(See All?) Announcements
653 Users Online
Google, Hazelnut, Bing

Swollen Waters — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Note: This is set well after Nari gets out of the caverns.
Random Event - The rivers and creeks have flooded due t recent rains

January 13th, 201335 Degree's F. Calm Misty Rain

Narimé trotted ever so urgently towards her favorite place in Lore. The Lagoon was where everything really started for her. Though the landscape looked far different than her memory of the place during summer. The last few days had proved to be warmer, bringing cold rain onto the forest as the warm front slipped over the land. Along with the rain and the melting snow many rivers and watery area's of her home were overflowing and flooding their banks.

As the silver she wolf crested the rise ghosting through the willows she noted the shine of water ahead of her. Pausing and viewing the land she realized that the water had come from the Lagoon. It was stretching its tendrils of cold water out onto the heavily soaked land. Every once in a while as the wolf stood there watching the shallow waters surface she could see something making ripples in the still outer perimeter of the lagoon. Padding through the lake over what used to be dry land Nari trotted ankle deep towards the finicky ripples.

When she got close enough the she olf realized that it was fish that were making the ripples. "But why is it in such shallow water?" She chuckled a little at the slimy creatures situation then tried sneaking closer to it. If there was one like this then maybe others were stuck the same way? She could get a good feed from them, plus bring some back to the packs caches.

Darting forward in one fluid motion the silver she wolf snapped her jaws but came up empty with her face soaked in water. "Yeah I forgot....Catching fish is hard.." She watched the ripples and splashes of the fish's tail moving away darting around towards her right.

A good ten minutes later and the silver hunter finally had her prey. Though being half soaked in water from her belly down made her feel the chill in the air all the more quickly. Taking he fish, a brown trout, to the edge of the water she manuvered it around with her paws and bit down hard on its head ending the constant flailing. Then she left it on the bank and headed back out into the water to see if she could get a few more.

(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2013, 01:53 AM by Narimé.)

Played by Namara who has 29 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Damayanti Abhilasha
Before meeting Tenzin and after meeting Ash. After meeting Maplethrope

Damayanti had been home free with meeting wolves since her encounter with that one male in the Secluded Spring. She'd been looking for more information so she could make her judgment and attempt to join the pack of her choice. Right now, she'd nary met a pack. Only one, Poison Path, strong and loyal as the guardian who she'd run into as he patrolled the borders. This was one thing she enjoyed. That was wandering, though the harsh winter months always left her near death. On death and dying. She'd come to far to die from a winter. She'd survived three winters before this and she could survive the winters to come. Pack or no pack, she wasn't weak. She hadn't hunted in a while, it would interfere with her search. But alas hunger always shown through.

She lifted her nose to scent, fish came into her mind from the scents. Her tongue parched of all liquids that she had once, but did not have at the moment. Another scent caught her attention. Wolf, a wolf is here. She ran in the direction of both smells, out of a dense thicket of a forest and nearly into Narime. "My apologize." She said as she walked over a little aways. About 2 lengths from her. She lapped up a fair amount of water, not necessarily the ideal place for water, but it was better then nothing. She had no other interaction with the wolf, she had to keep her thoughts organized. Into prioritized order. Pack, food, water.

(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2013, 03:28 AM by Damayanti.)
All Tangled In the Roots of my past
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Jumping around following the ripling trail of a fish the young woman wasn't looking or scenting for danger around her. She was too busy catching a meal forher pack. However her silver head swung around when the sounds of pawsteps came from her right. A stranger wolf appeared out of the thicket almost bounding right into the young hunter. Pausing in her hunt Nari backed up a few paces watching the wolf cautiously but also curiously. When the newcomer apologized Narimé nodded her head once and gave the woman a small smile, drops of water falling from her muzzle.

"It's okay." She looked over the loner noting that she had no pack scent. The newcomer was otherwise healthy and so far she seemed tohave a nice enough personality.

"My name is Narimé Lagina. I'm a wolf from Willow Ridge pack. What's your name?." She asked while stepping towards her fish still on the bank. Watching the wolf drink Nari wondered if the woman was alone because she was looking for someone. Many wolves that Narimé had met were loners looking for family, friends, or some wolf that wronged them. Perhaps this wolf too had a reason for being alone.

"I wonder if she'll look for a pack.." She thought quietly. Maybe Elettra could take a look at her. She'll need more hunters and such when she has pups in the Spring. Though Nari wasn't sure who her leadess would have pups with.

Inactive No Rank
Damayanti Abhilasha

Damay glanced to the side from her drink as the wolf talked. Her eyes looked curious as her tongue withdrew from the gentle water. "Nice to met you Narime. I'm Damayanti." She said kindly, the was only furious and angry with those who were not as kind as the fae in front of her. She sipped up a bit more water before sitting down near the fae and looking at her. "I haven't a pack, heading to the mountains. I hear there are packs up there. I love the mountains. Fierce and strong." She said, she scented around for prey. she needed to eat. Perhaps a hunt? "Can you hunt? Perhaps would you like to hunt with me. There might be a deer around here." She said, she needed food and that was that.

Damayanti, you need to change your priorities. It should be Water. Food. Pack. No, it has to be Pack. Food. Water. It has to be that way, if it isn't, what more do I have to lose? My mum and da are already dead, my siblings. Dead, I need a family, I need a pack to guide me through these troubled times. A pack I can serve with pride and vigilance. She thought to herself, her eyes narrowed in concentration at the ground. Her tail curled beside where she sat. Right up against her side. Her ears perked and her nose scented around for prey. She felt her stomach rumble slightly like soft lightning, not as fierce as to make noises, she was in a distant land. Narime seemed to know this place well. Would this fae help Damayanti to get food into her system. Or would she turn her back on her like everyone else did?

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Nari listened quietly once more. The lone wolf spoke of looking around the mountains for a pack. The young hunter couldn't agree with her there. She didn't like going into the mountains unless it was for a good reason. Or if she was visiting her friends there. Nari would not take the chance of being injured because she was climbing all over the stones and boulders up there.

Then the woman spoke of hunting. Sighing a bit Narimé stepped out of the water and nudged the fish in the strangers direction.

"How about I give you a fish for your name stranger...and as long as I can take some food back to my pack I will be more than happy to help you hunt for something. " She smiled gesturing to the female to take the fish and eat it. The lone wolf would have more energy after a small meal and that might very well help them to catch something later.

Waiting for the female to finish her little meal Narimé's thoughts immediately turned to formulating a plan. Glancing over at the she wolf Nari noted her body. She was a healthy mid sized wolf with longer limbs and a thinner frame. Much like herself. The silver wolf could guess that the female was more of a stamina speed type whereas she had stamina and strength. Their positions on a chase would be closely related. Unlike Nari the loner was best placed where she could race forward doing the first attack to a deer then running with it trying to slow it down. Nari on the other hand was best placed where she helped to run down prey and help to injure i along the way. Since it was only the two females they would have to work harder to run it down, But it's not impossible...We just don't have a real strength type to deliver a final blow. She thought quietly while sitting down and waiting.

So it would be best to send her out first and switch out when she gets tired chasing. Then I'll do the same and so on until we get enough damage or until it gets tired. Nodding to herself Nari wondered if this wolf was going to try and take command or if she was going to let Narimé take the lead. Even if she wants to lead I really need to start practicing that. Leading hunts helps a lot I think.. Though the young hunter was unsure if she could physically try to challenege a wolf for leading a hunt. To her it sounded liek a senseless fight. Naw.. I'll just accept if she allows me to lead. If not and she wants to lead then this is nothing to get into a fight over. I should pactice by rounding up a pack hunt back home maybe later.. Shaking off the unnecessary thought Nari spoke up.

"You ready yet ma'am? " She tilted her head questioningly watching the stranger with blue eyes.

Inactive No Rank
Damayanti Abhilasha

Damayanti looked at her in a confusing manner, hadn't she already stated her name? Oh well, food was food. She took the fish and offered her name again. "As I stated earlier, I am Damayanti. Damayanti Abhilasha." She stated, she was ready to hunt. She took her fish in huge gulps, a grateful look on her face as she finished it. "You ready yet ma'am?" Asked the wolf. Narime was it? Yes, that's right, it was. She nodded and scented the prey with a hunger for it. "I'm more then sure that you'll take as much as you need to your pack." She said, she watched and waited. Patience is key... She wasn't antipathetic to giving food to a pack that her hunting partner was in.

The deer was a young buck, the antlers were going to be an issue, but it wasn't anything they couldn't handle. She peered at it from behind a bramble bush like layout. She let her eyes fall on the slightest limp, the buck must have been in a fight. She looked to Narime. "I'll give the signal. I'll distract it and get it's let. You finish it. It has a slight limp." She whispered to the young huntress. She watched carefully, he was eating something, she couldn't quite see what. She looked at Nari in a nervousness and she gave the signal. She charged. The deer was a bit startled and this gave her the advantage. As it began to ran she pursued at her top speed. She felt like an eagle soaring across the ground, her footsteps making loud thuds in the ground. Thud, thud, thud...

She was slowly catching up, they were heading closer and closer to the lagoon that was swelling on it's banks and this worried her. But eventually in a desperate leap, she caught hold of the foot, barely enough, but it was enough. She sunk her teeth in, the deer falling to try and kick her off.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Totally did not see her name in the other post! XD sorry!

Nodding her head and allowing the other she wolf to lead Narimé padded along behind. Silently the two wolves traveled farther from the water until only forest surrounded them. The two she wolves coats contrasting between the stark landscape. One a silver hue and the other golden; they searched for a meal. Damayanti spotted the deer first, though Nari had caught its scent just a short time before the lone fae had motioned her to the creature.

Setting her bluish gaze upon the buck Narimé rated it in her head. The creature was still busy grazing as the wolves looked it over and plotted the attack. Nodding as Damayanti spoke of a plan she noted the animal's slight limp. It wasn't a flesh wound but at least the buck should be easier to take out in its weakened state. They might not even have to run far to take care of it.

Confident in her ability to end the deer's life Nari gave Damayanti a sharp nod silently saying "ready" as she waited. Then the loner gave her signal and the two wolves sped off. Watching her partner head off the startled deer Narimé ran along trying to get to the front right side of the buck. There she helped to slow it down with a few nips and barks. However it wasn't long until Damayanti made her go at the prancing buck. A lucky grab, and the deer fell forwards with its leg caught between Damayanti's vice-like grip.

It was her opportunity. Jumping forward the silvery hunter evaded a flailing hoof then planted her sharp daggers into the soft white throat of the animal. Blood lust took Nari and with a dangerous glint in her eyes she yanked her head back and forth further tearing at the bucks soft arteries. Its warm metallic smelling blood covered her otherwise white muzzle and a grin spread on her lips as she held on to the dying animal. It's kicks slowed quickly as the two she wolves held on to the deer. It's life terminating as Nari inhaled the intoxicating scent of iron filled blood.

Very soon they would be able to feast on the easy meal. Narimé just wished that ever hunt went this way. If it did her packs caches would be filled regularly.

"MmmmMMMmm So good.."

(This post was last modified: Jan 28, 2013, 09:35 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive No Rank
Damayanti Abhilasha
(Completely fine)

Damay felt the soft trickle of blood from her grip on the buck's injured leg fall into her mouth making it water. Her icy blue eyes having the craving for more as Narime leapt up on the buck and tore at the artery. It died preciously as it lost too much blood and Narime finished it off. A grin on her face as she let the leg go. The blood on her muzzle disappearing slowly as she gently licked it with her dull pink colored tongue. "Would you like the first bite? You did kill it." She asked, she wasn't quite sure how things worked out here, but back at her home, the one who killed the deer took the first bites and got they're prey first.

Dama was ready to plotz from exhaustion, but she could rest after her meal. She'd promised the huntress that she could take a majority of it back to her pack for the caches and she respected the wolf and her pride in being a hunter. They were alike in some ways. Though Dama considered herself more withdrawn and silent a majority of the time. Not to mention Dama was older and smaller then the wolf. But other then that, all was good. After all , she was alive, soon to be fully fed and still hunting about for a pack. She had her thoughts on that mountain pack, but wondered if there was a pack higher up then the one she ran into.

Dama let her tail wag the slightest bit and her tail flick back and forth, hearing the wind whistle around her uniform and slender body. Her icy blue eyes bright with happiness. It was like this wolf had an aura to her. It was a good aura of course, but an aura none the less. She just wanted to sink her teeth into that deer.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Nodding at the womans respectful gesture Narimé stepped forward angling herself next to the bucks still warm shoulders. Then she dipped her head and began to tear into the deer with her sharp daggers. Flicking her ears forward she gestured to Dayanti to join her. There was plenty here for both the wolves. In fact there would likely be enough there to feed Damayanti for a number of days after the silver she wolf took her share.

This is good..

Delving deeper into the chest of the warm deer carcass Nari sought out her favorite part. It wasn't long until she was gnawing on the bucks heart savoring the taste and feel of it. Narimé had not had fresh deer meat in a while. That being so, the young woman would take the opportunity to gorge herself so that she would not have to eat from her packs caches for a few days at most. More food for her family instead of herself. Family always comes first. Someone who is going to be a leader has to look after others before themselves...

Time passed by until Nari's stomach was achingly full. Padding away from the meal the gray wolf sat down and began cleaning herself. With most of the blood being on her face it took Narimé quite some time until her muzzle and cheeks were somewhat gray again.

Narimé didn't want to speak to the she wolf while she was eating so she kept herself quiet until Damayanti finished.

"If you are heading up to the mountains then look for the pack located near the lost lake. Ask for Tlarx, he's the alpha of Poison Path Pack who live up there. He's a kind and patient wolf." She smiled looking over to the rusty female.

Yes I am aware that Tlarx is no longer over there, but Nari doesn't know that.

Inactive No Rank
Damayanti Abhilasha

Damay had a kind smile to her, something rarely seen in the warrior, but this female was just so nice and kind. It made her smile. When she mentioned Poison Path and a man named Tlarx, she thought of Ash and how he had been a vigilant guard, always making sure that a loner never strayed too far. ”I met a man from Poison Path in my earlier ventures up there. He too was of Poison Path, named Ash I think. I cannot remember quite clearly. He seemed very nice and respectful.” She told her in a matter of fact tone. She went to take her part of the deer, settling for the juicy muscles in the thigh of the back right leg.

Damay’s ears perked up, as if listening for others that might smell the meal and come searching. Her tail swayed from side to side as she listened and looked up from her leg, she shook off the feeling she had that she was being watched and she went back to her part of the deer. A shiver went up her spine as the delicious meat and blood from the deer hit her pallet and taste buds. She grinned as she finished stuffing her stomach. ”Thank you very much for the meal, need help getting it back to your pack? I would be more than willing to help.” She barked, offering what she could to help Narime.

The crisp air curved around her body form, her eyes focused looking around. Perhaps a vole to take for the go, to replace at least part of the food she’d taken off the deer that was going back to the pack that Narime belonged to. But on the cold winter day, there was not one vole. Made sense, even she was a bit stubborn about the snow touching her paws.