(See All?) Announcements
505 Users Online
Google, Bing

Sound of Madness — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 172 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/holdbacktherain/tables/sibyltab.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #33353b;">
'What a strange woman' Sibyl thought as she watched Isen scoot backwards into the bushes. Her exit seemed to be missed, or perhaps ignored, by the male, and Sibyl mentally shrugged it off. Whatever it was, it wasn't her business. Her attention more fully settled on the brown wolf, she nodded as he explained his issue, her eyes soft with sympathy. She understood what it was like to work too hard and just collapse from the strain of it all, though she supposed it wasn't as bad as having a chronically temperamental limb added to the mix.

When she least expected it, Isen reemerged from the forest with a small animal tucked within her jaws. Even more of a surprise was when the Isen presented the male with the small scrap of food. She supposed the apology was for the yelling heard earlier. After taking a small bite, the male shifted slightly, his brown eyes moving to meet her own. At first Sibyl looked surprised by the question, her grey brow lifted and her ears perked forward. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Oh! Ah, yes, we do have room for more." A slight frown graced her black lips, thinking of those who had disappeared since her joining last Spring. Some she had discovered alive and well in other parts of the Lore. But, the most recent of which who had gone missing, Follko, could very well be dead. With a small shake of her head, she dismissed the thought. It wasn't something she wanted to dwell on. The frown disappeared, replaced by a small smile directed his way and a wag of her bristly tail. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Are you looking for one, then?"

table by bryony
[Image: Sibyl-greysig01b.png]
Played by - who has 18 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Isen Aranna
(Isen's gonna fade out)
http://i.imgur.com/9LNW1.jpg);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:368px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-left: 60px; padding-right: 60px;">
(307 WORDS)

Isen watched as they conversed, a pack, not a pack. More room, plenty of room, no room. Words swarmed and combined in her head, somehow she heard that voice again. The voice telling her to give up for her search for Ashanti, a tear, then another and another slid as she hid her emotions. she was trying her hardest, but she had reached a boiling point that could not be calmed. she ran away howling to the night, this time there was no return to the scene. She'd never return to his dreadful forest. Not now, not ever.

"Why can't it ever be easy? To find a loved one, to be alone. To not hear voices. I created the sound of madness." She howled to the night, she had to get away from it. from everything. From her life as a loner. She needed to find Ashanti, and she needed to find a pack. She howled one last time as she rushed the thick bushes, pummeling them and her paws moving to the pace of the wind. She looked behind her, hopefully she wouldn't be followed. She couldn't back out now that the voices were screaming at her with demanding voices to give up on her sister. She'd find her before she traveled to Aranna. She personally could feel her heart leapt with her. She felt closer to Ashanti, no matter how far apart they were, they were always getting closer.

She ran to the borders of Cedarwood forest and another territory. Perhaps she'd head north. With one last look, she headed away from the wolves. Away from the hell hole she'd been in. the farther away from the wolves she got, the more the voices went away. Her eyes in a stubborn gaze as she slowed down. It was time to rest, then she'd continue on.
*ISEN EXIT*

Played by Alanna who has 82 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Destin McBain
Destin hesitated as the female replied. She seemed surprised by his question. Was there something wrong with him so she didn't think a wolf such as himself would be able to join this Grizzly Hollow? The idea nagged at him and he smiled meekly. <b>"Yes I would be interested."</b> he replied slowly. Here he was, putting himself on the limb again, on the edge of the cliff. Perhaps this time he wouldn't be pushed off. <b>"I should tell you how I got here, shouldn't I?"</b> he said, shifting his body slightly yet still looking at the ground. <b>"Some of Copper Rock Creek helped me get better. I was looking to join but the female wolf there said she didn't think it would be a good time and asked me to wait. But I wouldn't. So I came here..."</b> He offered a very quick summary to Sibyl. What if she thought that he had been chased out or something else happened to prevent him from joining? What if she turned him down? Destin didn't know where he would go then. He didn't really like making plans and this one had been the first to pop into his mind at the time.

The male's gaze turned upward with an unspoken question in his eyes. Would she at least accept to take him to the leader of this Grizzly Hollow? If so, that was further than he had been able to go before. His golden gaze turned to look for the other female wolf- Isen. Perhaps she had some advice for him or she would even be interested in joining Grizzly Hollow too to look more into finding her sister? However his eyes could not find the mysterious female wolf. The slippery character seemed to have escaped unseen again without him noticing. Long off he heard a long winded howl and recognized it as the voice of Isen. He hoped, for her sake, that she would someday find her sister again.
(This post was last modified: Dec 01, 2012, 04:29 PM by Destin.)
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
(Erm, we can either get Jayse in here or start another thread? Your choice lol)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/holdbacktherain/tables/sibyltab.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #33353b;">
She stood politely as the man told his tale. Strangely enough, though Sibyl had spent considerable time living here, she was little acquainted with the neighboring packs. She knew that they were out there, sure, but she knew nothing of the now disbanded Copper Rock Creek. In any case, she didn't place any significance of him having turned down the Creek's offer. If you needed a home, you needed a home, and Sibyl didn't see anything wrong with what he'd done.

His big golden puppy eyes looked up into hers, and she instantly felt sorry for him. She was sure Jaysyek wouldn't say no to taking him in, Miss Jaysyek with the heart of gold. And even if Jayse did say no... Sibyl hardly knew Destin, but she'd vouch for vouch for him if it came to it. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"I think you've come to the right place then. But ah, we need to find Miss Jaysyek..." She squinted at his injured leg, thinking. He couldn't really walk too well... But then he'd have to move some point, and she didn't want to leave him at the border when there were better places to rest at the den. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"You think you can walk, sir? Or would you like me to call her? I just don't wanna leave you out here alone, with your leg like that." Sibyl had seen too many scary creatures stalking around the borders to feel comfortable outside of them for long, let alone leaving a broken wolf out to fend for themselves here.

A sudden, anguished howl caused Sibyl to flinch, staring up into the canopy. She hadn't even noticed the she-wolf had left until she heard her voice coming from a distance.

table by bryony
Inactive No Rank
Destin McBain
(We can start a new thread)

Destin was listening to the poor howl of Isen when his head quickly turned back towards Sibyl. His heart rose in his chest as the male heard her words with ears perked. She was going to take him to the leader! Jaysyek was her name? What a peculiar one. He repeated it out loud to himself quietly because he was so prone to forgetting names, though it probably wouldn't help much. <b>"Thank you, thank you, thank you, ma'am!"</b> He grinned. Though the loner knew this did not mean he was accepted in Grizzly Hollow, it did mean that he had come closer than ever before! Maybe he would finally find his family now? Only a few days earlier the idea seemed absurd, especially after the events with Nina. But now it did seem to be within his reach!

Destin noticed Sibyl's kindness in particular and wish to not leave him be even for a moment. Gratitude filled him and his golden eyes looked up at hers. <b>"I can walk... I will be okay, ma'am.."</b> the male replied stubbornly. He took a deep breath and then released it, bracing himself. Destin gingerly adjusted himself in order to stand. Avoiding moving his injured leg too much, he slowly stood up and took a step towards Sibyl. His leg touched the ground for a moment and he hissed in slight pain before composing himself. <b>"Just show the way."</b> he said with determination.
(This post was last modified: Dec 02, 2012, 05:34 PM by Destin.)
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
She smiled, her head ducking modestly at his thanks. She hadn't done anything extraordinary, but she appreciated how polite he was regardless.

He said he was alright to walk, though she noticed the trouble he was having in pulling himself up on all four paws. She had her doubts that he'd really be alright walking all the way. She rushed to his side, offering her flank to take off some of the weight if he needed. Once he was on his feet, her shoulder barely reached the russet male's chin. She hadn't realized how very tall he was when he was lying down, having not seen him stand up until now. She wasn't sure it would be much help, but she made the offer anyways. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Here sir, you can lean on me if you'd like. We'll walk together." With that, she started off for Grizzly Hollow at a steady pace. It was slower than her nimble limbs would normally carry her through the memorized route to the Hollow, but she'd walk at whatever pace he could manage. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Say, what's your name, sir?"

table by bryony

(Fade out and archive? Or you can do another post and archive, your choice. Then we can start the next thread :) )
Inactive No Rank
Destin McBain
(one last post and then we can finish this <3 onward we go!)

Destin was only just about to crumple to the ground again, he could feel it. Suddenly he felt a weight beside him. It took him by surprise. Sibyl was so much smaller than him! It would be a very silly sight to see, such a petite wolf assisting a much larger male. Nevertheless he accepted the help, and knew that there was no point in denying her assistance. <b>"Thank you very much, ma'am. You really don't need to be so kind."</b> He smiled, looking down at her with golden eyes. Their walk was obviously much slower than it could have been if Destin was injured. The silence around them remained for many minutes as they proceded deeper into Grizzly Hollow territory. The male wolf could feel the excitement bubbling inside him; his <span class='word'>effervescence</span> seemed like it was tangible in the air around them.

Each time his paw touched the ground he grimaced slightly at the pain. It was increasing slowly and was quite distracting, though manageable. Attempting to ignore it, Destin instead looked at the world around him. It was truly beautiful. He could definitely get used to such a forest and this territory very quickly indeed. Huffing slightly with the exercise, his ears swivelled as he heard the question presented by Sibyl. <b>"My name is Destin, ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you."</b> he smiled as he got closer and closer to the end of his so-called adventure. Worries seeped into his mind and he began to feel nervous about the situation. Taking a deep breath when he could, he prepared himself for what would become of him, whatever it would be.

{fade out}
(This post was last modified: Dec 03, 2012, 09:18 PM by Destin.)