(See All?) Announcements
561 Users Online
Google, Bing

Far From Home — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tyrant who has 61 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adonis Aquila
No. Not yet. He wasn't going back there yet. In truth, he was somewhat upset that his mother had just vanished. Sure, he didn't need her now that he could feed himself, well sort of, stealing scraps and catching the odd mouse didn't really provide him much substance, but he had a big meal before his little incident by the lake and in truth, he just didn't want to go back there. Not because he was afraid of what he had done, after all, he felt rather smugly satisfied that he had hurt the false queen of his pack, but because the truth had been out there. Like a scab to air after the band aid had been ripped off, taking some bodily hairs with it so it not only stung, but looked like a nasty mess too. Nah, that was someone else's duty to clear up. Of course, he felt sorry for Bella. She was so nice; he genuinely liked her. Datura was a butt head, he couldn't care less how he felt and he hoped he was crying like a big baby. Ha, that brought a smile to his leather lips.

The snow had been falling for a good hour, landing upon his black fur yet not melting. He didn't feel the cold beneath his winter coat and thus had been content to lay beneath a tree in the meadow. He lay at the borders, where the rise he had left Valiant upon met the clearer, less tall grass. Well, snow as it was now. A few trees were dotted here and there and looked the most inviting place to just lay and do nothing. He felt like the teenager who had run away from home, but didn't think to pack a change of underwear or a sandwich. No doubt he would return soon, but having some freedom away from it all was just heavenly right now. His mind was all jumbled up, angry, upset, alone yet strong, defiant and almost pleased. He knew it wasn't right to feel pleased with himself after he hurt another wolf, but he couldn't shake the feeling that he did the right thing... maybe not for his mother, but for himself. He sure did hate that stupid little white witch.

With an absent sigh, he lowered his head to his paws and tensed his body just a little to check his limbs still had some feeling. After all, his legs weren't quite as thickly coated as his body so a feeling of numbness would no doubt set in at some point- even if it was just from laying still too long. He wouldn't sleep however, he was too on edge at being so far from home, just he, himself and I. Instead, he would watch the snow until the last flake fell and then drag his unapologetic ass back home... wherever that was now.
Played by Swift who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Guinevere
The fae raised her maw, taking in the cold and refreshing scents of the air. A light grin appeared on her dark furred snout, casually brushing her tail across the thick sheet of glistening ivory just beneath her. She had to admit, she was getting increasingly tired of this weather. Cold, dry, and dreary. Not something Guin enjoyed. She twitched an Aud, scanning the area with azure pools. Perhaps she might find someplace to rest for now, as her den was a ways back. As the snow fell, it left delicate ivory flecks upon her dark derma, and she rather enjoyed it. She liked it when it snowed. It felt to her like a new beginning, even if it was a cold one.

She came upon a cluster of trees, blinking quietly as the frigid air began to make the surface of her orbs uncomfortably dry. A gust of ominous wind swept through the area, ruffling her thick derma. She broke into a run, skidding across the icy snow. She halted when she saw a dark shape beneath a tree. She was sure that if the creature had been a more subtle shade, she would be unable to see it. As she got closer, she saw it was a wolf. A young pup, by his appearance. She twitched an ear, approaching the young male curiously. Why would a pup be out here in this weather, without his mother?

She cleared her throat, until she was just a couple feet away from the obsidian hued pup. She took in a breath of air. He carried the scents of a pack. She stood, relaxed, in a cool, unagressive posture. "Excuse me, would you mind me asking why you are out here on your own? Without your mother, in such a cold weather?" She asked politely, sitting down and curling her dark tassle around her hind legs, tilting her head slightly. Guin was always curious about such things.
Inactive No Rank
Adonis Aquila
Thanks for joining! Lovely to meet you. Just a heads up that whilst Adonis is a pup, he isn't much smaller then a medium adult now; with the size he will be as an adult and able to venture out alone more. You can check out the pup development guide here - http://relic-lore.net/showthread.php?tid=47 :D

At first he thought his eyes were playing tricks on him. The listless drifting of snow was monotonous, that was for sure and he was certain at one point his lids were growing heavier. He supposed it had been a long past few days; a lot had happened mentally and physically he had tired himself out having traveled so far and a vast majority of it at a run. It was only right that he felt tired- still, even though he felt as if dreams could take you he was certain he saw something moving. Out there, in the snow...

His first thought was to panic a little, and he felt himself shrinking down a little, pressing himself further back against the treeline, hoping that the snow that settled upon his back like a blanket, and the dark hues of the tree trunks would hide him, but it appeared whatever it was had spotted him already and was headed without hesitation in his direction. Oh no. He wondered for a moment if maybe Valiant was still in the area... he seemed nice enough, even though his mother wouldn't have approved of them talking. He could always call out to him, just to see if he was still around. A lump formed in his throat, his good eye taking in what details he could whilst the damaged orb just relayed a blob of black coming closer. He could run? Maybe... but he was tired, maybe a little cold and numb in the legs, what if he was too slow? No, all he could do was wait. He had to keep calm and think about the situation, for all he knew it could be Datura playing tricks on him, or one of the stupid wolves from the mountains coming to fetch him.

Slowly but surely, the shape gained more detail until he could clearly see it was a black wolf. Not the largest he had ever seen, but an adult at least. Female and her scent had no traces of anything but her own skin. Still, you could never trust a stranger - his mother had told him so. He hoped she might just pass by, but it appeared she had other ideas as she beelined straight for him and came forward without hesitation. Her words were kind, she seemed nice, but he had experienced too much in his life to trust a stranger... well, except that Valiant guy... and Ryvet. Still.

"She's busy." he replied quietly, not wanting to talk to a stranger but not wanting to appear to be rude either. Gah, it was such hard work being him. Being shy was one thing, but being rude was another and he simply had too many good manners about him to snub her completely.
He watched her best he could as she sat down, clearly comfortable to feel safe and look almost relaxed, but he stayed where he was, low to the ground, submissive if she demanded it and quiet. Very quiet.
Inactive No Rank
Guinevere
OOC: Thanks, I'm happy to roleplay with you ^^ And yes, I will keep that in mind :D I wasn't smart enough to read the pup development guide before hand, but I'm glad I did now XD

Guinevere watched as the younger wolf crouched in submission, obviously unnerved by her presence. Guinevere grinned, letting out a light laugh as she flicked her ears, blinking lightly at the male. "Relax! I know I'm intimidating, but I'm not that scary, am I? Perhaps I should think about a makeover, though there isn't much I can do about my dark fur." She chuckled, standing to shake away the ivory snow from her dark pelt. "Anyhow, there's no need to be so submissive. The name's Guinevere, but everyone calls me Guin." She said lightly, blinking her azure orbs lightly. She had to admit, she thought it was quite funny when another wolf thought she would attack them, only to see the surprise in their eyes when she simply grinned and greeted them.

The darkly hued fae looked the wolf over. He had a similar build to that of Guinevere, dark pelt and blue eyes. He might even be a Mackenzie Valley wolf, or at least partly, thought Guinevere with curiosity. The fae always enjoyed meeting one of her own species, hostile or not. She stood up to stretch, the cold snow beneath her paws making a shiver run up her spine. She wished it was spring. The dark fae loved spring more then any other season. Guinevere quickly realized she was getting distracted, and shook her head.

"Busy, huh? You carry the scents of a pack I've seen a little while back. You can't fool Guin! You ran away, didn't you?" Guinevere had expierience with such things. She tended to run away quite often as a youngster, at a point a bit younger then the male before her. Her eyes glinted with amusement, and she grinned impishly, before standing up to stretch a hind leg. The cold was making her uncomfortably stiff.
Inactive No Rank
Adonis Aquila
Not a problem! :)

He watched her carefully, ever overly cautious but he believed it was the best way to be. She seemed relaxed, nice even, but he still couldn't trust her. "My mother said I shouldn't talk to strangers." he said quietly, not meeting her gaze but instead spoke to the snow. He supposed his mother had a very good point, considering he had been stolen from his den when he was but a month old by his uncle, taken far away, lost his sight in one eye and then spent months alone with his mother as they tried to get home. No, strangers weren't really high on his "trusted" list.

Still, something inside him told him not to be rude. She wasn't being rude and as long as she didn't try to kidnap him he could be polite. He was bigger now anyway, with any luck he couldn't get stolen but he could still get attacked, so he ensured he remained poised to run if he needed to and scream his head off for Valiant to save him. "I'm Adonis." he said and offered a small, polite smile in her direction.
Her next comment caught his attention. How did she know he had run away?! He thought no one knew but that was silly. His mother loved him and no doubt she had sent out a search party, perhaps that was how she knew... that or she was a witch. Oh no, no more of those thank you very much. The evil White Witch was more then he could contend with right now. "I erm." he began, trying to think of what to say in response. He wasn't a very good liar, he didn't like to tell lies which meant all he had left to fall back on was the truth. "I don't like my pack so I ran away... but I will have to go back today." he sighed with resignation and lowered his muzzle slightly. He really didn't want to go home.
Inactive No Rank
Guinevere
"Adonis, eh? An interesting name." She mused lightly, her eyes glinting in the dimming light. A thin layer of icy ivory had formed upon the fae's thick, dark pelt. She didn't mind it so much, it was a rather nice touch to her pelt, after all, in her own perspective. She twitched an aud as the young male, Adonis, replied. "So I was right? I was only really guessing, but I have my own experiences with running away. And your mother is right to be like that, strangers can be dangerous. But they can also be as harmless as a butterfly, or who knows what else? You never know unless you see. Ha, that's probably how I'm going to end up dead someday. Thinking a stranger was harmless, when it wasn't!" She said with a light laugh, sharply inhaling the crisp air as she did so.

"Ah, yes. Sometimes it's alright to get away from your family for a while, even if it's only for a half a day. But it's better to tell them, first. You're loved ones will worry about you if you go off on your own, without warning them. Sorry if I'm starting to drone on, I rarely see anyone around here." She said a bit wistfully, raising her maw to scent the air again. You can never be to cautious, although that phrase had never meant much to Guinevere. The dark fae watched the young lad for a moment, her dark jaws parting for a sigh. How lucky he was, to be surrounded by family and friends, to be able to hunt and work together with others.

The female flexed her stiff forelegs, groaning slightly. "Oh, I feel so old when my muscles get stiff from holding still! And I'm only four, too!" She said lightly, attempting to lighten the mood. She noticed Adonis had become slightly more relaxed in her presence, but he was still uneasy, ready to flee if something happened. Guinevere would admit, he was much smarter then her to do just that. She was much to comfortable around strangers, but she couldn't help it. That's who she was. The sky above had started to fade to a lovely violet hue, glittering lights beginning to light the sky. "Mm. Twilight is here already." She murmured quietly.
Inactive No Rank
Adonis Aquila
He felt a little more relaxed. She talked, a lot, which meant that he didn't have to. He didn't really like talking much, but he was a polite boy and he would always listen. He liked that she thought his name was interesting. He had always liked it and it was one of the only things that really linked him to his siblings... not that they had recognised the connection. "Thanks... my Mum is a healer. She named us all after different plants." he said with a little pride in his voice.

Her laugh was light and bubbly, a rare sound for his ears to hear for there wasn't much laughter in his life. His mother was always worried, though she tried her best to be upbeat. He didn't talk to his pack members and he kept his distance from his siblings just in case he let his secret slip. In fact, the last time he had ever really laughed was when he played with Ryvet.
He smiled politely as she carried on, listening and nodding in the right places. When she had finished he had to re-digest everything said- she did like to talk it seemed. Not that it was a bad thing, just something he wasn't used to. "I know. I should have told her... but she's really busy and I'm used to being on my own." he said with a shrug as if it was the most normal thing for a youngster his age to be left to fend for himself. It was never his mothers fault he was alone and he didn't blame her, but he had to have some sort of life outside of waiting around for her and well, his temper had brought him over the mountain and he hadn't really thought about how she would feel. If she was really worried, she could always follow his scent.

"And you're not old. You're lucky you're a grown up and don't have to follow all of the rules." he continued with his smooth, husky voice and his ears lowered in a sad way to his crown. "Do you have a pack?" he asked her.
Inactive No Rank
Guinevere
"Mmm. I was named after my Grandmother." She shrugged, couthie, eyes warm and laughing, gleaming brightly. She shuddered slightly, raising her maw a bit, receptors poised. "Thank's for that, Adonis. I like to think I'm not old," She replied laughingly, flicking her tassle warmly as she cool flakes of white fluttered down on the breeze, landing on her dark nape. A sudden gust of cold air brushed past her, nipping at her dark nose, and she sneezed. She chuckled, blushing slightly, before returning her azure gaze to Adonis. "Whoops! Anyways, no, I don't have a pack. I would like to join one though," She said longingly, shaking her dark derma of the spiraling flecks of ivory.

Guin wasn't a quiet wolf, she was incredibly social, without a doubt. Packlife would suit her much better then the life of a loner, in her own opinion. Besides, Guinevere felt more comfortable in large crowds then most wolves.

OOC: Sorry it's short, I'm lacking muse right now. I shouldn't be though, as I'm listening to Lights as I write this <3
Inactive No Rank
Adonis Aquila
Hope you find that muse again soon! <3

carry on, oh, little lonely prince
Adonis Aquila
He listened, polite as ever. She was very animated, or maybe he was just a bit of an old stiff. He often very far too old for his bones, his childhood hadn't been much about being a child. Instead it was mostly about hiding away, having little to eat and walking. Lots of walking over all sorts of terrains, especially mountains. He supposed they were more of a home to him now then the forests were but he didn't care where he lived... so long as it was far away from the white witch. "Don't join my pack. It sucks." he mumbled, more to himself then her because really he didn't feel right talking mean things about the pack- even if they were true in his head. "What sort of pack are you looking for?" he asked her, trying to change the subject though he wasn't very up to date with who lived here. In fact, the only packs he knew of in the area was his own dumb pack and the one Ryvet lived in... which actually wasn't that far away.

The thought of the white boy made him smile slightly. He remembered the fun they had like it was yesterday for it was one of the few good memories he had in his life. He had laughed and tumbled, pinned the boy and made him laugh. It had felt good to feel his age for once and he missed him. He missed having someone to play with. Perhaps once he was done here, he could go back to where they had first met- maybe he would find him again.

Clearing the thoughts from his head, he looked back to the excited lady and smiled. "The other one I know of is away from the mountains. I can give you directions if you like?" he said.
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2013, 08:31 PM by Adonis.)