693 Users Online
Bing

Glad You Came — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
RE: The rivers and creeks have flooded due to recent rains

Shade's eyes tried to stay away from the pitter patter of the rain falling from the ground. Little droplets hit his head and irritated him. It was just about time for his mid-day meal, he'd been wandering again, in search of a way to seek closure with all. Fear in his eyes about what had happened to Koda, if Nina found out, Shade was dead meat. He should have been able to save his leader, it just showed he was not able to be a Guardian. He couldn't, he just couldn't face anyone right now, the emotional scarring of being there when Koda lost his memory. It was not enough, no wolf, nto even his mate could be here to save him from this darkness inside of him.

"Oh Shit..." He said as he padded up close to the creek he'd found a small while back on his roaming. The waters were rising above the border line of the creek and solid ground. It was going to flood, and he was stuck in it. It was more of a flash flood situation as the waters continued to rise. He saw voles and hares run from the sight and he knew he should do the same. He started to run into the forest, ready to break down, this was the last thing he needed. He heard a stridulous sound, but he couldn't pinpoint it. He'd find out later. For now he had to run. He ran as fast as he could, his tail scraping in the mud from the rain. It left a trail.

(263 Words total)

(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2012, 06:03 PM by Shade.)
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Abbie who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rosealia Slayer
Rosealia's fur became sticky with the raindrops that matted her toffee pelt, and her paws were muddy as she was coming back home from another encounter with Valiant. Thank god that it rained or someone would be able to smell his scent on her fur. She couldn't help but heave a sigh of raw relief when the water fell. But then she passed a water source and she knew it: flooding. It was pouring down rain...like the clouds had been holding in so much...Her heart skipped a beat and she raced away from it all. Only to slick in the mud tumble into Shade. It wasn't like she meant to, but she couldn't see a thing in this rain!

What the bloody hell-! Then she opened her eyes, and she saw Shade. Her first instinct was to run. So she sheepishly scrambled away. Her heart thudded in her chest like a drum. She stumbled around, not sure of where she was going at all.

user posted image

WILLOW RIDGE FOREVAH!
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

As soon as the first sign of bad weather came around her friends and soon to be pack mate’s, Nina had departed. She was not one to like remembering the flooding that had occurred in Copper Rock Creek so long ago, and the golden brown healer had taken her leave from the small group. She was sure Kashikoi and Sloane understood why she had needed some space away from everyone. She had been hurt during that flood, and she also wanted to see what other places might have affect on the weather. It seemed the place she was going to would not help her past situations cause any more though. First at the Creek, then in the Ridge den, and now in the Heartleaf Creek…what was up with her and her own luck.

It was obvious in the way she was holding herself right now, that something was dearly wrong. Something had happened in the mountains and she didn’t know…something had happened to her beloved, and she remained unsure if it were good or bad. Her thick pelt was now sticking to her heavily muscled sides, and she was surprised to find that it was once again raining. It was certainly cold, but the fact that it was not snowing, struck her as quite odd. It didn’t matter though, for soon, the familiar shape of Shade was formed in front of her and she couldn’t help but all out to him, "Shade!!" The thunder and lightning overhead was of no concern to her at the moment, she needed to know what happened to her beloved. The flowing water around them caused her to pause though, and she was soon scrambling onto higher grounds, hoping that she would not be consumed by water once again, she remained unsure of how everything would turn out, for she had not swam since her leg had recovered.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Shade was suddenly in the mud, he was bulled down on, he looked and saw the culprit. "Rose, what the hell are you doing here?" He managed to ask before she started running again. He ran after her, his eyes focused on following his mate. But someone else caught his attention. Shit, it was Nina. This turned from a peaceful run from water to a run from hell. "Rose, follow me." He called to the figure moving fast in front of him. He climbed up onto higher ground near Nina. Floods with Nina and Rose were the last things he needed. "Nina, I have to tell you, something bad has happened to Koda." He said quickly before looking down to see if Rose had made it to high ground.

His tail swung low to the ground in a slow motion, barely moving by the looks of an eye. His chocolate brown eyes stricken with panic. What the hell were Nina and Rose both doing here? this is precisely what he did not want to happen. A wolf who would want him dead after he told her what happened to her mate and a wolf that if he couldn't control his anger, could be taken out on. He didn't want to hurt no one and he didn't want to get hurt. So why in the name of god was this happening to him? Was it payback for him not reaching Koda in time to save him?

Somehow he linked the two together and he knew that whatever happened today was by the power of the heavens. He had so many thoughts running through his head at the moment that it was overwhelming. His thoughts about how Koda had lost his memory and was hurt badly from the fall. How he loved Rosealia and wondered what she was doing out here. Why Nina was out here and how she would respond to the news that Shade's failure to be a guardian had led to her mate losing his memory.

(337 Words)

Inactive No Rank
Rosealia Slayer
Even though Rosealia had other things on her mind, her paws followed Shade. She made it to higher ground and felt the urge to flee again. Shade began to speak to Nina about Koda. What's wrong with Koda? Why would Nina want to know? An awfully confusing frustration entered her mind about everything. There was something she didn't know that she hadn't known for a long time. What was hidden from her, she couldn't tell exactly. Her yellow orbs glinted at Shade accusingly. Things seemed to slow down for a few moments, but she kept fully aware of the flooding below. Rain still pattered against her pelt as she watched the two wolves in pure agony. She had so many questions to ask. Her eyes flickered to the sky as she contemplated interrupting them. No. She wouldn't do it. There was only one thing she could do. But she wouldn't do that either. She desired to know what happened to her alpha male.

So she waited for the news from Shade. Her heavy, soaking wet tail twitched in an attempted swish. Her tail was a little too heavy to move.. Rose couldn't tell if it was because she was exhausted, or it was because the rain had weighed her down about four times heavier than she usually was. But, the worst part was, it was wintertime, and she shivered like a little leaf in a tornado.

user posted image

WILLOW RIDGE FOREVAH!
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The sound of Shade’s words caused her own heartbeat to speed up. Her gut and soul had been correct…something had happened to her mate. Something very bad… Her legs pushed her to continue on, the rain not bothering her as much as it would have bothered other wolves that she knew. She embraced the rain…it brought a fresh smell to the world…but she also despised it…floods could endanger everything…lives and herbs that could save lives. When they stopped she whirled on the male, being around the same size as him…it wasn’t as hard to look intimidating…and at the moment, Nina didn’t have to try at all. She was already anxious, and now all she wanted was the truth about what happened to her beloved.

If it wouldn’t have been for her warm hard she probably would have snarled at Shade…but she had enough sense to settle down and look at the guardian sharply, as if evaluating him with what was left of the many chances that Nina handed out to others…Shade, had probably been the one wolf who she had ever given the most chances to. That just proved that she had faith in the male. It just proved now…that her faith would not be crushed in Shade…but in her own life and hopes. It was why when he cold eye watched Shade did she ask, in a tone that was business-like, "What has happened?"

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
The question posed and he knew the time to speak was now. "Koda and I were hunting near the foothills to the mountains. I.. I'd trapped a doe, had it by the leg and when Koda went to deliver the final blow... he miscalculated, I couldn't reach him in time and he fell off a ledge. He's not dead.... but he's lost his memory. He can't remember willow Ridge or any wolf he's met! I think your our only hope to helping him. He didn't remember me and took off. I was following his scent, but lost it in this flood." He reported to Koda's mate. He was fully conscious of Rosealia and realized she didn't know.

He went over to Rosealia, glad she was safe. "I'm glad your okay Rose." He said, his eyes full of worry for her and the pack. He was the Second now and he'd better start acting like it. Elettra had hit him hard when she found out. "I went and told Elettra first, she was closer and didn't seem to like it. she attacked me, though I fully blame myself. I'm sorry Nina, I failed to protect Koda as a Guardian should have. As a second should have." He said, pain in his voice. It cracked slightly. the flooding started to subdue.

With this encounter with Koda, it made him realize more then ever how lucky he was to have Rosealia. Though she said herself it may not be a mutual feeling. He'd always protect her, regardless the circumstances. He knew that with this news, he knew he most likely lost Nina's trust completely. Probably now her enemy too, but he knew that he'd done all he could, yet still he failed. Sorrow in his eyes. He started howling his griefs away to the sky.

Inactive No Rank
Rosealia Slayer
Rosealia narrowed her eyes at Shade. Koda? Lost his memory? She didn't know the wolf very well, but she did know that this may change Willow Ridge for better or worse. Her spongy pelt bristled quite uneasily. Why hadn't anybody told her anything? Even though she kept many buried in her heart, she disliked secrets when they were held from her. Her toffee fur had turned dark brown from the storm, and She attempted to shake it, but it was all to heavy and muddy. Her yellow eyes averted to the flooding waters downhill. They were slowly draining out, but Rose wasn't worrying anymore anyways. She wanted to leave. Her head turned to the conversation happening before her and she focused on the situation.

She patiently listened to Shade's story, but when he stepped towards her, her bright white, unstained fangs were revealed. She wanted nothing to do with him. She was done with this right now. It was all too much. The pressure, her secrets, his secrets...The she-wolf bitterly snarled. The small woman shook her head. "Shut the hell up." Rose spat. Her ears were slanted with frustration as she whipped around and stormed off. Yes. She gave into temptation and let everything pressure her into a big mass of anger.

And then she crossed the border of Willow Ridge.

user posted image

WILLOW RIDGE FOREVAH!
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The golden brown healer sat there…expecting the worst…death or disease. Heart pounding heavily in her chest as she anxiously waited for the male in front of her to speak. When he did, what he heard was not expected, and it made her heart pound fiercely in her chest. He had lost his memory…of everyone? Her muscles tensed and her one good eye blazed over, making her look as though she had seen a ghost…or as if she were one. This case, if she had been in her rightful mind, would have been diagnosed as post traumatic shock, something that happened when your mind could not catch up with your own thoughts. It was like this for many silent moments…or at least to her they were silent. Everything that she had been going through, all the work she had pushed herself through and the Gods were repaying her with a memory lost mate?

Nina wanted to lash out, she wanted to scream at Shade for being so oblivious to her mate, and most of all she wanted to mourn, but she knew she couldn’t and that it wouldn’t have been right. The right thing to do was to stay calm and do what an alpha would do. Nina no longer had time to dwell on things in the past, as much as she wanted to search for Koda and find him, she simply just didn’t have enough time. She needed to remain focused on the pack, she wouldn’t let them down. She swallowed, telling her mind to remain calm in the midst of everything, as an annoying female’s voice cut through it all. She glared at her silently glad she was leaving before clearing her throat, "Are you still tracking him?"

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Shade looked sadly as rose ran away from the scene. "Rose." He choked out, he collapsed into a laying down position as she ran away from the scene. No, no no, please no, now she doesn't even want to be near me. Why god, why mother, father? why is this happening to me? He pleaded with the stars. Then Nina posed a question. All he heard of it was tracking him. He assumed that she was talking about Koda. "I'm still tracking him, he was traveling with someone he remembers from his past. The name was Cisco. I think he's a relative, but Koda claims he knows him. I think he's lost all his memories since arriving in the Relic Lore." He said, his eyes were calmer, and had more of a depressed look to him however.

He looked at her, what was she going to do? Her mate couldn't remember her. What was anybody going to do? What was he going to do, his mate hated him. "I.. I have to go." He said running after Rose, he had to talk to her. He needed to know what was right from what was wrong here. What would become of him and rose. Would she just avoid him the rest of her life. Surely she wouldn't leave the Ridge right? If it made her more comfortable, he would leave. He'd still do anything for her. Regardless of what happened next, she was always his Rose. He would always be there for her.