Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

A friend who taught me right from wrong,
And weak from strong,
That's a lot to learn...
What, what can I give you in return?

The gentle crashing of the falls could be heard in the distance. Why had she come here... here of all places? Normally she would twitch at being so close to the Sacred Grove, but not today. Today the Falls called to her, beckoned her closer through the light mist and slowly melting snow. In the eerie light of dusk, the forest was washed with hues of pink and orange, and a few small birds dared to sing of the true season though snow still carpeted the land and a chill still carried on the breeze - in a final defiance of the falling sun before settling into their hollows and nests.

It was enough to distract her from the warring emotions inside. It was done now, and there would be cubs, or there would not... but there had been no tell-tale change in her scent as yet, and a burning need still filled her like an itch that couldn’t be scratched. It wasn’t like last time, in so many more ways than one. Perhaps she should have left him lost... But she couldn’t allow herself to think like that. She had made her bed and now she would have to sleep in it, lumps and all - until another thought to challenge her or him, she would lead, and they would prevail.

As she bought herself to seat at the edge of the pool at the bottom of the falls, a small puff of mist left her mouth with a sigh. It had been such a long winter, so much had happened. Staring at her own reflection, she allowed her thoughts to drift over all that had happened, and all that could have been, as her daydream manifested in the form of a translucent dark male, with eyes like fire and distinctive white patch joining her own reflection in the pond. She allowed a small smile to cross her face as the apparition caused her heart to skip a beat. "Triell..." the name was but a whisper on her lips and with the name voiced the apparition fled. "What mess have I made for myself now?" she questioned just as quietly.

Settling into her surroundings she listened, and she waited, a statue on the edge of the falls, shrouded in mist and failing light.

(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2013, 04:40 AM by Naira.)
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
back dated before he poofs. becuffin oh my gosh I don't know if I like this post, but it's a start. o.o

Put me to sleep, these dreams I can't keep.
The falls did ramble in the distance, he knew perfectly where to step, and where to go to find a rock, a cave, or hidden spot.This place had been his favorite haunt. The one place to take a breather, collect his head, soul search or to do absolutely nothing. Now it became a place where he drowned, but it wasn't by the pool's cold water he was suffocated by. No, he was weighed, pressed by things better let go. They kept dragging him down. How could he feel hollow, and heavy?

His chest filled deep with the night air, and he tried to surpress his body's want for more. The dark male could never hold his breath long enough to trick the underlying gentics of survial. Freely, it became a sigh that rolled hard from the black lines of his lips. He didn't feel stable, he felt so out of place, as if he walked side ways and would unbalance any near him. He hadn't meant to be isolated, but what was there for him? While he felt a connection to his pack, he didn't feel he was good for them, that he was needed.

The change was happening, and while part of his instincts,his heritage wanted to rise to the challenge and fill his brother's place that was not for him. Ice had long been the man for that, and Triell saw no point in hindering him with hot Tainn blood. It seemed unatural to lead beside Cori any way, a sister who needed, who deserved much better. This point Triell didn't feel he was cut out for any role. He was miserably existing, contemplating making his fate as black as his hide. Why could there be no lightning storms for him now with chocking smoke? Suddnely, what a bitter laugh that stroked against his vocals, if it was distraught and amused by his sad madness.

It was spring, what was suppose to be the best damn part of the whole year, one he had enjoyed. He craved what he could not have and stayed far from the tempting scents of females. This point he wasn't sure what he could expect of himself in a state so long without company. Soon time became a change from sad dreams, cruel nightmares to looking for food, and staring off the mountain side. The Tainn would not let himself wander farther, knowing seeing Rhysis would be the snap of his final sanity. Though if he caught wind of those other monsters he would gladly take every ounce of hurt upon them. The man scowled, the raise of pulse to his beating heart that longed for a cure. Energy was put into hunting. Careful planning, and precision. While it made more sense to starve himself, he had not reached that point of desperation. Even he wouldn't deny the little part of him that knew he was here for a reason. He just wished it would show up already, clearly any time was work for him to rise above this.

Paws unfolded over the ground in slow ways while he followed the water. The idea was to get a drink and turn away. He had a love-hate relationship with this place. There was shape in the mist, the curves of a shadow that was out of place. Orange-yellow eyes were forced to blink, but were merely greeted with the same image. Tension grew in his limbs, black nostrils trying to pick up what he was facing. They must have come a different way, and the breeze was still. There was something prodding him onward, and he decided not to fight. Cautiously he went forward, and was a bit dumfounded. Naira again? She was a long way from home this time of season, but Triell found in his heart he was pleasantly surprised and terrified."I hope you're real," he muttered in a cooled tone that only held hints of deeper things. With a grin that was laid on thick, he approached her right, not quite letting himself breath yet.

(This post was last modified: May 01, 2013, 02:35 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
*Flailflop* this is terrible and I'm sorry! That being said, Triell's speedo table would be fitting here ;)

my milkshake brings all the boys to the pass
and they're like, it's better than your ass

Lost in her own little daydream, she didn’t hear the other approach until he was almost on top of her, his cool words teasing her ears back against her skull momentarily before she pulled her eyes from the water and over her shoulder to his familiar face. Her breath caught in her chest for a moment, her heart in her throat and surprise - far from unpleasant - worked its way across her face fleetingly, as a smile pulled at the corners of her mouth.

“Unless this is a dream...” she responded softly, leaning back to allow their fur to mingle as it had so many times before. For a moment she was convinced he would feel her heart racing through the tips of her thick pelt alone and she had to tear her eyes away - choosing instead to focus on their reflections - for a moment reveling in the fact that they simply fit so well.

Something had shifted in the air around them or so it seemed. All her previous thoughts had evaporated the moment his voice touched her ears and she felt lighter - younger - and so much more like her old self. Perhaps it was the season and the hormones, but finally she felt relaxed - as she only seemed to manage with him. Getting herself under control finally she turned to bury her nose in the thick fur at the Tainn’s neck. “I’ve missed you.” she whispered shyly, fully aware of the implications should either of them loose control, but for the second time in her life, not caring if it happened. For now she was simply content to be.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
back dated before he poofs. becuffin oh my gosh I don't know if I like this post, but it's a start. o.o

Put me to sleep, these dreams I can't keep.
There was no scaring her this time around, but how had she been ready for him? The question tugged at his mind, momentarily as she wasted a smile on him. Tawny threads meshed with his black he could faintly pick up a drumming heart. That could easily be his own. Tilting his black cheek, eyes quietly surveyed her. They always met after great lengths of time and Triell always wondered if she changed in small ways he wouldn't notice because of the infrequent sight. She had the same rich, honey colored eyes to him that often looked so warm and inviting. When Triell knew for a fact they could have a piercing gaze. Was he as transparent as last time? Or was he tucked away, inside himself as when Ice had killed the sad excuse for a wolf? When Triell had to keep her safe without upsetting the balance of his silver friend.

The Tainn softly blinked, feeling his grin stay steady on his muzzle. "A dream?" He inquired with a raised brow. "Maybe, but promise you'll tell me when it's over," he spoke with a playful tease in the deepness of his tone.

Slowly, as he only half dared, he filled his lungs of her scent. He was greeted with teasing images of where she lived now. The rocks,the plants, and members. It was different from Poison Path, not exactly more welcoming but something more pleasant. Wait, he was probably breathing too deep again, breathing her in. Triell wasn't worried to be caught, she was hidden in his dark collar. Softly he stroked the under of his jaw a top her head. She always seemed a mixture of tired, and relieved when they met. It bothered him, but he wasn't sure of the specifics. Rhysis was too easy to blame, and Triell didn't waste time second guessing. A brief laugh worked in his chest, just like a smile with sound when she spoke of missing him. He wasn't sure what there was to miss, and yet, hearing that made his heart do a little skip. He had missed her too. He had never thought about it before, missing someone was never in his best interest.

Triell found it a little too easy to sit beside her, snuggled against her and thinking he wouldn't mind stealing her away."So, you are a long way from home," he commented, trying to catch her eye to know he was mostly teasing, but also his indirect way of asking how she was tonight.

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

"Maybe, but promise you'll tell me when it's over," A light chuckle sounded in response to his request, quick to quip back dramatically, and throw herself gently against his side she declared “No! I’ll never wake again!”

Her playful mood was unusual of late, and she wasn’t about to consider the whys of it. The movement caused her rear to shift and her tail flicked to the side thumping against the ground happily without thinking - unwittingly stirring up more of the scent that frustrated her so. She had expected it to be fading by now, but the fact it had not lessened did not cause her distress - not yet. For a moment she remembered her company and tensed before relaxing again, a smile clear on her face as an ear turned to catch his statement, a gently veiled question that put a mild damper on her mood, although it was quickly shrugged off.

“We all need a change of scenery on occasion.” her answer was gentle yet very non-committal as her toes dug into the ice coated dirt beneath. It had been Rhysis’s treatment of her that had driven her from her home in an attempt to curb her moods and limit any further conflict between them both until the last of her high-strung hormones wore off. What had bought her so close to the Grove, she could not say but she was glad it was Triell who found her. “Although it’s not so far from yours, I must say - you’ve looked better.” Her small smile remained, returning his tease with one of her own. It was true the dark man was a sight for sore eyes, but every time she saw him she couldn’t help but allow her concern to grow.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

And I don't mind

If you say this love is the last time
Triell had not quite meant his statement as a joke, but that chuckle of hers, teasing at his ears made his smile change just enough. A light laugh was in his throat but did not escape his mouth. If this was a game he could play, but it wasn't just a game. His mind wanted to think over what she had said, but it felt like it was on the wrong channel. Fuzzy and static, especially when she had made a show of sweeping to his side. "Alright," he seemed to agree, pleased to find his company in a better mood than himself.

Why did she have to move more? He was quite aware how she was, and briefly cursed himself. Naira was a girl, did he really think she wouldn't have the same maddening perfume? He had known that from the beginning, but now it felt like it was being thrown in his face. Some how the Tainn masked it, or at least tried to cage it.

How easy her reply came, but was there strings on it? His black ears rotated slightly, if he might hear her thoughts behind the words. He couldn't. There was a temporary dip between his brows, how bad he wanted to know he almost didn't hear what she said next. He momentarily had a funny tilt to his chin, to his smile caught off guard how he couldn't fool her. Well, and because it struck him again how she did care even though they were worlds apart. That was always the story wasn't it? The girl lived far away, and Triell could not get her to come with him and he would not go with her.

"Better?" The word fell from his tongue in a question he didn't mean to speak. The man lifted his head up, letting his face smooth of any tell signs, hoping something clever popped in his head. "Not silver enough for you?" He said with a coy grin. "Too dark?" He added, letting his fiery eyes settle upon her to gauge her reply. "Or, am I not scrawny enough?" Of coarse he wasn't trying to knock Naira, but Rhysis the one who always seemed a step ahead of him...or something. For a second the Tainn sobered, and in a more coarse voice said,"You look well, but do you have to be so alluring?"

Triell Tainn

don't bleed
(This post was last modified: May 19, 2013, 04:51 AM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
Such a cougar Naira! <.<

She couldn’t contain a smile at the path his questioning took. Not silver enough for you? Too dark? Or am I not scrawny enough? The butt of his mocking tone was clear enough but far from finding herself offended, her teeth flashed in a momentary smile that did not reach her eyes. He did describe her mate so well, but there were small details left missing. Not bitter enough. Not hard enough. Too caring. her own thoughts continued on. What a mess she had gotten herself into. The bitter realisation settling in that she would have been better off leaving him lost and choosing another to stand at her side. But it was too late for regrets now. His final question sent a funny jolt through her stomach, knowing this was dangerous ground on which they trod, but deep down no longer caring. “Oh but your tongue is more than silver enough.” she teased back gently, bringing herself to her feet with a stretch and a subtle but deliberate wave of her tail.

Quickly she shoved her nose into the ribs of the dark wolf at her side and danced back several steps. A hint of a challenge in her eyes as she lowered her front to bow down, her tail waving over her back before retreating several more steps. It had been too long since she had simply run for the sake of it, or partaken in a simple game of tag. She hoped he would catch her drift and not find her too brash. “Perhaps if you can catch me, we could negotiate a prize?” she teased, a new light flashing through her eyes as she headed into the trees, only half-heartedly attempting to evade him. Deep down, she had to admit, a growing part of her wanted to be caught.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Powerplay okay by becuffin.

And I don't mind

Honestly, he was surprised she kept smiling at him, but likely she was biding her time, having something to surely smart back. It wasn't what he expected, because Naira was a lot more sharper than he. “Oh but your tongue is more than silver enough.” He had not meant it to be so slick, hoping for something. It had merely slipped out, because his strength had wavered...he was holding onto a handful of threads he wanted to let go. Possibly today, he didn't have a voice in the back of his head saying but what about? He was incredible curious, and starting to get addicted to the high he had found. What could he say? He wasn't sorry it had come out, she did not have a look of surprise nor worry on her face. Before he could think what that meant, she teased him further, and he didn't have a coherent thought he could hold onto.

Breathless he became, struck by the taunting lady who dared further this interesting encounter. He gave her a wary look, skeptical she was trying to distract him. Maybe, that would have been the better idea. The look in her golden eyes he couldn't back down, he couldn't resist. She might be playing him, but he didn't find himself caring. Whatever happened he didn't want to wish he had found out, he was going to.

When he thought of being uncertain, he saw something he had not in her own fiery gaze, and he felt his heart quicken, heat build in his chest which had seemed so hollow."Oh, we hrmmm...." He rumbled, taking slow steps closer to his prize. This time Triell didn't want to think of her as anything more. Quick, and knowing this game far better than he the black wolf was careful with his steps at first. He was following in her trail without effort, a little inpatient, worried when she was no longer in his sight. Naira surely wasn't this cruel. The Tainn held his breath, knowing he shouldn't think too much into this, but to feel a spark a life, of want was starting to consume him. Then he caught a glimpse of gold, her undercoating caught in the light, and a grin spread across his muzzle. He twisted, forced himself a little faster than he usually paced to keep up. Then quietly, he used the shadows to his advantage, trying to sneak closer. When she was within reach he did not hesitate to tackle her for all her prodding, and teasing. He was bigger than her after all, though he didn't think that would guarantee his win. Instead of muttering of what he won, he merely took a moment to take her in. The brightness of her eyes that reminded him of a morning sun, the way she was soft but strong, and the mix of colors that were of mountain and earth. He smiled, but found himself wordless. Triell nudged her cheek in a playful manner, letting out a growl of the same nature.

Triell Tainn

don't bleed
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
ALL THE SMUT!!! Happy if you want to fade to black in the next one?

It seemed she had left the black wolf speechless and a tinkle of laughter escaped from her lips as she ‘fled’. Pulling ahead far enough to fall out of sight before darting to the right, but it wasn’t enough to fool her dark pursuer. She could hear him behind her and slowed her steps until she felt his heavy weight collide with her own. Perhaps a touch more dramatic than was necessary she allowed herself to stumble to the floor as the victor came to claim his prize. Her eyes were warm and danced merrily in the moonlight as he towered over her, lowering his muzzle to her cheek with a playful growl.

Pulling herself back to her feet she brushed her head beneath his chin, stepping forward until his head rested on her shoulder, a shiver ran down her flanks in anticipation at just how the Tainn would respond to such a wanton invitation? Her tail continued to wave about casually behind her as his ears pinned back in a coquettish manner and she allowed her eyes to rove back over her shoulder, enticing, daring him to claim what she was offering. Her heart thundered in her chest, knowing on so many levels that this was wrong, but oh so right. None of their encounters was ever coincidental. It wasn’t the first time she had questioned what it was that she shared with the wolf beside her now, even so she suddenly desired more.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

And I don't mind

The water echoed behind him, but did not drown her laughter. Laughter that threatened to break his confidence, his unfaltering steps, and his want of what he couldn't resist. It made him realize he couldn't use Naira, he could never do taht to her, or was that what she wanted? No, no, no. Don't think. Thinking hurt, and he couldn't pretend this was only a dream. A dream he could wake up from, and wonder what had happened.

Collecting himself, he flicked his tail behind him, and was a little surprised she didn't squirm instantly from him. Beneath his hide he felt on fire, and wondered if his touch was scorching. Triell didn't speak, there were no need for words. If anything stupid came out he would surely ruin it all. The silent reply of returning touch was enough to put the rest of the world behind him, drive him closer as it felt wrong when she pulled away. Black tail a sweeping banner behind him there was no more hesitation. The black wolf closed the gap, aware she was anticipating as much as he, and it made his nerves light up. It made him sure his actions were not necessarily wrong.

Steady, he managed to hold onto control because he had to do this right not simple haste. He rubbed against her side, sweeping his neck against hers, softly breathing across her ear and stealing her scent. Something would happen, something that Triell would have to realize made this a little more than a dream.

{end}

Triell Tainn

don't bleed