(See All?) Announcements
724 Users Online
Google, Bing

Is that a Shadow? — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kara who has 18 posts.
Inactive
Canttina Cael
The huge fae stared at the ground as it passed under her. She lurked along the side of the water, bits of willow branches brushing her fur. The muscular female's fur swayed in the slight breeze that wove around her. Her pointed ears flicking at the sounds of the forest. Her nose twitched as she breathed in the fresh scent of Wolf, many have been here. She hoped to run into someone, this is why she was here. She has always been a lone Wolf. The haunted fae was surrounded by death and sadness. She wished to escape most of that, hopefully changing her ways. Her mindset was accepting change, but would she? These thoughts slipped in and out of her mind as she lurked around the willow infested lagoon.

She stopped at the water front and sat with a thud. She stared at the water below her, she looked at her reflection with a sigh. She was cursed with such dark looks. Her beaming yellow eyes making her look rabid. Her large fangs and dark pelt made her look like a killer. She wasn't any less then this accusation, but she did not want everyone to read her so well, she was not a book.

The stocky femme placed a paw in the water, testing the coldness. It was cold from the brisk feeling today. It was very cold, Canttina growled to herself, the one time she might want to go for a little adventure into the water it has to be deathly cold. She got up, a growl rumbling through her chest continuously. Her eyes narrowing, she seemed to get like this a lot. Her temper always getting the best of her. She began to lurk around again, her paws on the edge of the water. Her eyes scanning the ground again, waiting for any signs of Wolves.<
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Her legs were strong now. Her body was healed and healthy again. Narimé was not going to just sit around forever in Willow territory. She had made that clear by joining the pack hunt. Now she was working her way around the territory outside of the borders searching for a lone deer or something to help with the caches. Her blue eyes danced as she gazed across the lightly forested landscape. While her nose twitched at every new scent that crossed it.

Her head jerked sideways when the scent of a wolf caught her nose. Stopping in her tracks Nari lifted her head scenting the air and sampling the wind direction. Then she turned her gray head to the right and looked for the loner that was ambling around. I wonder if she's looking for food or shelter.. Nari questioned herself as she began padding in the direction of the loners scent.

She finally spotted the she wolf at the water's edge. Her dark coat making it slightly hard for Narimé to miss the she wolf against the lightly snow covered ground. Padding closer to the she wolf Nari readied herself for a bad encounter. She knew that not all wolves liked to be talked to or bothered. Any wolf who was a loner should be treated cautiously but also respectfully.

As the young silver woman padded up she let out a woof to assure the female that she was not alone. Then Nari set her tail out lifted neutrally behind her and paused about four or so feet away from the stranger.

"Hello there. You looking for something?" Nari raised an eyebrow questioningly but her tone was somewhat joking and friendly. Though her body was tense waiting for a problem to arise. "My name is Narimé Lagina Thorben. I'm a hunter from Willow Ridge, and you seem like you're heading our direction. Are you looking for food? Or pack?" She left her question hanging in the air wondering if the she wolf would be calm or aggressive.

Inactive
Canttina Cael
The large brown fae stared into the water. Her beaming yellow eyes staring into her own. She sniffed the air and the yellow orbs widened. Someone was near! She got up and tilted her nose up, Her head whipped around and she saw a gray female looking at her. Canttina tilted her head, a creepy smile spread across her lips. She licked her fangs with a long tongue. She turned her body to the stranger as a soft voice entered her ears, "Hello there. You looking for something?" Canttina snickered gently, looking for something, yes she was. She always is, her mind. The mind that has fled her skull, she has been looking for ages. She slowly padded to the female as another soft voice entered her ears, the same one, "My name is Narimé Lagina Thorben. I'm a hunter from Willow Ridge, and you seem like you're heading our direction. Are you looking for food? Or pack?"

Canttina stood only a few tail lengths away from the stranger, "You see, I am looking for lots of things. A pack and food..those are touchy things. I just consumed some Rabbit I caught so the demons in my belly are satisfied. The pack..hmmm. I don't know just yet, I am looking for one, but they must..accept me." Her voice was gentle yet harsh all at the same time. It was a voice you heard as she sleep and night terrors filled your mind. She let a paw tense and claws extend, she let out a long sigh, her mouth widened and warm air escaped her muzzle with a soft gasp. She flashed long, yellowing fangs to the female before her. "What are -you- looking for?" A mysterious expression twinkled in her yellow eyes.
(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2013, 10:45 PM by Canttina.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

The longer Narimé watched the stranger checking her reactions and watching for the womans mood to sour the more Nari grew wary of the loner. Especially after the she wolf answered. A longer answer than Nari was used to getting from loners. The way the woman spoke. Was odd to her, but the silver hunter kept her mind open. This could still be a good wolf for Elettra and the pack. Circumstances as they were, Nari knew Willow Ridge would be losing more than just herself when spring came. They would need another good hunter to help feed El's pups.

Then the woman asked a question back. "What are you looking for?" What am I looking for? She repeated in her head mulling over an answer. She had been out to look for prey close to home. Not wanting to wander back out into Hush meadow and fall through the earth again. Even if that was the best place to hunt deer. She decided to answer the question fully, for her present actions and future movements.

"I am looking for food close to home right now. Though i found you here. Which is possibly a good thing. Then I'll be heading home soon." She paused looking over the healthy she wolf. "Our pack could use you. i can take you back to the border and call for the alpha if you really are looking for a family to join. As for them accepting you... No matter your temperament or your morals.. As long as you can help the pack in some way, say hunting. So long as you stay loyal, Elettra my alpha should accept you. She will be needing a replacement for me come Spring anyway..." Nari hinted her plans on leaving but did not continue speaking about it. She would only answer if the woman asked about it.

She was far more interested in if this loner would become a potential pack mate. Or if she would want to leave..

Inactive
Canttina Cael
Did the fae with the lost mind want to join this so called pack? This nice female stated that the leader did not mind the personality you held, as long as you helped the pack. Canttina could do that, she is a natural born killer. She could be an excellent warrior for the group. But, did she want the burden of so many annoying, pesky, Wolves around her? Her temper has a non-existant fuse that when lit more then often turned up bloody. Canttina let her tongue glide over her long fangs and a soft yawn escape her muzzle.

"Take me to this pack. I shall see if they are my..type." She spoke in a soft tone, but growl infused. She began to pad to the female, slowly, her tail skimming across the white snow beneath her. The dark fae walked past the fae and snapped her teeth at the wind. She looked around, "M-maybe I could catch you something on the way, since you have -yet- to do so." Canttina looked back at the female, a smirk upon her lips. She laughed loudly before looking forward, "Well, lets g-go."
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Indeed this female was starting to give Nari the creeps. Just her mannerisms alone had Nari's hackles rising, which she caught in time to force them flat. Though she hoped El could see some use for her. Nari wondered what the womans name was. She had yet to divulge that bit of information.

"Take me to this pack. I shall see if they are my..type."

Her growl caused another bout of hackle rising which Nari forced flat again. Then as the woman walked past she snapped at the air in front of her causing Nari to lift her head with ears forward watching her carefuly. Nari might have been taller and better fed but this woman had a length to her that she could not match. That length spoke of muscle and fighting ability. Nari noted all of this and pulled her lip up to let one of her fangs show in warning. Then she shook her ruff and forced herself to relax again smoothing out her face.

It was wolves like this that Nari typically meets once then avoids further encounters with. Though she had to say, wolves like this made very good guards once they were well fed. Perhaps she would make a better guardian than a hunter. She sighed then followed the she wolf. It would be nice if they could get something to bring back to the caches. Plus it would give the loner better standing with Elettra.

"A few rabbits would be good for now. Nothing too large to carry back.." She commented while carefully watching the she wolf padding infront of her.

Inactive
Canttina Cael
Canttina rolled her shoulders, lurking forward. Her tail skimming along the white blanket beneath her, her shaggy fur shifting with each step. The fae behind her eye's were peering into Canttina's back. She was a jumpy female, was Canttina really that creepy? "I d-don't believe I am that creepy. D-do I have Rabbit in my teeth? B-bad breath? Maybe I should relax.." She spoke in a gentle voice, to herself.

Her paws sunk into the snow with each step, light flakes of the white substance fell upon her dark coat. The female behind her spoke again, mentioning Rabbits would be better. Canttina grinned and spun around, "Lets c-catch something larger! A....Buffalo! O-or Alligator!" Her tail whipped around, a creepy smile on her lips. She tilted her head, "Let go!" She laughed lowly.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Despite the females oddness Nari was glad to know that she had a good sense of humor. Or at least she thought it was humor. For once Narimé was able to keep her fur flat without a problem and she shared the joking smile the stranger had upon her maw.

"An Alligator? I don't even know what that is.. Some kind of bird?" She chuckled while padding along behind the female. The curious ache still banging around in her head. What was the females name?

Finally Nari couldn't hold back. Besides, shouldn't she know the name of someone who might join the pack? With a huff she spoke her mind to the loner.

"So what's your name anyway? If I may ask." She politely uttered her question while tipping her head upward to scent the air for a meal.

All she could scent was bird. Which was rather strange since normally the smell of bird wasn't strong. It caught Nari's attention and brought her eyes to the ground to look for tracks. What kind of bird left this much scent on the ground? It was as if they were traveling along the ground instead of flying.

It was then that the scent clicked in her head. She had hunted these once before. A long time ago, but nonetheless she had even caught one. Turkeys. I wonder if we'll find the main troop of turkeys somewhere ahead?

"If you are interested in hard to catch game I can smell turkeys somewhere ahead of us." She told the female and waited to see if she would be interested in large feathered prey.

Inactive
Canttina Cael

Her tail whipped around and she pranced around the gray female. She was trotting in circles, "Turkeys! Lets do it! Lead the way Miss Wolfy! She smiled slightly, waiting for the gray woman to move. Her eyes skipped around, the demons in her mind were going wild. But, she was trying her hardest to ignore them. If she didn't she would be tearing the life out of the female before her. "Oh! The names Cael Canttina, Canttina Cael, Tinacan, Leac, anything really. Canttina would do though." She laughed harshly, running around the female, she did not know why. Her mind was on overdrive, she got like this. Her moods were like fire and ice. One moment excited, the other ready to kill everything.

"speeeeech"
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Narimé recognized the look that changed in the woman's eyes. That need. Blood lust. She herself experienced it while hunting many times. Though normally Nari felt it during a hunt when she was close to taking a piece out of the prey. This female already had blood lust and they hadn't even found the turkeys yet.

She paused nodding at the female as she hopped around dancing in circles. Nari was a bit confused at "Cantinna's sudden change in personality. The dark wolf was very excited now but the same uneasiness wound through Nari. She kept herself tense both for the coming hunt and to keep herself vigilant should her worries about the strange female come true.

Taking the lead this time Nari padded forward searching the ground for the turkey tracks and signs. She could smell the creatures trail. Which was easy enough to follow. It was just trying to creep up on them without them seeing that was the problem. Hopefully there would be enough cover to stalk them. Or else they would be chasing them for a little while as the damn birds hopped around flying a few hundred feet at a time.

Stalking forward through the brush and darting from willow to willow she finally spotted the birds foraging ahead of them. Pausing she flicked her tail to show the female where the feathered creatures were.

"The males are easier to go for cause they are heavier. More tail feathers keeps them from flying fast or far. Go for them not the females. Try to stalk up as close as you can then sprint as fast as possible and leap." She gave her advice then nodded to start the hunt. Padding forward Nari crept as close as she dared. Pin pointing a large tom who was displaying to a female.

Strange. It's still winter.. maybe.. they know spring is coming sooner rather than later? She paused watching Cantinna's movements. Then darted forward pushing her body as far and fast as she could towards her turkey.