(See All?) Announcements
524 Users Online
Bing, Google, Finley

death trip — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Steph who has 56 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Siku Tartok
The night was silent in its entirety. Siku was deathly still herself as she stood, inhaling the crisp air of the hour, lingering in the cover of darkness that suited her so. She was not hungry; she, her mate, and sons had hunted nights prior and she had gorged. As the leader of the group, Siku ate the most. Aves ate with her; and there was plenty leftover for her sons. Hunger was not the problem. Had she not the drive to start a pack, there would be no problem. But this place was different. Siku could not dive into here as she could everywhere else. She would need to meet the natives and live among them before she established her own family as wolves of consequence. That would mean she would have to assimilate herself into a pack.

It did not sit well with her.

For a year now, Siku had followed her role as Alpha Female. She had become The Matriarch; a wolf feared and respected. Here, she was a stranger to all. Here, her actions and her name were as meaningful as a petal falling from a flower. Ever still, Siku thought on this. There was little she could do but fall in line with fates plan. Siku was no subordinate. In time, she would rise again. These were the thoughts she suffered away from the company of her sons and mate. She fell gracelessly onto her haunches, and then flopped unceremoniously to her side, what little snow there was on the ground bursting into the air around her only to float downward immediately after.
Played by Kira who has 198 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Time here passed by slowly, too slow. There were too many packs to look into joining and he simply had no leads on where though he had liked Athena from Poison Path. Inkheart had never been the nicest of folks and over the years he had tried to wipe that hard shell away but it was rearing its ugly head. Being somewhere new that was feeding on his energy was well enough and walking through it was relaxing. Though, that wasn't really what was catching his eye and keeping him moving.

The image of another soon popped up and he couldn't turn around even if it may have been a private moment. No one else was nearby that he could smell, see or hear so he may as well get acquainted. Perhaps she had a pack here too. There were still five packs to learn about. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">You alright? The stranger seemed to alright just laying there but until he knew for sure, he would stay.

i'm always looking for threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Inactive II. Subordinate
Siku Tartok
Wolves, like Seahawk, littered the area. Wyldneris had not been nearly so populated as this. Wolves approached her constantly. It was strange, being the one approached. Recruited. But she accepted it for what it was: a necessary evil. For now. She would make it perfectly clear her role was temporary. Siku was not meant to be a subordinate. It would be disrespectful to pretend otherwise.

Siku heard the crunch of snow. She rose slightly, rolling her shoulder and moving onto her belly. Snow covered half of her face, and she pawed at it halfheartedly, not caring for the chilling feeling it left on her whiskers. His question was met with a blank stare, acceptance if ever there was any, and then she shifted her gaze. I am not a native. Perhaps you can help me. Her speech was blunt, lacking eloquence as it was something she knew nothing of. She looked back to him, blinking. He had not offered, but she would ask. One got nowhere if they did not.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">It would be an unfortunate surprise to this stranger that he was just as much a stranger as she was. Inkheart might know a little bit more about the packs but it didn't go past the names. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">I can promise that I will not be of much assistance, he answered plainly, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">I haven't been here very long myself. Simply a loner for now. Though, now that he looked at the situation surely there might be something he could help her with that didn't involve the knowledge of the lands. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">However, ask me a question and I'll try my best to answer.

Ink knew some things about Relic Lore though probably not enough to satisfy the large woman's basic need for knowledge. He was no superhero but help came in all shapes and sizes, if she needed an extra body he could help or if she wanted help to catch prey, he'd be there.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Siku Tartok
His words were not discouraging. Not of much. But of some. That was all that mattered. He would be useful to her, and even if he could only provide names, it was better than her repertoire of nothing. She hoisted herself upward, snow sprinkling downward from her chest as she shifted. Tell me what you know. Then, at least, she could avoid wasting her breath on asking him questions he knew nothing about, and he could save his own. She nodded to him in thanks.

Siku was not a woman who believed in debts or repaying them, but if he hungered, she would aid him in a hunt if that was what he desired. It would not be any trouble at all to stretch her legs and bring meat home for her sons. As it was, he was helping her now.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">It didn't take very long for the woman to wear out her welcome on him but he couldn't blame her. Words had never been his strong point after all. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Phineas of a Willow Ridge pack, plans to make his own. A woman by the name of Ava is the leader of Grizzly Hollow. Also a packed named Poison Path, due to a meadow of Nightshade lingering nearby. But out of all of them so far Athena had given him the most information even if some of it was repeated news.

<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">There are also packs called Swift River, Secret Wood and a couple of packs that I was not given the name of. Apparently they are simply mutts and nothing worth scouting, and as far as Inkheart knew they weren't worth it at all. If she needed anything else then he wasn't going to be anymore help and likely be the end of this discussion and meeting entirely. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Anything else?

Inactive II. Subordinate
Siku Tartok
I'm dating this before the Phineas thread :)!
Inkheart was blunt, concise. She enjoyed that, truth be told. He did not waste his time. It was that which led her to ask him, Where will you go? For surely he was not a wolf who was dumb, imagining that the life of the lone wolf would suit him. It suited no wolf, not even her; she was with her pack, her family, but would—temporarily—join another until she was prepared to lead. She could not do that until she knew intimately the sort of wolves that were here.

That, though, was all she needed to know. What he put his stock in. Their meeting was fleeting, though that was all well and good. Siku had business. She was sure that he did, as well. It was good that they would not waste the time of one another. She hoped there would be more like him here, and only wished that she could persuade him to walk alongside her when her time came. Perhaps if he desired to know something, she could offer him knowledge in turn. Still, it was unlikely.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
stephie-poo gets my 100th post!

<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">The female's question was plain and simple, as was the answer he was prepared to share with her. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Unknown as of yet, he shrugged though he did have a few ideas in mind for what he was prepared to do there was no solid path, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">I've been exploring all my options to see where I'd be given a challenge. Inkheart wasn't looking to join a pack where things were handed to him nor was he looking for a pack that looked at him as he was only family. The black beast wanted more out of his time within a pack and to be viewed as superior by those that he saw weaker than himself.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Siku Tartok
OMG I AM HONORED
He did not know. Shame. A single velveteen lobe shifted atop her head as her impassive facade remained much the same. She nodded to him. Siku had no desire to be challenged. Life was what it was. She challenged others, to be sure. It meant nothing. Siku's purpose was to rise. Here was a new beginning, but the fact remained the same.

The Issumatar looked into the distance. With no thought of etiquette—which was not something Siku knew much of anyway—she took a step forward as to insinuate she would move on from here. She paused only once to see if Inkheart needed anything from her, now. If he did not, she would go.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
ill archive for ya.

<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">It was almost comical to the lone beast that the woman he was now accompanying was a spitting image of how he was upon coming here. Unsocial, unamused, and uninterested in those that she came across. This was not a bad thing, he knew. In fact he enjoyed simply looking out for himself and having a few word conversation.

Coming as no surprise he could tell that his presence was no longer needed as their was nothing more to offer. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Goodbye, he answered plainly before continuing his flight back to Fireweed Rise.