(See All?) Announcements
694 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis

I thought I saw a cat! — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/SloanTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 255px;padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">Sloane would be leaving shortly for his journey south to see Narime'. He couldn't wait to see the young fae again and tell her of his hopes and dreams for the two of them. Dreams that he could only pray that she shared. Before he departed from his pseudo pack, he'd wanted to have a last hunt. Perhaps finding enough to sate himself and leave some for them. So far, things had gone well and he'd caught and fed on several plump rabbits. Soon they would be harder to find and much less fulfilling as the colder weather set in deeply.

Now, he searched for something more to bring back to the others. Nina was healed now and much more capable of hunting for herself, but he still felt responsible for the emerald-eyed fae. He was still not sure what she would think of his plans, for the immediate future and the not so immediate future. His neck heated a bit as he thought of his beautiful Blue-Eyes, but a smile lit his face, nonetheless. His momentary awkwardness was lost on the swifly darkening forrest though.

The over-sized russet male looked around and realized that darkness was indeed falling and he would have to hurry if he didn't want to show up empty handed. With a sigh, he put his nose to work and began working in lazy circles, searching for his next prey. After about twenty minutes, he caught the scent of a pair of rabbits. More of the same. Lucky for the little buggers they were prolific breeders or he'd be cleaning out a good portion of their population this day.

Walking in his uncannily stealthy manner, Sloane neared the pair and almost groaned out loud when his keen eyes saw how close they were to their den. A waiting game then. He needed them to put some distance between themselves and a safe retreat. As he stayed frozen, thankful that the slight breeze playing through the trees was in his favor, full darkness blanketed the woods. Unfortunately, that prompted the long-eared furballs to seek the safety of their burrow. Knowing it was futile, he dashed forward anyways to try and snag one of the critters.

At that exact moment a large shadowy form nearly collided with him. Luckily, he pulled himself up short and a huge black wildcat passed before him, apparently hunting the same prey. The sinewy beast continued on, screamed her frustration once and melted into the darkness, leaving Sloane a bit breathless and more than a bit confused. He'd never heard of or seen such an animal in this region. Smaller, tuft-eared wilcats, larger tawny cougars, but nothing like what he'd just seen! That creature definitely didn't belong in these woods and he prayed that she would continue on her way and depart from the lands of relic-lore entirely...

(This post was last modified: Nov 05, 2012, 12:54 AM by Sloane.)
Knight of Honor
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> It had been too long since her family had gone their separate ways, leaving Nina in an awkward way of positioning herself. She wanted to stay near them, but knew that she would have to track down her friend, she needed to talk to him about something important anyways. Her ears twitched patiently as she turned her nose towards where she was catching Sloane’s scent the strongest and she set off at a steady pace. Her paw steps were slow and deliberate, strong, it was easy to tell that she was in no rush. The woods here had always had a habit of spooking her, and when she heard a high pitched shriek.

Her fur bristled and pace increased considerably, leaving a slight ache in her leg. She had enough sense to ignore it though as she made her way forward. Sloane’s scent was getting increasingly stronger, her nose twitching every once in awhile, until finally she came upon the man she was looking for. Her head raised and ears perked forward as she approached him, his pace once again slow. She called out to him briefly her voice kind, "Sloane!! It has been too long."
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/SloanTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 255px;padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">He had been so focused on the beast that had just about bowled into him and then vanished that the golden brown fae's appearance gave him quite a start. His already rapidly beating heart skipped a beat and then finally started to return to it's normal strong and steady rythem. He took a deep breath and let it out before giving her a lopsided smile and returning her greeting. "Nina! You startled me! Did you see that thing? It looked like a black mountain lion. I've never heard of such a thing..." His voice trailed off for a moment.

Then he literally shook himself, to rid himself of the lingering feeling of unease. Feeling a bit more himself he gave her a another smile and nuzzled her cheek in greeting. "I was trying to catch something for you before I headed out. I..I think that it's a good time for me to go south and see Narime'. I will return to stay with you through the spring, but then..." Once more, his voice faded away. He had dreaded telling her that he would be leaving then. Knowing how he felt about Narime', she may have already figured it out, but neither of them had spoken of it out loud. He knew that Nina wished to start her own pack and he would support her in every way, but if Narime' would have him then he would be gone in the spring with a new mate. His sweet Blue-Eyes.

Knight of Honor
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> When he jumped as she approached him, she feared she had awoken him, but it seemed that had not been the case. Another thing had startled him before, and Nina desperately tried not to laugh in amusement. A bob cat he had seen? Perhaps it was a bob cat. Her ears twitched as her good eye stared at him, a small smile on her face. When a small matter of business came up, she nodded her head, her lips forming a straight line. This was something to be handled right now. When she had heard of Sloane’s interest in Narimé, Nina had been silently wondering when he was going to admit to the truth about what was to happen in the spring. It was not a surprise for her though, for she had been expecting it to come out of one of their mouths sooner or later.

It was now her turn to handle some business. She spoke calmly and coolly, a small question forming in her voice, "I assumed as much. But I must as of your help. To stand by me as alpha male until that time. You are the only man worthy of the task at the moment." She had not wanted it to have to come to this. But she knew it was the only way. She was not going to take Koda away from Elettra, though she was sure the two of them also knew what was going to happen in the future. She needed someone to stand by her side. So why not the one male that had provided her with food and protection since he had arrived in the disbanded pack?
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/SloanTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 255px;padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">Nina was amused by his reaction and he couldn't blame her. Now that the thing was gone, he began to wonder if he'd really seen what he thought he had. He wasn't one given to flights of fancy, but there were no black cats of that size, right? Mentally shrugging his shoulders, he decided that it wasn't really important anymore.

Her words surprised him a bit though. Although he knew that they depended on each other, he had assumed that Koda would be by her side when she decided to start a pack of her own. He was the current leader of the Willow Ridge pack, but he was also Nina's mostly-secret mate. Without meaning to, he blurted, "I'm honored, but what about Koda?" He certainly didn't want to end up on the other male's black list by seeming to get too close to his mate. What would Narime' think of that?

Knight of Honor
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> Her good eye watched him carefully, letting his question hang in the air for a few moments. A small smile forming on her lips. When she had formulated her plan for the new pack, even she knew that Koda had to be out of the plans for the formation. He needed to stand by Elettra, just as he had said he always would. There was no doubt where his loyalties lie. It was surely with Willow Ridge and Nina had known this when she had made her plans. Her ears twitched slightly as the birds overhead sang a happy song as they flew south, the temperature already starting to drop. Her small head turned towards the massive guardian next to her. She knew she could trust him, perhaps with more things than she could entrust Kashikoi with.

She cleared her throat before she spoke, her voice clearly tolerable, "It will be much like the arrangement between Koda and Elettra. As I assume you are going to see Narimé, I will be coming with you, to tell Koda of the news. I would also like to see the young girl again, haven‘t seen her since a little after my healing.” She did not let out the flooding of Willow Ridge to her friend though, for even she knew it was not her place to be telling the male of this. Though she knew it would be wise to tell him of the alliance to come. And so, she informed him, "As well along the facts that when our pack forms. Willow Ridge pack will be our closely formed allies." She spoke these words with utter truth and determination. She owed much back to Elettra and with the alliance, it was which she was going to repay the rebel leader.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/SloanTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 255px;padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">The over-sized male nodded his head in understanding. A partner only. Although a large part of him did wondere at Koda keeping himself so far from his mate. He understood honor and loyalty, but he was also getting a better grasp on love every time he thought of Narime'. His desire to be near her grew exponentially. He needed to be by Narime''s side come spring and Koda needed to be with Nina. Sloane would be leaving and he would need assurances from the other male that he would stand by his mate. She needed him more than she let on. She might say she understood, but how do you tell a heart that your mate chooses honor over love? As much as he believed in honor, the scales between the two must be balanced.

With that goal sorted in his mind, he turned his full gaze on Nina, meeting her emerald eye with his own bright amber ones. They almost seemed to whirl with different shades of color as his emotions rode a rollercoaster with many twists and turns. "Of course, I will stand with you Nina. We must definitely inform Narime' and Koda of our plans." In his mind he was already pulling the other male to discuss Nina's happiness. He would not see his friend hurt. "As long as they are both in agreement, of course." His mood dropped slightly at the thought that for all he knew Nari had moved on and couldn't care less what he did. That was such a gut-wrenching thought, he felt as if he would be ill for a moment. Then he reminded himself that the exact opposite could also be the case and she hoped to see him as much as he lived to see her once more.

Knight of Honor
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
OOC: Really wanted to finish this thread up! <3

Tail wagging behind her easily, she was happy to hear of Sloane’s agreement. It was going to be much easier on here to have a trusted wolf by her side for the future. Her green eye flashed with his words, a nod of agreement sent in his direction. Koda was a big part of her life, and the fact that she hadn’t gotten up the nerve to see him brought a wave of guilt over her. She had even gone to Elettra for a small meeting…but her own mate had been left out of the question. If anything he should understand her way of doing things though…inside of her, she longed for him to be by her side. The pull of that love she knew so well called to her, but even she knew she had to ignore it. His loyalty was with Elettra, and she knew this was before the time would come.

Her ears twitched as her head turned in the direction that their friends would be in. Nodding her head, she finally spoke, "I suppose we should get going then?" With those words she stepped forward, her ears twitching slightly. Her body moved gracefully through the woods, her golden fur glimmering slightly, each time it hit the sunlight. It was finally time for the two friends to reunite with there loved ones.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/SloanTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 255px;padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">Sloane smiled at Nina as she spoke of moving on. Unintentionally, it was a double sided comment. Yes, it was time for them to get going in a literal sense, as they had a long ways to go. But it was also a euphemism for them stepping into the next phase of their lives. Truly now would Copper Rock Creek be left behind as they reformed and banded together into something new, something stronger.

He was proud to stand by Nina and it was an easy step to accept. He knew that their arrangement would be short-lived, but that didn't make it any less important. She would be taking the helm of their old pack, as would he. The difference was, while she would remain, eventually he would step down to make way for Koda. What he prayed was that at the same time he would be founding his own pack, his own family, with Narime'.

In the mean time, he would lead and learn all that he could about the responsibility of being a leader. He had no personal experience as of yet. Merely observations and common sense. He hoped that it would be enough. In truth all of them, save Koda, would be learning on the job. The thought was daunting, but he knew that they were up to the challenge.

Feeling comforted with that knowledge, the over-sized male fell into step beside his friend as they headed into the future together.

(Fade to black...)
Knight of Honor
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
OOC: LAst post and you can archive. This post makes it an even 10.

Even she knew the task ahead of her was going to be a rough one, but she knew she would have to be up for it. All of her friends were relying on her and she was not counting on letting any of them down anytime soon. She had given all of them her word and she planned on keeping her promise. They would not be weak and she would surely enough make them work for their new family. She would work equally with them though, probably more considering the place she was putting herself in. The fact that Sloane would be there to help her remained a comfort though. He was the one that she could easily trust out of all of them, and truthfully he had been the only one there for her when she had returned from her long journey. He had just joined the pack too, and Nina had been highly pleased with his reoccurring presence in the creek.

It would be no more though, for she was now putting her paw steps into new milestones and the future held many untold secrets and paths ahead of them. With each step the pair would become stronger wolves, ready to take on anything that would dare take them done. All Nina could do was hope that Sloane would stay with her until Koda returned to her. Along with the fear that he might not like what was going on, but even Nina knew she would have to go on with her promises and from the way she knew Koda, she knew he would understand to. She continued on her path, hoping to the Gods that her beloved mate had not changed for the worse since their last encounter.