something almost forgotten — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
i try to kill it all away,
Fenru Tainn
but i remember everything

This Tali Callow made a boyish grin appear on his face. "Just... Just Fenru," he gently correctly her. "Or Fen if you'd like." His eyes went briefly to the afternoon sun just starting to climb above them. "Um," he started. "A few friends of mine had grown up there. I... I haven't seen them in a long time though."

His smile softened. "We... I was just a cub then when I met them. Maybe one day I'll see 'em again, but not today." Not while my youngest sister still needs me... He moved to head back the way he had come but he did not turn his back away from her. "I live in the east," he revealed. "If you're headed that way I'd be glad to walk with you, unless you were hoping to try your luck with the Hollow wolves."

"Nothing wrong with that," he quickly added. "I hear they're a strong bunch, loyal through and through. My family is considered an ally of theirs." He fell quiet, thinking himself to be quite a blabber mouth; and, the more he talked, the more he discovered that all his small talk consisted of talk of his pack. After all, it was all he had ever known aside from the couple of small adventures he had taken. "If I don't start heading back soon, I'll be caught outside the borders at nightfall. With the rivers swollen from the recent rainstorms, it's kinda a pain to get across in the dark."

He thought about bidding her goodbye, wondering if the journey really was as bad as he said it would be if he stayed any longer than he should have. He took into consideration that he had been the first wolf she had seen in months (maybe the influence of the wolves in the mountains had actually taken quite a toll on the lands outside of Relic Lore as well, seeing as most creatures were fleeing to the west). He thoughtfully gazed downward, then looked to her again as he wholeheartedly proffered, "You're welcome to come with me."

SWIFT RIVER
template made by GINNYSAURUS. of RPG-D.

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Pinn who has 24 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Tali Callow
This new acquaintance of hers had been so kind to her. Not only had he shown concern for her, but he had also been so sweet. "I like Fenru." Tali's voice brimming with exuberance. "I think you will see them again." The optimism she was feeling was apparent. She had to believe for him and for herself that he would find his long lost friends, for she too had lost loved ones. Watching as he made to leave, she felt her heart drop. She knew it couldn't last forever, but the few minutes she had spent with him meant the world to her. "I'm.. not really headed anywhere." Her voice was a notch or two quieter than it had been. "I've mostly been wandering with no real intentions."

There was something in his voice when he talked of his loved ones. It was warm, safe, inviting. One day she hoped someone would speak of her like that. Lost in her own thoughts she almost missed what he said when he began again. Assuming he was trying to give her a que to leave, she stepped back, but her paws felt heavy. It was as if her body were protesting the commands she was giving them. "Oh that would be terrible. Yeah you should get going.." She paused, waiting to hear his goodbyes, but instead came a question. One that made her feet lighter, and her smile bigger.

"I mean.. I would love to, really, but won't you be in trouble? I can't just come with you.. I don't want you to face any repercussions because of me." It had been her experience from the pack she was born into that you weren't to come home with any other wolf's scent on you, or there would be severe punishment. Tali's mind was a whirlwind of debating the pros and cons of staying. She couldn't help but want to go with him, but a small part of her that told her to stay on the safe side, right where she was.
Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata

You're welcome to add one more post to wrap this up; if not, feel free to go ahead and request LP for the thread! :D

i try to kill it all away,
Fenru Tainn
but i remember everything

"I hope so," he murmured, thinking not just particularly of Arlette but of Arlette's siblings, the siblings that were both his and her age-mates. Perhaps one day he would be the one to extend the proposal of their packs continuing to be allies. Tali stated that she was not going anywhere in particular and, again, he nodded, "Some of the best places are discovered from roaming." She smiled and it seemed that she so easily accepted that he was to be going soon... that he couldn't stay with her, even if he very much wanted to.

"Fair 'nough," he asserted. "But, no, I won't suffer any consequences if you follow. I completely understand though." He half-snickered, "It must be nice to not have rules to abide, to have only yourself to keep; if you change your mind though, or if you need anything, just follow the River. I'll make certain that I am the one to heed your call."

Another few steps forward and he was glancing at her from over his mottled shoulder, "It was a pleasure meeting you, Tali Callow. Maybe we will meet again, but until then I bid you good tidings." A simple dip of his muzzle, one more glance to the climbing sun, and the Tainn youth was off. He had tried, he told himself as he adopted a stride that darted swiftly over the forest floor. Perhaps, the timing was just not yet right. Either way, he was eager to make sure that their paths would cross at least once more while his heart still yearned for the prospects of her becoming another soul that he held dear.

SWIFT RIVER
template made by GINNYSAURUS. of RPG-D.

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Pinn who has 24 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Tali Callow

His glass-half-full outlook on traveling made her feel a little better. It was true, she'd seen so many things she never would have had she been allowed to stay in her pack. In fact she would love traveling, so long as she wasn't alone. "Very true." She smiled halfheartedly, at him, knowing their encounter would soon be over, and she'd be all by her lonesome once again.

"It was a pleasure meeting you as well Fenru." She said before dipping her head in return, unable to find the words, or the heart to say goodbye. She watched as his form disappeared into the dense growth of the forest. Her eyes still transfixed on the horizon, unable to believe that she just let him leave. This whole time she could think of nothing better than joining a pack, or finding her siblings. Why hadn't she said yes? What was keeping her from following behind? Tali couldn't keep track of what was going on. Everything was hitting her at once, and she felt like she might explode. With a deep breath she tried sorting things out.

Once again emerged in silence, she felt an uneasiness creep up her spine. Maybe she didn't go because it was too good to be true. Things like that don't just happen to her. What were the chances she would run into someone that she genuinely enjoyed being around, and have them offer exactly the things she had been dreaming of? With a sigh, she set off slowly in the direction Fenru had ran in. Still unsure of what she was going to do, or if she even planned on catching up with him. However, if there was one thing she was sure of, it was that she would not forget him, and she wouldn't be able to get him off of her mind for a long time.