(See All?) Announcements
324 Users Online
Bing, Chan, Google, Eclypse

you spin me right round — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
He shifted slightly as she moved to the bush, watching curiously as she ate the berry. Their reactions were so different, though hers spoke a bit louder than his had. "I can tell." His brows rose, and he stifled a laugh, not wanting to be rude, since he had been the one to ask.

It was then he decided to travel into foolproof territory. Questions that weren't necessarily interesting, but perhaps he'd get something out of her other than seemingly chilly silence. "Have you been...Lived here long, Terra?" Alex asked, circling away from the bush, and settling himself on the ground, rolling a bone between his paws to gnaw absentmindedly at.

Played by Katie who has 13 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Terra
<blockquote>Chilly silence was her specialty. In fact, Terra was surprised that her male companion had tolerated her quietness for as long as he had. There was something about him that indicated he wanted more words than what she was providing him with. One of her ashen brows quirked upwards with mild curiosity. <b>“I thought you weren’t a fan?”</b> she asked, recalling his words from only minutes before.

Her eyes trailed after him idly as he moved away to rest on the ground with a bone clutched between his capable paws. For a brief moment Terra considered joining him, but she decided quickly that she would remain where she was after lowering her ebony haunches to the ground beside the bush. To his question, she shook her head. <b>“A day or two.”</b> It was nothing, she knew. She knew next to nothing about the land or its history. <b>“And yourself?”</b></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
"Hm?" Alexander swiftly shook his head. "I don't...I just thought it was funny." His ears twisted off to the sides in mild embarrassment, "My reaction was pretty much the same." He placed his chin on the bone, and stared up at her, alert again, expectant for her answer. He felt much better now, being able to speak. She didn't seem to mind it, thankfully, though he made a note to try to limit his word count.

"Just about the same. It's a rather interesting, pretty place." It was totally different compared to his old home. There, he'd almost never seen the stars because of all the lights from those huge rectangular structures. It felt much cleaner here, as well. "I used to live near a city, a human place. It's...More natural here, I guess."

Inactive No Rank
Terra
<blockquote>So, he thought she was funny. Ebony lobes swiveled forward to catch his words as a humored smirk inched its way across her muzzle. <b>“They’re repulsive,”</b> she concluded, her voice firm. That left no room for argument, though she doubted Alexander would disagree. The berry’s acidic taste had been most unpleasant upon her tongue. It was no substitute for the rich, hearty taste of blood and meat.

It turned out that they had been in the area for roughly the same amount of time, but his opinion of the place was fond. Terra lifted her sculpted head to scan the scenery with narrow, calculating eyes. Honestly, she didn’t think it to be that great. In fact, she was rather bored. Nothing interesting had happened to her, at least not yet. His strange vocabulary was what drew her attention back to this pale features, a quizzical expression surfacing upon her face. <b>“City? Humans?”</b> She didn’t have the slightest clue what those words meant.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
The surprise on his companion's face too him by surprise, and he remembered that not all wolves had grown up where he had, or even near it. "Humans are these animals that walk on two legs, and don't have any fur. They hoard things, and make an awful sort of smell and noise." Despite his harsh words, he spoke with fondness. It was the things they hoarded that he loved, and they were rather interesting beings to watch.

"A city is where they live. Brightly lit all the time, and extraordinarily loud. I rarely saw the stars." The brute chuckled, giving the bone an absentminded chew, before going on, "In comparison, this place is wonderful. Although I miss my home, I can easily say this is where I'm meant to be." Letting the bone drop to the earth, Alexander nodded.

Inactive No Rank
Terra
<blockquote>The look on her face might have appeared bored, but anyone who knew Terra well enough could tell she was listening intently. Ebony audits were cupped towards Alexander as he spoke of humans and cities, blue-green eyes sparking with curiosity. Two-legged, smelly creatures did not sound appealing in the least. Her brows furrowed and she shook her head calmly. The way Alexander described them made Terra’s stomach coil with disgust. She almost regretted asking.

Cities didn’t seem any better. Terra couldn’t stand loud noises; she preferred quiet and solitude. <b>“I feel bad for you,”</b> she drawled, studying him as he concluded his explanation. If every land in Relic Lore was as easygoing as these berry fields, perhaps the place would grow on her. She had her doubts, but one could never be so sure. Anything was better than the god-awful place Alexander had described.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
As Terra shook her head, Alexander simply chuckled, "I can't disagree with you there." The thing was, that place had been his home. He'd been used to the noise and the smell, and the hairless two-legged things marching around. And he'd liked it. It was weird how quickly one could just change their mind. This place felt like a place where a wolf was supposed to live. He liked it.

"The humans carried around some interesting things, though. They're the reason I'm here in the first place, too, so...I can't hate them too much." Or at all. They were smelly and loud, but he had no quarrel against them. "How about you?" His eyes widened a little bit in curiosity, and his ears pricked forward, intent and listening.

Inactive No Rank
Terra
<blockquote>As far as Terra was concerned, there was no point in dealing with humans. They sounded like true-blooded, repulsive beasts. She would do her best to avoid them at all costs, though she figured it wouldn’t be too hard of a task considering how she hadn’t even heard of them up until then. Alexander admitted that he didn’t have a reason to hate them; they were the reason he had wound up in Relic Lore to begin with. Terra didn’t understand how that was possible, but she didn’t question it.

He inquired about her origins, and although she was reluctant to dish out such personal information, she decided to give him a short summary. That couldn’t hurt, right? <b>“I come from a place called Valentine’s Keep,”</b> she confessed, vibrant orbs flickering with distaste. Even her voice was tinged with spite. <b>“It was a shit hole.”</b> The ebony rogue shrugged loosely, content with her remark despite the fact that it lacked eloquence.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
"A shit hole?" Alexander chuckled, though finely tuned self-control was keeping him from straight out cackling. "From the name, I imagined something nicer." She didn't seem at all shaken by her own words, which gave Alexander quite a lot to guess. Other than the fact that she seemed to completely hate it, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to get anything else.

Not like it was any of his business anyway.

He looked sympathetic, though there was still obvious curiosity in his posture. Every inch of him seemed to be leaning forward, desperate to know more. "If you don't mind me asking," He pulled himself back a bit, "why was it a shit hole?" He then internally braced himself for some backlash, which, admittedly, he felt that he deserved for being nosy, since she didn't appear to be the type to talk much in the first place.