(See All?) Announcements
891 Users Online
Bing, Google, Jessamy

The Tree-Gobbler — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by xexes who has 83 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Skittles
Skittles last escapade in the Ruins of Wildwood included a nasty run-in with some Poison Path wolves. Having been gone so long, the associations of various pack scents had escaped his mind - even the entire use for them. This included the fact that one should always check for pack scents before wandering into highly secretive, hard to find places that were full of notoriously hostile wolves. But he'd been on his own for so long as a nomad, that he'd forgotten a great many things. The way that his ribs protruded from his skin attested to that fact: no pack wolf would ever be this starved, not even a slave. This was the mark and price that a lone wanderer had to pay.

He'd been wandering about, as he usually did, and found a rather curious scent. It was the smell of Poison Path, but all he could remember was that it was familiar. Familiar things were always comforting to him, as if security blankies. From there, he followed his nose, eyes glued to the ground and taking no notice of the trail that grew ominously darker and more narrow the farther along he went. The scent grew stronger each step, and he felt eager to find out what it was, the excitement akin to arriving at the 'X' on a treasure map. A few times he found himself wandering in the wrong direction, and on those occasions, he doubled back, retraced his steps, and tried to pick up the trail again.

When he looked up, he saw nothing interesting. But finding himself hungry, he wandered over to the nearest tree, gingerly and begrudgingly presented his teeth, and proceeded to slowly clamp his jaws into a young sapling. From there, he began to gnaw out small pieces, take the time to chew them, and swallow. Trees had never tasted very well, and he suspected they might be bad for him, but they did a fine job of quieting his stomach. The motions were comforting, and he tried to imagine himself eating fresh venison rather than nasty tree pulp.

But a lone wolf had to eat what one could. Today's menu had consisted of some grass to quiet an upset stomach from yesterday, two interesting smelling pebbles, a clump of fur, various scat, an unfortunate baby bird, a large grub, and three beetles. Considering the bird was actually red meat, even though it consisted of half a mouth-ful, it had been an extraordinarily good day of hunting as he traveled.
Played by Namara who has 66 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kamota Aurora
Kamota had been running his border patrols as he normally did, the ones that he knew he couldn’t afford to miss without his new alpha, formerly the second, Ash, blowing up at him; he never liked that. Kamota wasn’t having the best of days either, he had no luck with the prey and the official title of Hunter weighed down on him in bits and pieces, but it added up. The strong scent of a loner crossing the borders made him furious, his hackles immediately raised and his tail curling up in the fury. He followed the tail, marching up proud and tall. He was aiming to get this wolf off the territory that he had been patrolling the border of. He found the wolf by a tree and he emitted a warning growl to the wolf before he spoke. ”Get off Poison Path’s territory you blubbering idiot!” One could almost feel the anger in his words.

Sure his words may have been a bit harsh and he might have suffered them, but judging by the state this medium sized wolf looked, he wouldn’t be much of a challenge. He practically demanded submission from the loner with his tail curled up above him. His slightly-yellowed fangs were exposed, more snarls. The idiot had wandered straight onto the pack territory and he would pay for it if he did not leave right now. It was a good thing that Kamota was on time for his patrol today, or else he would have missed the loner scent. A few times he fell behind and was slightly late for his patrols, but never enough to make a difference. It was always by a minute or two, it was always because he had to drag his kill back to camp first. Even though the hunting here were not the best at this time in the year, this was especially since the prey liked to hide in the snow. The snow decided to hide them back and the winter months was a competition for food.
[Image: Kamota-sig01.png]
-Like a phoenix, I rise from the ashes.-
~Anger is a short madness.
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
SOOO, since like, you're trespassing, Ash is instantly going to attack you... SO! I am going to post this thread in the request for the whole fighting system. <33

It was still odd, being alpha around the whole area and having everyone running around. He could not complain though, for every wolf within the pack seemed to be willingly doing their jobs the way they were suppose to, without giving the head guardian, now alpha, any troubles. The poisoned wolves had not had any troubles with the border, at least from what he knew, and if he had not and had ended up finding out, the one who had not told him would have gotten an immediate strike. His striking mossy green eyes stared at the territory around him, his blood instantly turning cold when a familiar scent tickled his nostrils, this was a wolf he had met before, but not one from his pack.. Instinctively, his lips curled back and his fur started to bristle. Just as if he were a ghost he floated along his territory, keeping close to the shadows, thanking the wind spirits for their grace of being in his favor.

When he did enter upon the scene, the male that he saw clicked in his brain. This had been the wolf he had met when he had found Koda and El, quite awhile ago. This had been before Ash had even attacked his sister. He even remembered the odd warning from Nina’s now current mate. In his thinking frenzy he had barely realized that Kamota was there, demanding submission from the wolf. What the fuck? The male had obviously forgotten one of the poisoned wolves laws. One more strike Kamota, then you're out.". His green gaze snapped back to the trespasser, Skittles, his muscles bunching as he sprung for the back of the male, a large snarl, directed at both the trespasser and Kamota. The order was clear to the male, stay out of my way. If he indeed landed then he would swipe his paw across the front of him in an attempt to knock him off balance and possibly cause a few scratches, he just hoped that the creamy wolf had not sensed the guardian when he had pursued his attack.

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2013, 11:57 AM by Ash.)
I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive No Rank
Skittles
Skittles had grown used to his state of low health such that it wasn't anything unusual to feel foggy-headed or slow to process events. It wasn't really often that anything surprised a wolf, either, especially since they were at the top of the food chain.

But what happened next did surprise him. There were Angry Words, Loud Words, Mean words spoken, and he turned to face the words and found a wolf there who had surely spoken them. The words themselves didn't have any meaning until his brain had processed them, and that event finished a few moments later. Instantly, he cowered, making himself small and submissive to the Angry Words. His tail was tucked, his frail body put low to the ground in fear.

About the time that his brain had figured out the meaning, there was a new blur, another wolf rushing in. He was already submitting, but still, he was being attacked. He felt his body crushed by overwhelming weight, and then bowled over onto his belly. He couldn't tell if he was floating in mid air or had gone to hell already. He only knew a few things: he had been attacked, there was Hurt, and that he was afraid.

"KIYAYAE! KAYAYAYAE!", he whimpered and screeched and even screamed as loud as he could. He was afraid to move, he was afraid to run, afraid to do anything more than screech and howl and make as much racket as his lungs could hold breath for. "KIYAYEYE!"

What had he done wrong? Why was he attacked when he was in 'safe' submissive posture? The Angry Words that his brain had finished decoding now bubbled up. Poison Path's territory. Get out. But how could he if he was not allowed to leave? Territory was a word that had seemed forgotten to him, a thing that had borders and housed many wolves. So Poison Path lived here. But why were they so mean and hurtful?

He continued to cower, and rolled on his back, still crying with immense fear and pain. He didn't know what to do, he felt powerless, confused, and hurt. He wanted to leave but he was too scared to move, scared he might get hurt again. At this rate, he might wake the whole forest up to his screaming.

"S-s-scared. Hurt. What if they hurt me again for moving. I want to get out. This is hurt. This is bad. I want to run away but I can't...", he had begun whimpering real words to himself aloud between his screamings, not realizing that he was talking aloud.
(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2013, 05:11 PM by Skittles.)
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
Assuming some things in this post. If I need to change anything please contact me. <33

The loner instantly cowered below him, as the male’s strength knocked him over. There was hurt written over the male’s face, as he could see the realization quickly fall over the man’s face. It did not register in Ash’s mind though, there was no compassion left within him right now. Just anger and instinct screaming in his mind. Kill him! Get it over with. Taking a step forward he bared his fangs at the creamy man, but another voice fought back, a voice that sounded oddly like Nina’s, No, Ash! You’re not like that anymore. Let him go. Conflicted between what his body wanted and what his sister’s voice ringing in his head, he winced slightly, as if unsure of what he was suppose to do anymore. Pulling back his lips to reveal his canine’s once more, his deep rumbling voice loud and threatening, “Get. Off. My. Territory. NOW!” His head and tail raised in anger as he watched as the man ran off.

Turning on Kamota, his fur bristled. This time was no time for Ash to give the man mercy. He had disobeyed one of the laws of the Poisoned wolves. He snarled at his subordinate, and slammed a paw threateningly in front of him, almost demanding the man to cower under him and to submit. He growled to the boy, “Are you shitting me, Kamota? One of our laws states that any wolf found inside our borders without the marking scent is to be attacked immediately, but instead you decide to say something to it? That’s two strikes, another and you’re out of here, do you understand me?” His fangs were bared at the man in front of him, his words holding strength and power within them. He reminded himself quickly in his mind though, he would not always be the leading male, he was simply not suited for the job, and this show of aggression clearly showed that. Glaring down at the Laaylani sibling he snorted, his stance completely dominant.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive No Rank
Skittles
There was more noise, loud words, angry words, and shouting. And he hurt. Every bone and muscle inside him ached with pain, and if they didn't ache with pain - and they did, they ached with hunger.

His brain began to process his surroundings again, doing its best to ignore his nerves. He was bowled over, his snout caked in dirt and some mud, and all of his pelt thoroughly dirty. He probably smelled like month-old undergarments. But were his paws and ears and eyes intact? He flexed each one as he lay there submissively. He discovered that they were all there. Perhaps things weren't so very bad. He had stopped yelping, and was now whimpering. His own voice was the only comfort to him as he trembled with fear and anxiety. But nothing seemed to happen now. The man that had attacked him was talking again, but to someone else, almost as if distracted.

Now that his tired and hungry mind had some more space to think, it began to process the man's words. The words told him to leave. He quickly rolled to his feet, finding them unsteady but still present. The first step was always the hardest, wobbly, and full of fear. But with his tail tucked underneath him so far it hurt, he managed. The second step, too, was shaky. Then the third, fourth... he was walking.

He broke into a run, headed back the exact same trail that he had walked in, eager to leave this place.

-- exit--