(See All?) Announcements
461 Users Online
Bing, Google

turn your back to the wind — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kira who has 198 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Starting off at a gentle sprint he began to think of the wolves he had encountered and the packs he knew of, whilst wondering if making his own pack would be worthwhile. Not knowing anyone around here would certainly put a rift in that so he quickly shooed the idea. There was always the guy named Phineas who said he was leaving to make his own pack, that might be worth trying though he still wanted to keep his options.

His little jaunt began to slow down as he neared the very perimeter of the Rise and lifted his head up, there was a scent nearby. This one was unfamiliar but certainly someone was nearby, watching him or simply passing through. He stood still, looking in the opposite direction of where the wind was flowing to search for the stranger in the area.

i'm always looking for threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
athena
scars remind us who we are

This place always held a place within her heart. She was attracted to the Rise whenever she needed to clear her mind or stretch her legs. Athena had a unique attachment to the flowery meadow for some reason and that attachment was what brought her to this place now. The white queen sat regally upon the grassy knoll overlooking the flowery meadow below her. The wind's current flowed behind her, making her white coat part at her back and flow with the wind. The sun warmed her back and her fiery eyes looked around searching for nothing in particular. Until she saw movement at the edge of the Rise.

Her amber eyes pinpointed the wolf below her. It seemed he had been just passing through when he caught her scent or felt her presence. He had abruptly turned in her direction, but Athena stayed where she was. With the wind working against her, she couldn't tell what gender the wolf was. All she could see was it's unusually flowing fur, similar to hers, but longer. The unfamiliar wolf was pitch black from this distance. The pregnant leader would stay were she was, for now.

|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">This stranger's scent was from somewhere he did not know but it was distinctive and different, so he ached to find them. With no hesitation and no sign of the other wolf coming out, he made a movement towards their location and after a few minutes of his nose scenting at the wind he noticed the white female just a few meters away. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Hello, he called to her in simple greeting seeing as they were not near any claimed lands and didn't require formal representation.

This strange was a simple beauty--white with bright eyes, but she was not his island angel from years ago. Eventually, he would need to let go of the past but he could always hope that he would run into her eventually. At least by staying here where they had shared in common she might come back and find him. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">You are of an unfamiliar pack scent, he stated inquisitively though wasn't really sure where to go from here.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
athena

The other began to make their way towards her, their scent becoming stronger with each step. Soon, she was able to scent that the wolf was a male with no pack scent upon his coat. He was indeed a rogue, but his large frame seemed to contradict that fact. His flowing black fur feathered his body and those burning amber eyes pierced into her. They were charming to say the least, but Athena wasn't easily fooled nowadays.

Her body stayed neutral since they were indeed on unclaimed lands, but her sitting posture still held that regal and confident persona. The scars underneath her eye and the scar across her muzzle proved that she had been held her ground before, but this man didn't seem dangerous enough to get her worked up. His simple greeting brought a friendly nod in his direction from her and her ears perked forwards at his question. "Poison Path, of the Lost Lake in the mountains," she explained bluntly. "And you are of no familiar pack, I see." Her voice had a slight teasing tone to it with her last statement as she overlooked the male before her once more.

(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2013, 05:57 PM by Athena.)
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Inkheart could been seen as intimidating and certainly not the most social, but he was working on being social. If he wasn't he probably wouldn't have anyone to rely on when he needed it and perhaps he might have the guts to admit what he felt to others to avoid flaking out on those that cared. Ink would find a pack and perfect his role within it, just would take some time finding the perfect fit.

<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Poison Path? he answered, intrigued by the choice of name, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">is there a reason behind the name? There weren't many packs he had known that openly announced they were poisonous but maybe all the wolves in it had poison glands (though he couldn't imagine poison coming from the pretty mountain wolf). <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">I'm a lone wolf looking to join one of the packs here so you'll have to excuse my curiosity, he smirked whilst lowering his hinds to take a seat a few feet away.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
athena

The man before her seemed polite enough, so she relaxed even more. Her plump tail curled around her forelegs as she gazed about. His next question brought an intriguing smirk upon her ebony lips. Indeed, her pack had an interesting name, but the threatening facade about it always fascinated her. Obviously, none of them were poisonous, but the certain plant that resided among them was. “Nightshade is plentiful among my lands.” She explained without giving him too much information about their exact location. They had been initially created under secrecy and Athena would still like that to stay partly the same.

His following statement brought a slight smile onto her face. She had been the same when she first arrived here. Trying to find a home and a new start was all she wanted and she had succeeded. “That is fine. What packs do you know of as of right now?” She asked, her scarred face tilting to the side slightly in curiosity.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">It was only when the female smirked that he noticed the scars underneath her bright eyes, giving her a more rugged domineering facade. It certainly gave her a bit more of an edge and didn't label her as a fragile woman. Nightshade apparently was a common item within her lands which definitely gave away its name. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Makes sense, he answered subtly though took note that she didn't exactly tell him where her pack might be though he would keep an eye out for nightshade.

<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Grizzly Hollow and Willow Ridge, he said whilst remembering Ava and Phineas plus the remark that Phineas would likely be creating his own pack with his mate, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">that's been it so far but I've heard that there are quite a bit more than just those two and Poison Path. He had a lot more work to do if he wanted to join a pack soon.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
athena

Athena had been in the Lore for quite some time, almost a year and a half to be exact. She had only served under one other pack since her arrival and that had been Swift River. Her time there was fleet to say with the impregnation of Naira. The four of them, Naira, Rhysis, Ava, and herself created their own pack which is now Poison Path. For several months, she had served as second under Naira, until both Naira and Rhysis and two of their children disappeared. The two other cubs were left under her care and Athena took over the throne until her leaders returned. But, they never did until fall and by then; Athena’s heart was hardened and unforgiving.

Now, here Athena was, pregnant and still the leader of Poison Path. The two dogs went off and created their own pack, which she still has yet to find. All she knows is that they reside north of her. “Swift River of the Sacred Grove and Secret Woodlands of the Thickets are the other packs that I know of for sure. I do know of another pack in the making by Sloane and his female, but I do not know where. There is also another pack I don't know the name of it, but they live somewhere north of where I currently reside. Call me biased, but I wouldn’t want to live with those mutts.” She explained to him, a disgusting look crossed her face when she mentioned the pack of dogs. Poison Path and Nomad’s Pass will most likely never be on civil terms, especially with their last act of trespassing and ruining one of her caches. Turning her frown upside down, she changed her mood with her next statement. “You seem like a decent, skillful wolf, so if you need a home, I would gladly welcome you within my pack.” She offered kindly.

(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2013, 07:37 PM by Athena.)
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Upon first talking to the woman he was pretty sure it would prove to be unsuccessful. To his surprise, she was certainly turning the situation around. The vibe that she was giving him now was almost familiar and he knew what he felt. The darkened side of him that simply yearned for a harsh side of life was immense. It had been a long time since he had felt any kind of animosity towards another but her variation of Nomad's Pass creatures he couldn't but smirk. They were mutts that were apparently not welcome at Poison Path.

<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">I will keep my nose to the ground and ears and eyes open for these other packs though I will attempt to keep myself a fair distance from these mutts, and he would keep to that. Avoid it all at all costs and if he couldn't, he'd just get more information. What came next was even more surprising... he was already being offered a place within one's pack and immediately he was intrigued. Obviously given his sudden liking towards the female he knew that it could be a possibility for the future. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">That's very kind of you and I will definitely consider it, although one problem remained if he wanted to join, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">if I do intend to join where should I find you?

(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2013, 08:29 PM by Inkheart.)

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
I had to edit my last post, since I was mistaken about Athena knowing the name of Nomad's Pass. So could you edit that post and opt out the Nomad's Pass name, please.(: One more from you and we can archive it and collect points? Have to say, quickest thread ever!<3

athena

Her first impression of this male was a nice one. She had nothing to judge against him, which was a nice change. At his following statement, the smirk upon her ebony lips grew larger with satisfaction. He was smart enough to take some of her advice, even though she knew he'd have to have his own experience with the dogs before he could judge them out. That's what she would have done. "Good idea." She answered, the smirk evident on her face.

The white queen smiled once again when he answered her offering. "We live in the mountains by the Lost Lake. Just howl for me," she answered. "Well, I will be heading back now. I hope to see you sometime soon." And with that she turned back towards the Lake that she called home. Within a few steps of her departure, she remembered that she had forgotten something. "By the way, I am Athena." She waited a few moments if he decided to give her his name. Then Athena was on her way again.