550 Users Online
Bing, Google

Shattered — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 231 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti "Celestina" Aranna

Stumble out, in the night, from the pouring rain

Ashanti’s white and crème fur was cold, her eyes full of weariness. She had been traveling, staying up to the extreme late hours and waking earlier. She had herbs to find, ones that when she seemed to find them, they were already shriveled and dead, or they had been picked by others and there was no amounts left that she herself could pick. She had been out of the pack for days; she intended to return with something for the herb stores. All she might be able to get is some grass for upset stomachs. She laid herself down, exhaustion had gotten to her and she dared not wake. An unexpected predator might be getting to her, and she dared not take the risk of dying just after her March birthday. When she grew, she wanted to have a mate, not pups, they would get in her way, but she wanted to experience love, true love, not the love she thought she had for her sister. Isen the traitor, the sister that abandoned her in her time of need as the Secret Woodlands pack was just starting out.

How many times can I break ‘till I shatter?

The odd scents that she once had familiarized herself with were around her. She had remembered the smells of the frozen over spring, surrounded by the woodlands and forestry. She remembered the Copper Rock Creek den and the smell she once carried, along with Sloane, Nina, Kashikoi and Durai who now all carried the Secret Woodlands scent. She vaguely remembered the female she had met once at the pack meeting where they disbanded. Pakuna, she wondered what had happened to the fae. She stood up, she had no time for rest and she continued onward. This place was once her home, just like there had been a home with her sister and her mother. But chaos had struck in her former homes, there was nothing more that could affect her, or so she thought. Truth was, things were going to get much worse. She felt the faintest stirrings in her blood. Though she did not notice them, she never noticed them.

Over the line can't define what I'm after

Ashanti watched from all around, still nothing, there would still never be anything either. At least that was what she thought. The wind whistled a warning of the forest around her. It sounded like voices moaning in pain and torture. She was lost and scared now. This was no longer her old home.

(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2013, 02:26 AM by Ashanti.)
[Image: Ashanti-greysig02.png]
Played by becuffin who has 28 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Slyscar
slyscar
we can watch the world devoured in its pain

The dark wolf stalked, with no particular target in mind as yet. No longer bothering to slink about the lands like some fugitive, the scent of his pack beginning to fade from his fur. Rolling in rotting trees and carcasses had helped to wear it from his coat even quicker, since he had no death wish yet. He was quite happy to play the anonymous loner... Or perhaps claim allegiance with that new pack on the mountain. The one from which he had taken the golden child and allowed him to slip right through his paws the night before the moon was right. Apparently close enough was not good enough for the other Aniwayans.

This place was dense with trees, the light spring shower misting the air and dampening his thick dark coat as he stalked. She was around here somewhere, whoever she was. The scent was like a drug that pulled him along, led him like a heat seeking missile to the pale girl - curled defensively... His head cocked as he watched her, orange eyes burning. Sleeping? No, not quite, the breathing wasn’t quite deep or steady enough for her to be restful. He breathed, deeply. A pack wolf, yes - Alone. A smirk crossed his face as he moved forward into the clearing. She was young yet... else she probably wouldn’t be so foolish as to be out alone.

The beast stalked his prey.

Inactive No Rank

Ashanti caught a strange scent in the wind, but she was too tired to get up and seek it, she was still scared. The scent was definitely male and the male had a strange scent to him. She did not let her icy blue eyes gaze around. She wondered, her curiosity kicked in, she stood up and looked around. She was not moving; she needed to save her energy for finding herbs in the morning. Other than that she was fantastic, she was great and no one would do anything to change that, Nina had taught her to be weary of strangers, especially when she was alone with no one else from the pack. With her size, was confident she could take the male if he chose to show himself. She had not taken into account how slow her reactions were because she was sleep-deprived.

She wanted to know who was there, she let her tail stay as it was, no wag. She was definitely weary now. ”S-sh-show yourself.” She stuttered the command, the tiredness leaked into her voice and into her mind. She knew that she was not able to fight off an enemy. She hoped in this case she could get along with a casual conversation with the male. Other than that, she was screwed because any hostilities she would not be able to solve with actions. She was alive and well still. She meant to harm, but if the loner or whoever he was. Whatever pack or faction he belonged to, she wasn’t sure if that man meant harm or not.

Inactive Deceased
Slyscar
Just adding an OOC note that he shouldn’t smell like pack at the moment because the last time he was with them was the meeting at New Years.

slyscar

He watched from the cover of the trees as the young female stood, her strange eyes scanning through the trees straight past his own blazing ones. She could have been Fleetfoot if she was just a little smaller, with a little more grey mixed into her pelt... He needed to seek his other half soon, no doubt she would smell just as tempting at this time of the year, and it was part of his job to ensure the Aniwayan’s had a future surely?

A confident smirk passed his face as she stuttered, the cogs already turning, assessing. She struggled to stand without swaying, her lids were heavy... The poor dear was exhausted... It was almost too perfect.

Shedding his dark exterior like a snake sheds its skin, his ears tipped back and his face went from one of predacious contempt for the weak to something more innocent, concerned even, for the poor young wolf who smelled to be quite far from home. Gingerly he stepped forward, his tail limp between his hocks and his fiery eyes dampening their blaze to appear more along the lines of liquid amber than the blazing infernos of hell.

His head tilted as he approached, every inch the casual, friendly type he had seen these fools paint themselves as time and time again. “S-sorry if I startled you Miss...” his voice was a gentle coo, and could have been mistaken for genuine concern. “I-I’m just new around here and I seem to have found myself a little lost.” Embarrassment thrown in for good measure. He just needed to get her guard down.

Inactive No Rank

Ashanti listened to the gentle coo of the male as he spoke. He was lost and she understood what that felt like. She herself was lost, but she was still cautious. She had learned through past experiences that moods changed quickly. She backed up again, the male she saw now. He was jet black; his eyes were a piercing orange. She did relax a little bit, but not a lot. She was exhausted still and with that, she needed to be careful. She knew that Nina would be expecting her back within the next few days, and she knew she had to be returning to the Thicket, she had to return to Secret Woodlands.

“Well it’s been nice meeting you. But I really must be going now, I-I have to get back to my pack and it’s a far journey from here.” She said, she was obviously tired, bits of fear fixed into her. This didn’t feel right, she wasn’t sure why. She turned to go leave, but then she turned back around real fast. “You’re in the Relic Lore, be careful around strangers, you never know what trouble they may cause. They may be friends; they may be your worst enemies. The howls of this forest are nothing compared to what others are.” She whispered before turning around, starting to walk away. But she froze and turned around, something was wrong, she felt bad to leave this wolf here if he was lost. She would be a monster for leaving such a wolf here. “Bye.” She said starting to walk away. She had to be paranoid, there was nothing wrong here. At least that is what she thought.

Inactive Deceased
Slyscar
One more round then we can black out and have exits to make 10? Or we can wrap it up with my next post, either way. I'll be around today and Tuesday so it shouldn't be impossible to make 10 (if you want to PM me your reply while it's waiting to be approved I can have a reply ready in a word doc for once it is up).

slyscar

He tried to appear attentive as she spoke, but the simple fact was he didn’t care for her words. He inched closer under the guise of innocence, hurt creeping into his face as she declared she would be leaving. Anger lanced through his chest, although it didn’t quite reach his eyes. Not only was she stupid, but she was rude to boot. At the very least she could have pretended to care about the poor lost loner in the middle of the big dark woods. The scent that rolled off her pelt lit a fire in his blood. He was so close now, he couldn’t just give it (or her) up so easily.

She might have been bigger than he was, but it was clear the girl was exhausted, it wouldn’t take much of a shove to knock her off her feet... and then she made a fatal mistake. She turned her back on him and with that movement came another wave of the scent that was driving him crazy. He was torn for a moment, he could still try to woo her the old fashioned way, but if she couldn’t be bothered to give him the time of day, why should he bother with pleasantries? He stalked the girl, knowing she would feel the heat of his gaze on her back.

Before allowing her a chance to turn back at him he moved, shoving all of his weight into her exhausted frame and aiming to clamp his teeth about the loose skin at the back of her neck. He would only need to keep her still for a moment.

Inactive No Rank
Ashanti’s ‘get out of there’ attitude changed to suspicion as she felt the hot gaze on her back. What was going on here at she did not know about? Perhaps he was just following her out of the forest so he himself might not be lost anymore? But that entire thought changed to an aggression and a lot of fear. She was afraid when he went for a leap on her back, a snarl on her muzzle, but he overpowered her, despite her size compared to him, he had the energy to hold down the exhausted fae. She let out a weak, but high pitched yowl for help. She hoped someone was in the area who could hear her call. ”Get off.” She pleaded; she knew now what was going on. She had realized the time of year, she was so stupid. She should have brought someone along with her.

The fact was now that she had to try and get out of this situation. The thoughts terrified her that she was ready to pass out. She was just ready to pass out from being overwhelmed and all that was around her. The thought that this was actually happening to her just was freaking her out. She blacked out and her eyes closed. It was the overwhelming fear that caused her to faint. She had slow breathing and no dreams. Nothing to think of her body was still; though she was breathing, it appeared very faintly. She was still scared, but didn’t feel it because she was out into the black.
Inactive Deceased
Slyscar
slyscar

She fainted. One would think it would make the task at hand easier, but it bought with it it’s own set of challenges that were quickly overcome. It was quick, and as quickly as it had begun it was over. The dark wolf vanished amongst the gnarled trees more quickly than he had appeared. He had more important matters to attend to.

{end}
(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2013, 02:19 AM by Slyscar.)