(See All?) Announcements
490 Users Online
Bing, Isla, Chan, Google

bane of the mountain — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghoff who has 133 posts.
V. Subordinate
Namara Hervok
Namara felt very sick, like someone had set fire to her insides, she could hear the voices, barks, words, every time she opened her jaws all that came out was a half-bark half-yelp. She realized with a jolt that her vision was swayed blurry and disoriented, however instinct told her by the slope under her paws that by some miracle she had broken out of her tomb facing home. So Namara rose and began to drag herself, not towards the wolves who could save her, but home. The big grayish she-wolf stumbled towards home, her head hurt, and her nose bled, but there was a spark in the back of her mind, something told her Trouble. so the wolf simply tried to walk away. She began to slip again, and drop into small sinkholes in the freshly displaced powder.

She began to realize, she was definitely not okay, Her left back foot did not seem to take any weight and she could feel herself wobble on her front right, ribs she could feel bones move as they shouldn't have. Yet still she trudged, knowing if the healthy wolves behind her were the trouble they could over take her easily. I must get home, I must, they need to see me before I die, I need to apologize, I need to make amends before I die. She fell to her side again and felt her stomach clench, Oh no her throat tightened and she retched expelling her last meal, and more blood, she was sure it was the movement doing that, but she was too damn stubborn to stop.

She would make it back to poison path or she would die trying. Moments passed and she rose again trying to move a little further, she eventually found a boulder to lean on with her uninjured shoulder, her right eye had swollen nearly shut but she still had a sliver of vision. she coughed again only this time, no blood came, her mind eased and she decided it was okay to rest for a moment
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Sorry, for interrupting all your fun, Tyrant! Athena wants to come out and play too.:3

One moment everything was silent then the next it seemed that the Earth was going to explode from the thundering noise. The Queen of the Lake was taking a wander in the mountains nearby, when the mountain became angry. An avalanche started and she was lucky to find a ledge to hide behind while the snowy destruction broke around her ledge like it was a knife. She wasn’t aware of the two wolves that had caused her so much pain were nearby, but Mother Nature was going to have her way of fun as the White Queen made her way make towards her lands.

The first bad sign that she noticed was the scent of blood, and then came the scent of one of her subordinates below her. It was Namara that she scented; however, her scent was subdued by the blood. She began making her way faster down the steep, snowy slope trying to keep her footing as best as she could as she made her way down towards the injured she-wolf. Athena was still unaware of the other two souls that had caused her so much pain in the past. They were further upwind, so she was unable to detect them.

As the white woman came upon the Laylani girl, her blazing gaze first noticed how injured she was. Athena wasn’t sure if she would be able to make it the rest of the way, safety at least. Then she noticed the vomit that lay besides her form. This isn’t good, Athena thought immediately, not needing the knowledge of healing to know vomiting is not a good sign. Approaching the woman’s side, her muzzle instantly pressed into the grey neck of hers in comfort and reassurance that someone was here for her. "It's going to be alright. I'm here." Her burning eyes looked down towards where the lake was to see how far down they would need to go. It was quite a ways, but with her help, Namara would hopefully be able to make it. Perhaps, she could go into Chantille’s old informatory and see what she could find, and seek out Eden. Either, they were going to get out of here.
(This post was last modified: Feb 04, 2013, 09:53 PM by Athena.)
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Played by Tyrant who has 526 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
Meh, I've spoken to staff and it wouldn't make sense for Rhys to land a hit on Namara as Athena is there and interrupted between the dice throw and my post with the dice outcome, so I'm going to have to null that move/fight now. So I don't know if Athena will go for Rhys or what at this point as I've not been involved in your OOC discussion about it, though I would like to be involved in discussions concearning my character in the future, rather than being told what is happening. :)

The scents were getting stronger- blood and vomit were fresh upon the crisp air. He was getting closer.
Ava appeared as it from no where to his side, and he turned his head a moment to look at her. She hadn't changed much, but her scent was fresh- untainted. He didn't know much of what happened during his time away, other than the little snippets Naira told him when they were alone, but he did know she wasn't at the lake when Naira was and he was a little smug that she too felt the need to abandon them. Of course, that didn't give them any sort of alliance right now, if it came down to it he wouldn't know which side she would sit, but for now it appeared they were at a neutral pass.

She slipped away from him as the scent grew stronger, opting for perhaps a safer path away from the mountain edge to a fall he couldn't quite estimate. Smart as ever, but he didn't feel like being smart. No, it was the perfect moment now that he found himself alone to put the lake wolf out of her miseray... or, into more miseray as the case might stand.
Ever closer he moved, until another scent whacked him like a frying pan to the face-- Athena. Athena was here. Oh... how delightful. As he rounded the last rock, he saw the pair. The silver female battered, covered in her own blood and smelling just revolting whilst Athena, ever the fucking saint, was there to "rescue" her. How quaint, and what luck that she would be passing by just as an avalanche hit. Not only did she miss it, but she was just moments away to save her little friend. Well, this wasn't going to be their day. Not if he had his way.
He picked up the pace once more and made no effort to hide himself- his dark body stood out against the white snow, his tall height making him easy to see- just like he wanted. He didn't hesitate as he got closer to the two, but made himself known without fear. "Athena. Lovely to see you... so close to the edge and all." he mused, a dark smirk lining his face as he assessed the two. The silver wolf was no threat, hell she could barely stand which left Athena very alone at that moment. Unlike before at the lake, she didn't have her band of merry men in tights to save her hide. How could he possibly pass up such a wonderful oppertunity to meet her again.
[Image: winteriscoming-mg.png]
Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya

The acid reek of vomit followed the fresh wave of blood scent, causing Ava to wrinkle her nose and fret further. Whatever had happened to the grey she-wolf as she flew over the mountain side had been worse than she'd anticipated, given that she couldn't contain her own stomach. Yet Ava's movements did not hasten further; the wolf was, after all, not her packmate or deserving of her concern, and she would rather get there slower than risk injuring herself on the jagged edges of ice and rock that surrounded the night-pelted female on her descent. At least, that had been her reasoning for stopping... at first. A scent came through the passages of her wet nose, infiltrating her blood stream. The veins in her legs tightened and she froze, amber eyes ablaze with confusion and discontent. Athena. Of course, it made sense. Ava could hardly figure a time when she hadn't appeared at a packmate's side when it was needed, and whenever her ass had found trouble a Poisoned wolf was always close behind. But this was going to be an unpredictable meeting, no doubt, with Ava's abandonment and her former Queen and Rhysis... Rhysis. Where had he gone?

With a grunt of irritation the female forced movement into her limbs once more and continued down toward the myriad of smells: blood and sewage, white Queen, black King, poison and stone. As each step drew her closer it also agitated the horrible concoction of emotions boiling in her veins. This fucking Mountain - she knew she hadn't wanted to come back; why had she? There was nothing but trouble to be found in the Serpent's Pass. If ever there was a lesson to learn then damn, Ava had learned it. It was too late to back out now but she was surer than anything that there would be no next time. With a grimace in her weary expression she turned a corner of the path and came across the scene she'd been dreading: the silvery she-wolf, battered and broken certainly, Athena at her side, and Rhysis inching closer wearing a jester's smirk at ease.

Now she couldn't care who had saved her life or when. Whatever lunacy had occurred in her absence she wasn't sure of but this madness wouldn't do. Without so little as a blink the black she-wolf strode forward, back straight and tail rising. Her fiery gaze did not avoid Athena's, though she kept any semblance of feeling out of their depths. When this was good and over she did not plan on exchanging any stories with the white female; she'd take the first stone path out of here and gladly. But first, she would position herself not directly in front of the two but on the outside of their stand-off, forming a semicircle. Ava's stare passed between the wolves and she placed a paw forward, indicating that she would not remain on the sideline if need be. But a weary sigh escaped her parted jaws and she hissed, "Go home, the both of you." This was stupid.

Played by Ghoff who has 133 posts.
V. Subordinate
Namara Hervok
She leaned against the face of the rock gasping for breath, exhausted at this point but alive, fully aware that if she were to try and make it home alone she would surely die she waited. Her breath slowing into something manageable when at once she caught a hint of a scent on the breeze, The pack that had come to the border, the black male, that was their leader, death take me. Her silent plea would go unnoticed today for a very odd sequence of events began to transpire, very quickly at that. First a trace of loner scent followed by a Poisoned scent, that she could not place. Her blood was marring her ability to tell whom was approaching her. It was a race against time for whatever Poisoned wolf had found her, the loner, and the leader of the pass. Namara was in her own race against time, only the stakes for her rose much higher than theirs, she was in a race for her life, one that had it not been for the pack, she would have already died.

The pack had saved her without even knowing it she realized, as she waited for her fate to be decided, had it not been for being strong and well fed she would not have survived the fall in the first place. However even still it was only just so, she was beginning to think she would die anyways when the sharp scent of Athena came into her nostrils at the very same time the white Queen made it to her side. "It's going to be all right. I'm here" Namara Laylani had never been one to accept the aid of others but this time was different, this time she let loose a very feeble whine. Almost as pitiful as a lost pup as her strength shattered into a million pieces around her. "S-save me Athena, p-please" She begged her Queen but not just for her life, but for her heart, for her soul. Namara did not want to be unwanted and the pain lancing through her body felt like penance.

Athena had appeared even through her broken acceptance, and her follies on a day to day basis, the Queen had still come to her when she needed it and in that simple gesture Namara felt an endless loyalty to the she wolf. But the day would not yet loose it's grip on her as the scent of the pass drifted into her nostrils. "Athena. Lovely to see you... so close to the edge and all." She heard the words of the wolf she knew only as the leader to a pack that was willing to wage war, for what the Silvery female didn't know, but she felt he was wicked. No, no, no, no, it can't be it can't, why? Am I destined to be tortured as I slowly bleed and die? Is this my fate, to have life dangled in front of me and snatched away? Her eyes were wide with fear and pain, and staring at the two leaders, hoping against hope that something would change.

It did... The appearance of the loner whom had been disregarded at the appearance of the black male, she was the one that came. Namara's gaze latched onto her wide with fear, hoping against hope she would know what to say, her eyes begged for mercy. The loner was a black she wolf and knew both of them it appeared, by the way she moved to stand almost between them. One paw raised poised to leap in whichever direction was needed she spoke,"Go home, the both of you." Namara almost collapsed she was shaking so violently in anticipation, and time was ticking, but still the silvery she wolf's gaze searched for the black loners and held the silent message, Thank you, so much, I will repay you. If given the chance she would, but first she had to live to give her the chance. The wind howled around Namara's ears as she waited for her fate to be decided.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
athena
scars remind us who we are

As soon as Namara realized who was next to her, the injured girl whined and pleaded for her help. Nuzzling her muzzle once more in comfort, she tried to start moving forward down the mountain. With Namara’s weight against her side, the trip would take much more time than usual, but they’d hopefully make it. However, just as she was making her first step forward, the scent of Rhysis came to her. Her fiery eyes searched for the lanky bastard, but she didn’t have to look long. His tall form was already making his way down to them. Gently pushing Namara back up against the rock face, she turned to face him with her hackles raised, teeth showing, and head lowered to protect her delicate throat. The leader protectively stood in front of Namara, in case Rhysis was going to try anything. Couldn't the avalanche take that bastard out?

It didn’t take long before his devious words to reach her ears. Releasing the growl that was forming in her chest, she continued glare at him, watching his every move. If only looks could kill. “I wouldn’t say I feel the same about seeing you. Frankly, I wish that avalanche could have taken you out,” she snapped back at him. Before anything could happen between them, however, another old friend of hers decided to make themselves known. Ava. Athena didn’t know if she should feel relieved or angry at seeing the black coated female. However, she kept a level facade on the outside while on the inside she was a whirlwind of emotions.

Ava’s advice was exactly what Athena had been doing until Rhysis showed up and his presence irked her the wrong way this time. That arrogant smirk made her just want to rip it right off his face. Her anger began to boil underneath her skin as she contiued to glare at his face. She used to respect and love the man before her, but time and hurtful memories have passed between them and she no longer had those feelings towards him. She hated the man before her. Despised him with all her being. Before she knew it, her body was launching towards the lanky man aiming to get a hold of anything close to his neck.

-edited- <3
(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2013, 03:54 PM by Athena.)
Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
@Athena, @Rhysis - I didn't want this thread to go dead so I'm just gonna throw in an exit post and Ty, if you want to you can too, or if not we can just archive and collect our points? :3
Ava received the barest of recognition from the white-furred female, something which she did not doubt would become habitual. After all, they were not likely to see each other again for any purpose. She wondered if there really was anything left unsaid between the two, or if they had nothing to share any more - sad as it was to imagine, it was probably the latter that was true. She remained still, watching as Athena ushered Namara down a crest in the mountain and out of sight toward a path of dark berries that, despite their varying allegiences, all three of them knew well.

Their smells began to fade rapidly - of course, the rank of vomit did not happen to go anywhere being that it was still splattered among their paws. Wrinkling her nose in distaste Ava backed up a few spaces, hoping the physical distance might do something about it. Then her amber eyes slowly trailed from the bloodied and now empty scene toward Rhysis, finding his hardened pale stare. Funny how she thought it looked exactly the way she remembered it, though so much had actually changed. But the lightness of nostalgia did not overtake her bones; she remained heavy, real, standing there in the background of an awkward situation. It was not her place; it never was.

Whether or not he would go after Athena still she didn't know, but Ava did not intend to body guard the she-wolves down the mountain. Quietly she turned away, eyes searching for a path away that had not been blocked off by the avalanche. Finding one, she uttered a soft, "Goodbye," and removed herself from the situation with haste.

(This post was last modified: Apr 02, 2013, 01:34 PM by Ava.)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
There was a moment, a brief pause between Athena's cocky words and her vaulting towards him through a torrent of snow that caused a secret chuckle to flee from his lips. D'aw, Da wittle wolf want to pway with da gwon ups. Well, that suited him just fine. In fact, she saved him the trouble of having to come much closer to the bleeding, vomit stench that the stupid wolf whom thought she could outrun an avalanche and further back from the edge. If they were going to dance he wasn't ungentlemanly enough to decline the lady, but he didn't want to go toppling off the edge alongside her carcass when he was finished with her.

The snow was a welcome friend, with her shorter height she was bound to struggle against the depths whilst his long legs would make moving that much easier. With any luck it would impend upon her speed, making the wolf which should be the most swift the most sluggish. He took a few paces back as she neared, drawing them further from the edge and making her work harder for her target.
She caught him, though his neck was not facing her but his shoulder instead. Luck was apparently on his side as she had managed to snag at the joint opposite to where Marsh had left his mark. Her movements were of anger, most likely not well anticipated and haphazardly. She always did have a foul temper which was a quality he had found attractive within her at the time - now, she was nothing more than an irritating little gnat that needed to be squished.

The sting from her teeth to his shoulder was a welcome pain, a feeling of warmth spread into the joint but no blood was spilt - the joys of a winter coat he supposed but it also meant that turning her clear white pelt red was going to be a tricker task. Still, he never shyed away from a challenge. He rolled his shoulder, lowering himself slightly as he craned his neck towards her. His rear stepped away, arching away from her bite as he swung himself to try and stand aside her, where he would then elevate his head in order to strike down, his jaws aiming towards her muzzle as to snatch her face within his jaws.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
athena
scars remind us who we are

Her attack had been unplanned, thus done in a haphazardly fashion. This wasn’t like her, but her rage just fueled the fire within her. She had been aiming for somewhere close to his delicate neck, but she ended up getting his shoulder. Sinking her teeth deeper in order to get a better grip, she began to shake her head back and forth like his shoulder was a chew toy. There wasn’t any blood, but by the end of this, there would be. The deep snow slowed her down drastically which put her at a severe disadvantage, but her bloodlust inhibited any rational thinking for now.

She wanted him dead and she was determined to succeed with her quest. Her shaking seized when he began to roll his shoulder in an attempt to get her off him. With all that movement, her teeth lost some of its grip, so she focused on another part of his lanky body. Aiming her teeth towards his closest front leg, if she succeed she’d grip her teeth around his appendage and shake her body like she did with his shoulder. Her bloodlust blinded her from anticipating Rhysis’s attack. When she moved down to try to grasp onto his foreleg, his muzzle and teeth were aimed to grip her snout in his. However, with her downwards movement at the same time, all he succeeded in was giving her large aperture upon her snout with one of his canines. The searing pain was dulled by the adrenaline that coursed through her veins, but the pain of it would get her after.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
@Athena use this to wrap it up and PP them vanishing before the avalanche? This will be Rhys out I guess so just you to wrap it up! :D

Her head shaking was almost cute, the tiny Little White Wolf as he used to call her, trying to pull him this way and that. Even though he wasn't a heavy male it wasn't perhaps the best form of attack- she had much to learn it seemed. Despite the throbbing in his shoulder, he was not impressed by the ordeal so far. His confidence knew no limits and he felt no fear, or even anger, towards her. She was just a pain. A tick that needed to be removed. It made thinking clearly that much easier when he set the task at hand as a day to day challenge, not a threat to his life- he would have been rolling around in stitches to think she thought she might be the one to kill him. She had spirit yes, but it would take more then a beady eye to finally make him fall. It never occurred to him that she might get the upper hand, that he might make a mistake like he had with Marsh - he was a God in his eyes and as such, he would not lose this fight.

His shoulder was released, but she took a clamp around his leg instead. Despite her size she could still do some damage to the thinner bones which held him up, so it was time to play rough - already he could feel the limb start to swell beneath where her teeth punctured the thinner skin. It appeared mauling her face was not enough to squash the bug- drastic action should be taken. With an ugly snarl he elevated his head and threw his jaws down towards her spine, just behind her head. Hoping to get a good grip where he could begin to crush the bone and disable her - perhaps forever.