(See All?) Announcements
584 Users Online
Bing, Google, Jethro

I won't let you Choke — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

It was easy to see why Rais had picked the deer he had. Her swollen jaw looked hardly comfortable and while she did not carry as much meat as the others, it would be far easier for just the two of them to pull down an animal that was already so weak. The scent of the putrid water overpowered the scent of fear rolling off the coats of the panicked ungulates making it hard for her to judge exactly when she should break her cover. But she took a chance and lunged anyway.

The sudden appearance of a second wolf seemed enough to startle those who had not yet peeled off into fleeing, their frantic calls almost begging the forgiveness of their herd mate who’s fate was now sealed. As the sharp hooves met the snow, the doe faltered, as if she had unexpectedly encountered ice, the sickening crack of breaking bone further adding to the poor creatures woe. It was all seemed just a little too easy.

Her weight was enough to knock the battered creature down as sharp teeth made quick work of the delicate skin about the deers throat. She was still flailing as Naira moved to rip into the creatures soft belly, her pained bleats enough to keep the other deer moving. It had been too long since she had managed a fresh kill and she wasn’t about to pass up the opportunity to feast without waiting for others to manage their fill. There was room at her flank for Rais to join her, and she would not begrudge him his share. But she wasn’t going to wait until he joined her to dig in either, blood already marring her creamy cheeks.

[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Kydnt who has 154 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
Swiftly Naira had dispatched the ill doe, the frantic bleating beckoning Rais closer with slobbering jowls. He didn't wait for Naira to move or signal he could eat, he was so voracious that social cues were only a hindrance. Fortunately she held back from such dominance games, only tucking into the meal herself. Naira had left enough room for him, his streamlined body fitting into place at the side of the carcass, and hungrily he tore into the meat, gnawing and gulping with all the manners of a teenage boy with a slice of pizza.

It wasn't until he had stuffed himself with so much deer that he nearly felt like he was about to explode did he step, stagger, then sit back, rump falling unceremoniously into the snow. His pink tongue flicked out, contently clearing all evidence of gluttony from his face. His eyes drifted out over the steaming pool they edged, a really odd place and quite nice. It was warmer here, and he'd never seen anything quite like it before. He had in mind to ask her if she previously knew of it or not, but something else still dogged at his thoughts. There was no such thing as a free lunch, or buffet, rather. "So, you're up to something," he commented, offhand and unaccusingly. "What is it?" Fox-like and sly, his narrow eyes slid towards Naira, a small smile on his face that almost said 'persuade me'.

[Image: LoneCrow1.png]
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
We can either leave it here or you can wrap up?

Once they had both eaten their fill (to the point her stomach was severely distended), the tawny wolf moved (or more waddled) to the waters edge, taking note of the strange heat that radiated from it’s surface. Unlike other bodies of water this one remained unfrozen and once her delicate nose adjusted to the horrid stench rolling of it’s surface she found that she enjoyed the memory of summer the strange body of water bought with it. Just as she had thought, the young boy was smart and it was with a wry grin that she motioned he should come closer. She could always push him in if he disagreed with her proposal.

"You won’t keep here Rais." she answered matter of factly, calculating golden eyes resting on the younger wolfs face. "You need to stretch your legs, you need freedom you won’t find here." It was clear with Ash heading up the guardians (and filling in for Tlarx more often than not) that absence would not be tolerated. It wasn’t like when her and Rhysis had ruled here, the freedom to travel was non-existent. The demands on recruits were high. This was why she had sought him out. She needed someone on the inside for now, but beyond that? She needed someone sneaky.

Whether he had gained the truth of Bella’s heritage from their initial encounter or not she would tell him of it now. "They are keeping my children from me, and I plan on taking back what is mine. When I do, I will be leaving this place." There was no point to reveal too much just yet, she needed to tempt him with morsels of information now that his stomach was filled. "You would be free to wander wherever you wished. There would be a lot less asked of you where I am going than there will be here." It was a sly smile that painted her face. No doubt the thought of espionage would be more of a tempter than any freedom she could offer. She could only hope he found her offer a tolerable one.

[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]