...These are the bonds which hold not only them together, but the rest of the pack as they look up to them for guidance." Her attention sweeps over Shade and Sica, though they land fully upon Narime. Perhaps with these words she would understand that Elettra was confirming that she and Koda were not mates, but there was no doubt what so ever that the pair were not strongly connected in other ways. Ways which mattered far more then courtship based on ether lust or puppy love. Never, whether in love or not, should the time ever come, would Elettra allow these things to cloud her judgement on who was right for the pack to lead at her side "I chose Koda as my lead because he is strong, level-headed, and I trust him - not because he was my mate. I understand this is different then what you are used to, or how most are used to... But I'm a different kind of woman."
(This post was last modified: Nov 15, 2012, 07:02 PM by Elettra.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
>< Awesome reply El.. + speeding it up kinda so they are crossing into the meadow.
-Also, the deer's appearance. It will be a nice buck withfive tines on the right antler. His left antler is broken in half and the ribs on his left side will be showing along with his back bone. Its back legs are broken into pieces trailing behind it connected by tissue. I won't into any further detail so you guys can make it look even worse than I'm imagining it. XD It's hard to disgust me. Try to. .

"Well, yeah the pack is doing fine... It's.. just that.. Well I was always taught differently I guess." She answered her alpha's question slowing up her trot just a bit then continuing again. Nari weighed the pros and cons to having a pair that were not mates but could not understand at first. Not until Elettra explained everything. Trust, respect, loyalty, and protection was all that should be needed in a wolf in order to lead successfully with the alpha. The alpha's both had to have those things, not just love to lead. In the back of her mind Nari wondered if Elettra had ever loved someone. But she kept quiet instead focusing on the task at hand.

Whisking away through the fallen leaves and patchy dry grasses that she'd hunt in so often, Narimé listened to Elettra's wise words. heh.. Of course she's no normal alpha. She is stronger and more noble than any other female alpha there is. Nari sighed.Her left ear layed back listening to packmates behind her while her right ear surveyed the sounds out front of the girl. Blue eyes darted around taking in the sights of the night. Sometimes it was really nice to just roam the landscape during a full moon. However tonight they were supposed to be hunting.

Stop distracting yourself and Elettra with talk then.. The silver shadow tipped her head up scenting something in the wind. It did smell like deer, but it had the stench of ...decay? Or was that just a REALLY bad infection? The wolf couldn't tell immediately. Angling herself to the right she began trotting further into hush meadow where the scent hung on the gentle breeze.

With a flick of her tail and a look over her shoulder Narimé signaled for everyone to be silent and to fan out. The trees were a very long way off, however the deer might still be able to flee from any direction. So surrounding the deer would be best.Though the young wolf couldn't see it yet she knew by the heaviness of the scent in the air that they were getting closer. Maybe 300 yards away? she guessed silently.

"Shade and Sica try to circle around from behind then...." She shut her yap hearing the loud bleat of a wounded deer. Pausing in her instruction Nari listened to the animal bleat three more times then go silent. This slightly confused the young wolf. Normally the adult deer wouldn't bleat like that unless it was being dragged down by wolves or some other predator and coulldn't move. But all she could scent was a really infected deer. There were no other predator animal scents around. Nari growled inwardly wishing the grasses weren't so tall. If they could see the thing then maybe they could just run right up to it instead of having to stalk up to the animal.

"Scratch that last plan guys..." She quickly whispered. Something was wrong and Nari wasn't sure what. Right now all she thought was that this badly injured deer would make an easy meal. She formulated a quick plan just in case the animal could run away. Of the four wolves there Shade and Elettra were probably the fastest. They could get around to the back of the deer quick while Nari and Sica came from the front."Gameplan.. Elettra and Shade if you would please head around the deer behind it then hide and wait for my bark before you go after it. Then Sica and I will both close in on it while you two have the deer busy. The deer is already badly wounded, though we can't see exactly how. It shouldn't be any problem for us.." She whispered to her pack mates nodding encouragement to them.

Stalking forward Nari got just a little closer before flicking her ears forward giving the cue for the wolves to do their part. Once enough time passed and Nari knew they were in position she would bark to start the hunt. Though she guessed with this animal it wasn't going to be much of a hunt.

(This post was last modified: Nov 15, 2012, 11:29 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/Shade-Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:335px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
Shade had only heard the back tail of the conversation between the two. It almost sounded as if Nari knew of the secret too. Was he the last of Willow Ridge to know of the mate-hood was between Koda and Nina. Not Elettra and Koda. Shade took the words of his alphas to heart. He listened to Elettra tell him not to worry, it had been his duty before the pack hunt. Though he'd use the excuse only when it was true. He looked to Sica as he arrived. A brief grunt in hello to him. He looked to Nari as she described the first game plan. It was simply him taking up the deer from behind, circling it and trapping it. Then she scratched the plan, though he thought the plan fine.

She described the last plan. He would circle behind. Hide near Elettra. Nari would bark and they'd distract the deer. Easy enough for him. He liked easy jobs. He knew also he should help the hunters as the bitter cold winter approached them. It would be tougher to find food, as a majority of the pack were Guardians. "I can do that. So the deer is injured? How badly? Is there a way to tell, I'm not that much of an expert on deer. This will have been my second one in my entire long life." He asked, commenting, he couldn't wait.

[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Switch who has 50 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sica Nithron
<blockquote>Sica hated to intrude on what could have been a private moment, but he was assured being part of the pack now he was not a curious loner catching the snippets of conversation not for his ears. No doubt his leader would know what she would want to share or not. If to see he briefly pauses his golden eyes lured to her striking silver, but does not stare long since she was his souvereign. Quietly adjusting himself, he turns his body slightly away from the pair, letting his visage glimspe the land they would travel. These lands were not entirely unknown to him, he thought he had rested here once. All the same he could not shut out Elettra's voice. There was something about it the way it commanded to be heard without it being the full intent. Something that lurked to it's undercurrent of it's owner's emtoin.

Sica would are glimpse to Narime, and Elettra in this explaination. It was not till Elettra continued he would understand why the girl had asked the question. He was a bit well, not sure what to think of this news. Koda, the lead male was to be served and respected as Elettra, but it seemed it was not to be assumed there was love. He had an inclination to believe before seeing the man that there was no one in that role. It was just another reminder assumptions easily made anyone into an ass. He should know that better than anyone for many a reason. Narimé seemed pleased by the answer, what a wise one it was. If all wolves would come to such conclusions before having a mate was his silent thought.

They were on the move, and he was grateful for that. He struck behind Narimé, also checking for their prey. He sensed the dying deer, feeling something was terribly wrong, but he kept his silver tongue pressed to his teeth. They zoned in upon the deer when she almost had them scatter, but seemed to pause by the sound of the hunted cloven hoof. A new plan formed Sica dipped his head, and slunk long the dry grass, blending into it's graying waves of faded light. When the signal was given, he waited for what would come, bracing himself to strike. He hung close to the silver girl though, despite feeling she could handle herself.</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The matter was settled and settled quickly, for each of the three members before her to take it as they will. None seemed disappointed with the words she had said and so, left the matter at that to which all four of them could focus on the task at hand - the hunt. Be it as it may, coming with the scent of deer was the scent of blood and the even heavier smell of decay. It would seem at though this would not prove much as a hunt at all for the pack members, but a mercy kill to the fallen beast and an easy way of gaining food for the pack without waste of energy and without risk of injury. It was a game which Elettra was very much willing to play if only for the protection of her pack mates, even if she longed the bit of a fight when it came down to taking large game apart.
Shade's words went heard, though not answered, assuming they were for Narime and for the time being, Elettra moved into a readied position, easing her body downward and shifting along the greens slow and silently as she made her way in an arc, approaching from the beast's back side. From here, the dark woman Downwind, the smell of the beast took over her nasal cavity, so much that she tossed her head to the side and held back a gag of protest. The overbearing smell of death was sickening, but whats more - disease, foul and questionable. The deer's bellowing bleats would leave Elettra to wonder exactly if this was worth the effort at all though for the moment as she held her position, she could not see what prey was waiting for her nor the true condition of which it was in.