606 Users Online
Google, Bing

Dry Shoes — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
November 12th Early Morning / Foggy

Early morning revealed a fog that rose steadily off of the moist ground. It hung thickly in the cooler air only feet off the earth like a blanket of mist. The sunlight lit only the top half of the fog. The bottom half hung darkly creating low visability. It was just cold enough to make the mist almost be like tiny little sparkles of snow floating in the air. Hovering between thirty-one and thirty-three degrees the chill in the air caused billowing mist to flow out from the breaths of a wolf as it padded through the fog.

A gray figure matching the sparkling mists almost perfectly dipped and dashed through the fog. The wolfs movements cause the fog to swirl after her while she calmly padded forward head low to the ground. Wet black nose twitching, Narimé dodged willow after willow moving stealthily past their trunks and over the barren tree's long shallow roots. Having been there many times before the young woman knew her way to the Lagoon, however in this fog even she would be cautious. It wouldn't help her if she accidentally tripped into the water in the cold weather. If anything she might get sick and have to bother Elettra for treatment.

Rounding a short ridge the silver she wolf trotted forward silently. A thoughtful look spread on her face as she traveled. Narimé had been asked by Sloane to come here, and the young hunter was very curious as to what her russet protector wanted to speak about. After a night of being confused with his and Nina's actions during the coincidental meeting yesterday, Narimé wanted to know what they were planning. She knew they were acting strange and Nari did not like being left out of the loop. If something bad was happening or maybe something exciting even she wanted to know about it. Though the young she wolf knew that she couldn't just up and ask them about it. It was good to be patient when looking for information. Perhaps meeting with Sloane today might help her to understand what the two wolves were up to.

Hearing the tiny trickling sound of water Nari slowed as she finally found herself at the edge of the Lagoon. It was a little higher than normal, most likely because of the slightly warmer temperatures. However it was far from rising over its banks. Nari wondered for a second how much water i would take for the Lagoon to flood.

Padding along the water's edge Narimé searched for that boulder that she had fallen off of so long ago. She had slipped off of it into the water getting herself fully drenched. This time she wasn't going to fall in, however she did want to sit on that boulder again. It took her a minute of following the frosted Lagoon's edge to find her boulder and when she did the silver wolf lightly jumped onto the cold stone. Sitting squarely in the middle of the oval-like boulder the young female closed her eyes and sighed. It might be hard for Sloane to find her in this mist at least by sight anyway.

Letting out a low call for the male she let the howl echo across the water turning her head to the side as she did so. With her head turned slightly the sound would carry farther across the land to her right. Once finished the she wolf simply sat waiting like a gray statue blending into the mist that swirled around her. Sloane would come.

He always did...

(This post was last modified: Jan 15, 2013, 03:28 AM by Narimé.)

Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane was awake. He'd been awake all night, nothing but a mass of nerves since the impromptu gathering had dispersed. His silver angel had told him then that she would be at the Lagoon in the morning, so he'd headed here straight away and spent the rest of the day and half of the night pacing erratically. His mind and his nerves gave him no peace, for the matters he and she needed to discuss were of such vital importance to him that he alternated between calm confidence and a heart-racing mass of jitters.

Would she want him? She was so young and could have any wolf in the Lore. He knew that she cared for him and trusted him, but could she love him? Would she be his queen? She already held his heart in her slender paw... The russet male rose once more to make yet another circuit of the large body of water as the hint of dawn broke the blackness. He was nearly back to the boulder where they had first met... he'd calmed her when she'd fallen into the Lagoon. From the first moment he'd looked into her beautiful lavender tinted blue eyes, he'd been lost. Leaving her behind had been the hardest thing that he'd ever had to do. Now, he was back and she'd soon join the adult ranks and he would have to wait no more...If she'd have him.

It was with that thought that a soft voice beckoned to him and shivers traveled up his spine in anticipation of seeing her, without anyone interrupting them this time! Unerringly, he followed her voice back to the boulder. It took him a moment to locate her perched atop the grey rock in the morning mist, but as soon as his amber gaze landed on her feminine form, a soft whine of excitement escaped his creamy muzzle. In short order, he softly leaped up next to her and without any words, lowered his ruddy head and buried his nose in the silky silver fur of her neck.

Only with her did he feel complete and he reveled in her very presence for long moments, before finally speaking. "Dearest Blue-Eyes, I'm so happy that you're here!" There was so much to say, but he didn't want to overwhelm her, so he just let himself feel the emotions that only she could awaken in him wash over him like a warm breeze, despite the cold air.

Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Her patient eyes glued on the mists in front of her Narimé caught sight of a shape appearing in the fog. Her nose twitched scenting her...love? As he padded quickly to her and joined the she wolf on the now tiny boulder. Chuckling at his excitement shehoped he wouldn't accidentally push her off into the cold water. The feel of his muzzle upon her neck sent a shockwave of heat down her spine. Narimé had been ready for a slight feeling like the one she'd had last time he had touched her like so. However this intense feeling surprised her and made the young woman teeter on the rock between falling into the water or falling into Soane.

Tensing herself the silver wolf tried to regain her previous calmness so that she didn't knock him into the water. That once calm heartbeat the girl had was replaced by a banging in her chest as she slowly settled herself next to Sloane's warm body. Raising her head she snuggled into his next fur and felt the to of her head softly bump his chin. She might have gotten her body under control but her tail seeminly began wagging furiously on its own. Thunking on the boulder and the russet males body it easily showed her happiness at being by the Thorben's side again.

"It's only been one night Sloane." She teased themale gently with a warm smile then pulled her head back to lick his cheek. "But I'm glad to see you so soon again too..." She closed her eyes and growled low in content. Happy just to be there with him the she wolf forgot most of her worries and finally had a chance to be truly relaxed. Her tail began to slow wagging in a slow comfortable rhythm.

"So what was it that you needed to talk to me about? You sounded a little urgent before..." Blue eyes caught his amber ones with a questioning look before she closed them again and began softly and shyly grooming his large chest.

(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2013, 11:09 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane was overwhelmed with emotion as he drew her scent in. She seemed a bit unsure of her balance when he joined her atop the boulder and he shifted his muzzle to her shoulder to try and help her regain her balance. After a moment she settled in next to him, her tail thumping both the boulder and him. He couldn't help but grin at the obvious show of joy and it bolstered his confidence immensely. When she teased him lightly, he felt heat creep up his neck, but he smiled broadly at her words. Then she licked his cheek and the warmth only grew, this time from intense emotion rather than mere embarrassment.

For long moments the pair simply sat together, enjoying each others company and he even heard a soft growl of contentment from his lady love. The sound made his heart race inside his chest and he purred out his own low rumble of pleasure. Be it fortunate or unfortunate, she finally asked what he wanted to talk about. He wanted so badly to ask her what was on his mind and in his heart, but he was also afraid of her answer. He didn't want to frighten her away. When she started to gently groom his chest, his racing heart proceeded to do cartwheels as well.

It did give him the bolster of confidence to finally get the words out... if he could get his voice to work. He pulled away from her slightly and dipped his head a bit, trying to give his thoughts and desires voice. Then his golden amber gaze met her curious blue eyes with a look of near desperation before he finally began to explain himself. "Narime', my beautiful Blue-Eyes. I have felt completed since the first day that we met. You... you've brought me a joy that I wasn't sure that I'd ever find. You make me feel... so much!' He paused, but only for a moment, since he needed to bare his soul to this beautiful fae.

Now, his voice faltered slightly, for there was no turning back from here. "I... I know that you are young and that's why I've tried to st-stay away. But, my dearest Narime', ... I love you. I love you with all of my heart!' Now his voice failed him and he found himself holding his breath, waiting for her reaction to his declaration. His eyes searched hers, looking for the answer that was secreted away in her young heart.

Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Maybe.. She accidentlal pushes him into the Lagoon? Good idea maybe? XD
If not just tell me I'll edit this.

The silver wolf enjoyed his warmth for a time, her tail beginning to wag quickly again when she felt him humm along in low tones as well. However she wouldn't give up her questioning look. Still waiting for his answer Narimé continued to use her wide puppy wolf eye's to win him over. Until he looked down with a desperate look on his face. Then she relented wondering why he was so...wary? Did he want to tell her something or not? She was about to ask him this when she noticed Sloane open his maw and speak.

"What was that? He felt completed? With me?" Her heart continued to hammer as Sloane spoke becomming increasingly nervous as he gave in to his hearts desires. "I make him feel so much? Maybe.. Like when I think of him. I always feel... full, and not fed full but my heart's full. Is that what he means?" She wore a surprised grin on her face behind a mask of blush. He did feel that way for her.

The rest of his stammering words caught her off guard. Was he really that scared of telling her this? "Does he think I'm not going to be happy hearing this? He.. Sloane.. such a dumby.." Her tale stopped wagging. It wasn't because the young woman wasn't happy, but because she was throwing away all that worry she'd carried previously to this meeting. Worry about whether the male loved her like she loved him. Worry about what love was, no she was sure this was love now. Worry about her pack and how they would take it. Everything was cast into the wind right there as she closed her eyes and breathed in a sigh of relief. Then a few seconds later her heart caught up with his words.

"I love you more..." She smiled softy and touched her nose to his.

Bouncing around the boulder the she wolf couldn't contain her joy anymore. She began licking him all over his face whether he liked it or not. Then for the first time in a long time the silver wolf began laughing. Tail wagging at a hundred miles a minute Narimé pressed herself as close to Sloane as possible. Stretching her legs to meet his amber gaze Nari tried to lick the top of his head as well as the sides and bottom. She felt like her heart was about to burst.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
The moments seemed to stretch an eternity as he waited with bated breath for her reaction. When it finally came, he almost felt as if it was too good to be true. She went still, even her enthusiastic wagging ceased and for a moment his heart stopped. He worried that she was distressed and then she spoke and his heart soared to the heavens. With a soft touch of her nose to his, she declared, "I love you more..." Her heartfelt words and gentle touch were everything that a wolf could ask for.

Then her own excitement seemed to overcome her and she was everywhere on the boulder, which had little room to spare with both of them perched on it. She laughed joyously and her tail wagged furiously as she moved about him, licking his face anywhere that she could reach. He laughed too, filled with relief, happiness and more love than he could contain and returned her licks when she was close enough in her excitement. Then she seemed to rear up in an attempt to attain the height to bathe his crown as well.

The slight bit of extra weight meant little to him and he was thoroughly enjoying the attention after worrying for so long if she felt the same. With every lick and wag she showed him just how much she did love him. When she went for the top of his head his center of balance shifted and he sidestepped to catch his balance. Unfortunately, there was no boulder there and his paw met open air. Before he could even register what was happening, he was falling, paws flailing in the early morning mists before he landed in the lagoon with a huge splash. He went under for a moment and came up spluttering.

As soon as he could catch his breath from the shock of the icy water, he burst out laughing. "If you didn't want to share your rock, you could have just said so!' His deep voice held a teasing note, so she would know that he was not upset though. He was cold, however, so he made his way to the shore quickly. Even so, he was already shivering when he reached the shore. As soon as his feet cleared the frigid water he paused and gave a mighty shake, sending droplets of water in all directions. Then he grinned at Narime'. "Do you like my new look, my love?" His russet fur stood out in all directions, giving him the look of a fuzzy red teddy bear with golden amber eyes twinkling with amusement and adoration.

Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

The chill of the air licked at her fur but could not dampen the warmth that was spreading from her heart. Nari continued showering her Sloane with licks. Until a second later his body disappeared behind the boulder and into the water. Having been pressing up against the russet wolf she almost fell in right after him. However her long legs stiffly stopped her forward movement as the she wolf watched her love fall into the water.

Oops...

Her ears folded back all at once embarrased and worried about Sloane. "That water has got to be cold.." She thought while quickly leaping to the dry side of the bank about to step into the water after him. However the russet male quickly laughed joking about it and stepped out onto shore. Perhaps for equal measure the big wolf shook out his fur making Nair wince as water droplets littered her fur.

"I'm sooo sorry...and...ahh..You're look could use some work.." She stepped forward and licked the fur along the sides of his forhead down until only a spike still stood in the middle. Like a little horn she let the fur stand up there then laughed and began quickly grooming the rest of him. "If I lick his fur backwards the water will evaporate quicker." She went to work warming up her russet protector. Nari did not want him getting a cold because of her stupidness.

"I can't believe you made me come all the way outhere just to tell me that! I thought something was really wrong. Like you wouldn't be able to come see me anymore or something...granted I am very happy that we could have this conversation.. I have kinda been fretting over you and ..well.. these feelings for a while.. Now I finaly got them out.." She couldn't hold back a smile forming on her face again. Even as she urgently groomed her drenched russet love Narimé's tail still wagged at a slower yet happy pace.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane had to admit that he was certainly enjoying all of the special attention, despite the chill that hadn't completely abated. Her concern was touching and it made him feel important to her. Which, he supposed, after there mutual confessions of love they were to each other. He still couldn't believe it. She loved him as much as he loved her! He was a wolf on top of the world and he laughed with her when she was drying him off.

After a few minutes of attention she asked if that was all that he'd wanted to say to her, that she'd been worried that something had been terribly wrong. No, there was nothing wrong exactly, but there were several important matters they needed to talk about. Knowing that the next logical step was to ask her to become his mate, he once more felt a wave of uncertainty. Loving him was one thing for the young fae, but becoming his mate and starting a pack and family of their own was and entirely different matter altogether. He didn't know if the idea had even crossed her mind, but she was so much younger and inexperienced that he couldn't begin to guess at her feelings.

Giving her a nuzzle in her plush neck fur, he licked her cheek and met her lavender tinted eyes. He tried to speak and got all tongue tied again, before gathering his courage and asking, "Narime'? Do you think that you love me enough to become my mate...to start a pack...a family of our own soon?" It was then that his voice failed him in his nervousness, but he had gotten it out. He wished that he could tell her that she meant the world to him, that she hung the moon and the stars for him, but his anxiety over her answer kept him mute and frozen, save the occasional shiver. Would she have him? She held his entire world in her paw...

Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Glad that Sloane was staying still so that she could help to warm him Narimé continued her busy licking pausing only when she heard the deep rumble of his voice again. Although his voice was once more nervous which made her listen all the more intently.

Stopping her grooming all together Narimé closed her eyes and with a calm face she sighed thinking about his question. "To be his mate? To have our own family...I want my own family.. I want to feel that closeness again..but...." She creased her brow and the young she wolfs tail stopped wagging once more. "I know I have been acting like an adult since I joined Willow Ridge..but am I really what a mother should be?" She asked herself this opening her eyes and gazing at the ground uncertain of an answer. Nari tried to remember how her real mother took care of her, but all she could distinctly remember was Muerda. Her adopted mother did take care of her, but she always made sure HER children were fed first, bathed first, and that they were never bullied by the other wolves in the pack. Whereas Nari was always made to be submissive. To both the adults and her adopted siblings Narimé was just an extra pup to take care of. The unwanted one in the pack. But coul she change? Could she be the alpha?

Was she suposed to act like Muerda? "If I want a family then I may have to defend myself against wolves like my old mom. Wolves who want only the power in the role of being the mother of the pack...Whereas I just want to have a family, I don't want the power.." Nari couldn't see herself bullying others to keep her position among the pack. However, she could see herself fighting an occasional female away to stay by Sloane's rusted side. Was there a way to rule in a gentle way? Not have to fight all the time?

All these questions flew around in her head as the silver hunter sat beside her Sloane. Minutes began passing and still she had no answer. She was quietly thinking everything out.

"And what about Willow Ridge?" She knew being with him was right. As much as being loyal to Willow Ridge had been right. However now something was going to have to change. She couldn't be with Sloane and be a Willow Ridge wolf. It saddened and worried her to no end how Elettra would react to everything. Would she understand Nari's emotions?

She wasn't sure, but the silver wolf knew that Elettra had loved someone at some point during her life. Perhaps she would let the young gray woman have a chance at it too. Besides, the way Nari saw it pups grew up in a pack, learned from their parents and pack mates, then when they turned of age the pups decide whether to stay with the pack for longer or to go. So to Narimé she was doing something that would have naturally happened if she had stayed in her old pack and grew up there. She just hoped her pack leader would realize this herself.

"Sloane...I..I want to be your mate, but.. Am I too young? Would I make a good mother? and..Do you think I could learn to be a good alpha?" She finally looked up from the ground with worried eyes into Sloane's equally nervous amber ones.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane hadn't realized that he'd been holding his breath until the minutes ticked by and the only sound to be heard was the gentle lap of the water behind him. When he started to feel lightheaded, he realized what he'd been doing and told himself to just breath, that she had a lot to think about and process. Indeed, he could see the play of emotions across her beautiful face, but he forgot to breathe again when he saw her brows furrow and he tail ceased wagging happily. Did he ask too much? Had he frightened her with his desire to have her by his side always?

The seconds stretched to minutes and the minutes seemed to stretch an eternity. The anxious russet male tried to stay calm and be patient with her for he loved her and he wanted her to be happy, even if she didn't want to stand by him as his queen. Her happiness meant more than anything else, plain and simple. His nerves and anxiety level rose exponentially and seemed ready to reach a critical level when her soft voice carried to him, expressing all of her own thoughts. "Sloane...I..I want to be your mate, but.. Am I too young? Would I make a good mother? and..Do you think I could learn to be a good alpha?"

He felt lost in the soft hues of her eyes as they met his and she looked as uncertain as he had felt before asking her to become his mate. Her first words brought the breath back to his large body and an even brighter glow of love to his eyes. She wanted to be his mate! That one thought was enough to hearten him to respond to her other concerns with a gentle nuzzle to her cheek to reassure her as he hoped that his words might. "Nothing would make me happier than to have you by my side. Yes, you are young... we both are, but that doesn't mean that we can't manage a pack and family as long as we have each other and when the time comes, I know that you will be an amazing mother, my love!" That was one thing that he had no doubts at all about. With her kind heart, she would nurture their pups and teach them well to be loving and loyal and to show them more love than they could ever contain.

When she asked is he thought that she could learn to be a good alpha, his thoughts drifted to his own mother. She had ruled by his father's side with grace and love and those traits had ensured that those under her would follow her to the ends of the earth. Her tawny face and golden eyes morphed into the beautiful silver fae with lavender tinted eyes before him. "I think that you will make an wonderful alpha, Narime'. You don't need to be aggressive to be a leader, merely smart, loyal and loving. There are many ways to lead a pack and the best are not ruled with force. You remind me of my mother with your loving heart and she was a perfect compliment to my father. And remember, I would be there right with you every step of the way. We can build a family together... I know that we can!" He could only hope that his words gave her some measure of comfort.

He waited to see if she had more questions or concerns. They had more to discuss, but this was by far the most important matter right now. Spring was not yet here, but it was not all that far off either. He needed her to realize how much he needed her and how important she was to him. They would go at her pace. He felt confident that everything would fall into place if only they were together.

Knight of Honor