(See All?) Announcements
507 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis, Neo

She Said Baaah — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

She hadn't meant to be headed in the direction of the mountains. However the girls paw steps brought her there. Narimé was thinking back on her father who had died in the mountains. Though the gray wolf had no clue why she started thinking about him. At first she had been thinking about the coming Spring and her second birthday. Then that thought somehow morphed into thinking about her fathers birthday being only six days after hers. Then she somehow started thinking about how he'd died. It seemed like so long ago. When I found out, and I never really apologized to Chant for leaving so suddenly. Besides I owe both Tlarx and Treena for helping me in those stupid mountains. The least I can do is hunt a little and leave the food on their boundary. She looked at the mounains looming in front of her. She was already roaming around at the base of the pass by the time the young wolf had come to her decision. Now all she had to do was find something to kill.

Easier said than done.

All the silver hunter could find were very old wolf tracks that had already melted most of the snow around them making large indents in the white ground. The scent of something interesting did however come from the mountains. She couldn't place the smell. Perhaps something deer-like, but in a way it wasn't. Last time it was moose and elk smells that I got to learn. So what;s this one? The young woman had no clue that there was a species of mountain goats inhabiting these mountains. Following the smell she began climbing the face of the mountain.

This is what ultimately took the she wolf the longest to do. Having gotten half way up the smaller mountain the silver she wolf paused to catch her breath and view the scenery. The sounds of ravens had caught her attention not too long ago. They jabbed at her ears, and now she could see where the birds were. Close to a dozen birds could be seen from her vantage point. Half of them winging around in circles and the other half on the ground gathered around something. Though Nari was young she knew well what this meant. There was free food down there. But should I go back down? When I had already gotten so far up?

Debating with herself for a minute Narimé finally decided not to head back down. Old food, though frozen, would eventually rot if random warm days came around. Besides if it wasn't freshly killed meat then maybe the pack wouldn't touch it thinking that she might have done something to it. Not that Nari knew how to use poisons. But you never know. They might have enemies who know medical herbs and stuff. Or poisonous plants. I think bringing fresh kill is a better idea.

More time passed.

Nari was three quarters of the way up. She was following a fresh trail however the poor girl did not know how tricky it was to catch or find mountain goats. The fact that she was below them meant that the animals could see her coming farther away. It gave them a chance to escape and run away. All the hunter was doing was pushing the herd farther and farther up the mountain and away from her; and she hadn't even seen them yet. However other certain smells were disturbing her from her hunt. Lots of semi old wolf scent was detected on her nose as she scented around for those strange animals on the trail.

This would be a lot easier if I wasn't going up hill.. I don't think I'm going to be able to catch these things at this rate. She was distracted by yet another scent. Her sharp nose caught the scent of an incoming female. Looking around the landscape cautously Narimé made sure she wasn't too close to Poison Path. So any of their wolves shouldn't bother her. Is she a loner looking for a meal? She wondered quietly while watching for the shape of a wolf coming towards her as the wind blows.

(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2013, 05:49 PM by Narimé.)

Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
Naira is going to talk to Rais briefly after the hunt and he will tell her about his encounter with Nari/Sloane and give her a brief description of the two (but that thread is still in progress).

The goats gave the girl away as they scrambled up the almost vertical surface of the cliffs and ridges to escape. The tawny queen observed that the girl moved like a hunter but one that was far more used to flatter terrain. Here above the tree line, the goats would be almost impossible. She would have better luck trying to survive on rocks at this height. Naira maintained her distance, her simple steps fluid as she moved with the mountain rather than against it. The ridge line on on which she perched following the contour of the land bringing her parallel to the struggling yearling. She smelled unlike any pack Naira had encountered before, and yet, underneath it all there was the ghost of a scent she had thought she would never smell again. And it made her blood boil.

She watched as the younger wolf paused, knowing full well she was well within scenting range. Her russet coat bled into the rocks behind her and she knew if she stood still enough she would barely be discernible against the harsh terrain. But didn’t she want to be seen? Did she not wish to pin the child to the floor and rip every secret from her hide? Did she not need the confirmation that her brother was dead. Dead beyond resurrection and causing her more pain? Was there evil magic involved in his reappearance? Now that everything was finally falling back into place why? Why was she being haunted with the scent of Kanosak?

The urge to fight had been lit in her blood, but was it this child that she wanted to attack or her brother? She still had no reason why he had done what she had and she still could not shake the belief that it had something to do with Athena. They would all pay, in time. With blood.

Another voice teased at the back of her mind, but what would be the chances? Surely there were many silver yearlings wandering about the Lore. This couldn’t be the same that had bought such injuries upon poor Rais surely? But her curiosity was piqued, a dangerous combination with the anger that was borne through her blood.

It was a short drop to the snow below and she took it as gracefully as any wolf who may have been born here. This mountain was a part of her now and she lived and breathed it’s terrain. Her dark colouring stood out clearly against the stark white of the snow, her tail held high and her head held low, eyes staring down the younger wolf as her ears angled clearly forward to catch any noise that may escape the stranger. Her walk was as dangerous as the look in her eyes when she caught the unnatural hue of the strangers orbs, and all desire to talk evaporated with another whiff of him.

[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

The females scent made the young wolf turn her head every which way to find the source. It took her a minute to find the gray, rust, and cream she wolf on the Ridge opposite from her. As Narimé viewed her from a far she noted the woman's aggressive stance, and she didn't like it either. Why is she being so domineering when we are no where near a pack? She paused watching the female from a distance with her own head raised. Sizing the woman up and figuring out her options. She could go talk with the female, and if she turned aggressive that would become an issue. But maybe the woman wouldn't attack? Judging by that she doesn't look like she'd want to talk.. Nari referred to the woman's upright stiff body posture.

Or I can leave and avoid any trouble... She continued to look over the she wolf noting her age, size, and health. Turning around and leaving was looking a lot better right now. Just avoid the trouble. Besides it didn't look like Narimé was going to be able to go after the mountain goats like she had originally planned. Nari would not have anything to give Poison Path if she were to continue forward. So logically heading back down the mountain was a better choice. Then come back at a later date to see her Poisoned friends with a present in tow.

She decided to stay safe and avoid a confrontation. A wise move for the young wolf. Especially since she did not yet realize that the she wolf she was facing was an experienced alpha. Narimé lowered her head and tail again and began picking her way back down the mountain. There was nothing up there for her right now. Spare for an ornery female, and frankly, though Narimé tried keeping an open mind about new wolves, whenever she meets aggressive wolves right off the bat they are set low on Nari's list of friend and foe.

Though she would remember the females scent. For future reference if needed. Narimé retreated back down the side of the mountain leaving it to the Nomad Alpha.