(See All?) Announcements
543 Users Online
Google, Bing

i am the 'who' when you call 'who's there?' — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
RE: Your character starts hearing voices.

North of the Drooping Willows lies the Wildwood, still charred by the raging fire which had all but destroyed it years prior. She has been here before, without much thought or care of what tragedy had transpired far before her arrival here in Relic Lore. Now she walks with new feelings, a prickle along the length of her spine causing the hairs to rise. It is weariness, it is fear. The night is deep, cloudy and cold. The moon though full does not shine by the thick layer of cloud straggling it with a choking hold. The light is ever pale, as the stars struggle to show their shine this might. A sense of despair lingers here this night, pressing the woman's pride downward though pushing her with an curiosity further within the depths of the burned forest. She is tense, her muscles twitching to the sounds which had been playing with her mind. Her ears fall back as though to feebly block out the sounds - the voices. Elettra is certain she hears voices! "No...!" Her voice hitches, her body trembles and she finds herself stilled in her placement. It could not be. He was dead - dead, and he would never return. Though still the whispers of her dead lover play at her mind: the caress of his words in confession of his love for her, and the growls of his anger as he forced himself upon her. "STOP!" She too growls, growls in fear, hate, betrayal and sadness. She feels she has gone mad in the maze of this dead forest and so, once suddenly a shutter of movement is heard coming her way, the dark woman whips around, jaws agape to slash at anything in her path.

Sorry. Crappier then what I was hoping for, but oh well. XD
Played by Becca who has 177 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cali Swiftpaw
Cali had gone hunting alone once more and let time get away from her. Darkness had fallen and the white fae was a bit spooked to say the least. The last time that she'd been away from her territory at night had been terriftying and she'd made doubly sure never to let it happen again. Until tonight. She could almost hear the evil male's voice again, taunting her just for the fun of it. Her thick fur protected her from the cool night air, but it did little to protect her from her fears. Her long white paws moved rapidly throught the shadowy wildwood, trying to get her back home, but the distance seemed to have doubled, for she was sure that she should have been back to the river by now.

A voice cuts the silence of the night which had been filled with nothing more than her own rapid breaths. A chill walks over her spine and she prepares to flee at top speed. Then an agonized "STOP!" Cuts through the night and she cannot leave. The other needs help and Cali's tender heart will not allow her to ignore that fact. Taking a deep breath, she steels herself and walks in the direction that the voice has come from on trembling legs.

The sight that greeted her was a fearsome one. A black fae, strangely familiar whips around in her direction, prepared for a viscious attack. Cali nearly bolts out of her skin, but the eyes, the beautiful silver eyes, unfocused as they seemed to be struck a note. She knew this wolf. This was Elettra Archer. The first wolf that she had ever met when she had first entered relic lore. Elettra was eloquent and refined, yet now she was nearly out of control and Cali feared for her life. She had no doubt that the dark fae could end it without much effort. "Please, don't hurt me! Elettra, it's Cali!" She could only pray that whatever demons tormented the older fae would allow her words to be heard.

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2012, 01:27 AM by Cali.)
Never Underestimate a Heart of Fire...
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
[ This was originally for Kiche, but its been so long in waiting. Elettra and Cali need much catching up after all. Feel free to bring in Kiche still if you'd like, Sarah!]

Her jaws take control, pushing her forth at the unknown target, snapping wildly at air at Cali jumps out of her flesh and, luckily, out of the way. Elettra's guard is up, her eyes intent on the wolf before her now, a definite glow in all her pure white. What little light there was this night, Cali shines and it is clear, if not by the words which she presents, that this is not the ghostly form of the wolf which had only moments ago, haunted her mind. There was nothing light of the man which had done this to her, not like the younger woman which stood before her now.
Elettra quickly takes a few paces back, adding distance between them to which there had been little before. There is a rought shake of Elettra's head, biting her tongue to hold back a whine as laughter rings in her ears - laughter of him for Elettra's foolishness at this very moment. "Cali...." The words breath out easily, a whisper, to the woman she had not seen in so long, not since before the founding of Willow Ridge when they had only just met.
Elettra falls back further, flopping onto her ass as she sits rather improperly. Already, she shattered her poised demeanor and did not bother to correct it now. Elettra takes moments to regain herself, taking in a deep breath and catching only the scent of Cali Swiftpaw in the aftermath. Instantly, Elettra knew Cali had found herself a placement within the packs of Relic Lore and even more instant, did she know of which pack she belonged: The closest pack to her own, Swift River. She knew little of them, but what did matter. As Angier being a former member to the place, had gathered enough information to know that their leading male, Indru, was no longer with them - brother to Ruiko whom also had packed up his family and left. Perhaps they had gone together?
Inactive No Rank
Cali Swiftpaw
(So sorry! I completely missed that... Cali's been wanting to see El again ever since she met Narime'.)

Cali's heart beat frantically in her chest and her breath came in quick pants. Her quick reflexes had saved her, but only just. Elettra was deadly fast and something had frightened and angered her terribly. The older woman whispered her name and seemed to come back to herself a bit, but as she backed away and sat unceremoniously, Cali knew that she was far from all right. Something had shaken her mightily and she herself had nearly paid the price.

"Elettra, are you all right? What happened?" Her voice was filled with genuine concern. She might have only met this woman on one prior occasion, but Cali felt that that had been a pivotal point in her life. Something about the dark fae's own poise and confidence had sparked a true desire to live and to improve herself. She hadn't even realized that she'd just been going through the motions since Grayson and the pups had...gone. Simple as that conversation was, Elettra had kindled a fire in her heart that had nearly gone out. She owed her more than the other woman would ever know...

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2012, 01:27 AM by Cali.)
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
There is a small shake of her head, offering a 'no' to the woman's questioning, as she did well to rather herself through deep breaths, her plush chest swelling deeply with each intake. Her eyes downcast, turned to her gray tipped toes, searching, wondering... Her ears, perhaps the most solid black of all her being, flicker wildly. Other then the rasp of Cali's own breathing from nearly being struck at, all has fell silent once more. "I...I thought I heard something...." She pauses, her silvery attention shifting up to the snow-white woman. "Someone." She corrects now, and although she knows little of the woman, takes pride in her belief that this woman would not mock her for this. Though their first and only conversation had been brief, the woman had been everything of polite, proper, and respectful to her then and could only hope for the same manners now. "I'm okay." She concludes. In truth, she had been damaged and broken, betrayed and belittled a time or two before, but nothing she had not come back from, nothing for which she did not rise above. It had trained her for the truth of the world; made her stronger, wiser and more cunning for which made her success now. Though forever he may haunt her, he could never harm her again.
Inactive No Rank
Cali Swiftpaw
The snowy fae watched the ebony woman for long moments as she seemed to think and fret over whatever had scared her. Then she seemed to make a decision to share a tidbit with Cali. She thought that she had heard someone. The tone and timber of her voice as she said the word 'someone' led her to believe that their was a definite story, but Elettra chose not to elaborate and Cali would never press. She would share or not share what she wanted.

Elettra seemed to visibly collect herself and the poise and elegance that Cali remembered began to show through. Cali quietly let out a small breath that she hadn't even realized she'd been holding. Seeing a wolf such as Eltettra Archer so unnerved left Cali a bit rattled herself. She glanced around them and her pristine white ears swiveled, listening for evidence of any other presence, but there was none.

When the older woman claimed to be all right, Cali smiled and her thick brush wagged gently. "Good. The night, this night is playing tricks on us. It brought an... uncomfortable... memory to mind for me just moments ago. But it's just us and despite the strangeness, it is very nice to see you again!"

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2012, 01:28 AM by Cali.)
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
"A ghost of your past too, hum?" Elettra questions lightly to Cali mentioning a memory of the past coming to haunt her, perhaps in the exact same manner for which it had done to Elettra. She meant not to pry, but was happy enough at least to know that she was not the only one feeling this way - alas, she was not going crazy just yet. Shifting in her placement, to which she was still sitting but at a much more erect placement, her back still against the tree, she looks over the snowy colored woman with interest. Still healthy, pristine and, friendly as she had been formerly towards her. "I see you have chosen Swift River?" She comments now on the pack that she was a part of, having been a rogue the first and only time they had met before this here.
Inactive No Rank
Cali Swiftpaw
Cali smiled at Elettra's question. "Something like that," she answered softly. She'd only known the creepy male for less than an hour, less than half an hour even, but he'd delighted in scaring her. She hadn't stuck around long enough to find out if he would have actually harmed her, but the encounter had spooked her badly. He was in the past now and she reminded herself that she was a far more capable and confident wolf now than she had been then.

When Elettra mentioned Swift River, her smile deepened with pride. "Yes, not long after we met, in fact. I am proud to call them family." She wondered whether to say more. Other wolves were so much more secretive than she was, but she hadn't had the chance to really talk with another wolf, other than Jessie and she just wanted to share a bit of her happiness, so she went on, "I am also blessed to have been reunited with my sister, Jessie. She followed me and has also joined the pack." She knew that Elettra had a far more reserved nature than she so she stopped there. It did feel good to let her happiness come out a bit. It would have merely irritated Marsh and Ice would have simply ignored her.

Then she gave an inquisitive look, tipping her snowy head to the side slightly. "And what of you, Miss Elettra? I've heard tell of a pack to the south of us in Willow Ridge. Might that be your own dream come to fruition?" She hoped so. A part of her wished that the timing had been right for her to become a member of this grand lady's pack, but she would never turn her back on her new family now. Not for all of Marsh's silent stoicism, not even for Ice's disdain. She loved the Grove, the pups, even the eccentric members of her pack. And now she had Jessie too. Nothing would ever make her leave her sister's side again.

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2012, 01:28 AM by Cali.)
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Elettra listens to what little information Cali offers her - nothing particularly about the pack itself, but that she was happy there and not only happy there, but happy there along the side of her sister whom she had been reunited with. "I'm glad for it." She speaks in mentioning of Cali not only finding her sister but being happy with the choice of pack she had decided upon. "I have. In the heart of the Drooping Willows. Perhaps you might visit, someday?" In fact, with how close the Swift River pack was to Willow Ridge (though not as close as the River wolves to the Poisons) Elettra was surprised that she had only just now ran into Cali after such a long time. Elettra knew little of the pack of Swift River, just as little as she knew of the Poison Path wolves as well. Still, with the number of her own pack members and with winter on the rise, she had to little time to be learning all she could of the other packs whilst caring for her own.

Short and crap. :/
Inactive No Rank
Cali Swiftpaw
Cali was relieved that whatever shadowy ghost voices had been in the air had passed and she and Elettra were able to settle into a normal conversation about ordinary events, like reunions and rallying a new pack. She nodded her snowy head in thanks and then a bright smile lit her face as the woman spoke of her dream indeed becoming a reality. When Elettra extended an invitation, Cali knew that she would do just that. Now that she knew of the pack and even of one of her younger members, Narime'.

With a friendly wave of her snowy plume, Cali responded, "I will definitely do that sometime soon. It would be nice to have a visit during the friendly daylight." She gave a delicate shiver, remembering the creepy laughter of that malicious wolf, Vium. Then, she shook the feeling off, taking a few breaths to calm her heartbeat once more. Glancing up at the night sky, Cali knew that it was time to get home.

She met Elettra's silver eyes with her own emerald gaze and smiled with true friendship. ''I must get home now, but I hope to see you again soon. Elettra. I'm really glad that we ran into each other again, despite the... strange... circumstances." With that, the white wolf turned and melted into the dark shadows of the trees, like an ethereal ghost wolf.

(Exit Cali, Post or Archive....)