(See All?) Announcements
664 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Adora, Sophrosnia

The Ballad of the Broken Records — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Littlewing who has 44 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Itai Sole
It was a lonesome night, or so it seemed. The waning moon lit a path for the cream-brown wolf to follow as she made her way into the opening. She tips her head upward, nose pointing at the moon. She wished she could howl, but that would bring unnecessary attention toward her. With a heavy sigh, her head now droops before her pace of walk slows. Emerald blades of grass have started to poke out of the earth's surface; she drags her paws over them.

Itai settles near a small grouping of rocks. She seats herself quietly. Her mind is heavy with thoughts as she wonders where she will end up next. Most of her encounters in this new land have been positive thus far. Hopefully her streak of fortune would continue. Eyes looking to the moon again, a gentle smile causes her dark lips to waver. Itai allows her lids to close, and she leans back. She wishes she had company. She hated being alone.

The air was cool, but not freezing. Spring was arriving. Spring was undoubtedly her favorite season, with autumn falling in second. Watching everything come back to life and starting again for a new year- it always inspired her. Every year was different for her, or at least she tried for it to be. Why live every day in the same way? She was a spontaneous creature, but her heart begged for her to settle. She needed a pack- a family. All in good time, though. There was no need to rush. The harsh challenge of winter was coming to an end, so the loner life would be a bit easier, for now.

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2013, 03:14 PM by Itai.)
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Note to Admins: I know there's no official pack yet. If that does not happen I will edit these posts.

Narimé was used to hunting away from her old packs borders. Though it might have been a bad idea for her to be so far away from her new family by the cave den. She was still very young, though at least the silver hunter was strong enough to take care of herself for a short while.

Right now the gray wolf was out scouting for a meal. The moon light made for perfect conditions and allowed for wolves to hunt the deer while they rested. Narimé was in her element, though she still felt a little off for the past week. Her speed was off which was unusual, and she'd been sleeping in lately which was uncommon for the energetic she wolf. Her scent had also changed once more. From the alluring smell to a more normal but still off scent. Nari would find out eventually that this scent meant that she was pregnant.

Her nose caught the scent of an adult female wolf. Nari's gray ears came forward and her eyes searched through the shadows for the wolf. It was true that their borders were not as strong as larger packs. So Narimé guessed that wolves wouldn't notice it till they practically crossed them, and this female was rather close to their border.

I wonder if she's looking for a place to stay... I could use another helper when it comes to hunting. She began pressing onward towards the other she wolf. Until her blue gaze spotted the woman among the patchwork of short grasses.

"Good evening miss!" Narimé called out before she got too close to the woman. She didn't want to scare her.

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2013, 05:05 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Itai Sole
Her ears swivel back as words pierce the night air. Her hackles almost rise, but Itai remains cool and collected. She shifts now, turning toward the greeting. A younger wolf stood within the glow of the moon, her silvery pelt polished by the light. Itai's eyes observe her cautiously as her nostrils widen. There was an interesting scent about her. It seemed familiar, but she couldn't quite put her paw on it. With a tilt of her head, she swoops her body up off the ground so she stands.

"Hello" She greets the wolf back. Her tail sways, but remains low. Paws begin kneading the softening earth; Itai grows anxious. She does not know what to say next. Looking quickly at the ground, she clears her throat awkwardly. The familiar scent finally clicks in her head. Pups. She must be a pack leader? She seemed so young! Good for her, though...

Bringing herself to smile, Itai dipped her head. "I apologize if I am near your pack borders." Her voice is calm and quiet, but she makes eye contact with the silver-coated one before her. The moon is at her back now, and she silently wishes she was still facing it. Instead, the wolf that approached her now had the glory of looking at it all to herself.

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2013, 05:03 PM by Itai.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Narimé was a bit cautious at first, though she kept her calm demeanor and an open attitude. Now as the female greeted her Narimé was sure that she wasn't some angry or sad wolf looking to pick a fight. Luckily for her most of the wolves the silver female met were kind ones.

Then the female moved in a way that Narimé wasn't sure how to react. She dipped her head in greeting and spoke of borders. Still being unused to her lofty position in the pack order Narimé floundered for a bit before speaking.

"You are just a little close but that's fine since you haven't crossed them yet." She answered truthfully squinting her eyes to watch the she wolf. The moon was quite nice tonight though right now it was almost blinding the hunter having to look straight at its radiance.

"So are you hunting out here on this beautiful night? Or just wandering around?" Narimé was curious about this female. She seemed to have pulled through winter well enough on her own, but the woman had a good personality so far. Not some depressed psycho wolf with issues. Just a normal she wolf with a good head on her shoulders. At least that's what Narimé was guessing at. She might be looking for a pack too.. The idea stuck in her head as she waited for the woman to speak.

"Oh and I'm Narimé Lagina Thorben by the way." Once more she forgot to speak of what pack she led. Narimé still had a long way to go to become a respected alpha.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Itai Sole
Itai took in the name and face. "I am Itai Sole." She notices Narimé squinting, and decides to move. With careful steps, she moves around the small grouping of rocks and across from Narimé rather than in front of her with her back to the moon. "There," she starts, allowing a friendly smile to form upon her muzzle now, "Now we can both see each other well." Offering a small chuckle, she sits back down.

"I am wandering, unfortunately." For some reason, Soul feels comfortable. She loosens her shoulders, allowing her body to relax. Flicking her bushy tail, she speaks yet again. "You must be getting busy since pups will be on the way!" Soul says this with enthusiasm, like she herself is expecting. She secretly wished she could have pups, but it seemed like such a far-out aspiration that it would never happen. Not allowing such to bring her down, the smile remains strong upon her light colored face.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

The tense air diminished as the wolves stood there under the glittering moonlight. Then the loner smiled and sat next to her. Nari's eyes took her in again now able to see the woman's coat colors and body type. A creamy coloring across her pelt accompanied the light brown eyes that glittered back in the starlight. Her build was mid-sized and Narimé realized that this female was probably a very good hunter.

She smiled back after Itai gave her name then chuckled with her as the cream she wolf referred to the moon's brightness.

"Yep!" Then she listened as miss Sole spoke of wandering. Nari did not miss being alone. It was fun to get out once in a while and explore the world, but she loved knowing that she had a home and family to go back to. It seemed like this woman no longer had a family to go back to. Or perhaps she'd simply wandered too far and could not go back to her family? Whatever the reason Nari nodded understanding the unfortunate situation of having to wander aimlessly. For she'd done the same before joining Willow Ridge.

Then Itai became excited and said something that caught Nari off guard. Busy...with pups..on the way? Her eyes grew wide and her fur stock out in shock.

"Pups? On the way? I'm having pups?" Nari was still surprised, even though she knew it was supposed to happen. Her face blushed and her tail began twitching into a slow wag. "How are you sure?" She asked Itai growing equally excited.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Itai Sole
Itai was suddenly sent into confusion. Wait, she doesn't know she's pregnant? Soul raises a brow, her smile slowly slipping away. Her tail tucks downward in her confusion, and all she managed was an "err" to slip out of her mouth. She takes in a breath before calming herself. "Yes...well, by your scent... that's what I'm getting." Her head tilts and she peers at the silvery female. How curious. She seemed so innocent and unknowing.

"Either that, or someone else within your pack is carrying pups, but I doubt that." With a shrug, she looks to her paws, still a bit confused. Her tail curls around her right haunch before she looks back to Narimé. A soft wind blows now, but it isn't as cold as the gusts winter blows. The incoming spring air mingles with her coat before she stands back up.

"You're certainly going to be eating a lot... were you looking for food, by the way?" It wasn't a direct invitation, but Itai would hunt with the wolf if she wished. It was an easier way for her to get food. Perhaps she could get to know the expecting female better.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Her heart skipped a few beats. Was that why I don't have to be near Sloane so much anymore? She asked herself feeling very giddy at that particular moment. She was going to be a mother!

"Ahhehehe.. Sorry I don't mean to be sooo surprised.. I mean.. I don't know.. I just didn't realize that I was pregnant yet. Hehehe.." Her tail wagged pleasantly behind her as she grinned happily in the moonlight. The thoughts of pups playing safely by the den passing through her head. The soft wind ruffling the fur across the scars along the back of her neck making them tickle.

"Do you like pups Itai?" She asked quickly wondering if there was any wolf who could possibly not like those little blue eyes staring up in wonder at you. Pups were pups, and a wolfs life should revolve around them.

"Well yeah hunting sounds great.. Ahh.. Do you mind if I head out with you?" She cocked her head a bit waiting for Itai to answer. It's also a good chance to see her abilities for myself. If I want to invite her to the pack that is. She was still thinking of pups bouncing around at her feet. Only now she was thinking of how much food they were going to need.

Our little pack will definitely do well with another hunter. The silver wolf gestured for the cream woman to lead if she wanted.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Itai Sole
If Itai had hands, she would certainly face-palm herself. She looks at Narimé, and smiles politely at her. With her tail wagging, she grins at the wolf's question. "I do" she says, her head nodding. "I used to play with them in my old pack." Her old pack... that was long left behind. She turns now, beginning to walk as Narimé agrees to go on a hunt. A hunt under the full moon excited her. She feels herself tremor from excitement, but remains composed.

Peering to her side, Itai slows her pace to have Narimé walking by her side. She turns her head now, speaking in a hushed tone, "What were you looking to go after?" Itai looks at Narimé's belly, and thinks twice. Though she was early in her pregnancy, she didn't want the woman straining herself. Maybe a deer wasn't a good idea. Seeing as the wolf didn't even know she was pregnant, Itai wished she could take her question back.

"I wonder what lurks under the full moon tonight. I'm starved." Itai feels slightly bad for thinking her previous thought. She throws the words out to see what Narimé would say in reply. If she really wanted to get a deer, Itai was taking it upon herself to leap onto the deer. She didn't even know this wolf, yet she cared about her- what was that about? Itai closes her lids for a moment, rolling her eyes secretly at herself as they continue along.

(This post was last modified: Mar 28, 2013, 09:18 PM by Itai.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

She slunk after the she wolf with a bounce in her step and a happy feeling still warming her heart. Narimé had a lot to think about now. But for now hunting..err... wait.. hunting's dangerous.. If I am pregnant then.. She paused suddenly worried about the little lives forming inside of her. Nari did not want them to get hurt just because she felt like hunting. What was she supposed to do?

"Uh.. well.. I guess. There's not much else for me to do. If I'm like this. I might not be much help in a hunt. But may I be honest with you?" She paused thinking seriously about her situation and trying to come up with a good way to sound leader-like. First off raise yourself up a little Nari... the silver wolf told herself knowing that she hadn't been keeping her head height as high as a leader normally would.

"So far I know that you are a good wolf. With a kind heart and not some quiet independent wolf. I think.. That you might be looking for a pack, and..well.. Our pack will need another hunter since I won't be able to hunt so often anymore. " She lifted her head a bit but kept a friendly expression on her face. "I can offer you a home if you would like. A pack and a family, but only.. if you show me how good your hunting skills are. With anything, the prey doesn't have to be big or large." She smiled and waited. Nari knew that she could probably help out if it was rabbits or something small, but now knowing that she was pregnant, Narimé didn't want to risk large game and injury.