(See All?) Announcements
706 Users Online
Bing, Google, Baidu

Where are you now? — Secret Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghoff who has 83 posts.
No Rank
Simaea Nite
Where are you now? Do you ever think of me in the quiet, in the crowd?

Simaea woke once more on a cold morning in the cavern Narime had shown to her. She sighed a thanks to the silvery fae and wondered when she would see her again. The dark yearling padded to the mouth of the cavern and situated her face towards the sunlight once again. A habit she recently picked up, in soothed her, made her feel almost content, helped her think. She steeled herself again for another day and took a deep breath of the sharp, crisp air. How long will I be searching for you brother? How long will you think I'm dead? She pondered it and wondered at it, she felt he had to be here, be it alive or, forbid it if he was dead. But she knew her dark brother was here somewhere.

She knew not that her salvation was in fact on it's way to her, riding upon large russet shoulders, while a silvery she wolf padded at it's side.Little she knew the wolf she would meet today would be closely connected with her brother, and that by the end of this day she would know his name, the scent upon the russet wolf would speak volumes more than words could. No, instead she sighed and set off into the forest and found a few bits of small game, her quickness making the hunt rather easy. Two rabbits and a small bird of some kind were deposited in her small personal cache. Simaea had explored very little of the cavern in fear that she would not find her way out, instead she would wait for Narime to do that.

The silence in the cavern and her own heart were deafening. Simaea missed her brother, she let her head swim in the very few memories of him. His way of always wanting to be the savior, she had teased him for it often. In hindsight she wished she would have shown him more love, but that was why she was here, love, kinship, blood. Those were the yearlings reasons for remaining instead of running from her past. The dark she wolf knew as she curled herself up at the mouth of the cave and waited ears pricked, eyes open waiting for scent or sound of her friend to show and help her find him, that some day she would see him again. Somehow she just knew.
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
PP Sloane a bit. Tell me if you want it to be changed.

Her pawsteps took her towards that hidden entrance into the dark earth. That place which Nari no longer feared, but respected. It still awed her ever time she stepped into the deepest rooms filled with pillars and sparkling columns of limestone. This time she would have others with her. Others that would hopefully become the basis of a pack. Her prince charming Sloane at her shoulder as she padded into the tiny piece of forest that dissected Hush Meadow and Whisper Marsh.

Simaea should still be waiting for her at the cave. At least Nari hoped she was still there. Unfortunately the wind was blowing away from her today so the gray wolf would not be able to scent her until they were at their destination.

Dodging a few oaks, willows, and pine trees the silver hunter climbed the slope into thicker forest. Then trotted around the big hill she knew was the caves mouth. To her delight she spotted the black fea curled comfortably up on the floor of the caves entrance. Giving a little "woof" to alert her Narimé padded forward. her tail wagging slightly.

"Hello Simaea! I'm back, and I my mate is with me to help out too." She stopped not too far away from the black female and waved her tail pointing to Sloane's massive form.

Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
He trotted at her side now as they approached the cave. He had enjoyed the simple pleasure of just being with her more than he would have ever thought. Sloane knew that soon they would meet this other wolf at the cave and their time of privacy would end for a bit. The thought made him sad, but at the same time, he was glad to possibly have a pack mate to add to their family. They would need hunters, guardians and perhaps even a healer. This reminded him of the pack that he had just left behind. They had more healers than they knew what to do with, but it was not a bad thing, really, since they could hunt as well.

Bringing his thoughts back to his beautiful mate, he drifted closer as they neared the cave and let his russet fur mingle with her silver pelt as they moved in perfect unison. As the land inclined upwards he could sense her excitement as she saw a black fae curled up in the entrance and called out to her. She looked tiny in the huge mouth of the cave and he had a quick image of their pack mates and future offspring filling that expanse of space, making what might look intimidating seem almost homey. He smiled to himself at the image and filed it away to compare with the real thing in the not-too-distant future.

He stood tall and proud next to Narime', which in truth was not hard to do. She was no tiny wall flower. She was a healthy and robust fae, however next to him nearly every wolf had to look up. He waved his russet plume behind him in a welcoming manner to offset his imposing presence. He couldn't be sure, but he sensed that this young woman might be a bit nervous around him until she got to know him at least! In a deep voice he greeted her, "Hello, Simaea. It's a pleasure to meet the fae that my mate has been so excited about."

Knight of Honor
No Rank
Simaea Nite
She had not been long curled in the entrance to the cavern lost in thought when Narime's voice rang through the air almost on a cue. At her words she raised her head and her heart began to beat faster. here was her help, and he was huge! Simaea raised herself and kept her tail between her legs and her posture low, even with the wave of his tail she was still very scared of him for the moment. She remembered a large male with russet coloring from the day her world fell apart, but this was not the terrible and harsh voice he had carried. She knew in her mind she should not be scared but still she lowered her head and covered the scars as was the norm for her when she met an unknown wolf. The yearlings eyes remained wide and almost staring as she tried her best not to tilt her head too far for fear of revealing her damaged neck.

However Simaea knew she still must speak and if she remembered anything at all from her parents it was that you were to be brave even in the darkest hour. An image flashed through her mind again, in memory of that day, the sound of her parents voices, still ringing strong as they refused to submit. After all they had belonged to no, pack and had even offered peace. The memory faded once more and she shook herself, slowly, trembling she raised herself to full height, which she could do because Narime was much larger than her, and the male even more so than Narime. Her tail slid off of her underbelly and hung in a relaxed position, only it was as stiff as a tree branch. and her head raised till it was barely above her shoulders. She shook, she trembled, quaked and shivered, so fearful of being strong yet Simaea had little choice, if she was so determined to find her brother. She took a deep breath and let her ruined voice travel to Sloane's ears.

The velvet with a graveled tinge floated through the air, "Sir, Narime said that y-you c-could help me find my brother, h-he's got really strange eyes. they are blue but one. One has some green in it, and he's black, like me. She also said that, m-maybe when I find him, we could h-have a home with you? She gazed fearfully up at him and added, "Please, Narime is really nice to me, and I hope that we can both be safe now." The last few words were barely more than a whisper, yet she had found the strength to ask the terrifyingly large male about her brother. Simaea was at a loss for more to say, when something came to her on the breeze that gave her a fierce, jolt a scent upon the pelt of the male, a familiar scent. She could not place it, but suddenly she had stopped shaking. For this male was suddenly very, very important even if she didn't yet know why.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

A warm breeze shifted the fur on her back as Narimé stepped sideways a little to give Sloane some space. Though he seemed fine with her being so close to him most all of the time. However she remembered Muerda and her mate would only stand close when they were with pack. If business was occurring then they would stand close but not too close, allowing for a form of professionalism to radiate from them while important things were discussed with loners or other pack leaders. Should I do the same? She shrugged to herself keeping close but not too close to her mate. Even though her instincts screamed not to be any farther than she was at that moment from him.

Narimé stood just behind Sloane allowing him and Simaea to greet each other. She was happy to have him near all the time now. Even happier that she got to curl up next to him at night and constantly breath his comforting scent. For right now Nari kept her mouth shut fearing that her old habit of talking too much might make an appearance. A sudden tiredness had come over her, and with a yawn Nari sat down next to her mate remembering that she had not gotten enough sleep the past few days. Though right now was not the time for sleep and she knew it. Soon they would be traveling again to help Simaea find her brother.

Listening to the dark fea's voice Nari blushed at the she wolfs kind comment. Then the silver hunter turned her gaze to look outside at the forest surrounding them. Just checking for any other wolves coming close or even for prey scent on the breeze. None came to her, and all was safe as she turned her gaze back to her two companions.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Seeing the fear in the girl before him, Sloane sighed silently to himself. His form was large and imposing by nature and usually this served him well, but he hated meeting shy or timid wolves and seeing the anxiety and fear cross their features, even when he acted friendly. Some had even reacted to friendly overtures as if it were some convoluted trick or lie to lull them into a false sense of security. Trickery was not his way and never would be. He thought himself a fairly open book. When he was friendly, which was most of the time, he showed it. When he was angry, there was not an iota of doubt about it... he showed it.

This was why his smile broadened when the girl screwed up the courage to stand a little taller and ask about her missing family member, her brother. As she gave her description in her strangely husky voice his eyes grew wide and bright with delight. There could not possibly be two wolves that perfectly matched such detail and even without her giving a name, he knew the wolf that she spoke of. His tail waved behind him and his smile softened at the kind mention of his mate.

He nodded his huge head and spoke once more. "The fates have brought us together, young Simaea. I have seen such a wolf and happily call him friend. His name is Hollow, although he does not know his given surname. The one he uses now, Blackfur, was given to him by another wolf to protect him as a pup from those that feared his differences. He is exactly as you described, Simaea and he is a healthy and happy guardian of my dear friend Nina's pack, Secret Woodlands, a ways north of here." He did not yet say that he doubted that Hollow would leave his pack, given his fierce loyalty and his new-found love of a certain golden fae.

Knight of Honor
No Rank
Simaea Nite
As the massive russet wolf registered her words, she saw the widening of the eyes, the softening and brightening of the expression upon his face. The telltale signs of recognition, as the moments searching began to culminate, the scent he carried was beginning to run rampant through her head. It was so familiar yet so not, he had to know him, that had to be it. Once Sloane spoke, Simaea's own expression began to light and her tail began to wave ferociously, in nearly every direction. Hollow, the moment the name crossed his lips she knew immediately that was it, there could be no doubt! She had succeeded, every last fight and every last step had meaning now. Her fear had been discarded in her excitement. She had even forgotten she was in the presence of two alphas-to-be, not that it mattered much as there was not yet an established pack, and in order for her to stand taller than they she would have to stand on her hind legs.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" Simaea began to speak with uncontrolled happiness causing her voice to shake. "No, Blackfur won't do he has to know his true name! He will think I'm dead, I should be I was paralyzed by fear and made no sound when he found us all. If only I had maybe it would have been okay." The yearling spoke half to herself and half to the two whom were gathered in front of her, her head was shaking rapidly as if scolding herself, until she looked at both Sloane and Narime in turn and finished. "Would you take me to him? Please? I have to see him at the very least." The girl had no notion of the fierce loyalty Hollow held for his pack, nor that it would take a god to remove him from the thickets, but if nothing else she would see him and maybe request to join him, although she hoped there would be an alternative as she had silently pledged herself to Narime, seeing as she had been one of very few to show her any kindness in her travels. She had been the first to offer Simaea a home.
Played by Melorama who has 49 posts.
Inactive II. Teacher
Kieth Tatum

It was a fine day. It wasn't too cold or hot, there were many weak, but playful breezes and white, fluffy clouds in the sky. Kieth inhaled deeply and could scent many different animals, from birds, to rabbits and to even the faint scent of caribou. He had made his way down to Iridescent Lagoon with his newfound friend, Sloane, from the Ghastly Woods. They had made quick work of the route, and the dark grey male had left Sloane alone with his mate, Narime. He didn't like to intrude on other wolves' business and had promised to meet up with them later on after Sloane suggested that he looked around the Lagoon. It was a very beautiful place, indeed. With its large, flat, clear body of water that mirrored its banks and the trees scattered along the edges, it made a perfect place to live by. He had been scouting the area for a while now, and had caught Sloane's scent not too far away.

He had been travelling for only an hour at the most, and Sloane and Narime's scents were almost overpowering. Good. That meant he was very close to them. Very soon, the land inclined upwards and he caught sight of three wolves. The large figure and russet fur was easy to figure out as Sloane, and he guessed that the silver fae next to him was Narime. But who was the black fae?

Trotting up to the mouth of the cave, he stood by the entrance and looked inside. The dark grey male just heard the last words of the black fae's words. Was she looking for someone? Well, he would figure that out later. "Hello Sloane, Narime," he spoke in his deep, velvety voice as he stepped inside. He looked at the three wolves before him. Sloane was the same as ever, with his russet fur and large frame. Flicking his eyes to Narime, he quickly studied her. She had varying dark shades of grey on the top half of her body and and has varying shades of light grey on her bottom half. Her unique blue eyes had tinges of purple in them, and she had long, slender legs.

He then flicked his eyes to the black fae. She had a pure black coat and chocolate brown eyes. She was standing to her full height, with her head just above her shoulders and her tail in a relaxed but stiff position. It seemed that this fae had only just met Sloane and Narime. He turned to the large russet wolf. Kieth would let him do the talking until he and the other two fae's were properly introduced.

[Image: wcpride3_by_terra_anne-d60id3y.png]
You can run, but you can't hide

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Surprise flitted across her gray features as Narimé listened to Simaea and her mate's words. What coincidence! She thought happily with a smile appearing on her muzzle, the feeling tugging her tail into a wag. If Sloane knew her brother and his location that would make things much easier for them. Although Nari was worried their hopeful pack mate would instead try to join her brothers pack. The silver hunter stood there unsure of how to help Simaea further. A part from taking her to Hollow's pack.

Her nose brought the scent of a new wolf to her. An older male scent that made Nari turn and look at the wolf as he approached. A fine wolf he was, a little thin from winter, but experienced. She noted his gaze travel from Sloane to herself. Does he know Sloane? Her nose spoke of a trace amount of Sloane's scent on the male. Which relaxed her a bit, but as he looked her over Nari remembered something. If I'm to be Sloane's mate I will be judged by others accordingly as an alpha should be judged..soo... I should be raising my head right now.. She chastised herself raising her chin and tail up a notch trying to match Sloane's height and show her dominance. Though her fur prickled nervously at the motion that she was so unused to. I better get used to it..

Nodding a greeting to the male firstly the silver she wolf looked over to the side at Simaea still with her tall gaze.

"It will be your choice whether you join him in his pack or us. But I would like you to know that we will be looking for an alliance with Hollow's pack once we are fully formed. That would mean you could visit him anytime if you were to join us instead." Nari gestured to herself and Sloane when she spoke of their pack. Either way she hoped the girl would be happy, and if Simaea did choose Secret Woodlands she would wish her good luck.

Quickly Nari had to summon the courage to speak up to the stranger male. Then she turned to the unknown wolf with a curious sparkle in her blue eyes. "Who might you be good sir?" She asked politely while keeping her head held high watching him from a height she was not used to reaching.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
He couldn't help a wider grin at the yearling's reaction to finding out that not only was her brother alive, but that Sloane knew exactly where he was. Her tail excitedly wagged as words of gratitude spilled from her mouth. When she practically begged him to take her to Hollow, he knew that he could not refuse her. He did note a look cross Narime's face and he could guess at her thoughts. She had spoke of Simaea and perhaps even her brother, should he be found, being members of their pack. Now she knew that he belonged to Nina's pack. Had they lost one of their first members before the pack had even formed?

Narime's mature words at least let Simaea know that she had a choice at least and that the two packs would be close allies. Before he could fully analyze the thought or his feelings on the matter a familiar scent came to him, slowly growing stronger until Keith himself appeared. He smiled at the older male, happy that he had found them. He maintained his confident stance, but he wagged his own tail a few times at the other male's arrival. He watched with slight amusement and much pride as Narime' shifted her stance to a more dominant one. He knew that the behavior was unnatural to her, but she would adjust beautifully now and she would soon wear the mantel of leadership with ease.

When she inquired of Keith's identity he answered first. "Narime', Simaea, this is Keith Tatum. He has traveled with me from the Wildwood to join our family." Then he shifted his gaze slightly to complete the introductions, first with a nod towards the black yearling, then to the fae by his side. "Keith, this young lady is Simaea and this is my lovely mate, Narime' Lagina Thorben." The pride in his deep voice as he spoke her name was quite apparent.

(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2013, 11:09 PM by Sloane.)
Knight of Honor