605 Users Online
Bing, Google, Isla

Délavé — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vero who has 95 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné
Set in Jasper Rocks. <3

Amélie sat perkily, her soft eyes resting on the dead pool at her paws. This is odd, she thought nervously, a faint frown upon her usually content facade. The mademoiselle then shifted a little, a soft exhale sounding as she did this. What a waste of a journey this turned out to be. The water was all dried up, and now she was still thirsty. "Mais cela ne peut être!" she continued to think, this time out loud and in her native tongue. She had been here a mere week ago, and though the water had been shallow, it was there.Of this she was sure. Silently she desperately hoped that this was only be happening to this small pond and not any of the major rivers. Otherwise she would not know what to do! Her mère and père were amazing parents, but had never taught Amèlie what to do in times of crisis. Alas the girl sat there, distraught and heavy...feelings she had not come across in a very long time.
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
-remains in awe of table image- I'm being scarce over the pack meeting as I don't know the result. XD

It had not been long since Indru had been at Jasper Rocks, a rest stop with Lífdís on his way home to Swift River where he came across the mutiny at the pack meeting with Weldering and his sister. It was on his return with Lif that they had remarked on the depleting water — the cause for Indru's dehydration — and since then Indru had spent time trying to find where water was left while sorting out the disharmony in the pack. There were few places, mainly the areas which were deeper allowing more water to be held, such as portions of Heartleaf Creek and Bramble Falls. It was some luck that Indru had claimed land with a deeper section of the Creek and was so nearby to the Falls as it made him more confident in the pack's survival though the depleting water.

Though he had this security he was aware the water would not last for ever and that eventually it would disappear like the rest of it and he continued to search around, hoping to find a place that had unaffected water or to find a cause. Indru had drunk a little before he left, but even then he kept himself on rations, saving the most for the pup's of the pack and he was beginning to feel the effects it was having; his mouth was almost constantly dry and it took much less to make him tired. With an almost hopeless attempt he headed towards Jasper Rocks but instead of seeing them as barren as the water there was a lone, white wolf there. He paused briefly, knowing that he was weaker if she attacked (perhaps she was dehydrated and delirious?), and remained at a cautious distance. Hello?

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné
Set in Jasper Rocks. <3

Amélie's conversation was cut short when, from the distance, a 'hello' was uttered. She swiftly turned around, her eyes falling onto the figure of a tawny furred male. For the moment her worried thoughts went out the window, and with a soft smile she gave him her own, "Hello, monsieur." her voice was dulcet, laced with a French accent. "I was just looking for a drink of water and could not help but notice that its gone." With every word her smile began to fade, reality setting back in. It scared her to think that she would have to move out of this new and amazing place she had come to love and call her home. But if there was no more water, she would have no other option. "I hope this doesn't last." she said with a quiver in her voice.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

When she turned to look at him her eyes looked clear and showed no sickness but it wasn't until she spoke in return that he swayed his tail behind lightly in greeting. She was open enough to tell him her purpose here and Indru nodded when she mentioned the missing water, sighing lightly under his breath. Clearly it was already starting to become noticeable to the lone wolves, which was perhaps more worrying as they travelled through Relic Lore much more than he had the chance too now.

Yes it is a worry recently. Indru could never remember something like this happening before in Relic Lore and for once he was without Rihael to rely on to solve the problem. My name's Indru, from the pack on the Swift River. Perhaps not so swift as it was once however, but at least it had water, was a plus on most of the areas of Relic Lore, luckily it still has water at the moment. We are also near another water source — Bramble Falls? Indru, and all the Tainn's, had the advantage of living in Relic Lore all their lives and knowing this forest, they knew the best places to find water, even though Indru hoped to find others.

He walked over to Jasper Rocks, keeping a small distance between them so not to startle her, and peered down at it. This used to be flowing. He sighed, turning to face her and quickly glancing over her in concern, if she wanted water and was thirsty, perhaps she hadn't drunk in a while? How long since you have had a drink? You can get ill very quick. Indru was a prime example, he had not long recovered from the the bout of dehydration he had suffered from earlier.

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

Amélie's pale eyes rested upon the male's orange ones as he introduced himself and shared some beneficial information. "Indru, it's nice to meet you. I'm Amélie." She really wasn't part of any pack, so she left that part out. "I've actually been at Bramble Falls for the majority of my stay here." Amélie commented. Perhaps that's why she had not noticed the decrease in water.

Indru stood and made his way closer, stopping at a respectable distance away. (Not that she would have felt uncomfortable if he had come closer.) Her gaze followed his back down to the dead pool, and with a soft sigh, she frowned again. "Its only been about two days, luckily. I've actually been making my home near Bramble Falls, which is why I haven't noticed the decrease in water until now." Her eyes left the empty pool again and wandered back to Indru. "I'm not sure what to do." she admitted.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Edit: Fading to black to conclude.

The white wolf introduced herself and Indru dipped his head slightly in return, Amélie, he tested, flashing her a quick grin as he did so. She soon went on to mention that she had spent most of her time at Bramble Falls and Indru knew then that she must be somewhat aware of his pack's location as there was a good chance she had roamed the areas around it. Briefly the male wondered if she had come across Marsh, a lone wolf he had acquainted on numerous times who he knew frequented that area also, but decided against asking as he was soon distracted with the dry earth of Jasper Rocks.

You'll need to drink soon, then. He knew the effects and damage a lack of water could do after all, already he presumed she was perhaps feeling weaker and was quick to tire than normal. At her confession of not knowing what to do he turned to look at her, fiery eyes meeting her gray-blue ones briefly before drifting back down to the cracked earth again. I'd say find someplace with water — like Bramble Falls — and stay there. He laughed lightly, though of course this wasn't a cure, merely only a preventative, the water there couldn't last forever. I just don't get where it is gone... Somewhat inspired by the cracked ground at his paws Indru walked to the center of the rocks, where normally a third of his leg would be wet, and sniffed at the ground around a a crack. With a curious tilt to his head he then started to dig down into the earth. After a while Indru gave up, a defeated sigh escaping him. You are welcome to come to my pack if you need help, but I must leave. A smile broke his muzzle at the offer of help and with a polite nod he departed the female, hoping that she manages to find water in time.

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2011, 02:12 AM by Indru.)