(See All?) Announcements
606 Users Online
Bing, Google

Back to the Dark — Secret Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

She hadn't been back in that part of the meadow for more than a month. Her curiosity about the place won over her wariness of the dangers she knew were there. At least this time she knew the way back out.

Narimé had originally gone to Hush meadow to hunt. This time she was lucky to find a herd of elk nearby. It was good to know that they were there and Nari was happy to see that her pack would have more of an opportunity to hunt. She scouted around making sure of their location and watching to see where they were headed. Later she would call for her pack mates from the Willows to head out hunting.

With her job done Narimé had begun heading back to Drooping Willows. However she was sidetracked by the knowledge that the cavern was right nearby just sitting there waiting for someone to come across it.

So she turned around and headed up the treeline towards the entrance. Careful to note where the old hole was in the caves ceiling. Nari did not want to fall down that hole again. About thirty minutes later and she was trotting through the thin patch of forest that divided Hush Meadow and Whisper Marsh. It was there in the elevated forest that she knew the cave entrance lie.

She had no real reason to explore it. Just a need to look through the rest of the area's she had not seen. For some reason Narimé wanted to know all of the earth under the meadows surface. Is that so strange? To want to fully understand the very thing that both awes and scares you? She asked herself pausing before the caves gaping mouth.

Quickly she looked behind her to see if anyone else was around. Then she padded into the dark trying to find a reason for her being there. A reason for her to have found this place.

(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2013, 04:12 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Ghoff who has 83 posts.
No Rank
Simaea Nite
Simaea trekked wearily through the meadow, keeping as hidden as she could, making her dark form as slight as possible, when she spied a she wolf heading towards something. Simaea's curious nature outweighing her fear pressed her forwards, behind the she wolf careful not to disturb her, she would wait until the silvery wolf had come to a stop. She followed silent from a distance eyes darting back and forth constantly in fear, she hated being in the open, the black she wolf felt so, vulnerable out here. Eventually cover came in the form of trees and slopes until the silver fae stopped for a moment and just as Simaea's head rose to greet her she disappeared? The coal pelted yearling stopped dead, it was as if she had just walked into nothingness, as if the forest had swallowed her whole!

Fear began to make the yearling shake violently, but she had to know just what had happened. So against her best interest she crept to where she had last seen the female until she came upon a ... hole? Is it den? is it dangerous? should I go in? Questions plagued her mind and made her eyes shut tightly as she tried to decide what to do, until a flash of steel determination lanced through her spine. I have to find him, if I don't, he will never know his blood lives on. So Simaea craned her neck into the entrance, and tentatively called out to the she wolf, " Hello? Can you help me I'm lost." She tried to keep her voice as light as possible but the sound still echoed eerily into the darkness and unnerved her. So much so that the dark girl turned her body poised to flee if need be.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

She hadn't gone too far into the cave's depths until a voice sounded echoing around her. Nari's gray ears swiveled searching out for the grating voice. It sounded like a wolf was talking while trying to swallow rocks at the same time. Though the voice sounded questioning and non aggressive. Narimé sighed, sad that her little (or large) secret place had been found. She turned her nose towards the entrance again scenting the breeze that came to her. A young female's scent came to her, and she had no pack scent.

What would a young wolf like her be doing alone? Shouldn't she be with a pack? the silver hunter woofed a "I'm coming." To the wolf and began trotting around the corner of the large tunnel into the far end of the entrance. She spotted the silhouette of a wolf standing by the entrance and put on a smile for the stranger. Carefully she padded forward so as not to scare the she wolf, her tail hanging comfortably with a slight wag. Her body position was kept neutral spare for her slightly lifted head. Though she did not exude the confidence that she tried to show.

Maybe she's looking for a pack? Maybe.. The idea popped into her head. Nari knew that her time was quickly coming to an end in the Willow pack. She would have to find trusted wolves to join her and [@Sloane] soon. Maybe.. If she proves to be a good wolf. Someone so young shouldn't be a loner.. She knew that being a loner was hard for a youngster. Nari had gone through that herself once.

Soon the silver fea was at the opening of the cave closing her eyes a little letting them get used to the light again. Now that she could see the she wolf Nari was assured by her previous thoughts. This dark female had gone through quite a bit of trouble it seemed. Narimé only glanced at her scars for a moment than took her eyes away to be polite. Then she smiled and nodded her head in greeting.

"Hello there." She struggled to keep herself from lowering her body like she used to do for every wolf she met. A leader does not do that.. the silver girl told herself while keeping her head tipped up a bit trying to mirror the confidence [@Elettra] always had. Truth be told it was very hard to do.

"You said you were lost.. Well.. I know my way around this land. Is there a specific place you are trying to go?." She asked cocking her head a bit hoping the female wouldn't say "I'm looking for my pack."

"My name is Narimé Lagina Thorben just so you know.." She gave the wolf a questioning look waiting for a name from the dark wolf.

No Rank
Simaea Nite
(keep in mind at a later date she will not be so fearful, so this won't be her regular way when the pack gets started.)

IC:

Moments passed as Simaea began to fear whoever would come from the depths of the cavern. What if it's not the she wolf? what if she tries to kill me too? Panicked thoughts raged through her mind as she heard a voice responding to her from the darkness. Her body began to shake even more fiercely as the silver fae stepped from the shadows larger than Simaea. Great, I'm dead. she thought, she lowered herself and cocked her head to one side to expose her neck before the female even spoke. Simi caught the pack scent on her fur, and screwed her eyes up convinced she was about to hear judgement instead of friendliness. But when the words came they were not judgement, they were kind, there was no challenge. The big silvery wolf offered her name and Simaea was relieved a little, she stopped shaking so much though there was a very subtle vibration in her paws.

"Narime, that's a pretty name, I like it." she tried so hard to keep her voice light but it still came out sounding wretched and torn. Always wretched and it was awful, Simi hated the sound of her voice so. " My name is Simaea Nite, I'm t-t-trying to find my b-b-brother, he has blue eyes a-and one has some green in it, he's black, l-like me." get a hold of yourself and stop stuttering she thought. The dark yearling slowly rose a little bit and finished, making her voice ring as strong as she could, "I know he's here, he has to be because I'm terrified but I don't want to leave, are their pack somewhere where I could find him?" She never let her eyes travel up to Nari's keeping her stance low for this wolf was easily the dominant in this interaction, she let out a small whimper and tried to shake herself, Be strong dammit Simi.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Nari listened wondering if this she wolfs brother had come to Relic Lore. It was possible, as far as Narimé had seen, especially if the female had followed his scent or rumors of his presence here. That was the way Isen had followed her sister Ashanti here, and of course Nari tried to help her. However the silver wolf had yet to see Isen a second time to tell her the good news. It was almost as if the wolf had disappeared.

She herself had known that her father was heading north and so traveled north into Lore to find him. Unfortunately that story had not ended well. Closing her blue eyes Nari heaved a sigh then set her gaze upon the black she wolf. She tried to find a good answer for the young woman that was very much like herself.

"Thank you. I like my name too.." She remembered her father telling her that it meant something in some language not spoken for a long time, but niether he nor she knew what it meant. Only her deceased mother had known.

"It's good to meet you Simea, but..well.. There are a lot of packs in Lore, and more being made every season..." She sighed. It would not be easy to find this girls brother. At least she knew what he looked like. "I can help you look for him if you'd like? I know my way around most of the land and I can take you to many of the packs.." She offered knowing that this would most likely be a very long journey if the female accepted the offer. Nari would have to tell Elettra about it first, plus ask her pack mates about the missing brothers appearrance. Perhaps one of them had seen him.

"I know of one pack among the mountains called Poison Path, My current pack called Willow Ridge near the Drooping Willows, Grizzly Hollow in the cedarwood forest, and Swift River. Though I don't know where Swift River is, I have yet to travel there. Then there is a new pack far in the northern thickets called Secret Woodlands pack, and... well... In the Spring I will be starting a new pack with my mate.. someplace..." She summed up the packs all at once for the girl so that she would know exactly how hard it was going to be to find her brother. Then Nari glanced at the cave behind her and idea forming in her head.

Would this make a good den maybe? She ran over the routes of the tunnels in her head noting the dangerous ones where deep crevices or water lie. Even so its only past the main room in the cave where the tunnels get dangerous. maybe... I could..block the dangerous tunnels? With brambles? Or something.. Her tail wagged, Nari was excited. She knew that there ws water in the cave, and likely that groundwater would not dry up in summer like the marsh might. However there were plenty of dry places too. Lots of hiding spots for keeping caches or herbal stores, and a whole pack could fit easily within the first room.

Suddenly Nari realized that she had been staring off into the cave for a few minutes with her tail wagging. Quickly she turned her atention back to the female, her mood lightened and a glad smile on her maw.

No Rank
Simaea Nite
Simaea listened, as the silvery she wolf spoke and began to shake less, and rise more, until at last she was standing up, she looked calm for the first time since leaving her homeland. She's kind to me, she did not snap, nor did she swipe or threaten she is going to help me find him! Oh her heart leaped with joy, and for once in a very long time the black yearlings eyes were alight with the flames of hope. The dark girl's tail began to wag furiously as the silver fae spoke it was what she had been hoping to here. Something made her sure she would find him, she had to, now if Narime could help her it would only reinforce her thoughts of success. I was almost too good to be true, but she knew it was, and that it really could happen.

"You'd do that, for me?" Simaea asked, looking up at her in disbelief. Just as her silvery head turned back towards the black fae, she looked up at Narime, with a look of almost wonder that one could make such an offer. Kindness was nearly entirely unknown to the girl, her healer had of course been very kind to her, but once she left there, Simaea knew nothing but ridicule for her voice and she was always cast aside due to her scars, deemed worthless. Everywhere she had been they had all turned her away, for they wanted nature to take one scarred such as she, there was no healing to be had for the poor girls soul. Up until this very moment, it had taken nothing more than kind words and an offer to help, and there was a very small ray of hope, shining light into her heart.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

A smile touched her lips as Nari's blue eyes were greeted with the wagging of Simea's black tail. Disbelief shown in the young womans eyes while Narimé nodded. Maybe she'll wait a few days with me for Sloena to come and we can all go together. She thought quietly while shifting to a more comfortable position.

"Yes I'll be glad to help. Especially since you've been so nice! It's rare to find good wolves such as yourself in this world. I'll do anything I can to try and help a friend. If you'll have me of course." She grinned. There were many that Narimé respected, trusted, and found interesting, but few who she would truly come to call friend. Most of those being in Willow Ridge. She hoped to add one more kind hearted wolf onto that list.

"I can also offer you and your brother a home. In the next week my mate will come for me, and I'm sure he'll also agree to help you. If only you'll wait a little longer till I'm free. A few days or so.." She pitched the idea hoping the girl wasn't in too much of a hurry. Besides three pairs of searching eyes were better than one. And Sloane has been a leader for a short while. He may have seen a loner that matched her brothers description. She reasoned out in her head while excitedly waiting for the ebony wolfs answer.

No Rank
Simaea Nite
Lol she thinks Nari owns the cave XD
------------------------------------------------

Simaea's heart soared as Narime spoke, she would still have help after all. She could find her brother, and maybe they could even be in a pack together. Simaea's face remained alight in her happiness and her joy at finding assistance, when Narime offered more yet. He mate would help, and she wanted to be Simi's friend? She nearly began to get nervous again at such kindness. It was completely unfathomable by the girl, she had no idea that such kindness existed in the world. For a moment the dark girl was lost for words while her eyes stared almost blankly at the silvery fae, and her mind wandered into thoughts of her brother. Times they could have under Narime and her mates guidance in a pack, with safety and no concerns about weather or not they would be attacked.

"Thank you, Narime, I don't know what else to say but, of course I'll wait for you, and I would love to meet your mate!" The black she-wolf's tail wagged about behind her and for the first time in months she felt warmth of friendship towards another. It was a nice feeling to have, and Simaea was grateful to feel something other than fear. Now having no idea, that the cavern was in fact unclaimed territory she asked, "Could, I maybe use your cave until you are ready? Just so it's warm?" The yearling hated asking for things like that, but she had no choice if she didn't have somewhere she would freeze before she was even able to look for her lost brother.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

She nodded again. Though technically it wasn't hers yet. The cave was a good place for her to stay until Sloane came for Nari. Then they could both come back and help Simea. However Nari had to at least show the back female the safe area's and the dangerous tunnels. Just in case.

"Hehhe..The cave is free for anyone to use. Though you should know your way around if you plan on looking around the place. There's some dangerous tunnels further below." She turned her head and looked back into the darkness again. Perhaps she would get a chance to explore some more, but this time with a companion to keep her company. Plus the knowledge of how to get out.

Stepping forward into the shadows of the earth Nari flicked her tail inviting Simea along. They could explore together. Narimé trusting the black fea to watch her silvery back. Her gray claws dug into the dirt floor of the cave itching to explore the unknown. She hoped there were more safe tunnels with more of those pillars and stone spikes sticking up from the ground.

"I was actually going to look around the last few tunnels I hadn't explored last time I was here. Why don't you come with me on a tour?" She looked over her shoulder at the dark girl tipping her head to one side. "After that I'll bring you to the entrance and leave. I have to get my scouting job done and alert my Willow Pack mates where the elk are." She finished while gazing at the black silhouette of her new friend.

We can have it fade out whenever you want.

No Rank
Simaea Nite
(See how you feel after this post, and just PM if you'd like to fade it out)

Simaea had never known anything like friendship, loyalty, or love, but she knew what kinship felt like, and it was her driving force behind her search for the brother she had lost. It was a powerful pull, something that held her heart and whispered strength into it. She felt a shiver of this same emotion with the silvery wolf that led the way into the blackness of the cave. Though it was not a strong as the determined push she had made to find her brother it was still a whisper of that same feeling. Simi did worry about what would happen if she found him, questions of whether or not he would stay with his sister or not seemed to plague her mind. What if he has a pack and they won't accept me, will he leave? Fear of what would happen crept up her spine.

But one glance at Narime stole it away for she had found someone who accepted her, for the way that she was. The silvery girl had offered her a home, and just maybe even without her brother things would work out... but she just had to find him. Narime's words brought her pack to the moment and her fur got a little hot in embarrassment for not knowing. She let out an embarrassed kind of noise between a groan and a laugh and just let one side of her mouth raise in a cockeyed little smile before following the silvery female into cave, and It had to be the most beautiful thing that the young she wolf had ever seen. As she padded in she breathed a sigh of relief for at last she had found a wolf whom she could call "friend", and it warmed her poor heart and soothed her battered mind.