Jadon, Google, Bing

you mean it today — Wildflower Glade 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

J a y s y e k

our time is running out
Long steps, light and fluid. Swift jumps, brief landings. Bright, silver light scattered a top a white floor.

Running, it seemed her thoughts couldn't keep up with her paws. Focus was required for grace. It was needed to block out the world beyond her unmatched eyes, and dark nose. The world she was wary of, and wishing to escape, but unable. Everywhere was tainted, if not plagued and there was only one true escape. Death. It had come knocking too with a hunger, and a taste. What was bringing death?

Turns that were quick, and sharp, she left paw prints, and smears in untouched frost. She knew exactly where she was going, a place outside home, steady in her memory. Almost there. It would always have its secrets, now more than ever, but she could always find the place where she met him.

How had that day gone? Two miserable wolves for different reasons crossing paths. One she should have ran from with her instincts screaming, but instead had followed him home. A wide opened smile she had, collecting her breath as she broke into the clearing. It was untouched, and she could see the inky sky with bright stars twinkling. Wisps of air leaving her mouth, she held her head high. Looking at the stars some how kept her grounded, made her collect the chaos of her own storms. Jayse could steal a single moment where there was nothing but a beating heart, want for air, and burning curiosity lingering in her eyes. She was four years old, but felt twice her age when she let her face fall. The leader would take a walk, inspecting the glade if she would find something to bring cheer again.

[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

B o r d e n
are you watching closely
After hours of traveling back to the west, it was with relief that Borden welcomed the sight of a familiar group of trees, the perfume that signaled Jaysyek’s recent patrol. Leaving Angier just over the borders, the hefty brute trailed along where his mate’s freshly forged path led through the trees. Without even hesitating to look up, he kept his nose pressed to the ground, and over the course of a couple yards and roughly half an hour, he realized where she was going.

Of course.

As to why Jaysyek had decided to visit the deepest part of the Thicket, Borden had yet to guess. Standing up straighter, his neck and bear-like ears poking forward with intrigue, he urged his tired bones onward. Each step endured the ache in his muscles. Each step brought him closer to her, to the place where he had first laid eyes on the woman with mismatched eyes, the woman who ensnared his heart… the woman who would follow him home, trust his plans of starting a new life together, and eventually rise to become one of Relic Lore’s prominent leaders.

His heart fluttered in his chest. Her scent was more conspicuous now and he knew he was closing in on her. Thoughtfully, he gazed downward, smiling as it dawned on him that his footsteps were traveling right alongside where she had hurriedly passed through the undergrowth. His head tilted thoughtful as he quietly broke through the tree line. For once, partly cloudy skies allowed the moonbeams to bathe the land in seemingly auspicious glow. If not for her shadow and the darkness of the trees opposite the glade, Jaysyek might have been easily missed.

It had only been a day since he had last seen her and just seeing here there, angelic in the moon’s light, made him lurch forward in haste through the deep snow. A smile lifted and tugged at his dark-masked features, stopping a stone’s throw from her. He cleared his throat in a gentleman-like manner, handsomely lifting his head and allowing his tail to curl up just enough in a couthie wag. “Excuse me, miss. Are you looking for something?” His smile broadened and his heart gave another leap, his eyes carefully looking over her, eager to see her face.

Here I am.

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

J a y s y e k

our time is running out
Faint trails of rabbits were under the freshly adorned snow, but they did not tempt her to find them. This was where she wanted to be. Hunger and thirst was not on her mind. However, there was something watching her. Turning in an arch she searched for the owl's the perch of a tree, but she could not find its round eyes. Ears straining he did not speak, but soon jumped from the branch, wings clipping in the air in flip. A wolf she wouldn't think to be irksome to the creature. She calmly turned around, her tail swaying behind her. She didn't mind the cold that pressed around her, or the quiet of the glade. It was a nice calm night, and she tried to echo that.

Holding still, listening to her breaths, she picked up something more solid and ground bound coming for her. A faint idea, she remained like a silver statue, moving her head at the last second when the faint sound of paw meeting snow was much closer. She saw him first. A reminder of all things passed, who she was, and the affections of her heart. All wrapped in his steady form of gray,brown, and streaks of russet. Would silver soon adorn his features, if it was not already? This year they had lost none of their children, but surely they danced on the edge of disaster reliving past fears. Continued to stare, never tiring of looking at him. Their lives continued there was always something she felt she would miss.

An instant he found her among the white, and was no hesitant in his stride. There was something stirring beneath his facade, in the gleam of his eye. A suspicious look crossed her features, but she couldn't hide her smile that lingered. She was thrilled to see him, the excitement and love quickened in her heart beat. Outside she was standing still, holding the urge to move, containing it all.

Though the years had passed his face looked the same to her, tonight as youthful as it had been. (After he had relaxed in her presence.) Tonight they would not re-create that day, but by his words what it might have been like. A playful smile, her ears cupped forward, she ventured closer. "Someone actually," she answered. The edge of her tail was limp at her hocks, but twitched wanting to wag. "You look a lot like him," she continued, but did not move too far out of reach.

(This post was last modified: Jan 17, 2013, 12:57 AM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

B o r d e n
are you watching closely
"Someone actually," the woman replied. "You look a lot like him." A tickled grin lit up his eyes, her high spirits infecting him with rediscovered admiration. Though he was not the youthful man that had met her here roughly two years ago, he took a staggered step toward her. His ears drew forward with interest and though his tail still wagged, he barely masked the pain throbbing in his joints.

Though he hated to admit it, his days of youth were numbered. The day-long trek to the east should have made him simply tired, but having been wrought with a myriad of emotions to begin with, he was definitely and obviously the worse for wear. "Well, then," he continued to smile, still slowly edging closer to her. "I'm sure he won't mind if I accompany you for a short while until he arrives." He stopped, his forepaws inches from hers. Age was a funny sort of thing, when he really thought about it; it could drag one moment then pass by in an instant. It hadn't even occurred to him exactly how much time had passed since that fateful day until he realized that Trisden - and her siblings - were going to turn two years old; and, their second set of youngsters would become yearlings by Spring. Since the small ponds and rivers had frozen over for the most part, he had yet to take note of the graying hairs becoming apparent along his lightening pelt.

"What brings you out here tonight?" he questioned, seating himself in the snow as he took in her moonlit face, the brightness in her eyes. "Must be quite a fearless woman to be far from home," his head tilted thoughtfully, admiring her. A coy smirk paired with an arched brow momentarily shed the years from his face. "Do you have your guards about you?"

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

J a y s y e k

our time is running out
Her Borden. The familiar play that lit his eyes when she gave him a piece to the game would likely be her favorite of his expressions. They couldn't fool anyone they were younger, but they could pretend. He came into her, she found her smile quirk more distinctively. Her own body was tensed, pressed to move uncertain of his moment of attack. Hanging there was part of the fun.

Brows raised in exaggerated motion."Oh? I guess after that walk it would be rude of me to turn you away. She replied, knowing how much it had taken him to get here and grateful that miles, and the wears of age could not keep them a part. Nothing could. Each day only confirmed it. A light in the hours of darkness, and startling questions what next? She though not aged in ways he was, a year younger than him, stress had her not far behind. It had a way of killing life, and that was her reason to come out here.

"Escape," she confirmed with a dip of her had. "This is a great spot for it." Eyes studied the shapes of the the towering trees, the patches of sky, and darkness. "Hmm, I certainly seem to be, do I?" She mused back, offhandedly. She never felt very brave. She was caught off guard when she tipped her muzzle to see a mark of mischief adorning his mask. "No...but...do you think I need them? I have taken a wolverine...."

Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

B o r d e n
are you watching closely
Escape. The word had basically washed over him with a sort of chill that awakened his senses. "Ah," he lent a sound of acknowledgement, agreeing that the glade, though a vast majority of it laid hidden under the frost, was one of the best places for a getaway. Even as she looked over the dark sides of trees, the shadows underneath the sturdy evergreen boughs and the moonbeam-lit sky, he continued to delight in her. Every pristine white hair in her pelt, what little color he could spot in the rings of her mismatched eyes whenever she looked at him.

She questioned him about whether or not she, Jaysyek the just and brave Queen of the Cedarwood, would have needed her Guards to begin with and he shook his head with a small chuckle and a smile. He had almost forgotten that she had conquered a wolverine... a beast that was one of the first of many tokens she had given to him over the past couple of years. "I guess not," he reconsidered, his boyish grin lingering a while more on his face.

He briefly pressed the tip of his nose to hers, relishing her scent, the perfume that was distinctly, uniquely hers. "Have you had a good day?" he asked, his voice still collected and calm. He swallowed quietly, rather grateful that his words had not been stammered or weighed down with the dread that was still very much alive and well in the belly of his being. "I have something to tell you, and I very much hope I don't spoil it too much with what I have to share."

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

J a y s y e k

our time is running out
Despite knowing how reality was pressing, the change in background helped. The small idea of returning to smoother days. Reality was always there, and returning to it had to be done. Those few minutes, she merely enjoyed how easier it was to breathe, and her handsome company who made her feel spoiled, and very blessed. Who made her believe, not everything was wrong with the world. That some things were right, some things worked out.

She grinned at him, perfectly happy as he gave her one of her favorite looks. It had not worried her enough to drive her walking in circles when he left. That didn't mean she hadn't been fearful what would happen, what they would fine. Then she plannted a wet kiss to his cream muzzle, deciding it was time to sit, prepare herself for his news. That's why he was here, and she needed to know. They had to work through this.

The signs they were not good.

Before breaking the bad news, she closed her eyes feeling bliss in the warm, and close touch. Gold and blue eyes opened, gleaming with her good mood, her life, her thoughts. "I have, knowing you were going to be home." It was probably the main reason for it all. The good thing to help her keep her head above the oceans of chaos. Thoughtful look, she brushed her nose to the underline of his jaw, and met his eyes. "I know it can not be anything good, but I am ready. I need to know." Jayse took a deep breathe, letting her ears rest back, letting herself get a hold of the last feeling of relief, and bliss.

Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
Joe Gil - Leave or Stay

B o r d e n
are you watching closely
Again his heart soared from hearing her response but his prudence tethered it back in its place in his rib cage. What he was about to relay to her, this careful and fragile dance of sorts, was not something that was to be taken lightly. In Borden's head, in fact, what he was just about ready to tell her, he was sure, was going to be world-altering, and it had taken several mental rehearsals in order for him to construct just the right sentences and choose the right words. He shifted his forepaws in the snow, eventually managing to keep them still while he sat. "I know it can not be anything good, but I am ready. I need to know." Hearing her say the very words he needed to hear was emboldening.

He took a deep breath, releasing it slowly once he had collected himself. "Jaysyek," he began, his eyes looking to hold her own gaze as her name left his tongue. "Things in the east... It's... It's not good." His mind scrambled for the next set of news, trying hard to remember what bits of information Angier had given him on their way back to Grizzly Hollow. He winced, his ears lowering as he shook his head. "Something is coming. They... They are coming and we need to move the cubs away from here."

The corners of his mouth quivered as though he were trying to conjure up a smile to hide the anxiety that was threatening to break him down. He looked away, staring at the ground for the time being as he scowled. "I promised..." he breathed. "I promised everything would be all right... and it's not. And there's nothing I can do about this." He gritted his teeth, sniffing as layer by layer, masks and facades were lifted from him. "Bears and rogue wolves... they were one thing, and I could deal with that. Loss and pain... We can handle that too. But... This. This sickness and... and madness. There's only course of action to take and... I'd like you to think it over before we consider it our plan to evade this. We've lost all but one of our first brood and I will not stand to lose any of the four that we currently have. My heart will not allow it."

"So I propose we escape to the wilderness... Away from here. The Hollow will always be here if we choose to return I'm sure." He made another attempt to smile and the hint of a genuine simper made itself apparent on his face. "Swift River lost one of their cubs to them - a pack of blood-thirsty beings. The fact that there are rabid creatures making their way into Cedarwood only encourages me to make sure that I do all I can to keep you and our family safe. With dead animals becoming more and more common as the days pass, even more so..."

He lifted his eyes to take a brief look at her face, wondering what emotions he would find within her own eyes. "I don't... I don't want to admit it but I am absolutely terrified. Who knows... Who knows what could happen next?"