(See All?) Announcements
377 Users Online
Google, Bing, Clover, Tuwile

loyal no more — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
PPing them walking a bit away from the scene. Let me know if ya want me to rewrite. <3
The secret impresses no one.
borden lyall
The trick you use it for is everything.
January 4th; Late Afternoon; Partly Cloudy; Chilly, Slight winds; 0° F/-18° C.

Leaving Ice and Angier at his back, Borden turned to Follko who had almost graciously bowed down at the first sight of Borden's glare. With his black-tipped tail lifted high above his back and his ears pointed forward in accusation, gestured to the man that it would be best if he followed. The further they were away from Ice and Angier, the better. One short, almost clipped bark wordlessly purveyed his impatience and shortly after, he was off, trudging through the snow.

He cast a glance over his shoulder to make sure Follko had followed and once some distance had been acquired, he rounded on the dark-pelted brute with a growl. His muzzle lifted up with a silent display of teeth and a glare so fierce that he might have done one of several things if looks could kill. "What are you doing here?!" he bellowed, turning to face him. He tried to gauge the expressions on Follko's face, but the words fled from his lips before he could even think them through. "WHY WERE YOU FOLLOWING US?"

The fur about his shoulders rose up in terrible spike-like tufts and his tail swayed about above his rump. Regardless of whether Follko had taken a few seconds or several minutes to answer, Borden demanded for a swift answer with an intimidating click of his jaws.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
Played by TABs who has 107 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
With a huff that turned to wheeze followed by coughing the elder forced himself forward following quickly behind his old leader. Follko was preparing himself for a good old fashioned butt whooping and probably many harsh words coming from the Hollow leader.

When they finally did stop farther away from the other wolves Borden turned in a flash of brown and gray fur staring down at Follko. His dominating stance conveyed the leaders anger towards Follko with his absence from pack meetings and hunts. Lowering his head, tail, and body appropriately and respectfully Follko waited for those harsh words to fall. Fall they did..

The elder had time previously to formulate his answer and would be quick to respond when the alpha demanded it. Follko did not stare offensively but neither did he just look at the ground the whole time. Instead he watched his ex alpha's face with a calm acceptance and demeanor. Not even Borden's threatening snap of his jaws would move the elder.

"I followed you simply because I wanted to talk with you Borden.." Follko finally took his eyes away by closing them and sighing. "I assure you I have a good reason for wanting to speak with you, and once the talk is over you won't have to see me ever again if that is what you so wish.." He opened his orange eyes once more and looked to Borden full of respect. This was one wolf of only a few that still had Follko's full respect.

“Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.”
--Edgar Allan Poe   user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
borden lyall
"I followed you simply because I wanted to talk with you Borden.." The answer, though sufficiently swift enough for his ears, came in a steady, unwavering, even exasperated tone. The Lyall continued to glare, his teeth clenched and his lips angrily curled upward. When Follko's eyes opened they rested on his masked face. INSOLENT BRUTE! his mind screamed, his muzzle drawing dangerously close to Follko's. IMPERTINENT ROGUE!

"Turn... Away," he instructed with a low snarl. "You want to speak to me, Follko, you will do it... properly." Borden squared his shoulders and for a moment his tail stood still in a proud arch. "TURN AWAY!!" he ordered again, another growl bellowing like thunder from the depths of his chest.

Then, without even waiting for the man to obey his order, he continued to yell, "Speak!" Daylight was burning and Borden hoped with every word he spoke implied to Follko that his time was downright precious. Every second he and Angier were away from the Hollow, the longer his children had to elude their mother and their appointed keepers. The longer they were detained, the more plausible it became that the dangers moving in from the east was rooting itself within the Cedarwood.

"SPEAK, so that you may have your freedom and I may have my family intact! My situation, you will find, has become quite grim and you will not waste anymore of my time!" For a brief instant his mind flickered to Renier and Taima and the ferocity in his eyes softened; but as soon as he regained his senses and his wits, he let loose a rough, demanding bark.

Played by TABs who has 107 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Following Borden's order Follko turned both his body and his eyes to the side. He still left his ears angled partly towards Borden to hear his growls better. Then he spoke as was necessary.

"I am leaving the Hollow, or.. have left the Hollow not because I wanted to. But because I want to keep your family healthy. I know pups and elders are the one's who die first from illness or disease, and I do not want to give anyone else in the pack whatever illness I might have..." He looked down to the earth resisting the urge to cough. Follko wanted to get through this conversation without a bout of coughing. Though his own wheezing hung annoyingly on the elders ears.

"I will not keep you for any longer. It seems there is more than just my regular coughing illness that you must worry about... I know you'll keep your family safe. Look after the pups especially, as the white guy said before. Maybe tell Renier I'll miss him. He is turning out to be a fine young lad." With that Follko dipped his head goodbye. He hoped whatever the problems were between the packs would be resolved quickly. Follko was quite sure he would not get the chance to see the exact problem that had come to Lore.

As the dark wolf turned ready to leave forever he paused and gasped as a mighty cough shook his dark frame. It was time he left. Like Borden had said, there was not much time for him to dilly dally on an old fool like himself.

"Look only to the healthy with a smile, while giving the weak only a glance. Help the strong of heart, mind, and soul survive, and work together with them. Chase away the weak, depressed, saddened souls to keep your family happy." Follko spoke this loud enough for Borden to hear as he padded slowly away, but he was only telling himself this. Something his father had told him. Follko looked upon that memory with a smile and hoped that his father might be waiting for him to return home. One way or another..

“Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.”
--Edgar Allan Poe   user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
borden lyall
Though Borden was pleased that the grizzled man obeyed his orders, the Hollow Leader still kept his lips curled up from his teeth. Rust-colored ears still turned forward, every single one of Follko's words were heard. They did nothing but wear what was left of his patience thin. Follko was leaving because he was sick. At least he had the mind to stay away from the cubs, and Borden silently thanked him for that.

"Go on," he dangerously whispered when the dark man glanced downwards in the middle of his plea. Much like an aged advisor, one that had served his house since Trisden's birth, Follko continued to relay his wishes. One nod was given in faith that Borden would keep his family safe, and another when he was recommended to look after the youngest members of the pack. When told that Follko would miss him, Borden's shoulders squared and he froze. He had overlooked just how close he had become to his son and a small twinge plucked at his heart, but the man had left for everyone's sake... and there was nothing Borden could do to pardon the fact.

The masked man watched closely as Follko courteously dipped his head and turned his back on him. Then, the proof the Lyall had wanted to see to confirm the elder's sickness came. The wheezes, both soft and harsh, had not been enough and Borden watched with a critical eye as the departing wolf before him shuddered and shook with a most terrible cough. The further Follko went, the straighter Borden became, his head and tail lifting and his limbs tensing and shifting into a more noble stance. His last words were not lost on the wind and the Leader took them to heart, for they were the very words he had settled his dominion on.

Once certain that Follko would not return, to even dare to follow him again, Borden relaxed. He silently looked to where Ice and Angier still stood behind the curtains of fog, then gave two loud barks to summon his brother back to his side. The longer the two Lyalls were away from Cedarwood, the longer their pack and bloodline would be kept vulnerable to other unseen dangers. He was certain Sibyl, Aniu, and Kade were enough, but with how stealthy the intruders had become, there was no telling if, when, or where the next danger would strike.