(See All?) Announcements
560 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Answer to it All — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 51 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Terra Anne
The answer my friend...is blowing in the wind...

There was no option. Anne had always been taught that she could choose her way of living. That for every situation she had a choice to do one thing or another. Now, she had no choice, unless you call letting yourself die slowly a choice.

Terra Anne had no chance at surviving on her own. However ignorant the young woman might be she knew this to be the truth. She couldn't survive out here by herself. It pained her just to think of trying to "make friends" with the wild wolves. However it was either make due with them, or starve in the cold.

"But I know nothing about them, nor do I know how to live like them. How am I supposed to get them to accept me?" She thought quietly while trotting through the snow. a gentle breeze that no healthy wolf would find problematic threatened to tip the thin wolf over. Her sides were thickly covered in fur but her ribs were visable. She had been eating the few plants the woman could find to help sustain her.

"So how do I get them to like me?" She thought for a while simply climbing forward over the terrain. "Show them my best qualities? Yeah.. and what are those exactly?" The she wolf shook her head unsure of herself. She knew plants and animals, but how was that supposed to help her?

"Maybe I should just ask if they could teach me their customs and culture..." Her muzzle turned to a snarl. It both angered and saddened her that she would have to learn about some savages culture just to survive. But what else was there to do?

"speech"

Played by Tyrant who has 526 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
Border patrol. It was a love/hate relationship he had with the task. He loved the part when he got to roam his lands, enforcing the borders, exploring new places, seeing the sights and all that their kingdom had to offer, for it was never the same on each trip. He hated the part where he had to meet new wolves. He wasn't exactly a social wolf, outside of his instinct to be part of a pack that was, and he much preferred his own company with the knowledge that others were in the area but not too close. Border patrol left more of a window for meeting someone new, someone strange and having to get to know them. It was tedious. If he had his way, he would select wolves based on their size and strength. He could pick guys like him who weren't talkers and as long as they got their food they did as they were told. However, he had done that the first time around- finding a wolf like Jedd, the coward who left him to defend Athena against two wolves as it "was not his fight", was no longer an option. They had to be more ruthless in finding wolves suitable to take into their home, with loyalty and courage. The tests he gave them would have to be stronger and he felt he would be turning more wolves away- a harsh reality for them as they were so far away from the world up here in the pass.

As luck would have it, he wasn't going to have an easy round today. Oh no, they decided to drop someone on his doorstep. How friggin' annoying but he sucked it up and followed the scent upon the icy breeze. He would do his job, it was why he was here in the first place (though the idea of a bloody battle seemed a far better use of his time) and he would meet whoever it was knocking at their door. Quickly as he could, he trotted up the tricky rock side, his paws effortlessly consuming the hard terrain beneath him until he pulled himself up onto the mountain side via the path they had use to enter their pass. From up here, their home was beautiful. The sides of the mountain created the perfect valley, a mini-version of the land on the other side, complete with their own forest and waterfall. It was heaven really- Naira had done a good job.
There was no time to sight see, he had a job to do and he continued away from his pass until he breached the very outskirts of the borders, where he drew ever closer to the scent of the lone female. It was not hard to spot her; other than rocks and a few scrubs there was little else upon the mountain and against the grey background of the sky, her russet coat stood out like a beacon. She was thin, wiry and in poor condition. She looked like he did last winter, but he had pulled through by joining the River wolves... where his life then changed drastically.

He made his way over. His strong legs steady on the terrain, whilst his tail was held high in dominance, his head just as erect whilst his ears perked forward. He looked beautiful and so very deadly. "What do you want, loner?" he asked with his strong, smooth southern drawl as he approached her.
(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2013, 10:29 AM by Rhysis.)
[Image: winteriscoming-mg.png]
Inactive Deceased
Terra Anne

With a start the creamy wolf jumped at the deep voice of a male wolf. Glancing at the large dark wolf Anne shook in her spot completely forgetting that she had actually been searching for a family group. Terror gripped her and the girl shrunk under his gaze tail twitching up between her legs instinctively.

She knew not how to scent that the wolf was a pack wolf, and she knew not of how the pack worked as a whole. The young wolf did not even know that it was indeed an alpha that she had found. She just viewed every wolf as a scary monster incapable of loving and caring for any others spare for their own.

Closing her eyes she thought about the wolfs words. He'd asked her what she was here for. What she wanted from him. "I gotto be strong here...Just tell him you want to learn.. that's all." She told herself this over and over until finally the thin wolf opened her almond eyes and gazed up at the proud figure.

"You see, I come from a place where..well.. I don't know how to be one of you.. a wolf.. I..I know about plants and animals and lots of other stuff, but I want to learn your culture, and the rules of how to be a wolf..I mean look at me, I think it's clear that I can't even find food for myself." She looked away from him ashamed at her helplessness. Why would a wolf like him take her in? She was an alian to him and his family. She didn't even know how to take care of herself even though she was at the cusp of adulthood.

" Right now I have only seen the bad side of wolves. The killing angry sadistic side of your kind, but... I want to learn and see for myself what it is to be a wild wolf. To be a member of a wild wolf pack. I want to feel that unity that I have heard about. Please...." She spared a sideways glance at him wondering if he would tear her throat out right then and there. Exactly what a savage would do, at least in her mind. However so far her throat was intact. None of her blood was being spilled.

But how long might that last?

Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
His face remained neutral as she spun her tale, but inside he was clawing to get out. He kept his dominant poise,but could not help but think that no matter who found her wandering close to their borders today, the outcome of her plea would be the same. The fact that it was him that found her, only made things better. Today was going to be a good day. Border patrol might actually have been worth waiting up for this morning.
He thought deeply about the right words to use, where to even begin. He felt the need he should explain his actions before he did them, just to really drive the point into her hard. He moved forward, slithering like a snake as his head began to drop from his dominant stance and down to cover his heck. His hackles bristled, reaching up towards the sky and only making him larger. He did his best to keep his lips from pulling back into a snarl, but it was difficult and flashes of brilliant white teeth were apparent as he approached the small, thin wolf with confidence.

"So let me get this straight. You are asking me to offer you a home, food, shelter, protection the works... so you can study us?" he began, no amusement in his tone despite how funny, no, pathetic her situation was. Did she think him soft hearted? That he would go running to her and nurse her wounds whilst pouring food and water into her mouth? His heart was made of stone for everyone except one and stone hearts did not bleed anything, especially not compassion or sympathy. She was better off dead if she was unable to look after herself- no self respecting pack would take her in. Learn the ways of a wolf? She seemed retarded as well. Every wolf grew up knowing how to do their job, it was innate, it was instinct and clearly she lacked any sense of them.

"First rule of being a wolf being in the presence of the King who's kingdom you wish to seek shelter? You fucking submit." he growled as he launched himself off the terrain and charged for her, his head lowered, hoping to barrel into her and send her flying.

I'll contact staff now for a dice fight. <3
Inactive Deceased
Terra Anne

Like she thought. The savage would not accept her. She had done something wrong and it seemed as if the male was angry because she wanted to learn from them.

Well that sucks..

In a flash of movement the shadow was by her side snarllighting his features. Anne did not see the hit for she had closed her eyes in fear,but she felt it. He took her right off her paws her thin body launched into the air and pushed over the rocky ground. When she landed those rocks and pebbles burned through her fur causing many minute scratches into her skin. However two rocks which she skidded into gave her more damage than the pebbles. One, a large upright stone hit her head causing a flash of pain to spread onto her stunned features. Then the second was jagged and scraped into her right shoulder. A large gash could be seen there.

Though this had taken mere seconds the whole ordeal felt like minutes to the scared she wolf. Just lying on the ground growling in pain with occasional frightened whines escaping her maw; Anne debated on staying around and letting the dark figure finish her off or trying to run.

"Would he even let me escape?" She wondered finally trying to stand up again. "Submit..like staying really low? Hadn't I done that?" Her thoughts turned to mush as the pain spread across her skull again. Quickly sparing a glance at the male she lowered herself down to the ground and kept her head sideways showing him her throat.

She stayed like this for a second then chickened out.

She began shaking in fear. This savage wouldn't accept her now even if she did this submitting thing. Quickly she began scrabbling sideways on the stones trying to make an escape. Taking her eyes off the man she turned around and started limp running away. Her right shoulder paining her as she did so.

"Next plan. Go to a different pack and try that submit thing....and DON'T ask about learning culture. " the thought bounced around in her mind as she stumbed on the rocks,got up,and started running again. Back down the mountain.

(exit?)

"speech"

Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
I feel so bad. ;__;

As soon as he made contact he stopped his assault. It was enough for him to watch her crumble to the floor, the harsh terrain beneath her doing more damage then he could have done so quickly. She was stupid to close her eyes; he needed warriors to guard their lands, not cowards who trembled in his presence. She was not fit for their pack and she would learn it the hard way.

He could of attacked her again, he could of but he did not. She was in a pitiful state, the winter would take her before long, though with the packs around here, all love and rainbow vomit crap was their specialty, if she made it to them she might have a chance and he would not have her blood on his paws; he had enough of that already it seemed and with a final snarl, he backed off, allowing her the space to flee which she did, scuttling like a crab at first before she found her footing and ran, well, limped away as quickly as she could. He had a feeling he would not see her again, but to reinstate their presence, he threw his head up to the sky once more and allowed his call of dominance, to state he was king of this place to the world.end.