(See All?) Announcements
697 Users Online
Google, Bing

Broken — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 231 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti "Celestina" Aranna
Date a week or two after her thread with Hollow. She is too scared herself to even dare think about checking if she was pregnant.

I'm a soldier - wounded so I must give up the fight

Ashanti’s icy blue eyes were extremely hesitant; her broken form of herself was terrifying her. She knew that she was raped, but she still had no idea what these consequences were. Was it true that the demon had chosen her to spawn him demon. She had no idea if she was pregnant or not. She was terrified for a few reasons alone. One was that she went out by herself and deserved this; she should have taken someone with her. The second was not running, she had talked to him, but he deceived her. The last, she was afraid that she had broken Nina’s trust in this, it wasn't her fault, but rules were rules. She feared that she, yet again, would not have a pack to call home.

I've got nothing left - just an empty heart

There was obvious fear in her eyes as she trembled. She sat behind the borders, in a ball again, neither into the thickets nor the Secret Woodlands territory. She let out small and pitiful yowls for Nina and Koda. They were able to spread, but they were faint. The scents of the male were now almost gone, but the emotional damage was done. She was broken, falling in an endless pit of despair. She herself couldn’t identify if she was pregnant, she was too scared to, she hoped Nina could tell and deliver the news. She shouldn't have returned, but Hollow had convinced her that she needed to talk to Nina. The trip back had been a total of two weeks’ time. The scents of the pack had started to fade to her. She was distant. She was never to be found again.

As the seasons change - remember how I used to be

(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2013, 03:06 AM by Ashanti.)
[Image: Ashanti-greysig02.png]
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
It had been a long journey back, Hollows pads ached they were swollen and he did not yet if they were infected but they throbbed painfully, the cuts down his sides had healed nicely though. When they finally reached the border the scents had weakened his irritation was peaked there. Is it only me and the alphas that mark these? He shoved the thought aside and stepped back into his home and began to breathe deep. Ashanti remained withdrawn and terrified behind him, he opened his jaws and howled powerful and strong, this had to reach them. @Nina, @Koda we have and Injured pack mate, please hurry. He turned back towards Ashanti and waited far enough in front that she felt he hadn't already left, but also far enough she would not be able to hear him tell Nina what had happened.

He waited in silence as his pads throbbed, his heart began to swell, he could go and see the she wolf that had pushed him the whole way home @Azariah the golden wolf he had fallen for. It had been entirely too long he needed to see her soon or he felt his heart would surely give up. For through the weeks they had trekked home, the thought that drove him onward was a simple one, What if this had been Azariah? Not to mention he would not give up until the males entrails were scattered from the mountain to the wildwood but he would give it his all to get her home, and so he would do the same for Ashanti. The yearling waited staring directly into the trees with a no expression upon his face waiting for his call to be answered.

Played by Jen who has 55 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Azariah Phoenix
The golden wolf lay beneath the thicket, depression trying to sneak up on her once more. Whenever that happened she set herself the task of exploring and locating the herbs that were just beginning to show signs of life once more. This time she simply lay therr and wondered for the millionth time where Hollow had gone. He'd been nowhere to be seen for weeks now and the thought that he'd left or heaven forbid he was hurt somewhere plagued the girl endlessly.

Another pack mate was missing as well and Azariah couldn't help the flicker of jealousy that flared at the thought that they'd gone missing around the same time. She loved Hollow and she knew that he loved her too, but after all this time alone the jealousy monster was attempting to rear it's ugly head and she was having a harder and harder time beating it down. Although, she had to admit that being jealous was much better than when she let herself think of the other possibility. That one or both of them were hurt or sick somewhere.

When his voice finally came, not even raging bulls could have kept the yearling away. Someone was hurt, he had said. That couldn't be good... She darted in and out of bushes and ducked under a low branch that raked her back as she scurried below it. Tufts of creamy golden fur hung in the air where random branched plucked it from her determined form.When she arrived at the border, she was panting, but her eyes were lit with love for her beau. He's back! He's finally back! Her tail wagged furiously behind her upon seeing Hollow, but stopped almost instantly when she saw the cowering form of Ashanti behind him. She looked jittery and uncertain, afraid even. What had happened these past weeks? She walked slowly towards the large white fae, pausing to nuzzle Hollow's scruff along the way.

The Healer in her quickly evaluated the situation. Both wolves had been gone for a long time, long enough for the pack scent to have nearly disappeared from their coats. Ashanti, who had ever appeared confident and sure of herself appeared almost broken. Something told her this was major. Slowly she walked toward the other young woman, her tail waving a slow peace sign. Stopping a couple of yards away she could smell Hollow on her fur, but there was another faint scent too. Much stronger than it should have been for casual encounters. There was also the scent of stale hormones from Ashanti's heat cycle.

Without a word, realization of what might have happened dawned on her. A male had been with Ashanti. The million dollor question was if her fear was due to regrets or something far more sinister. She would find out exactly what happened soon enough, likely when Nina and Koda arrived. She wasn't sure what the right thing to do or say was, since the girl looked ready to bolt at any moment, so she settled for giving her and encouraging smile and whispering a soft "Welcome home." to her.

Destiny leads and I follow...for I am Destiny's Child
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

It had been quite awhile since Nina’s sprits had been lifted, knowing that Koda would be by her side, and that they were now going to have children. It had now been around two weeks since he had claimed her, and the scent was easily coming off of her. As a Healer, it was probably more pronounced to her than those around her but she did know that the scent was definitely there. She had been relieved to find that Kashikoi had returned, but Koda and Nina had soon sent him on a journey afterwards, hoping that he would find more of himself on the way. It was one reason why she was taking a moments break, just letting herself collect her thoughts. She hadn’t expected for a distressing call from Hollow, filled with utmost urgency to disrupt the quiet.

Her one good eye had instantly snapped open, fear of what could be going on. Quickly standing, she rushed towards where the call had sounded, her eye mixed with worry and her frantic paw steps filled with urgency. So caught up in getting towards her pack mates she barely noticed the large tuff of fur yanked off of her coat from the thickets. Finally, she arrived, her tail instantly waving high above her back, and her eye scanning the area and inhaling. The familiar scent of blood tainted her nostrils and something else…the scent that almost spelt familiar to the way Aeylen had smelt like her first weeks of carriage…only Nina knew it was not her.

Snapping her good eye over to Azariah, her emerald eye looked back over towards Ashanti, anger boiling in her blood as she stared at the female. Something seemed to register in Nina’s heart though, for it soon began to ache for the girl. Compared to how Nina had last seen her, she was now small and almost terrified. And so, taking a deep breath she demanded quickly, "What has happened here?" Thoughts continued to race though her head, knowing what she might have to do and one thought penetrating her mind, I am the only one allowed to have pups within the pack. If anyone else shall bear children, there will be dire consequences.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
[Koda doesn't have to join in, but more then willing to. Posting order for now is Ashanti, Hollow, Azariah, Nina]

Leaving flowers on your grave

Ashanti snarled at Azariah as she attempted to approach her. She backed away once Nina arrived. Azariah had given her a welcome home, but truly, she was not being welcomed. She felt like she was being trapped here. Nina arrived and demanded to know what was going on, she would have been crying her eyes out if she could cry. Since she couldn’t she tried to hide even more. "Nina. So scared so sorry, shouldn’t have gone alone, had to find herbs. The orange eyes, evil orange eyes; Black fur, devil black fur. Evil forest." She whimpered, her fear radiating off of her. She didn’t want this; all she had wanted was to bring back herbs to help the pack. But instead she returned only because Hollow found her and she returned pregnant. This was not what she willed.

Show that I still care, Black roses and hail Mary's

She would take any punishment given to her, she didn’t care, she deserved this because of her idiocy. Her few words that she said, felt like a million. She felt as if with those words she had told them the entire story; she went herb hunting in the Ghastly Wood, which she had met a male and he raped her when she tried to make a sudden leave. It was scary, she may have looked uninjured on the outside, but there was no hiding the emotional scarring. If another guy turned up, she would bolt. She didn’t realize what she had said. Though she was hiding, she laid down, exposing her soft belly and her neck and any weak points exposed. She whimpered loudly, a lot of fear mixed into it. How was she going to help Nina and her pups with this all happening? She was ready for judgment; she thought she already knew though. She had even told Hollow when she was home, that she would not return. She had unwillingly broken a pack law, though she still broke the pack law. Fear was all that her mind could process. That was all that was left in her. She was fearful that she could die, that someone from Secret Woodland’s that was present would kill her, or that someone would be sent to kill her. She was paranoid.

Just like the hearse you die to get in again

(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2013, 04:20 PM by Ashanti.)
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Not in the very least did Hollow ever expect the first wolf he saw to show up. It had been so long that he felt he may forget her scent or the way her fur looked like a sea of gold when she moved. As Azariah burst forth from the trees, Hollow felt his heart speed up, he had not wanted her to see this, to see the things that could happen. He hadn't wanted her to see his raw pads that were torn half to shreds either but now he had no choice. He could not hide anything from either of them, not from Nina, nor Azariah. He felt the golden she wolf nuzzle his scruff and instead of the jolt it usually gave him, it was a softer feel, that soothed him and unknown to his love, it had also prepared him for what he had to say.

All too soon did the moment he dreaded arrive, Nina appeared promptly and Hollow's heart skipped a beat, now he was nervous and afraid of what might happen. He cast a long look at Azariah and held her in his gaze, gathering himself for what would be the worst news he had ever had to deliver. He approached them both and keeping his voice low he overturned one paw to show it cracked and caked with dried blood. "I tried to chase him... but I lost his scent, I was too late. Ashanti has been... taken... by force, it's not her fault, she was out searching for herbs to bring back to the stores. She was gone for a while so I got worried and went to look. Apparently he was black with orange eyes, she keeps on whimpering about him even in her sleep. Her scent changed and I think... I think...." He trailed off knowing full well that this would be the moment he got snapped at if it were to come, if he were to be blamed or forbid it, he was thought to be the one who did it. He set his gaze on Azariah sadness raw in his eyes, exhaustion making them dull and pain tempering their usual fire.

"She was only trying to be a good healer. This never should have happened. Please Nina, show her mercy I know it's against pack law but she did not ask for this, I don't... I don't want to be sentencing another wolf to death, she would never survive in her state." Hollow then sat down heavily, he was so tired, the yearling had not slept but a few moments when he could between being on guard day and night and the constant battle to get Ashanti to go on. His words were spent and he could not explain what happened or what he thought any better. The young male began to sway and had to steady himself, exhaustion was making him weak and he was hoping it hadn't made him speak to freely.

Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
ooc: oops, I thought I was missing a post somewhere! I hope it's alright if I say Koda eavesdrops as Hollow starts talking, and comes in right after? Just so Koda doesn't have to ask whats going on and slow everything down. If anyone has a problem with this, please let me know!

Koda had been tracking a deer trail at the territory's edge, hoping to find promising hunting grounds so that Nina would get all the energy she needed for the days to come. However, his concentration was broken when a small, strained cry, one that could barely be deciphered as a wolf's howl, met his ears. He lifted his head from the trail, curious as to what it could be about while some intuition told him such a broken call could mean nothing good. He was already moving towards the howl at a quick but steady gait, having learned that anything too hasty only earned him tripped paws and scuffed shoulders.

A second voice that Koda recognized as Hollow's rang through the quiet woodlands, the message carried proving that something was wrong. As he came closer, the scent of his packmates met him, and it was with a shock he noticed that it was not only Nina's carrying the musk of pregnancy. Trouble indeed, but Koda kept himself from jumping to the numerous hasty conclusions that could be drawn. He came to a stop behind one of the innumerable bunches of brambles as he heard Hollow's voice, low and weary. Koda listened, heart dropping at what he had heard. After Hollow spoke, Koda then made himself known, striding forward to stand beside Nina, his shoulder brushing along hers in support as his head and tail rose authoritatively.

His face was stern, eyes dark with anger. He wanted to be mad, and he had to admit a small part of him was, his and Nina's sole right to reproduction had been breached... But if what Hollow said was true, it wasn't of Ashanti's choosing to become gravid. Just looking at Ashanti was the unfortunate assurance of her suffering, the scared, hunted look she had in her eye. Rational thought ruled that justice would not be served in punishing the victim. "If anyone is to be sentenced to death, I promise you it won't be Ashanti." Koda said firmly. Ashanti certainly wouldn't be killed, he could not allow it, but with cubs of their own on the way he had to keep their well being in mind, too. He tilted his head slightly, looking to Nina out of the corner of his eye. Though fully composed on the outside, the smallest glint of uncertainty shone through for only his mate to see.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Thea who has 52 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Ecco D'Oliva
          In an instant, the Subordinate rushed to the scene of the howl. Ecco's instinct purely functioned on autopilot in this instance, for the tone and melody of the howl announcing to the rest of the Woodlands to gather amongst each other was too dire for any Woodland wolf to slumber through or disregard. Ecco might have pulled a brief mission in action stint from the rest of the Woodlands in recovery of herself, however Ecco could not label herself as a true functioning Woodlands pack member if she did not heed the call and assistance of her own pack family. Her dark paws were swift and hasty in their paw falls, bringing her to the scene of the gathering in the manner of a sailing black raven swooping in. Her breath was semi-ragged, however her amber eyes ablaze at the individuals present. Nina, Koda, Hollow, Azariah (to who Ecco only knew by name yet), and... Ashanti.

Ecco arrived at the last bit of the situation, and the D'Oliva didn't even need to hear words of what was going on. The current state of Ashanti was very much broken, no less Ecco's nostrils flared toward Ashanti's direction. Her scent, her very pheromones that wafted from her, were different. After the act of impregnation the natural body chemicals altered themselves with the change of the womb, and it was based on pure instinct alone that Ashanti's scent suddenly became altered by this. A shocking revelation, to which Ecco could also feel the strained heat wafting from both Leaders present, and uncertain vibes emitting from the rest. The Subordinate kept quiet before everyone would be done speaking, the motherly tendency to wander over to Ashanti's side to nuzzle her in comfort strong, but couldn't find the means to move herself toward her. Ecco feared if she came in a hair's contact of Ashanti, her fragile, beautiful figure would shatter.

The situation was not of a joyous occasion, as immediately this was something quite burdening on every single member of the Woodland. Koda spoke with deep recognition of spilling blood to the individual who caused this, and Ecco blinked in silence, keeping her thoughts to herself. A few seconds of momentary pauses, and Ecco finally mustered up the courage to speak. "Whoever hurt Ashanti like this will be killed on the spot. I want to hunt down whoever was responsible, now." Ecco spoke, the crescendo of her own anger welling up inside her and bleeding into her tone. Although it was not her position nor right to command such an action, Ecco was becoming increasingly aware that something, somebody, would be so cruel and unforgiving to hurt such a sweet individual as Ashanti. Ashanti had always been perfection in Ecco's eyes since the first day they met before initiation into the Woodlands pack, and for anyone who hurt her pack, her family, there would be dire consequences from even the lowest of the Subordinates in the hierarchy.
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Sorry for skipping Azariah. I really needed to get something up. <3

Her position was not aggressive nor was it tense, but it did hold a sense of power to it. Being fair with the way she did things she listened as Ashanti rambled about going to find herbs and meeting a man…a man that scared her out of her fur. Even though concern started to flow through the golden wolf’s veins, she still did not understand how that had effected the situation in front of them. When Hollow’s soft voice spoke up, her single eye drifted towards him and ears pricked in his general direction. With each word more anger started to well up within the woman, though her anger was mot directed at Ashanti. In her emerald orb, there was a raging battle and it was clear to anyone her looked at her, that she was beyond furious. Commanding herself to calm down, she breathed deeply and composed herself, just as Koda arrived. His body brushing against her shoulder was all she needed to calm down, his voice booming over the area around them. What he said was true, but when Ecco, a faithful member of hers walked in and her eyes took in the scene, her words were something that stopped Nina’s thoughts quickly and she promptly shook her head.

Clearing her throat, she spoke strongly, "No. We will not kill him, for we are not murderers and we are certainly not sick and twisted like him," there was a pause to her words before she continued, "However, if this man is spotted do not hesitate to attack and make him pay for what he has done to our family member." Her emerald gaze once again swept over Ashanti, sadness making her heart ache. Turning even more business, do to what she was about to do, she turned to Azariah, her voice clear, giving a brisk order to the yearling, "Azariah, I need you to bring me two stalks of lavender and a moss ball…you might want to look for the herb in the Fields." She then flicked her tail behind her and slowly approached the shrinking yearling. What she had gone through had not been something that she should have ever had to experience. And whoever did so was going to pay.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank

These bright lights have always blinded me. These bright lights have always blinded me, I say. I see you lying next to me. With words I thought I'd never speak, Awake and unafraid. Asleep or dead.

Ashanti heard faintly what Hollow had said, her mind was so jumbled that she barely knew what anyone said anymore. She saw Koda enter the scene and she looked at him, Hollow saying her being kicked out of the pack was a death sentence and Koda testifying that she would not be sentenced to death comforted her little. Ecco came into the scene next and called that she would personally hunt down the man who had done this to her. As soon as she saw Nina's anger start to swell, she thought she knew what would happen next. She was not terrified, knowing the end of her. Then Nina calmed down, she was confused, but her fear of everything around her still overpowered her. She was shaking in fear. Then Nina spoke her judgement and Ashanti felt like the angels in Aranna had blessed her. "No. We will not kill him, for we are not murderers and we are certainly not sick and twisted like him," there was a pause then her alpa continued. "However, if this man is spotted do not hesitate to attack and make him pay for what he has done to our family member." The words were a sense of relief and closure, yet her mind still jumbled and questions filled it.

(How can I see, I see you lying) 'Cause I see you lying next to me. (How can I see, I see you lying) With words I thought I'd never speak. (How can I see, I see you lying) Awake and unafraid. (How can I see, I see you lying) Asleep or dead.

Ashanti heard as Nina commanded Azariah to get Lavender stalks and a moss ball. Ashanti should have known what those were for, however she couldn't think clearly and an answer would not come to her. She could smell the change of scent on Nina and knew that her alpha was going to have pups. With some of the worries about Nina killing her clearing her head, she could tell her own scent was changing. Fantastic, just what I need. She thought, the first bit of sarcasm, or any emotion other then fright that she had felt in a while. The unselfish and kind wolves till called her a family members. She was puzzled. "B-B-Bu-But pack laws." She whimpered, she still did not think that she deserved this. She admitted to herself, if she ever saw that man again, she would do more then just attack him. She wanted his blood splattered on the ground and his dead body lying alone and curled up in a ball for what he put her through. She wanted his heart ripped out of his chest and make him bleed out. The same with the cursed bastard child developing that she never wanted. The one that was forced upon her.

These are my famous last words, keep them safe with me and keep them safe with you. Remember me when I'm gone from this world weary flesh.

(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2013, 06:06 PM by Ashanti.)