(See All?) Announcements
677 Users Online
Google, Bing, Finley, Mouseling

Bonded Souls — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Not much time had passed by since the whole family reunion with everyone and her admittance to what was going on. She felt terrible about it, considering that Elettra had known about everything way sooner than anyone else in the meeting had…even Sloane. She had been glad that Koda had accepted what was going on…but the pull and tug for him to be leading by her side did not cease. She still wanted him near her dearly…and she didn’t know what she was going to do when spring came. She shook off all of the thoughts that were raging in her head though as she padded next to Tempest. The fact that Sloane had a brother and a sister had shocked her, though she had not been too surprised. She was glad to see that the Thorben male had a past…one that she barely knew about and never pried about.

She was currently walking silently, towards the place where she never thought she would go again…to the place where her brother had let her bleed out…and Koda had come to save her, along with Chantille, a healer from Poison Path. Her thick tail wagged behind her though, not dwelling on the past, now that the present was being much kinder then her. Everything seemed to be falling into perfect place. She decided then to speak to Tempest, "It has been great meeting you, Tempest. It is very good to know th-" her sentence was caught of in mid statement as a sharp noise vibrated in Nina’s ear. It twitched immediately and her head was instantly snapped towards the mountains, her one emerald eye fogging up. Her heartbeat started to beat ferociously and she would have run into the mountains, if it weren’t for the fact that she was terrified of them.

Her ears flattened on her head, worry deep within her vibrant eye. Something bad had happened…something extremely bad, and at the moment, she couldn’t seem to figure out what it was. She wasn’t even paying attention to her body position…which was now still and erect as if there were danger nearby. The snow covered ground was not a bother, and her tail was soon lashing behind her, confusion in her mind. She knew in her mind and soul that something was wrong…and immediately after the thought hit her, only one name came into mind….Koda.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Jen who has 71 posts.
Inactive VII. Subordinate
Tempest Thorben

Tempest was enjoying her walk with Nina. They really hadn't gotten the chance to get to know one another yet, but at least all of the craziness seemed to be working itself out. It was important that she get to know the smaller fae for she was the mate of her own current pack leader and Sloane would be leading with her in her pack for the time being. Her head had swam when she finally put the pieces of pack drama together.

She and Guiness had finally reunited with Sloane. Her new leaders, Koda and Elettra, were not actually mates, Koda and Nina were. Yet Sloane was to lead with the golden fae. She now knew that Sloane intended for young Narime' to become his mate in the spring. Keen as it was, her mind spun with all of the facts to keep straight. But as the dust settled, she knew that Nina would be a vital force in her life. She also knew that it would be no hardship to become close to the healer.

As Nina began to speak, Tempest turned to her with interest in her eyes. She had longed for companionship other than her nearly silent brother for so long that she was hungry for actual conversation. Suddenly, the other fae went stiff and got a faraway look in her single eye, gazing off to the east. Her whole body was tense and alert as if danger were immanent. Her ears flattened and she looked almost fearful. Tempest's own heart rate sped up at the strange behavior and she asked, "Nina? Nina? Is everything all right? What is it?" A small feeling of dread filled Tempest and a whine escaped her throat as she anxiously awaited a response, any response, from her new friend.
(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2013, 02:27 AM by Tempest.)
The Calm in the Storm
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Her heartbeat seemed to speed up, while everything around her slowed down. The other Thorben’s words were coming to her in little graphic pieces. A small stridulous sound escaped her mouth and it was hard to keep the small whine from coming out of her. She didn’t know what was going on, it her head felt like it was going to implode on her. She cleared her head, confused as to what was going on, until her one good eye turned to the two golden amber ones, that reminded her so much of Sloane. She swallowed…she didn’t want Tempest to think she was going insane, but somehow she needed to explain the connection she had with Koda…but she was unsure of how she could do so without sounding crazy.

With a small sigh, she started speaking to the other female, her nerves now killing her own heart and brain. "I believe something bad has happened to Koda…I don‘t know how to explain it, I just…I just know," she quietly explained, empathizing the last word. Her head turned back towards the mountains, pain obviously in her one good eye. She was too scared to go into the mountains…even though the mountains was where she had spend her terrible pup hood, it was the exact reason she didn’t want to return. This reason should have been the most important to get over her fear…but she couldn’t get over it…not yet.

Tempest Thorben

Tempest watched with growing concern as a myriad of emotions played over her new friend's face. The other female seemed almost to have shrunk in on herself with some unspoken fear. After long, tense moments, Nina finally said in a broken voice, "I believe something bad has happened to Koda…I don‘t know how to explain it, I just…I just know," The way that she emphasized the last word sent shivers up and down the large wolf's spine. She took a step closer to Nina and followed her gaze once more. There seemed to be layers of fear upon her face. She was obviously terrified for Koda, but it seemed that there was more to her fear than that.

"I...I believe you, Nina." Tempest was a firm believer in instinct and following your gut. Nina and Koda had a very special bond. It had already stood the tests of time and separation. She had no doubt about the words Nina uttered and the strain the smaller wolf was experiencing mentally was apparent in the faraway look in her eye and the quaver of her voice. Suddenly, she knew what they had to do and before she gave it further thought she asked, "Do we need to go to him?" If Nina chose to follow her heart, Tempest would stand by her. She wasn't her pack mate, but she was her friend and Sloane's best friend and partner. Nina deserved her complete support and she would certainly get it.

(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2013, 02:30 AM by Tempest.)
The Calm in the Storm
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

When Tempest’s voice entered her head, she turned nodding her head towards her, though her blood running cold with the suggestion. How could she explain why she couldn’t go into the mountains because of her own fear? It would sound selfish if she would not have done so because of the things she had to attend to in the pack. The mountains were a dangerous place, mainly during the winter, Nina didn’t want to take any chances…along with the fact that she didn’t want to go into the mountains because of her own fear. It might have seemed ludicrous, and in a way it was. She wouldn’t step into the mountains because of her own fear, Koda knew that…if he were still alright.

She nervously swallowed before shaking her head, “I c-can’t go into th-the mountains.. D-dan-dangerous.” It was the first time she had stuttered since after her brother’s attack. And it wasn’t even a wolf she was fearing, it was the mountains themselves. It had been where she had grown up (not these specific mountains) and she didn’t want to relive any of it. Her father had been a cruel fellow, and Nina desperately wished that her mother was alright, knowing she could never return. If she did so, there would always be the fear of being maimed and killed hanging over her shoulders. Relic Lore would be the safest place for her right now, especially with her brother as a witness to her change in surname and other things along the lines of such. Everything would be okay…hopefully.

Tempest Thorben

Tempest wasn't sure what to do. Nina somehow instinctively knew that there was something wrong with Koda. The logical thing to do as his mate and as a healer was to go to him, but her obvious terror of the mountains had the smaller female practically paralyzed. She was trembling and stuttering with whatever demons were in her mind. Tempest was really not sure what to do or how to help her friend.

She looked at Nina, with concern and compassion in her eyes. She must truly be torn, to be so afraid and yet know that her mate was hurt. Not knowing what else to do, she brought her large frame closer to the golden brown fae, offering her presence at the least, to remind her that she was here now and not wherever her dark memories had taken her. Then she gave her a gentle nudge, much as her brother had done many times before and asked, "How can I help, Nina?" She could offer her a shoulder of support, at the very least.

The Calm in the Storm
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
She was obviously scared, the situation in front of her not appealing to her senses at all. Her instincts were telling her to get as far away from the mountain ranges as possible, the pull for the safety of another, still not strong enough to have her legs budge a muscle towards the looming mountains overhead. She swallowed nervously, all she could do was stare, hoping, and praying to the Gods, hoping they would answer her plea for them to spare her family and loved ones. To ensure that she didn’t have a panic attack, she continued to breath, letting her lungs let the cold air flow into her lungs. Her good eye, then snapped back to the looming form of the Thorben beside her. She could trust Tempest, couldn’t she…? She was Sloane’s sibling.

Though the trust had not yet formed strong enough between the two females. It was there but it wasn’t as strong. Not as strong as the connection between her and Koda…or her and Sloane. Koda, her mate, and Sloane, her best friend, she couldn’t have chosen any better if she were someone else. When the large russet female’s voice touched her ears they flickered. As much as she wanted to know that her mate was okay, the instinctual urge to stay away drove over her entire body and it pained her. She wasn’t even sure which way would have ended up worse. And so she simply looked over at Tempest, her eye showing the deepest of pain and her words carrying high sorrow, “I think I need to be taken back to Sloane.” And she was broken.
Tempest Thorben

The push and pull on the smaller fae concerned Tempest. There was some unspoken terror of the mountains that appeared to be deep seated and overwhelming. Then there was the love and distress that she felt for her mate, injured or in some unknown danger. It seemed as if the green eyed fae would be torn in two with the warring between her instincts and her heart.

Tempest hadn't know Nina long, but she liked her a lot and she was Sloane's best friend and soon to be partner. She felt responsible for her and would help however she could, but she was honestly at a loss as to how. When Nina finally spoke, she sounded beyond defeated. “I think I need to be taken back to Sloane.” If that was the best way to help her new friend right now, then that was what she would do. Giving her another nudge and a sympathetic look, Tempest said simply. "Then, I will take you to him."

In her current state of shock and turmoil, Tempest didn't think that Nina would be able to think rationally, at least until the shock wore off, so she could only be glad that she was at least here when the realization had come upon Nina. There was no telling what she would have done, had she been so dazed and vulnerable on her own. She turned back the way that they had come and in short order, she led Nina, who seemed nearly catatonic at times, back to the security and comfort of her over-sized brother.

The Calm in the Storm
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She wasn’t completely sure what was going on. Her mind was elsewhere, in a different place. She was there, certainly, but her mind seemed to be set in another. She didn’t even comprehend her moving as Tempest nudged her along. She felt like her whole body was in a completely different place…she was numb. Her vision wasn’t right either, even though she only had one eye, everything blurred, the only sense of direction she would physically have would be the large Thorben girl leading the soon to be leader back to her best friend, which was exactly whom she needed right now in time. Surely he would understand her fear of the mountains, to a small extent. Her ears flattened on her head as she continued on.

It felt like days had passed already and yet, it had only merrily been a few minutes. Her own head was down, scooping low to the ground and staring at nothing. She wasn’t even sure of what she was doing, not even conscious of it, for surely, if she would have been, the Reinier would have been much stronger, not letting a simple thing such as what she was doing happen right now. Her tail plopped against the ground noisily, alerting all the creatures in the area that there was a wild predator about. All Nina wanted right now was to curl into Sloane’s shoulder and talk about what was going on. She hadn’t felt so low since after her injuries had taken hold of her. Something had to be done.

Tempest Thorben
(PPing Sloane a bit for simplicity's sake)

Tempest was saddened to see her new friend so utterly defeated. The bond that she shared with her mate was strong. So strong that she knew, just knew, that there was something terribly wrong with him. The only bonds of love that she'd ever experienced were those of family. Pondering for a moment, she felt sure that her bond with Guiness might be that strong. He was her brother, not her mate, but they were far closer than most siblings. She knew that if anything happened the her Rock, her own world would come crashing down.

It didn't take them too long to get back to where they had left Sloane. Nina needed him. Tempest supposed that her younger brother might be Nina's own Rock right now and she could understand that. Had they had more time to become closer, the smaller wolf might have been able to lean on her, but she understood the green eyed woman's need for her devoted friend and was just happy that she could bring her back to him. The next best thing to bringing her to her mate, she supposed. When her tall brother came into view, she glanced at Nina and then caught his eye with her own matching amber ones and simply said."Something's happened to Koda."

She watched her brothers questioning look go to one of extreme concern as he took in his best friends broken look and heard her own words. In an instant, he was there besides Nina, curling his head over hers and just comforting her with his nearness. Tempest was proud to see her baby brother's compassion, but her heart broke for Nina. Quietly, she faded away, leaving Sloane to comfort Nina as best he could. She had to find out what had happened to Koda. For her pack and for her friend. She said nothing of her intentions in case Elettra forbade it. She no longer had complete freedom over her time, but surely her new leadess would allow her to go. If she even believed her...

(You can post or archive...)
(This post was last modified: Feb 04, 2013, 02:39 PM by Tempest.)
The Calm in the Storm