(See All?) Announcements
451 Users Online
Bing, Viorel, Google

Just Imagine — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
This is for @Namara and Nina only. Set on 03/24/13. Ummm. You can post first Ghoff.

Their journey had been just as much of a pain in the ass as he had thought, and even longer than it had taken for him and Eva to arrive weeks prior. He had to give it to the woman though, she did not complain as much as Ash would have thought she would. It was quite obvious on their way that Namara was in loads of pain. They had to stop and rest quite often and Ash found himself constantly looping back to help her over obstacles. Every once and awhile, he was almost sure that he had seen her leg throbbing, though he blamed it on his imagination, he could not help but lie and say that he needed to break, in order to get her to rest and not over work herself.

Throughout their trip the man kept hearing his lost love’s voice echoing throughout his head, giving him advice and scolding him for things that would be quite obvious to others. Sometimes throughout the days, he had wondered if he was safe to be around considering he was hearing the voice of her constantly. That’s right, I’m still here and not going away anytime soon. If he would ever have any private time with his sister than he would be sure to ask her about his “mental” problem. Twitching his tail, they had finally made their way to the thickets, his tail brushing lightly against Namara’s side to slow her to a stop. Hopefully, Nina would be within her territory and if not, the two would probably stick around until his sister returned.

Raising his head, he called to the sky, summoning his sister. Perhaps this time she would not be too shocked to see them…but Namara more shocked to see her. Clearing his throat, he spoke slightly to the exhausted looking female next to him, “I must warn you…my sister is umm…different…than other wolves.” And Ash did not mean just physically. He meant mentally too. Sometimes he could not even understand what his sister was saying, as it had some kind of rhyme that he sometimes had to think about for a long while before he could reply. Always either too much detail or not enough…very rarely did her words actually make sense right on the spot. He just hoped that it would not surprise Namara too much.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Played by Ghoff who has 133 posts.
V. Subordinate
Namara Hervok
Oh yes Namara If you keep pushing it your leg will be useless.

The trip had been agonizing and every time Ash's head turned in her direction her jaws would clench and eyes regard him with a cold, neutral look. The pain, in truth was excruciating and it took all of the grey females strength not to yelp with every step. Namara's entire body was in agony, and even though she no longer vomited blood she could still feel pain in her stomach every now and then. It had also been and quite obvious that Ash did not need all the rest he was forcing on her, By the fifth stop Namara realized this was his way of helping her without saying it. So instead of opening her big mouth and pointing out that she was not a pup and knew when to quit she kept her silence, only speaking to say "thank's" every time he had to come back and help her over obstacles. There were a few times during the journey that fear began to creep up her spine when she noticed that her leg would make a strange pop sometimes accompanied by numbness for a few moments, and she seemed to have a burning sensation in her throat when she exerted a lot of effort and energy.

They arrived at the border to a strange pack and Ash released a howl for his sister, Namara merely kept quiet as he spoke to her. Yeah I'm sure I can be scared by a strange looking wolf She thought almost condescendingly to his words. Unless she had antlers Namara was very sure she would not be startled, however the female had no idea of the leaders way of speaking. With that thought she lay down and began to scent the air, and the border, from what she gathered, the two strongest scents were of a male and a female, but they did not have the mixture of each other that mates would, but one of the scents, the female's, seemed to have the faintest aroma of Ash. She could only assume this was a guardian's regular patrol route and that the female must be Ash's sister Nina. She lay there for long moments letting her body relax from the journey and continued to pull the scents of only one other male, and quite a few females from the border. This information she stored away just in the event that she ever ran across one of these scents in the mountains, she was sure she would owe them assistance as she was about to ask them for help. Namara was already preparing herself for she knew she would have to swallow her pride for this encounter.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

It had been a normal day so far, already having done her border run for the day, the pregnant woman moved through her territory with a grace…with power, one that only she could possess within her lands. She moved easily through the thorny bushes and branches around her, being extra careful not to make a mistake and step on a thorn. An infection was the last thing the beautiful woman would wish for. She had not expected the call that summoned her, much like the first time she had heard her brother’s voice on the outskirts of her borders. This time, it seemed as though his call were much more urgent but at the same time extremely confident compared to the first time. At first he had been unsure if these were her borders and now she knew. Now that Poison Path and the Woodland wolves were in a alliance together now, she was not too surprised to find that her brother was calling for her. The only thing that slightly bothered her was the urgency within the call’s undertones.

Her healthy body turned though the thickets easily, her single emerald eye darting through the thickets, marking places that would make good areas for things such as healing and denning. Pursing her lips, she came upon her borders, her tail swaying high above her back and head raising high, signaling her place as alpha among the lands. Upon her arrival, she nodded towards her brother before her eye wandered over towards the pack mate that he had brought with him. The disheveled appearance of the female caused her eyebrows to crease in concern for the woman. Cocking her head slightly to the side, she introduced herself briefly, "Nina Reinier…" The woman then turned to her burly brother, concern laced her in emerald eye. What had happened?

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

His sister did not let the silent pair wait long, for soon the brown wolf with golden tints within her fur appeared through the shadows, her mysterious entrance not shocking him so much this time. Though what did give him a start was the scent. Checking just to make sure he was not losing his mind, he almost stretched forward, scenting the air around the lady quickly. What he had thought was true…his sister was having pups, which meant he was an uncle. You will make a good one. Silencing the traitorous thoughts in his head he nodded towards his sister as she introduced herself to the Laylani sibling, her brown head quickly turning towards him. The question did not need to be spoken to be asked. He did not know how to explain what had happened to her, without insulting Namara, and so, he just stated the facts plain and simple.

Clearing his throat, his voice was now somewhat hesitant, “Namara was attacked by Rhysis and she was injured quite majorly…and I think…she broke her leg.” His mossy eyes stared at his sister as he waited for her to say something for evaluate Namara. The golden female was sure to get the meaning behind his words, his brows creasing and tail twitching silently behind him. If Nina could see the pain and inner turmoil that his pack mate was going through then maybe they could both help one another out. He did not wish anything bad to happen to either one of them, but Ash knew that if Namara’s leg was broken she was no going to be able to use it for fighting or hunting and all thoughts of training Kamota to make him better would vanish. But before he decided anything he had to be sure.

V. Subordinate
Namara Hervok
No words were spoke until a golden brown she wolf appeared, and exuded complete power over the scene. Though Namara, hard headed as she was, only acknowledged the air of confidence and grace surrounding the leader with a flick of her ear, and a dip of her head for since she was already on the ground she could not do any more "Namara Laylani". Her name rolled smoothly off her tongue to the female. The appearance of the leader was a little odd to the Laylani but only in that it was strange for wolves to follow a one eyed wolf, on the other side she could feel the power resonating from the lady of the thickets in such a way that she could understand it.

Ash spoke and his story was a little off, however it would have appeared that way to most from the outside as if Rhysis had been the instigator of the whole affair, it was true he had tried to attack her but Athena and that other she wolf had shown up and saved her from a terrible fate. "I wouldn't say he attacked me Ash, he wanted to, but Athena and some other black she wolf was there to break it up." She addressed her leader with a little more of her old fire before turning to speak with Nina, "I fell, there was an avalanche and I slipped on the ice, that was the last part I clearly remember, then everything got fuzzy, if it hadn't been for Athena and Ash I would be dead now. I don't think it's broken, I can still walk on it and that just means it's hurt right?" The large she wolf's tone changed at her last few words, it became hopeful, with the very subtle undertone of fear. Her eyes began to show it and she kept her gaze trained directly on Nina, Ash would not get to see her be afraid.

Namara knew something could be very wrong with her and she had been denying the possibility that she would never be able to hunt or fight properly. If she couldn't train Kamota she would have failed him and forever have hate rooted in her heart, hate just for her, just for Namara Laylani, the evil sister. Just the very thought of failure and the fear began to make her blood pressure raise and her stomach began to twinge uncomfortably causing her face to now completely show that she was in some sort of pain.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The female’s name graced the alpha’s ears as she looked once more towards her brother, his informative tone addressing her, sweet and brief, just the way she liked it. The female, Namara, soon spoke up, contradicting what Ash had reported and it was as if she could feel the anger slowly rising within his brother’s veins for not getting the story correct, apparently from misconception. Upon what she had heard from both wolves, the woman kept a steely gaze, approaching Namara’s currently small form due to her laying down away from her borders. With her tactical green eyes she blinked at the wind blew in her direction, slightly drying out her emerald orb before moistening as she quickly blinked away the dryness. With the Poisoned wolf’s question towards her, she approached the woman, her body instinctively going towards the leg that looked deformed. Softly she muttered to the lady, "I apologize in advance if this hurts…"

Then the woman probed the leg with her paw, her eye brows creasing at the shattered bones within the woman’s leg. Fortunately for Nina, she had only had the leg popped out of socket and it had surely been sore for awhile, but with time, she had surely healed. This seemed not to be of the case for young Namara though, as Nina took many steps back, trying to prepare herself giving the news to the woman. Taking a deep breath, she spoke, "It seems as though bones have shattered in your leg…meaning that you will probably have a limp for the rest of your life…however, if you really want to work towards being able to hunt and fight, I‘m sure there is a way to do so." Clenching her jaw, she watched in worry as the golden beauty waited for Namara to speak. Feeling terrible, she flicked her ear and looked slightly towards her brother. Would this effect him too?

V. Subordinate
Namara Hervok
Namara did not speak as Nina seemed to evaluate the situation, with an unreadable expression. She approached and muttered hushed words of apology before prodding her leg which to Namara felt an awful lot like she was standing on it. Namara felt the growl come unbidden and gritted her teeth and ducked her head down and away from Ash so that she was eye level with Nina's paws. The pain she felt was beginning to cause her blood pressure to raise and her stomach to once again burn. when at last she stepped away and moments before Nina spoke, the truth was already written in her eyes. Oh she knew, she knew that this was coming all along.

No... NO... this is wrong, it's all wrong it's fake, Namara wake up, wake up NOW! Her mind was racing as all thoughts crashed into one another and began to form two words. "Give up." She was so beaten down that it was already hard to continue, and now she finds that she may never get to serve her pack or help Kamota be a better pack mate, what was she to do? No more patrols, no more hunts, she was worthless now and might as well throw herself from the highest peak of the mountain. The darkness began to cloud her vision and her words came slow and dark. "Okay, when I get angry or upset, or just generally excited in any way, I have a shooting pain in my stomach... what is that?" Her voice was flat and her eyes dead, she looked as if she were being sentenced to death.

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

He waited patiently and watched as the two wolves who he cared about conversed with one another. His head lowered a fraction as he watched Nina check up on his pack mate, slightly horrified with the ounce of facial expression he had caught from Namara. His ears flicked back, worry obvious in his mossy green eyes. Quickly, he concealed himself once more to make sure no one saw his emotions. A steely glance was sent his sister’s way as she backed away from them. The way her eye shone at them told him all he needed to know. Swallowing, he listened as Nina gave them the diagnosis. His head turned towards his friend as saw the hope quickly leave every aspect of her body. What Nina had said though…Namara could do it, she was a committed wolf, and Ash would work her hard anyways, though not as hard as the others, she would get better, and she would learn how to commit with her broken leg.

Flicking his ears he listened as his pack mate mentioned yet another thing that was wrong with her. The fur on his spine slightly started to prickle as he sat next to Namara. Calm down, the voice whispered, she just did not want you to worry. Growling softly to himself, he tail flicked behind him, agitated that he had once again been left out on all the information that he needed. If he was going to help her, he at least expected to be able to have all the information involving the situation. Listening for what his sister would have to say about that, he sat silently, his brown head moving and eyes scanning the area around him. He briefly pondered on how Nina would manage in the thickets with only one eye…not having much insight on her other side, it must have taken her quite awhile to grow use to the new territory. Shaking his thoughts, he turned back to the situation in front of him.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Her ears twitched quickly, awaiting for an answer from the silent pair before her. She did not miss the look of anger that briefly flashed across his face before his mask returned itself to his facial expressions. He always did this, and she had a certain feeling that it was not merrily pack mate concern that had brought him here. Namara’s voice quickly brought her back to attention, her ears flickering as she listened to what the woman had to say. Nodding her head, she replied calmly, "The emotions you are mentioning are the ones that raise your blood pressure. It‘s probably a nerve, should settle over in a week or two…you just need to be careful."

Flicking her ears she locked her gaze with that of the Poisoned wolf in front of her. Thinking about her words briefly, she glanced at Ash before her gaze snapped back to the brown wolf in front of her. She then spoke, her voice like fluid, "I believe it is safe to say that others care and think highly of you, Namara. I would never give up, no matter what the circumstances. Do you know who gave me these scars?" She hadn’t originally planned on going this far with their meeting, but upon Ash’s reaction to everything, she suddenly understood why else she had brought her with him. Her brother didn’t just want her to evaluate the situation, he wanted her to know how much it was worth to live, how life was extremely precious and that one would have to value every second of it. Ash wanted her to make Namara know that nothing should be able to bring another down, no matter what the circumstance. And suddenly, it made sense as to why Ash had brought the woman to her.

V. Subordinate
Namara Hervok
The sounds of the world were muted now, the broad grey head never swiveled towards Ash to so the anger flash across his visage. Silence was held fast as Nina spoke. A nerve, Namara breathed a silent sigh of relief, at least it was not worse. Now the only difficult part would be training herself to live with the limp and overcome it. The wheels began to turn in her head, Namara was not even aware of Nina's shifting gaze while she was thinking. She would have to keep weight off of it, and have to keep it still as much as possible in order for it to heal. So if she were to train Kamota it would have to be from the sidelines. She began tracing ideas out in her head, ways to train him without straining herself. Then from nowhere Nina's voice penetrated her thoughts.

Never give up, that was insanely easy for a one eyed alpha to say. It was easy for anyone to say when they weren't being told they would never be able to function properly again. Her leg was damaged beyond a medicinal repair, which in Namara's mind meant she was now useless. Overcoming it was something she would still try, but just so Ash and Athena did not throw her out for being useless, maybe she could hang around for long enough to find a job for herself as a cripple. Nina's last words intrigued her and of course she wanted to know, they were vicious and grizzly, it was clear she had been in either a lot of fights or one major one. Whomever was ruthless enough to take an eye was someone she was sure she could not carry much respect for, it was so hateful to take ones vision Namara just could not imagine the agony. "Who?"

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2013, 08:11 AM by Namara.)