Google, Bing, Isla

is it enough to breathe — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

J a y s y e k

our time is running out
A swift gait to get her blood pumping her legs carried the pale wolf miles from home. She had to escape the fog, it made her feel trapped and suffocating. She craved the sunlight. The warm touch, and brightness that was hidden from the hollow. She needed an open look to ease her mind of the new striking questions the were mangling her brain recently. Something was in the air and it was sure as hell not spring. There was tinge of death, and pain. Completely not the same events as last winter she had to endure, but it hit all the wrong parts of her mind and heart. She had to shoo her wants to gather her children and take them away.

Really, was there a place not tinged by misery and worry? Surely it would follow her, just like now with her tracing steps through the vacant white terrain with it as a cloaking shadow.

Huffing breaths, she let her lungs take the sharp bite of cold diving in their cells. A collective shake, she embraced the sudden brightness, climbing higher upon the rocks. She had to see the ground stretch out before her eyes, taste another side of the lands. Maybe, it was simply a harsh winter and many were struggling for food and warmth. It was an awfully lot colder, storms not as frequent. Mismatched eyes to the sky she couldn't help look at the small collection of clouds and want snow. It might purge the world of this tainted feeling.

Mustering more strength she went to the top, and stopped at the edge. If she had more time she would have gone to the mountain itself. The Heights would work, she perched on a stony throne, expression etched with hints of concern for her future and her packs.
(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2013, 12:12 AM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Tyrant who has 61 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adonis Aquila
He didn't want to go home. It was evident by the way his head hung, his ears pressed upon his head and his pace was sluggish. He had been gone for almost two days now, long enough for his mother to worry... he hoped. In truth he had chosen not to think of her, he didn't want her to be worried that he had taken a trip across the mountain, away from the supposed "safety" of the pack he loathed. He wasn't even sure he had a home there anymore, not after he hurt the leader. Surely they wouldn't tolerate his return. If not he would be safer to wait near the borders and hope that his mother would find him. She always had in the past, but things were a lot different now. He was bigger, not old enough to look after himself but getting there and she was so busy. Maybe she didn't have time for him anymore. The thought brought a whine from his lips- he hoped his mother wouldn't abandon him but he couldn't shake the niggle thought in the back of her head that she had abandoned his siblings. Maybe she could do the same to him.

As soon as the thought left his mind, he growled inwardly at himself and his shameful loyalty. His mother was his world, she was the reason he was alive today and he would not think ill of her. How dare he.
So consumed was he, he didn't note the scent he seemed to have followed. He hadn't meant to trail it like he was on rails, he just found himself wandering, trying to buy more time before he had to go to that horrid lake with all those horrible wolves waiting for him. So engulfed in his own thoughts he didn't even register when a white blur formed in his broken orb until he lifted his head and his good eye took in a white wolf. Female. Oh no.

He had a rush of adrenaline. What if it was Athena? The White Witch herself come to track him down and finish her off. Sure, he wasn't a small pup anymore but she was far more skilled in dominance and scuffles. He didn't stand much of a chance. He held himself still, frozen in place but allowed his nose to quiver. Her scent wasn't right. It didn't smell of frog leg gruel and bat wing soup. She smelled of the forest and the earth, something more natural. Relief flooded him, evident in the way his shoulders slouched slightly, his ears pressed back and his tail flicked once, twice. Of course, he wasn't out of the woods yet, this stranger could be the same, no maybe she was worse than the White Witch. He wasn't too far from home but he was all alone out here with a stranger. Stranger Danger and all that was drilled into his head, so he had to be careful.

He had walked close, but not close enough to invade her space, but perhaps close enough to draw her attention away from the beautiful view of the misty valley below. He stood rigid, awaiting her reaction and perhaps his fate. His mouth felt dry, but he part it anyway and whispered, well quietly stuttered in his smooth voice. "I- I- I'm sorry."
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

J a y s y e k

our time is running out
High on the outcrop the wind played with her long, thickened winter coat. The tips flipped around, the air cool but she enjoyed it. There was no moving air in the Hollow, everything was holding tight. Many scents swirled in it reminding her of the first days she had arrived in Relic Lore. It was about this time of year, but there had been a lot more snow. If she looked to the actually mountain side, there could possibly be the same. It had to snow harder here than in the forest. She recalled being in a couple storms which put a dim smile to her face. Mostly, it made her miss her mountain life, Alexander, and her daughter Arlette. It seemed unlikely she would ever see the bright eyed girl, and Jayse tried to hold to the fact no matter what at least she was alive and well. She couldn't shake how bad it must have cut the girl to keep her so far away. Yes, it was the lack of forgiveness that had her her heart in another twist.

Curling her tail a top her paws, her eyes wandered the fingers of the river, and spotted a few herds in the distance who seemed to be resting in the sun as well. They hung close to the Wildwood if they should need to escape. No one was singing a hunting song today. Mind remembering their position, another day it would be of importance, she pressed her legs tighter together. Her eyes had adjusted to the new setting, but did not see the pup until the wind brought it to her.How different his scent was, and she recalled a dark wolf who had carried it too. It was strange mixed with one of adolescence, if she knew too he should not be out here.

Mask would draw in his direction, blank while her eyes fell upon the dark pup who seemed the same in age as her own. She did not know why he came so close to her, it seemed the last thing he wanted to do. The apology might have been the reason as he stammered it out. The leader silently shrugged her shoulders, "No worries, unless your mother and father won't be happy you're talking to a stranger and come for the kil. I know how protective parents can be." A tease to her voice, and a smile of sorts worked onto her face, softening her expression. "You are going back home, aren't you?" Carefully the question pulled from her lips.

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2013, 06:36 PM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Adonis Aquila
Those eyes. He felt himself staring as she turned around to face him. She had eyes, just like Ryvet. He felt his tail flick in a moment of excitement and the doom and gloom expression he had upon his face lifted ever so slightly. He might be wrong, but perhaps this wolf was related to him. He was sure that mismatched eyes was not a common default in wolves; other than Ryvet he had never met a wolf with eyes of gold and blue. She was light in colour too just like him, only much bigger and defiantly a grown female.

He knew he was looking at her a little oddly, he needed to snap out of it but he couldn't help but feel a little excited at the prospect of Ryvet being here. Maybe they could play together again.
Realizing that he had yet to actually reply to her, he pulled himself together but he could not hide the sudden excitement in his body. "Oh erm. I ran away from home but I was just going back now. Mum warned me about Stranger Danger but you seem nice and I did invade your space first so I had to say sorry." he replied politely, but there was something in his tone that stated just how much the idea of going back there appealed to him.

She probably thought he was a naughty pup, running away from his pack and his parents. Sure he had only been gone a day, but it felt like forever and he already felt free from the wolves of the lake. Yes it had been silly, he could have been eaten or taken or something terrible, and he knew his mother would be beside herself, but he was a big boy now and he just needed to get away. The only reason he was going home was to tell his mother he was leaving and she either came with him or he would go it alone.
It was funny really, he didn't really think about what would of happened if he ran away and his mother didn't come with him. In the back of his mind he had always guessed he would seek out Ryvet, see if his pack would let him live with them so it was almost a coincidence that he might find a wolf who smelled just like him, at least, he thought she did. It had been a long time since he had seen his pale playmate, but he was sure her scent matched his, not to mention those eyes.

"Erm. Can I ask you a funny question?" he said, trying to take steady braves and buck up his nerve to ask a complete stranger a question that might make him look like an idiot. Well, more like an idea out of being a wolf who paid no attention to scents and space. "Do you know someone called Ryvet?" he asked, a note of hope in his voice as he lifted his head to meet her gaze.
(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2013, 09:25 PM by Adonis.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

J a y s y e k

our time is running out
Jaysyek was greeted by a pair of bright blue, curious eyes. She would not stare as long as he did. The pale wolf took a moment to glimpse to the side, trying to make sure there was no one else. The air was still only of present company, and she dared look back to the young man. He had an interesting look to his face, a more softened look than sullen. Was it because she hadn't attacked him? Or a bored pup with something new to hold his attention? Hard to say. His thoughts were not clear upon his dark mask, and she new nothing about him really.

Light brows scrunched slightly, ran away? Something a mother no matter whose she was wanted to hear. He would admit to going back now, and it made her expression relax. Smiling, he was a rather polite one. Something she always hoped her own children would be, but highly doubted. They probably terrorized anyone they came in contact with if they were altogether. Maybe, she could hope by themselves they were not so hasty and brash. They could be thoughtful... Jayse found herself smiling broadly, the words that came from the mouth of babes. "Thank you, but I know you meant no harm. You look like you had a lot on your mind,." He was probably worried about his mother's reaction, but he should be. She could not get it to sink into her own pups' heads why they should stay closer, not go so far, and what not. She wanted them to learn the lesson, but she didn't want them to learn the hard way. It was only through the passing days, they continued on their own paths they would get it. If not when they had their own children they would know why.

A brush of an ear, she was a little surprised he did not continue on his way. There seemed to be something particular he wanted. "Sure," she answered, hoping she wasn't getting herself into something. He finally brought the question to life, she understood why he had looked at her, and hung around. She was sure there was not many a wolf who could claim Ryvet. It was strange to think he knew of her son, but not exactly surprising. The way he spoke it seemed he surely wanted her to say yes. She nodded, with a quiet, "Ahumm," Saying no more, her face masked with a hint of humor. "He's my son actually, but I'm sure you might have guessed that." She blinked, but did not let her emotions sway. "You met him on an adventure did you? Did you meet his siblings as well?" Though the question didn't matter much it had already happened, and she was simply curious.

(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2013, 06:30 AM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Adonis Aquila
carry on, oh, little lonely prince
Adonis Aquila
Man, she was so nice. Maybe as nice as his own mother, he liked her already and he showed it with a toothy smile and a wag of his tail. His mother had warned him about strangers, but she felt warm and motherly. He believed he had good instincts, whenever he felt something wasn't right his stomach would knot and churn, but it sat still, if not a little hungry as he looked upon her and listened with care.
She spoke really nicely too. Her words were like honey to his ears and she seemed happy. He hadn't seen much happy in his life of late, well... ever really. His mother had always tried to put on a brave face, keep a smile for him and play with him when she could, but when you spent the entire day walking or hunting, you didn't really have much energy to put into it. Even in the pack, she had been so busy with everyone else he had been spending most of his time running up and down the mountains, trying to get to grips with the feel of the land and not rely too much on his broken eye; it had been challenging and he had perhaps too many near misses, his mother would of had kittens had she been there, but he was stronger for it and more experienced too. He might of had a crappy start to life, but he didn't let it stop him from growing. It isolated him sure, but so long as he enjoyed his own company he would be fine. Hopefully.

As she spoke of Ryvet, he felt his tail thrash faster. She was his mother, how exciting! He was so glad he did stop to say hello. He missed his friend, the only one he had in the whole wide world, so very much. "Yes! We met a while ago but we played in the field. It was the best day of my life!" he explained, unable to keep the happiness from his voice. Maybe Ryvet was close by and they could race up the mountain! That would be awesome. "He was on his own, but we were safe. I promise." he said, making sure not to get his friend in trouble. He knew his mother would ground him had she known he was off adventuring do he didn't want to get his only friend in any trouble with his mother.
He wasn't surprised to hear that Ryvet had brothers and sisters though, he could imagine them all playing together and it was so nice, so nice that his tail stopped wagging and his ears fell to his skull. He wished he could play with his siblings.

Lost in his own thoughts, a whine slipped from his mouth. His body sagged in a tired, defeated way without him even realizing it. Thinking of Ryvet playing with his family, made him feel so very lonely. He was lonely. His mother was busy, he didn't like his pack, he couldn't tell his siblings who he was in fear of exile from the White Witch. He was all alone in the world and he hated it. Truly hated it. Almost forgetting the pretty lady was standing close by, he lowered himself to sit upon the rocks, his muzzle pointed down to the floor as he tried to hold back a howl of loneliness that threatened to slip from his lips.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

J a y s y e k

our time is running out
Jayse would like to meet his parents. It might ease her own guilt of finding him alone, away from home, and her talking to him. She should probably have kept encouraging him to return, she was holding his time, keeping him from reuniting. While she observed him quietly, she faintly curious if he needed just a nice chat of no real meaning. She would not know the story of his life nor hardships, but stopping to look at the world never hurt. Time was too precious, and went too fast. A reason she was here, doing nothing for a change but trying to dwell on what she had.

By his ways she would have taken him home, maybe he could rub off on the rest of her litter. She laughed, merely tickled by his honesty, and description. "I'm glad to hear, sometimes he gets a little wrapped up with his brother's idea and they tend to get in trouble." She said in light of everything knowing their wanderings lead them to make friends, and had fun gave her some security she really needed.He seemed saddened by something, her chin titled, brows touching while she shifted in the snow. "Can't never be too careful," She uttered, feeling this boy had probably had a lot more reasons to be than her own. She let out a muffled sigh. "I wish he was here to entertain you, but I think he's off hunting or suppose to be. You know if you ever wanted to visit you would be more than welcome. It's just a long walk from here." It wasn't a heck of a lot to offer, but maybe if he knew he could see his friend it would put a smile back to his face. He looked defeated again, and no young wolf should look so hopeless, bearing that much weigh. "But you better find your mother first, and sort things with her alright. It's hard you know, trying to be in ten places at once, and I'm sure knowing where you are will help her loads. I would really like to meet her some time too. You would both be welcome to visit." Jaysyek did not see anything wrong with forming alliances, and getting to know wolves outside her borders. It was better to have more ears, and eyes especially in this strange time.

Inactive No Rank
Adonis Aquila
carry on, oh, little lonely prince
Adonis Aquila
Her laugh was pretty. Delicate even to his ears. She didn't talk like his mother, shehad a graceful air around her.That wasn't to say his mother wasn't graceful, she was in her own way, but the white lady had that charm about her that didn't say I get by but more Here I am. She was a comforting wolf, her company though brief, had lifted his spirits just a little and whilst the thought of going back home made him feel sick to his stomach, he was so glad that she offered him to visit. It was a real honour for him, and he found himself looking at her with a smile that crept back upon his face, lifting his sad mood if for just a moment. "Oh. I would like that very much. You're very kind..." he paused, about to say her name but he didn't even have it! How very rude of him. "Gah, sorry. I haven't even asked for your name! I'm so sorry. I'm Adonis and my mother is Naira..." Another pause as he took a breath, and suddenly he could not stop the drivel that came out of his mouth. He didn't mean to let it all slip, but it seemed once he got started there was no stopping until he had finished."I don't know where my Dad is but I think his name is Rhysis. We lost him a long time ago when I was stolen, but me and my mother live with the Poison Path pack now, but I hate it there. My Mum used to be the leader, but I was kidnapped and my parents came to save me and we all got stuck outside and couldn't get home and now we're home that evil White Witch has made my mother the lowest and everyone hates her and no one talks to me and I'm not allowed to tell my brother and sister that I'm their brother and I'm so lonely and I'm so tired of being alone." he took a deep breath, unable to meet her gaze as he let his words replay in his own mind. Crap. He was going to be in trouble, and he offered an apologetic whine in her direction. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I just... I don't have any friends. Ryvet was my only friend and I haven't seen him in so long and I miss him and I don't have anyone else to talk to and you're so nice... Ugh, I'm sorry.. again. I- I'll just go. I'm so sorry." he muttered again, the sincerity clear in his voice as was the weight upon his shoulders as he stood and made ready to make his exit, to ashamed to look at her right now he would be quite happy for the world to swallow him up right about now.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

J a y s y e k

our time is running out
The thoughtful idea did the trick, making it easy for own smile to loom, and grow. She had never seen herself fit for motherhood, but how well she played the role. A child,not even hers, she had to mother too. A wolf who had adopted others as her own it couldn't be a big surprise. Jaysyek was too kind, and caring for her own good. One day it could very well be her down fall. An open mind, and open heart.

She realized too, they had not formally introduced themselves. She was given both his, and his mother's to keep. The leader kept her own mouth closed, though her smile faintly thought about disappearing. What was he going to say? Whatever it was seemed great, a thought that needed voiced. A strange could be a good listener, or at least she. Jayse was unprepared for his tragic tale of twist and turns, all the downs in the story. Her mask had became blank, yet did not lack being thoughtful or attentive when he explained. His world was different in his eyes, and very different from hers. a father lost, whose name he wasn't certain. A point the boy himself had been taken. Then mention of this Poison Path she knew very little about. How she listened, her eyes lit. His mother had been the leader she noted. No name for the White Witch. Another detail not to forget. By the end of it she could see why he didn't want to go back. Why his mother was restless. How would it be a stranger in your own home, to your children. Or in Adonis' case to his own siblings. Jayse let it all sink in, feeling that need to help and yet she didn't think she had all the details, nor the power to do a lot. If they came to the forest who knows. Maybe, his mother wouldn't mention a thing. Maybe, she had plans of her own. The boy how he was sorry, but she merely smiled her soft smile. Then she rose, and stepped closer to the lad. "It's alright Adonis. I see why you are so miserable, I wish I could do more. You speak to your mother, I'm sure she has something in mind. I wouldn't stand for being treated that way in my own pack. I bet if she's like me, if you got your strong heart from her she won't either. Promise me you'll see her, and then you can come see Ryv. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see you again too."

She wasn't sure she could rid him of the shame he felt in confessing, but she had another idea. "I'm Jaysyek by the way. I tell everyone to call me Jayse though. I was just thinking do you know if there's a better spot up here? I can't quite see where I live, I need to show you."

(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2013, 07:46 PM by Jaysyek.)