(See All?) Announcements
511 Users Online
Bing, Google

Wizards Never Die — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Trying to make this a quicky post. Needed one last thread in Northern Eden.
*note* Nari just came from her Ghastly Woods thread "Run For the Night" with Isen.

November 18th / Slightly cloudy skies and cooooold / 17 degrees F/ lightly snowing

The world continued to turn. Narimé was less confused now than she was before, but she stil felt that gut feeling telling her to run, explore, and chase her problems away. Though slowly the young wolf was heading back to her home south. She decided to travel through one place that she had not yet seen.

The land between Ghastly Woods and Heartleaf creek was the small bit of territory that the young woman had yet to travel. Though she quickly found out that the spring was a small area. Slightly confused she wondered how she had missed the secluded spring while she was traveling up heartleaf creek wandering around all those months ago.

Sinking to the frozen edge of the fresh spring Narimé dipped to take a drink pausing only to watch her reflection gazing back at her. The face that stared back still unnerved Nari. Narimé knew that it was her face in the water but she couldn't believe that she was as enchanting as she looked in the mirror image. Closing her bluish eyes Nari lapped at the clean water and shivered as the cold liquid slipped down her throat.

Standing up again the young wolf shook out her thickening fur and gazed around at the scenery. Small snowflakes dipped and rode the tiny wind currents that wound their way through the air. As she watched the dance of the snow Nari listened for sounds of creatures scrambling out and about. It was as if the other animals knew that winter was here. The only sound she could hear was the quick chirping of tree sparrows and pine siskins as they fluttered about in the trees.

Taking a step forward Narimé began planning her return to Southern Eden. The silvery wolf planned to follow heartleaf creak back down to Whisper Marsh. It was easy from there to get back to her home in Drooping Willows.

As she padded a long the scent of wolf slowed her pace. She was curious who it was that was close by but made no move to go and check it out. Why would she? Narimé no longer had to worry about Sloane and her father was already found. She did not have to seek out other wolves any more. Besides. her pack was probably missing her back at the Willows and Narimé didn't want to make them wait for her.

Then again. there was someone she could ask about. Isen had a sister that she was searching for, Ashanti. She wondered if Ashanti was still alive or not, if she was then the white wolf must be lost and alone someplace out here. Perhaps she could help with searching.

Lifting her head and sighing Narimé began padding towards the scent. Her hunting skills subconciously moving the female downwind of the other wolf. Smelling the scent becoming fresher the young woman laid her ears back and let out a very short bark-like howl searching for the other wolf close by. Maybe they could hunt if the other wolf was up to it.

(This post was last modified: Dec 09, 2012, 08:35 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Kashikoi who has 182 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Kashikoi
His slow pace took the young frail wolf back to old familiar lands. It was already clear to him that it would be a harsh year again. Sighing a little he lowered his jaws to the rabbit carcass. It may have been a bit demeaning to eat it but it was a godsend to him. The grass felt stiff with frost under his rough paws as the start of snow began to dance through the sky. He knew the snow well, death’s song of the winter. It seemed to him that it had gotten a taste of him and didn’t want to let go. Trying not to think about life’s problems he tore meat from the cold hare.

An unfamiliar scent danced across his nostrils, he ignored it. Let the wolf find their own food. He made quick work of the corpse knowing he would probably have to move again soon. He was in no way ready for a fight right now. His fur was tangled and his body was thing. He heard a short howl break the silence of the snow. His ears twitched in answer to it as he looked up and answered with a howl of his own. As he waited for the other wolf to approach he lay on the ground and began to chew on the bone. He was not going to let any part of this godsend go to waste.
With death comes life and with life comes hope.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Does he have any of Nina's scent still on him?

Her ears flashed forward when the sound of the wolfs answering howl echoed through the trees. Trotting towards the voice Narimé searched the trees until she finally spotted the reddish fur low to the ground. The wolf was eating something? I hope I'm not going to bother him too much.. She slowed her pace till a respectable distance was between them and stopped.

Looking over the male who smelled older than her. Maybe Sloanes age? She wasn't entirely sure. This wolf was shorter than her and thinner, but she guessed his lankyness was more due to the snowy winter than genetics.

"Hello. My name is Narimé Lagina. I don't mean to bother you, but I'm searching for someone. She's a white wolf named Ashanti Aranna. Have you ever met a wolf called this?" She wondered what this loners personality was like. If he was nice or impatient, or maybe depressed. Half the wolves she had met seemed to be depressed or sad about one thing or another. As she looked him over it was clear that he would need a good meal to last him a few days. At least more than the rabbit she scented that the guy must have wolfed down.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Kashikoi
ooc yeah
Truth is told he really wasn’t looking forward to talking to the lone wolf. There was little he could do to make himself presentable besides licking his muzzle dry of blood as she approached. He was slightly beyond caring about what he looked like. “I am Kashikoi No one” the last bit was part bitterness part longing. It seemed every wolf around had a name or title but he was no one. He was little more than a runt in the world who was never meant to live; his friends had even called him scrap. He looked the larger yet younger smelling female over.

The thin wolf mulled a bit in thought, “yes I know Ashanti, friend of Nina, we were from the pack Copper Rock Creak before it disbanded.” The wind tore jagged daggers through his fur making him wince at little at the cold wind. “If you are asking about her health, then she is fine, and healthier than me.” He mulls for a moment whether or not he should tell here where Ashanti is staying or not. “However I prefer not to tell you where she is seeing as the last time I did something like that it almost got a friend killed and left her blinded in one eye.” He raised his snout to the freezing wind trying to pick up the smell of meat. There had to be a dear carcass or something, even mice would do right now. Not finding any scents he crushed one of the rabbit bones to try and get at the marrow.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

The fact that this scruffy wolf did know who Ashanti was made Nari's tail wag, but when he said he wouldn't tell her where the female was her tail stopped. She didn't talk back but instead listened on as he explained his reason for not speaking of the white she wolfs location. "His friend lost an eye? and didn't he say friend of Nina before? If he was in the same pack as them than Ashanti should be traveling with Nina and Sloane!" Her mind raced to that conclusion. Even if he didn't answer her completely Nari was sure that Nina then would know where Ashanti was. Then maybe she could help her get back together with Isen.

Glad that she didn't have to look far for information on the white wolf, Narimé looked over the wolf who had begun chewing on the bones before him again. He seemed very hungry indeed.

"Just so you know. I know Nina and Sloane from your old pack. They are very good wolves. Maybe, if I go hunting with you, will you tell me whether Ashanti would still be following Nina or not?" She picked up her head smiling warmly and wagging her silver banner in a playful manner. "Believe it or not I'm a good hunter and I'm sure we can get you something good to eat. " She turned and trotted a few steps away from the direction of the spring and began scenting the air. Right now the she wolf couldn't smell a thing. But if they moved around some and headed towards the forest then the two wolves might be able to find a trail. Though Nari wasn't sure where the deer would be bedded down in the forest. She just knew that during the day they were in the forest whereas dawn and dusk the deer ventured out to graze in the fields.

"You coming? " She looked over her shoulder to see if Kashikoi would accept her invitation or not.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Kashikoi
The talk of a hunt and the fresh meat that would follow was definitely more enticing than the ragged bone he now chewed on. He couldn’t help the fact that his mouth began to water at the thought of so much food. He wasn’t exactly proud of how he had presented himself to this new wolf nor was he proud of the fact that he had denied her of the knowledge that she sought. His denial didn’t seem to bother the kind wolf long however. How could one be so happy and carefree while they were on their own? He had a difficult time understanding the feeling.

Making his choice he dropped the bone as if he suddenly found it repulsing which he guessed it was in some ways. “Uh yeah I guess I will come and hunt with you. I need the food anyways, that and a friend reminded me of why I never gave up before.” He thought back to how Nina had mentioned his old pack to him. The one he had grown to hate, he still had to prove them wrong. Lifting his tail in the air in a friendly manner he carefully darted past her before coming to a halt and waiting for her to lead the way to the food she had spoken of. The hunt had not even begun yet but he could already feel the adrenaline coursing through his many veins. He wouldn’t admit it but he had already decided that he could trust this wolf. Her scent didn’t make him feel uneasy at all.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
OOC: Please tell me if you want this post changed. Will gladly redo it.

Watching the wolf drop his little bone Nari pricked up her ears glad to hear that the wolf wanted to come. She was curious but did not ask about that other friend that the wolf spoke of. Now they just had to find the food.

Before stepping forward Nari looked over the male once more noting his body. A speed type is what he seemed to be. They might not have to stalk a prey item as long as he was fast enough he could drive the prey towards her. She was more of a stamina type, so she would give the prey an initial blow and help to drive it to the ground. Too bad they didn't have a strong wolf here to help end the hunt sooner, but they should be able to take down a deer on their own.

But finding it would be the problem. Closing her eyes Nari went over al the hunts she'd been on previously. white tailed deer kept to the forest during the day, maybe grazing around the very edge of the forest until dusk. Dawn and dusk was when they moved around most often heading out into fields to eat. It was daytime now so if they had any luck they should find a deer wandering or bedded down in the forest.

Turning herself towards the deeper forest the silver wolf started off looking for a game trail. Keeping her nose working constantly she also scented for any sign of deer other than tracks. She checked behind her to make sure Kashikoi was coming along too.

"Stay quiet and keep your eyes and nose working, look for any sign of a deer... When they are bedded down in the forest growth it's almost impossible to see them." She growled to him quietly and started off choosing her steps wisely to keep noise down. Every twenty feet or so she paused to listen to their surroundings. The leaf litter made it hard for them to be quiet during the hunt, but that equally made it so that any deer moving through the forest could be heard as well.

Their frequent pausing while traveling through the forest would also cut down on the deer noticing their steps through the leaf litter. That constant pausing every twenty feet replicated the sound of another deer browsing on the bushes. So as long as they were not seen or scented by a deer the two wolves had a chance at finding one.

"When we see one and the hunt is started I want you to try and run it towards me, I'll give the first blow, and then we can run it down." It was a simple plan, and with only two wolves hunting there could be many things that might go wrong. Nari was banking on her stamina and his speed to be able to finish the hunt.

Her tail twitched to the side a little as she caught the scent of prey on the ground. By the smell the she wolf could tell that it was a subadult buck. Pausing once more she listened for the sound of creatures moving through the leaf litter. She heard nothing but the sounds of smaller creatures like chipmunks foraging on the ground among the leaves. "Is the buck bedded down then?" She wondered quietly.

The scent was fresh, and there was no wind at the moment. Which could only mean that the deer was close. Now to determine which way the bucks trail was headed. She looked around her at the ground searching for displaced leaves or tracks. Following the trail for a few minutes Nari finally found a track. The indentation in the ground showed the deers movements headed in the opposite direction she had been heading. Turning around the she wolf slid past the male giving him a joking half smile then continued trailing the deer.

Pausing another twenty feet she listened and looked for their prey. Small hills and dips in the earth made up the ground of this forest. It was very possible that the deer was bedded in one of those dips. Keeping close to the bushes and her body lowered a little Nari peered at the dips in the earth in front of them.

A few minutes passed until she finally spotted it. It was about forty or so feet away beind the dense brush in one of those dips in the ground. She had spotted it when the deer lifted its head up and shook its single tined antlers. Though Nari might not call such a small rack antlers. They were more like two horns sticking up above the creatures head. It was laying in he dip ruminating on whatever plants it was digesting. Most of the animals body was hidden by its surroundings while it rested.

Pointing her nose forward she pointed out the deer to her companion. Could he see it? Seh waited for a response from him before telling the male to get int position. She wanted to make sure he was ready first.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Kashikoi
All though he might not think that hunting with a stranger was satisfactory it was necessary. Nina, that gentle soul had given him the ability to want to live longer. He would not let her down and be a failure. He was going to need all the food he could get to be stronger. So here he was following an almost complete stranger through the forest. As she had instructed he kept all his senses on full alert to any sudden changes in the wind. There was any number of things that could give them, or their prey's position away. A rustle of leaves or a wisp of a scent, He had to be vigilant on this hunt.

He knew sooner than latter that his senses were still going strong. He detected the runt of a deer about the same time that the female pointed it out to him. That was his cue, he could tell that this deer was alone, both by scent and the lack of sounds. He lowered himself to the frosty ground as he slowly began to creep towards their soon to be prey. When he was no more than twenty five feet away he quickly darted to his feet. As he began to run the deer got to it's legs in fright as it began to flee. He forced his own powerful legs to propel himself forward. He was closing in fast on the deer as he began to angle it towards Narime. She better do her part and force this dear to the ground before his strength failed him.

ooc : really sorry it took so long I had alot of college things to do and still do for getting ready for going there
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
That's okay I took equally as long for this. XD

Narimé watched her hunting partner creep away and ready himself to his position. She was glad that he seemed to know exactly what to do. Now it was just up to her to take on the deer when it came crashing towards her. Ideally I'll get a good hold on its neck and drag it down while he finishes it. Or if he holds it then I rearrange my bite location and hit the jugular. She flicked her ear quieting the thoughts that littered her head. Then waited for the male to make his move.

Fast as lightning Kashikoi sprung out of the thick brush and charged towards the deer. Nari swore the loner was so fast that he was practically on top of the deer before it had the chance to start fleeing. Impressed by his speed she readied her muscles tensing for her chance at the deer. Kashi drove the wild animal right to her, close enough that she could feel the breath of the deer in front and above her.

As its head stretched above and the deer prepared to leap over her Narimé lept like a spring right at the creatures neck and chest. Her jaws connected with the animals neck causing warm blood to seep around the frightened animals wound.

Delicious

Her bite hardened crunching down on artery and windpipe. The metallic taste set her body on kill mode while the deer pushed then pulled her forward as it stumbled. The weight of her attack had set it off balance. The deer tripped forward having trouble carrying the extra 140 pounds of wolf on its neck. As much as she wanted to keep biting into the flesh and blood Nari knew she should let go and get away from the deers hooves. Overiding the need to bite down she let go and rolled away to the side before getting up on all fours again. A savage crimson smile on her face. Nari watched the deer guaging the damage taken by Kashi and herself. She guessed that even if they let it go now the buck wouldn't survive another twenty minutes with all the blood leaking out of its neck wound.

Even now she could see it stumbling around dizzy from blood loss. Easy kill for them. All because they had the element of surprise.

"Take it down." She snarled while jumping forward again this time aiming for the back of the neck. She would hold it down while Kashi got his chance to fulfill his blood lust. One more snap at the throat should give them a good meal.

Was thinking he would kill it in the next post eat then I would post back and fade out?