(See All?) Announcements
554 Users Online
Google, Bing

the iron chambered heart — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ku who has 20 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Liran Lael
It was the quiet roar at first which drew her in, as though that very sound was the exordium she had been looking for. Her trek across the terrain had been erratic, her decisions flitting her from place to place. Always in search of something, her steps not unlike the same her father had made years ago. She had been simply content in exploring. But winter wasn't necessarily the best season to have come venturing out into, though it had been somewhat easy going for the most part. Yet there was always the chance of it turning into a monster, a tempest that could and perhaps would brew before the season was out to snowbound them all into makeshift dens and cover.
But this, she did not think about. Instead, Liran wound herself through the thick forest, growing ever closer to the waterfall. She wondered if it would hold any secrets, and whether those would be good or bad. Only pausing to acquire a drink from a stray tributary, she made short work of the steps to get there and pulled in the scant sights of the towering water drop through the canopy of trees. With the snow plastered against the trees from days past, she found the view to be pretty enough, but also sensed the power that loomed in the area. It had a magnetic draw to it, and one that gave her near tunnel-vision in her arrival.
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

I've played this game before, and it's how I know you lose.
The Tainn had not ventured to the falls for a time now. It was an old haunt, and it bore too many memories that threatened to break him down. The recent happenings what else was another strike to his dampened spirit? Wouldn't some point came where he was untouchable, numb from all this pain?

Muffled steps, dark paws pressed in the fresh snow concentrating on the way it molded under his feet. It should have eased his mood, but it did not. He knew where his steps were taking him. The first place he had explored on his own in Relic Lore, and he was half fighting the walk. He had saved dear Ozera. A mother, Aunt, and friend wrapped into one warm body, but she was no more. A pent up sigh escaped him, and he quickened his pace to hasten it from the Grove. The roar of the falls might help, let it thunder in his ears, block at his thoughts and memories he wouldn't mind forgetting for once. The second memory he couldn't tell if it was more painful, thoughts of pale blue eyes in a silver face, warm laughs, and quick play. His heart held to it, and he felt it crush. They were all painful. Could someone die of a broken heart? Did his not count since had not lost a mate,father, or daughter?

What a dark path he was taking today. One he wanted to show Aiyana, but she was something else that fought against him. Maybe, being angry now was better for her. He certainly was not dealing with this well.

The dark male wandered closer, he would not scent the lone wolf off right away. She had come the other way, and she blended better with the brown trees, rock, and off shades of white for Triell to notice he was not alone. His eyes took in the water pouring from the cliff, thinking how it might feel for it to crush him and leave him physically bruised. Sharp ears whipped back to his head, his tail limp at his haunches, gloom upon his face. Closer he went, finding a rock to climb and sit trying to fight the inner chaos and sorrow. ""

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2013, 06:02 AM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Liran Lael
Sorry this is utter crapola, I've tried to reply for over a day now and have been putting up with screaming/crying children in this household. (So ready for my housemates kids to go back to school omg.) ;___;
And where he did not notice her, she noticed him. An inky figure emerged in the open space between forestry and water, his steps focused yet not as he start his climb. Where he was the landscape rose up to meet many of the well-worn boulders that had long since departed from the towering falls, but she lagged behind just slightly. Liran's steps almost came to a complete stop when she spotted him; a mixture of surprise and interest flooded her veins immediately. She hadn't much luck in finding others since she had first set foot in Relic Lore and had almost begun to wonder if it had become as vacant from when her father had been there.
But it was perhaps safe to say that it had not. Picking up her pace again, she crossed over a narrow band of running water to place herself on the same bank as the dark fellow. Following him would prove to be a task at first, being so unfamiliar with everything, but it wasn't really in her intentions to follow him just to be following. No, Liran only decided to keep up until she could properly call out after him — an action she took just after a short bend and his figure had come back into sight. It was a short bark, something like a hey, you! sort of call. He seemed distracted enough as it was, so Liran knew she was probably taking her chances by bothering him more. But hey, that was a risk she was willing to take, and one blow she hoped to soften with a friendly wave of her tail.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
that's hard to deal with. it's okay <3

The Tainn was lacking on his observant skills today, and he shouldn't have been. He should have been on the ready, but in the back of his mind he questioned why? The world outside the Grove did not scare him, or the thoughts of what someone could do to him. Triell had other fears, and those were ones beyond his control, beyond the fact if he watched for another wolf in the area surrounding him in the exact moment. He could be scouting the area for the enemy, but he had done that and needed to give his mind a rest before it broke. When it did he would have something bigger to worry about.

The wolf was about to jump upon a nice perch when a bark echoed behind him. Dark tail rose, paws made a grab for empty air flailing to the ground. His sudden movement he did not let out a scream, though his eyes widened, and when he had landed he turned to face the caller. A yearling by her scent, marked by an array of golden earth tones. His dark nose twitched further there was something about her aroma that sparked a memory. How could he have met her before? It made his dark brows touch in bewilderment for a brief second.

"Can I help you?" He asked, trying to sooth his bristled hair, trying to keep a soft face. It probably looked empty, blank as if he would never feel again. His bright were the only things full of life these days, revealing the glimmer in his soul and the troubled chaos.

(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2013, 11:46 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Liran Lael
She had startled him, which hadn't quite been in her intentions. But it had happened, and there wasn't exactly a way to simply reverse the clock and hold off for a moment. On the bright side, he hadn't gone and totally biffed in such a way that she would have had to come running over apologizing (not that she possibly would have — Liran didn't want to think she was that much of a worrisome girl), but her ears went back apologetically all the same. It was brief though, and they returned to their height as he turned to face her.
“Sorry, I'm being nosy,” she started off with, tail waving loosely behind her. “You looked like you were headed somewhere interesting.” Probably to sunbathe if she had to guess, though there was a certain something about him she couldn't quite pinpoint. Her discerning skills as to his downturns in life were nothing more than a vibe she gathered from his almost seeming apathy, or lack thereof. Perhaps not even apathy, that didn't seem all that fitting either, so she shelved it and pushed on. “I'm not from around here, and I was wondering if you'd maybe tell what this place is?” She tilted her head then, curiosity, wolfishly trying to convey that the question was only open if she weren't a bother.
(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2013, 05:26 AM by Liran.)
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

No threats, or harsh looks. A hint of some remorse was he offered. A short one he could have missed. He would take it, it was little things that gave way to the bigger picture and he had a mystery. A girl of youth, curious as he would have been wondering of a him in return. How old he felt gazing at her bright eyes indirectly. He would be three in Spring, and it made him miss his time as a yearling. Such good memories. When he thought he was big, tough, and able to take on anything. Best of all the world had its questions, and he wanted answers. It wasn't so dark as it was now.

The dark wolf's tail would not move in turn, but watched her with curious eyes. Her voice was good-natured, which he hoped was a good indication she was in general. It would be bad time to meet another nut-job. Though he rarely met those of the female kind. He shrugged his shoulders, but let a gentle laugh fall from his lips. He was entertained by her thought. "No, not really though there is a nice spot here to hide away." One that he would never care to enter again, a cave tucked in around the rocks, bush, and part of the falls but not much. Some how a faint grin works it's way to his lips by the canter of her head, if she would leave him if he asked. Thinking of her leaving made him want her to stay. It put a single wag to move his tail. What a perfect distraction, her questions were the kind he liked to answer. "The lands themselves are called Relic Lore, and this is Bramble Falls. Have you heard of them before?" She might have, and might not. Part of the game was asking questions of his own.

(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2013, 05:43 AM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Liran Lael
When he didn't tell her to go away, it bolstered her confidence a little. Liran felt she had been right to decide to follow after him, at least for the time being. Only time would tell if he were a pseudonymous villain beneath his thick dark coat with even dark intentions. It seemed unlikely if first impressions were anything, but she had been taught that all things were not always as they seemed. And there had never been all that much to put stock into that, so her naviety would perhaps in time shine through at improper moments.
It was however a ray of sunshine in her world to know that she had landed feet first in the heart of Relic Lore, an affirmation that surely turned up in her eyes. “Oh, I have! This is the place I've been seeking out for quite some time.” A wolfish grin beamed after her words. “This is the place my father spoke of to my siblings and I when we were much younger. I came seeking it out, you see, to find if it were all true.” While she had always believed that it was, a part of her had also wondered if he had simply been a good storyteller.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

There was no notice of change in her, but there was something. He should know better than to want to know beyond a pair of pretty eyes. Sometimes that was all there was. Or there was nothing to really hold onto. He needed someone real and tangible...loyal. Who needed love? Love was a bittersweet poison killing him.

He was distracted, the light in her eyes reminding him in a better way. Why was she so thrilled? She went onto explain, and he listened with an attentive look. The warmth of her features was really catching, making his grin more dominant. He too could remember being thrilled to come here, but for different reasons. He had been born here. It seemed possible, is that why her scent? Triell couldn't place it yet.

"Aye, you have and this is only the beginning. Was there a certain place he came from, or something more I could help you with?" Though he could babble about this place, and that he didn't think she quite wanted that. He could be wrong, but had yet to really share much a story with anyone. A porcupine would have been less prickly than his niece. Fen, he had a new hero. The other they were gone. He titled his chin, took a pull closer to the damsel. "I'm Triell by the way, and I think you really will like this place." It was almost like he was reminding himself who he was, and that could be true. He still belonged here, didn't he?

(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2013, 06:49 AM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Liran Lael
His statement that she would like the place already rang true, and so much so that Liran nodded happily along. She had liked many of the places she had been, of course the strong like (or love, really) had been where she had grown up. But the coast was well behind her now, buried deep in directions and pathways that she would perhaps never wander down again. They were nothing more but colorful snippets in her memory, as a greater desire had risen and erected it's totem in place.
“My father was really nothing more than a nomad in these parts, though I know he resided for a time within a pack here,” Liran stated first, completely overstepping the fact that introductions would have been better placed. “I don't quite remember the name, but I know it was near a river, or had a river in it. But he spoke of it very fondly, and of those who were apart of it.” Of course, little did she know that she was actually talking to one of those very members. Lady Luck had rolled the odds in her favor.
“His name was Damascus, and mine is Liran, by the way.”
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
sooooooorrrry :X this isn't very good either.

Maybe, she had seen more of the lands, there was no place he didn't find pleasing to the eye. Scratch that. The Ghastly Woods did live up to their name. Should he warn her about that place? Surely their tall, jagged arms and fingers were their own sign. He shook the thought from his head, listening while she began to speak. It was very easy to let her voice pull at his ears.

Triell was curious of this father, he had met many a wolf. Some who stayed, others who contiuned onward on their steps of life. The mention of a river, he couldn't help wonder... "Swift River?" He half blurted, question the impatient boy and curious boy in him coming out. Then that name..Damascus. Triell could picture his face, it was not like Liran's but..yes he could recall him in the den talking to Indru. Sadly he had left the same time Ruiko had. "I..think I met him..but I was younger than you..I'm not..certain." he half mumbled, he didnt' want to say he was sure. There was some fuzzy parts to his head. "Nice to meet you Liran, did you happen to know what you wanted to find? If you wanted a home in the same place I could take you there, or tell you of the other packs. Or just good places to see." Triell knew wanderlust, and maybe she had it too.