(See All?) Announcements
684 Users Online
Google, Bing, Mouseling

Deep Thoughts — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
There was pain in Iopah's eyes as she seemingly tore at the seams, raw pain shone bright in her eyes a brief moment before her head abruptly turned away. Hollow had worn the same look numerous times and sympathized with her for that. But he would not just leave her to her sorrows, that wasn't his way. the strange glow in his eye's dimmed to concern for the older wolf he wished he hadn't said that it seemed to strike a heart string harder than he would have liked.

On the other side he knew that sometimes it was well needed, it had been the cold and callous Djinn that had in a way had done the same, snapped him out of lone endless and pointless wandering so that he may life life as a true wolf should. But Hollow would not be as cold as Djinn had been to him. He looked at Iopah and sighed, his eyes fell. "Sometimes it's better for bad things to happen. I like to believe things have a reason because if I don't I am aimlessly wandering through life and working towards nothing but death." The thought was true to Hollow and he added, "I would rather have a reason for living other than survival, like a pack or maybe even a family someday." Though it was not a thought he had often, Hollow had to admit one day he wanted a family, maybe even be alpha of his own pack.
(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2012, 08:35 PM by Hollow.)
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
Sorry she's been so prickly.
-----------
Iopah was still coming to terms with her changed perception of reality. She felt as if she were a puppet being subtly steered along her path while some some unseen force held her strings. True, it was comforting that something was coming at the end of this long tunnel. Although, the naivety of her youth was lost many miles ago. She no longer had the same aspirations as Hollow. Still, if she could go back and relive a single moment, with all the knowledge of what would happen to her, she knew she would do it differently. Screw the puppet master. She would stand with her family. It could not have been worse than what she went through.

She did not hear his sigh, his words trickled into her awareness. The honey and grey wolf reacted slowly, a subtle tensing. Eyes piercing, she met his gaze. Surely he was joking. He had gone too far. He could feel however he wanted, but Iopah would never consider entertaining that thought. Sometimes terrible things happened and they were just that, terrible things. There was no upside to many of the things Iopah had seen.

She took a step back from him. "Better?" Her voice was cool and concise, with an edge of warning. 'Careful Buddy, coming up to a fine line here.'

"How is my life better?" Her gaze was challenging. Try and convince me this hell has been for my own good.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
"How is my life better?" Silence followed her sharp words, Hollow could hear the dangerous note in her voice and challenge shone bright in her eyes. He knew that whatever she was feeling now wasn't good, nor could it be resolved by simple words, He let out a whine, soft and low and the fur across the black wolf's back pricked with unease as he searched for an answer to Iopah's question, though he knew he would find none. Hollow did not know her life story and so couldn't tell her it was better. His eyes fell back to her challenging gaze as he opened his mouth hoping he could ease her just a little.

"I do not know your life, I cannot tell you it is better, all I can say is that the answer has to be in you." He paused shifted his gaze back to the sky once more and said, "I believe the journey may not be better, but its the end that will be, not how you get there but where you go." He dropped his gaze back to Iopah, "I don't even know what the rest of my journey holds, there may be more for me to lose, but until then I beleive what I do to keep my spirits up and my head clear" Hollow shifted uncomfortably he never liked how he sounded so old when he got serious, he still longed to be young and carefree, but that life wasn't for him and he knew it.
(This post was last modified: Jan 04, 2013, 06:21 PM by Hollow.)
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
Her head was spinning with what he had said, the things he had insinuated. She was overwhelmed and was becoming defensive. She felt as if he was belittling her parents by suggesting what had happened to them was for the best. The knowledge that she could never go back stung enough as it was. The silence was deafening as her sharp query faded away.

His soft whine cut through her emotions. The anger drained from her golden eyes. As she listened to him something within her gave in. He was only trying to help. He did not mean to be spiteful. Iopah let her head drop. "I didn't mean to snap at you. You have to understand my family was the best thing I ever had, and my leaving them was the worst decision I ever made. Nothing is worth what happened to us." She raised her had, meeting his gaze cautiously. She did not care if he agreed, she simply did not want him to be angry with her over her previous actions.

"I should go," She said softly. Despite their disagreement, what he had said changed her way of thinking. She needed to time to process, to come to terms with everything. She managed a sincere smile. "Hollow, it was nice meeting you." With that Iopah turned and stepped out of their clearing and back into the forest.

<<Iopah out.>>
(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2013, 05:13 AM by Iopah.)
No Rank
Hollow Nite
(One last then we can claim LP and archive)

"I didn't mean to snap at you. You have to understand my family was the best thing I ever had, and my leaving them was the worst decision I ever made. Nothing is worth what happened to us." He bitterly thought of how much he wished he knew his parents and for a moment it almost made him angry with the she wolf but instead of anger he found only a sadness, a sadness not for himself but for her for her losses as well as his. She went through just as much hurt as he had if not more.

She was lucky to have known her parents and the only consolation he could offer her was an insight to himself. "They're dead, my parents are, and I don't even know my own last name." He looked sadly at her retreating figure "I know how you feel." He hoped that it would be enough to show her he hadn't meant any harm to her memories, rather his own were so bruised that maybe it clouded his judgement of family. The black wolf turned to leave and as he did he said softly at the ground before his paws "Goodbye Iopah, I hope our paths cross at a much happier time"