Google, Bing

tacent satis laudant — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 258 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Mapplethorpe
mapplethorpe
their silence is praise enough
The girl knew her plants... It made the most elated of smiles curl about his muzzle. Good, he silently praised her in his head. "Aha," he merely sounded, the name of the uncommon flower finally matching with its scent, even though the fragrance of it was shrouded with death and the promise of its blossom in the impending arrival of summer's warmest days on Mount Dire's rocky ledges. She further commented that the coyote had possibly been infected before she had come to Relic Lore and Mapplethorpe merely nodded his head in concurrence. "You might be right," he said quietly, first looking to the corpse before glancing back to the silver-pelted woman.

Mapplethorpe let out a soft sigh, contemplating what had to be done. "Be wary... on your guard," he gently cautioned, his tone insinuating that he was genuinely concerned for her safety beyond the Pass and the territory they called home. "I'm going to make a round along the tree line just in case there are others about. Investigate a little before I head back." He stepped alongside the dead canine's tracks, lowering his nose to them one last time before following them further. One last glance over his shoulder showed that his smile had gone, the teacher within him had vanished and in its stead the scout and sentinel had risen. "You may come along if you'd like; I want to be sure that she was alone... that the edges of the Pass are safe and clear before I tell Rhysis and Naira anything."

(EXIGO.)

template base by GINNYSAURUS

P.S. This thread was actually quite enjoyable. Thank you. <3
(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2013, 03:37 AM by Mapplethorpe.)
Played by Jess who has 343 posts.
Inactive II. Scout
Sagacity
Enlightened by Mapplethorpe's panoptic description of the disease and his ability to track where the coyote had come from, she felt her respect for the older male grow and she regarded him with reverence. When he suggested their next plan of action she was quick to comply, naturally, and answered with a brief nod of her head. She would go too, to make sure there were no other creatures lurking about which had suffered the same illness as this one.

She still felt curious about the creature and how it had contracted the disease in the winter. As far as she'd known, it had't been the type of illness which manifested itself very often in the winter months. She'd always associated it with the heat of summer- but perhaps things were changing...And if they were, it definitely wasn't for the better.