(See All?) Announcements
652 Users Online
Google, Bing

sound the alarms — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
She listened as they all spoke, more and more wolves that he did not know showed up. He wondered if everyone had been affected by these wolves. There were a few wolves that he already knew, like Athena had arrived. Then Nina spoke of Anne, he had never heard of her, but the description sounded familiar. He wasn’t sure where though; he knew it would come to him. She spoke of the disease being spread by contact and Elettra threw out ways to kill it. He thought and thought, they were taking pups too. A wolf he did not know demanded that they be stopped before they bred. Perhaps there was a way to kill them, but it would sacrifice one of their own to do it. The idea look on his face, but no words came out. No one would trust such a plan.

He personally did not like the plan he had thought of either, he stayed silent, towards the back of the crowd as they all went into furious rants about the wolves and how to kill them. He thought that if one wolf went and face them, despite the risk of the disease, then he could infiltrate. If the enemy lines were infiltrated, then the wolf could take them out from the inside. He mentally scolded himself for even thinking of it. No one was a martyr of that magnitude. No one would risk their life to fight these demons. Well, no one he knew of anyways.
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane listened as those that had information to share did so. He didn't have much more to add to what Nina had said, but he bristled when the lone mountain wolf seemed to chide the River leader for her question on Anne, saying that it didn't matter. In his opinion it actually did. He waited until some of the conversation died down, silently contemplating the theory on somehow throwing the infected off a cliff to rid the lore of the disease once and for all. When there was a lull, the over-sized russet male spoke, his deep voice resonating. Looking to the river queen he said, "I will answer your question. Yes, the girl Anne did leave on her own and I feel that is to become a very important detail in dealing with this thing. One of our yearling's from the Woodlands has seen this before and called it the Walking Death. One bite and your sentence is death. However, in the beginning, apparently the newly infected is in complete control of their actions. For a time, they have a choice." To him, that choice would be clear should the worst come. Take out as many of the evil ones before taking his own life.

Looking at the others again, he continued. "I would be concerned about drowning them for worry of not knowing if the contagion might contaminate the water with their infected bodies in it. I believe Elettra's idea to throw them from a cliff, ledge or mountain has the most merit. Of course, that means that the ones to attack them and manage the feat risk their own life in the process." A shudder passed over him at the thought of never seeing Narime' again when the call to arms finally came. He knew he too would go and there was no way of knowing how it would turn out, but he had to make the world as safe as he could for her and what would soon be his family as well as the family that he was leaving behind in the Thickets.

Glancing back to Elettra and meeting her silver eyes, he pledged to her and the others. "I too will fight to rid the land of these wolves. These murderers, the carriers. They must die, whatever it takes, so that all will be safe." He could only hope that Narime' would understand and be able to forgive his promise. He hoped that it would not take too long to develop an organized plan for knowing what he now knew, the call to claim his mate was stronger by the moment.

Knight of Honor
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
you do not know who is your friend
or who is your enemy
until the ICE breaks.
Such a large gathering would never completely agree on any one thing, and that knowledge kept Ice wary, restless. They would never settle on a plan here, where the jumbled smells of them all kept some of them at a level where it was barely contained. The slightest provocation - it would not take much to turn such a mass-meeting into a bloodbath, and Ice kept carefully to the side with Cali by his side. He knew that Corinna would be on her way, surely she'd be here soon - and indeed, there she came, to stand beside them with her head and tail high. Oddly enough, he felt calmer with her there, though it would've been more natural to be even warier, and more protective. She asked a question with regards to an infected loner, and the old wolf on the log seemed scornful of the question. Ice's ears perked forward as a slight growl rumbled in his chest, but all his pale paws remained grounded though his back and tail had stiffened.

What a jerk.

However, a quite pharaonic wolf, a stranger he'd never seen before, spoke up, with more details regarding the run-in with infected. And what he said, was important, so take that Mr. Ass-On-A-Log. Ice glared in his direction, before speaking up again. Some part of him just craved to end this, and it gave him the strength to speak to all of these wolves. He was not eloquent, but he was tired, he wanted it over and done with. "I'd rather see them dead than wait for them to take us out one by one, and as he over there-" Ice's muzzle pointed at Sloane. "-claims they retain their minds after being bitten.. well, it seems a small sacrifice to rid the Lore of this plague. I know that should I be bitten by a sick one, I will gladly use what control I have left to let someone end me before I end up murdering my friends." He glared at the log-wolf slightly, wondering if he was a coward, afraid to die.

"I think that any plan will seem stupid once we get there. I know a way across the mountains, by the Bramble Falls. Once we see the situation on the other side we can plan." His tail gave an erratic twitch. "We should be many enough to handle them. Unless there is something else on your minds, I suggest those willing to risk their lives for our future gather at the Falls in two days time at sunrise.. well fed, and well rested." His silver eyes swept the crowd, wondering if there was more to be done, or if they would be allowed to leave and rally their backs. Then, they would see, how many had the guts to die for their family.
.ice aesir
let the stars above shine in your soul
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

It had not been something she had been expecting, to have been called out by another alpha, but her response was just as quick…but apparently not quick enough. Another male who sat on a log, away from the rest of them, spoke up for her just as she had been opening her jaws to speak. Brows quickly creasing, she stared once at the man before turning back towards the woman who had spoken first, only to have her own thoughts voiced out by her partner. With a short, mental sigh, she continued to listen to those around her, noting who spoke and those who sat silently in the shadows, Iopah being among the later.

The male’s opinion of drowning the monsters that were tainting their land did not sound right to her. It involved too much conflict with them actually…possibly touching the infected, it was too dangerous, especially if they still had some part of their minds left within them. The voice of Elettra once more captures her attention as her emerald gaze fixated upon the woman. Her words held much truth to them and she was not surprised when others instantly answered her questions or answered with only questions of their own. A Hollow wolf that she realized she was slightly familiar with, yet did not know, spoke up and pledged himself for helping the cause. Ears flickering back towards Sloane, she realized he too was ready for this threat, ready to eliminate it.

Clenching her jaw firmly, she glanced over to her brother, before her single eye glanced over in the direction of the mountains. Of all things that she feared, one of them would end up being the mountains. Biting her tongue, she turned her head back to the group at the white male from the River once again spoke. With his first words, Nina could only silently speculate, knowing that her point of opinion would not matter for this one. What he thought, was of his own, but she knew that sadly, there were the selfish ones out there, the ones that would risk everyone else around them just so they could live another day. And it was a sickening thought. The constant churning in her stomach did not stop as the male continued on, quickly taking note of what he was saying, she spoke quickly yet softly, "I will also be coming…this illness must be dealt with." She was then silent, her ears pricked just in case she needed any other information.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

There were so many wolves in one place, it was almost hard for him to keep up, given the way everything jumped from one topic to another. Gratefully, Athena soon stopped by his side, though the mystery as to where Eden was remained foreign to him. Throughout the meeting, he remained silent but continued listening to everything that was said, her green eyes constantly flickering to the faces of who spoke around him. Upon his sister voicing her own thoughts, his fur almost started to rise at the thought of those things being anywhere near her. Though, after her words were said and the River woman spoke, the man on the log, quickly interjected. One of Naira’s followers no doubt. How rude he had been to the question and not even giving Nina the opportunity to answer. A small growl started rumbling in his chest, but he quickly quieted himself, not wanting tensions to run overly high within the packs.

Pricking his ears upon the strong voice of Elettra, he listened to her words, a small smile almost twitching upon his lips, as if she were mocking the suggestion of drowning them. To be truthful, he had no true knowledge of what had been going on within the Lore, for he had just recently found out about most of this from the Healer that had come to the poison pack…not that she had been much of help in the end. Blinking his eyes quickly, he stared at the woman, his eyes once again flickering over the faces who spoke once more after, first a man of whom he had never known, then to the River man. He was slightly surprised when the voice next to him spoke up, her soft voice causing a small flinch to flow over his body. He had not fully expected Nina to make the commitment, as she had never been much of the fighting type…him out of all of them should have known that. Clearing his throat, he added on, “As will I.” Green eyes flickering back over towards Athena, he could only hope that the alpha would understand his choice of reasoning.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She is silent, allowing time for quite a handful of them to say their peace, all of which whom spoke up agreeing to fight in this war as well. Shade, however, did not. Little did she know that by two days past, he would already be gone, taking one of her last huntresses with him. Elettra Archer spends moments lingering over those whom agreed to meet up in two days past, at the bramble falls along the mountain cliff-side. They would take each and every wolf out that crossed their path, avoidance towards the trail of the ones that smelt of disease less they happened upon their path and had to choice but to risk themselves at the others defeat. Elettra would only nod her head in agreement to Ice's timing, flashing Shade one last glance before making her way south back towards home. She would need time to think, gather who would be joining the fight and who would be staying behind to watch their home. It would be a blood bath.
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
How about those who want to get an exit post in do so, then this archives on April 7th?

you do not know who is your friend
or who is your enemy
until the ICE breaks.
The one-eyed female whom he vaguely recalled promised to come, as did the buff man beside her. Ice's critical gaze swept over them and onto the rest of the crowd, watching the message, the reality, sink in. Staying in the "safety" of the west was dangerous; going to war in the east was dangerous. Ice preferred to have it all done with, and Elettra, whom had called the meeting, nodded. Did this mean he took over now? Did this mean what she had begun, was to be carried through by him? The gravity of it settled over his shoulders and he looked down for a moment, studying the snowy ground just beneath his paws. War. They were going to war. When the dark lady of the Willows rose he knew that the meeting was over, and only time would tell the turnout of this. In two days time, they would gather, and only then would he know the force to tackle the demons with. "Well, then," he said into the crowd, before turning to nuzzle Corinna's shoulder and give Cali a slight smile. He had to go home now, and imprint every aspect of Swift River and the Grove into his mind, should he not be fit to return from the other side.
.ice aesir
(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2013, 01:13 PM by Ice.)
let the stars above shine in your soul
Played by Grey who has 258 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Mapplethorpe
mapplethorpe
respice, adspice, prospice
Another answered the pale leader's question, despite the fact that Mapplethorpe had attempted to change the topic completely, but the Nomad kept silent. He actually was not here to take part in the discussion but to merely listen... Listen and report back all that he had heard and learned.

While it had occurred to him that the infection from the drowned wolves would taint the body of water, he simply smirked when the notion to throw the rogue pack off the cliffs of Mount Dire was seconded. At least the leaders and other representatives present had the minds to cohesively think as though they were apart of one pack. The Advisor caught the River wolf's glare and returned it silently as the plan to meet again in two days at the foot of Bramble Falls by sunrise was declared.

His patience paid off and his own tail twitched. Then, all around him, voices began to vocally declare that they were willing to follow through with the Swift River Leader's idea.

"I will also be coming…this illness must be dealt with."

“As will I...”

Before anyone could even think to look his way or listen for his assent, Mapplethorpe silently took his leave, slinking down from his perch and back into the depths of the forest where he would soon find the foot of the mountain. This was not his war nor a battle for the wolves of Nomads Pass... and it would remain as such... or so he hoped...

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by DAWNTHIEVES.DE
(This post was last modified: Apr 06, 2013, 06:49 PM by Mapplethorpe.)
Played by Jen who has 28 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cisco Moriel
The lanky old wolf had been lost since entering the Lore. Not lost in the sense of not knowing where he was. He'd been a loner for far too long already and was more than used to ending up in new places. But lost in the sense of not having a purpose. He'd thought to join a pack to live out his golden years, for he was far past his prime after being a loner for nearly two years now. He was still strong with wiry muscles roping down his lean form, but he was slowing and his joints had been quite rough on him over this past winter. He was glad that Spring was here to give him some relief in that aspect at least, but it had not brought the usual joy to his heart and he felt... useless. Perhaps, adrift.

He had completely lost track of Koda and decided that the male was living his new life and didn't need and old coot like him hanging around reminding him of what he had lost before the Lore. Thus he found himself wandering even more over the past weeks and he'd heard disturbing rumors of trouble in his new homeland. This was what sparked him to follow secretly behind the Willow Queen when she headed northward. He kept well behind her, not wanting to anger or disturb her for his unrequested presence. He merely wanted to find out more about what was going on and so like a ghost he trailed her, keeping to the shadows, even after she came to a stop and others slowly began to join her.

Being a loner, he had no pack affiliation as each of these wolves did. Despite this he felt somewhat loyal to Elettra and her pack and also to Nina and hers for the same reason. Koda. He was the tie that bound the old wolf to them and if there was danger afoot for them, he wanted to know and help if he could. Hidden, he listened to all that was said and paled beneath his greying pelt. Pups abducted and murdered? A sickness that was a death sentence? He shivered at all that he had heard. He didn't know where Koda was, having missed his exodus from the Willows, but both Nina and Elettra cared for him and they as well as his young friend were in danger.

The huge white wolf summed it all up, calling for those that would fight. As far as he could tell, all but two spoke up. The one male from Elettra's pack and the arrogant lone wolf that distanced himself from the others. Cisco watched that one melt into the shadows with a silent grunt of disappointment. To each his own, he supposed. Not sure how the others would take it, he stepped forward showing himself, although he was well on the outskirts of the large group. He hoped that Nina and Elettra would remember him and no one would attack him. "I am Cisco Moriel. I have no pack affiliation here, but I have those that I care about in the Lore. I will fight as well. I have nothing to lose and much to gain for those that I care for." With a last look at the two women, his soft brown eyes showed his respect for them before he to melted into the shadows.

He too would fight, but he didn't plan on waiting two days. He would go ahead and see what he could see before they arrived. Hopefully, he could give them some intel when they arrived over the mountain.