(See All?) Announcements
360 Users Online
Bing, Google, Chan

For the Last Stand — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 107 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/follko-table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:260px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">

His legs ached. Every few minutes the wolf would pause and take a break. Follko knew he was on his last legs when it came to energy. Ever since the infection began sucking his energy away Follko realized that he had to come back.

Depressed that the dark wolf couldn't find a healer outside the pack when there were none within Grizzly Hollow the rusty black wolf limped and forced himself to move back to the pack border. He new that he could not be healed there, but having the pack around, other wolves to reassure him, just to have that company again would make Follko happy nonetheless.

It took him two weeks just to get back to the border in his condition. Now that he was there the mans orange eyes glanced around at the familiar territory beyond the border. I have been gone for so long... I should howl at the border like I did so long ago.. He thought quietly while letting himself lie on the cold ground resting his pained body.

For an hour he rested so that when someone came for him he would be able to move a bit less stiffly. Then the ill man stood up and loosed a crackling howl. His voice was shot and just moving his muzzle to howl set fire to the whole left side of his swollen face. Quickly he finished the howl then lie back down again and waited. Follko shivered a bit as the cold leached from the ground into his bones.

"Speech goes between these."

(This post was last modified: Nov 17, 2012, 04:57 PM by Follko.)
“Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.”
--Edgar Allan Poe   user posted image
Played by becuffin who has 91 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aniu

It froze her in her steps. The cracked alien howl. Her ears twisted and instinctively, her feet followed. There was a tightness in her chest. What if it was the mad woman who had taken a chunk of her hide? A chill past down her spine, but the young faces of the pups passing through her mind was enough to steel her resolve. She had to be strong and brave. For them.

As she neared and caught scent of the stranger, her stomach flip-flopped with the reek of infection, and for the first time, she kicked herself for not gathering nearly enough herbs to withstand the approach of winter. She had of course, managed to salvage some willow, a few scraps of white fir and scrub pine... but this... man, she registered as she approached, would probably chew through those stores on his own. If he was no threat to the young.

She skirted the larger snow drifts, worried that if she fell, with her small stature she may never make it out. He was close now. Inside the border, but she would forgive him that, just this once. He was probably delirious with fever. Still, she could feel her body stiffen with her approach, tail held rigid with her spine and ears thrust forwards. She was in the right here, protected by the markers of Borden, Jayse and Kade. Help was only a howl away.

As the dark man came into sight her heart skipped a beat. Was it even worth trying to save him? His scent tickled at her memory, but she couldn’t quite place it. Concern painted her face as she quietly questioned, “Who are you and why did you come here?”

user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/follko-table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:260px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
Follko's call was quickly answered and he was thankful for that. However it was not the wolf he had intended to first meet him come to the border. He looked the female over registering her scent and her suspiceous questioning. At least the woman was doing her job.

"You're a newbie I see.." He smiled a bit all the while wincing at the pain every time he moved his muzzle.

"My name is Follko Theizkei, and I'm an older member of Grizzly Hollow pack which you now call home to." He closed his eyes bearing the pain then opened them and dipped his head in greeting.

The chill in the air sent another shiver up his spine. He hoped Jaysyek or Borden would show up soon. Follko wanted to be back within the pack as soon as possible, just for the comfort of family. Though he didn't know this new wolf, she too would probably become family if he was not rejected.Of course they have all the right to reject me. Packs don't need a drain on their resources, and at my age it might be better for them to reject me rather than spend precious time and energy to help me. Especially if I can't fight off this illness. Follko thought gravely. It was a very real possibility that this might occur, but he tried to keep his hopes up nonetheless.

"So I'm guessing there's still no healer within the pack? That's the whole reason I left in the first place was to find one. That was back when this... " He gestured to the dripping slash marks across the left side of his face, "wasn't as bad. I thought I could find someone to heal it when there was no one back home to do the job...of course.. I was wrong.. ." And that's why I'm back here again.. Follko rambled a bit. It was good to talk to someone again after being alone for while. Besides, he had nothing to hide from someone who should have been his pack mate.

Make sure you put ONE

tag in between each paragraph. It will look gross if you don't.

Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>Jaysyek had noticed Follkko's disappearance, and she had taken some measure to look for him. She was worried he had fallen ill, and would hate for him to pass. When there was no response to her calls, she once more returned home. It was always the same they came and went, and she wasn't sure why he had left. She did know, however, how easy it was to trade one lost soul for another. Everyone of the pack would be looking for the grizzled man on their hunting trips, they could only hope some news would come of it all.

With a rabbit in her jaws she was returning to the markers of her home, having just hunted in the forest itself when she heard the broken howl. Aware who it was she took off at a quick run, wanting to reach him before he had any more trouble. His conidition could be worse, and she tried not to think if he had only returned to use his least breaths.

When she arrived she saw Aniu, and him conversing, him mention a search for a healer. Suddenly Jayse realized Aniu could help him. Dropping the rabbit to his paws, she let her nose inspect him more thoroughly, and than kindly looked to the silver lady.<b>"What he says is true, and I am so glad to see your face Follko."</b> Giving him a look of concern, and smile. <b>"Do you think you could help him Aniu? If not, I'll have to go to a friend, and I'm not sure what that favor will cost me."</b></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2012, 07:29 PM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Namara who has 148 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/ShadowstormTable2.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:300px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;">
Shadow had been hunting. She'd been doing her best as a Grizzly Hollow member, determined to serve the pack best. She'd noticed Follko's scent fading for some time. Newer scents mixing in now. But that was pack life wasn't it? But the scent of him hit her nose. It was different, smelled of no pack. But a loners smell. She'd been around Relic Lore long enough to know the difference between every pack. She came across the scene of Jaysyek, Aniu and Follko. She smiled as she dipped her head in respect to Jaysyek, a bow of submission. She glanced up at Follko questioningly. Where had he gone? "Greetings Jaysyek, Follko." She said calmly, her eyes focused on Aniu. She'd have time to meet the new female later.

She saw Follko was hurt, she'd had some more injuries then a broken leg when Nina healed her and she remembered some of the herbs used for infections. If Jaysyek allowed, she'd be able to help. "Jaysyek, I once had a friend, Nina, she healed me once and I was taught a few herbs. I think I could help him if you allow me too." She said respectfully. She knew herbs, she was sure she could maybe talk to Shade and see if she could get some guidance from Elettra, or she could go, regretfully, to Nina and see if she could get help.

(This post was last modified: Nov 19, 2012, 01:24 AM by Shadowstorm.)
~ραяαησια ιѕ α tнєσяу, ι'м ησt ραяαησι∂, ι'м ιηѕαηє~

user posted image

user posted image
Played by becuffin who has 91 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aniu

A newbie? She had been here for months, although she had only recently really started interacting with the pack. She relaxed then, as she recognised the scent of one who had lived among them before. This was her fault, that she hadn’t come forward, really mingled with the members of her pack. If she had, maybe, just maybe, he could have sought her out instead of wandering so far, for so long. Jayse was the only one that really knew what she had been raised to know.

“I’m Ani.” she replied, her small voice soft as she took real note of the injuries that covered his body. “I- I’ve been here a while, I just tended to not go too far in... I- I was terrified. she admitted with a nervous chuckle. “I can heal some...” she admitted with a nervous look to her paws as Jayse approached, her ears tipped back and her tail dipped between her hocks, happily waving from side to side at her leader’s casual approach.

She listened in earnest, nodding merrily at Jaysyek’s suggestion. “Pretty sure I can fix him up... I might need to run about a bit and do some gathering...” It was then when the other girl arrived. Her golden eyes fell on the low way she held herself and she kept herself steady. The more time she spent around others, the easier it was getting. Her ears flicked at the girls offer of help. “I’m sure between us we will sort something out.” she said with a gentle smile.

user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Follko nodded greeting Aniu after she introduced herself. He didn't want to talk unless he had to. It was too painful to move his muzzle even a tiny bit to form words. He was surprized when Jaysyek said that Ani could help. He didn't know that the younger gray female who was patrolling the border so well was actually somewhat of a healer.

When Shadowstorm showed up Follko's gaze turned to her magnificent blue eyes. He blinked willing himself to try and tell her why he had been gone for so long. However she cut his thoughts off mentioning that she could try to help out with healing him. A look of gratitude formed on Follko's grizzled face. He tried to catch each of the wolves present by their eyes with his own showing them the gratitude in his features. The older man hoped that indeed Aniu and Shadowstorm could help him. For if they couldn't Follko feared that he would not last through to Spring.

Finally as silence enveloped the four wolves Follko flicked his ears in greeting to Shadowstorm. He hoped that she didn't look down on him for being gone. Then Follko lay his body on the ground and huffed in exhaustion. Closing his eyes for a few minutes he let his body relax. He was waiting for Jaysyeks order. He guessed that she would order him back to the den. Of course he also did not know if she had really accepted him back yet or if she was just worried for a previous pack mate. The older man was confused and hoped the white female would mark him with her scent so that he could stop worrying about his future.

"Speech goes between these."

Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>She had a hard time taking her eyes off Follko, unsettled something very bad was lurking beneath his dark coat. The draw of her nostrils she couldn't pick anything but infection, not entirely decay and death of a nasty disease. He was silent, and she felt more worried she hadn't been able to cure it to begin with.
Aniu's voice collected in her ears, and she slowly drew her white mask in her direction. She nodded, and when Shadowstorm came Jaysyek was sure Aniu and her were thinking the same thing. They could get needed supplies together.

<b>"Shadow,"</b> she quietly answered, her eyes cast to the ground while she collected her own thoughts. <b>"I think for now if you'll help Aniu collect what she needs, and if we can't figure something out we could seek Nina out or my friend."</b> She half smiled, glancing to the blue eyes of the dark female. She had warmed up these past weeks, and Jayse was happy she was willing for her friend.

Turning to Follko, she gingerly pressed her jaw to the rough around and shoulders careful to avoid his injury. She hoped he understood he was Grizzly Hollow wolf no matter his depature, but did this action to assure and comfort the man. <b>"Follko we have another den you could stay in, if you are up to getting there. I could help you while they search. It use to be our past healer's den for such things, and you'll probably be more comfortable there any way."</b> She had a faint smile, but looked to his eyes to try to pick up his own feelings. She stood beside him, ready to help him get there and on his way to recovery.</blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Namara who has 148 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/ShadowstormTable2.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:300px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;">
Shadow nodded to Aniu and Jaysyek, glad she could help. She looked at Follko. It seemed like it had only been yesterday since she told him her story on how she came to be in the Lore. She'd told quite a few people. But he was the first she'd opened up to. She looked at Aniu. "I'm just glad to help." She said. She thought back to her nightmares, her daydreams. Ah how it had been so long since she;d gone into a lapse of flashbacks. she still held te lingering question. Where had Follko gone? What had he been up to?

Shadow looked at Jayse next. Was she going to ask Follko what he had been up to? Or would it be forever more a mystery? did anyone wonder what she wondered? She wondered a lot now-a-days. She looked at Ani again, a smile on her face. what herbs would they need for his one?

Apologies for the shortness of this post.
(This post was last modified: Nov 24, 2012, 10:32 PM by Shadowstorm.)
~ραяαησια ιѕ α tнєσяу, ι'м ησt ραяαησι∂, ι'м ιηѕαηє~

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
I lost my muse after I lost this post to the switch over so it's a little short. Sorry!

Follko felt relief. Relief that he still had someplace to go. Heat from Jaysyeks fur warmed his cold shoulder as she messed with his ruff. With a shaky sigh Follko opened his orange eyes glad to have his family close. He listened quietly soaking in the voices of his pack mates while they planned on finding herbs and such for both his plight and for storage. Then Jaysyek mentioned a second den he could go to. Looking up Follko twitched the uninjured side of his face into a smile and nodded.

While he stiffly stood up Follko noted Shadowstorms voice. Her calm tones hid a questioning curiosity Follko knew. The dark man would find a time to tell her why he had left just after helping her to join. He would make sure to tell the whole pack why he had gone. No hiding anything from them. Not after all that they had done for him.

As he slowly stepped by the peppered and black coated females Follko turned his head and gave Shadowstorm an apollagetic look. He debated licking her cheek but decided that was a bad idea and continued slowly following Jaysysek.

(Exit Follko)