(See All?) Announcements
492 Users Online
Nia, Bing, Google

light 'em up — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Casting a wink to the girl when she mentioned they should start a club with their names, he could only dwell upon the cultural differences that each of their families likely held when naming each of them at birth. His own family kept a steady form of greek names within the Argyris bloodline, and a tradition he hoped to withhold come his own children one day.

Casting a sideways glance to the one called Tempest, a smirk pressed to Phineas’ tainted lips at her enthusiasm for the terrain they currently rested. He had never been one to revel in the sights of the scenery around him, but he could admit that Relic Lore was one of the larger and more interesting valleys he had crossed during his travels. Of course, given the topic of the pale she-wolf before them knowing the land so well, the Argyris wolf was intrigued, if only because he desired to know more of his home and the landscapes that surrounded him as well.

The ivory male gave a nod of understanding to her words. He had lived here almost two seasons now, and he was truly only familiar with the southern lands, if only because he traveled very little from Willow Ridge. “Do you belong to a pack?” His assumption was that she didn’t, but given his unfamiliarity with their surrounding neighbours, he hoped to gain a bit of insight of not only Borlla, but perhaps Relic Lore itself.

Played by Jen who has 71 posts.
Inactive VII. Subordinate
Tempest Thorben

Tempest warmed slightly as both of them seemed to be amused by her enthusiasm for the field of flowers to come. What could she say? She enjoyed a pretty view! Shrugging her slight embarrassment off easily she smiled at them with good nature. She couldn't help her own smile though, when Borlla joked about making a club, presumably for their unusual names. Tempest was truly enjoying the light mood that had come easily to their group, all complete strangers not so long ago. Even though she and Phineas hailed from the same pack, this was their first meeting. They all seemed to get along as if they'd been friends for a while and Tempest was starting to truly relax and enjoy herself for the first time in over a year.

It seemed that Borlla had spent most of her time to the north of here, but had passed by several other regions. She, herself had spent most of her time here in the south, but hadn't had much time to explore, despite both her search for Sloane and more recently for her missing leader. Both of those trips had been all business and there had been little time for sightseeing.

The russet female observed both Phineas and Borlla and they too seemed to be content at Borlla spoke of her limited travels. Tempest nodded her head in understanding, but when Phineas inquired if the tawny female belonged to a pack her ears pricked to attention with great interest. She was fairly certain that she did not. Perhaps she might be interested in joining Willow Ridge? Tempest loved Narime' like the sister that she now was, but she would be leaving soon. The red wolf liked Borlla and the thought of her possibly joining pleased her. Though she said not a word for the moment, waiting for the younger wolf's response, her golden amber eyes were intense with interest.

The Calm in the Storm
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
She grinned a toothy grin at the man's wink, her tail wagging. Borlla was glad that they hadn't taken any offense to her words, for it was all in good fun. At least she intended it that way. She was making fun of herself, too, so it wasn't as though she was simply singling anyone out. They both seemed to be amused by it, and again, she felt successful. It seemed as though they were truly enjoying her company and she theirs. So she wasn't all that surprised when Phineas asked if she belonged to a pack. It wasn't an invitation, of course, but only further solidified the good feelings she felt. Perhaps she was wanted after all.

<b style="color:#5c312b">"I don't, in fact, but I have been looking. The loner life is dull." Rolling her eyes, Borlla huffed. She gave a moment of pause, before looking between them, eyes landing on the elder wolf. <b style="color:#5c312b">"You're from the same place. Maybe, you know, since I told you a bit about this field, you could tell me about your pack?" Borlla smirked, tail wagging gently. <b style="color:#5c312b">"speech."

table by bryony
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
The red she-wolf remained silent for the moment, allowing Borlla to speak. The large male hoped it didn’t seem the two were holding an inquisition against her – after all, almost everything from his muzzle thus far had been questioning the ivory dove. Offering a slight bow of his muzzle in quiet apology, his ears flickered forward as she answered, confirming his previous assumption. Whether she had traveled as a lone wolf for awhile or not, he did not know.. but there was something more to her history then she let on, he imagined. Perhaps all three held their own secrets.

Describing her lifestyle as dull, Phineas cast his gaze upon the girl once more, smirking as her own question finally came forth – given that thus far she had been the only one questioned, he could indulge her. “Willow Ridge is a little north of here. It’s lead by two wolves called Elettra and Koda.. You’ll find it to be a stricter pack, but not without a close familial feeling.” There was a small pause as his eyes sought out Tempest, wondering if she wanted to add more to his brief description. “We could take you to the borders if you were interested..” After all, Willow Ridge did seem to be fairing well this winter, and with the upcoming breeding season, could always use more members.

Tempest Thorben

Tempest couldn't help smiling to herself as Borlla spoke. Apparently the life of a loner had lost it's appeal for the young woman and she was considering joining a pack. She asked about their pack, directing her question more towards Phineas, which made sense to her. Though they were of the same rank as far as she could tell, the large male had been a member for far longer than she. Honestly, though Tempest had not been in a pack in a long time, the structure and cohesiveness that she'd seen so far in Willow Ridge appealed to her.

Getting to know this young fae was also catching her fancy, along with getting to know one of her pack mates a bit more. When Phineas spoke of Willow Ridge and it's strictness combined with a strong sense of family she nodded in agreement. Then he looked at her, giving her the chance to voice her own thoughts on the matter. At first, she was a bit caught off guard. Apparently, she had somehow temporarily slipped into Guiness' no words mode without realizing it. Laughing internally at herself, she smiled at Borlla.

"I've not been a member of Willow Ridge for a long time, but I've found it to be a welcoming pack, despite it's strictness. Although my brother Guiness also dwells withing it's borders, I've already formed definite close-knit relationships with pack mates. We look out for each other!" With that she gave Phineas a small smile that bordered on shy. That feeling caught her so off guard that she couldn't have spoken more if she needed to. Phineas was the first male, outside of family, that she hadn't practically snarled at in greeting at the first introduction since her... incident. She turned thoughtful for a moment and wondered if it was because she was finally getting past that dark time in her life, or was it just him?

(This post was last modified: Feb 22, 2013, 02:55 AM by Tempest.)
The Calm in the Storm
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
The thought of a new life appealed to Borlla. New family, new home, new everything. This was what she'd been looking for right? Maybe not. She was afraid of herself. Thought neutral enough, something within her always seemed powerhungry, desperate to one up everyone who tried to be better than her. Certainly she could control this urge being more than aware of it, but...She feared alienating everyone. What if Willow Ridge ended up being another Swift River for her? A loving family that she decided to tear apart because she couldn't force herself to agree with the way it worked. Could she subject these two friendly creatures to her torment? The words "familial" and "strict" popped up. Red flags in her mind, waving desperately, warning her. Two strong-willed wolves. It wasn't in her best interest to end up at the bottom of the heap.

Borlla dipped her head, ears twisting back. <b style="color:#5c312b">"The offer is tempting, but I'm not sure if I could make a commitment so soon." An excuse until she could sort out her thoughts. <b style="color:#5c312b">"There's more to my old home than I thought, and I was really hoping to check it out." In all honesty, she was rather indifferent about the land. But it sounded good out loud, a source for her worries. Silently, she wondered if they'd be able to counter her fears, make it impossible for her to turn them down. Yes. Her waywardness was foolish. She'd starve to death if she spent forever like this, loneliness would consume her if not hunger or weather, but...She so feared a repeat of history. <b style="color:#5c312b">"speech."

table by bryony
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
It was certainly not a conversation he had expected to have today, and yet despite everything, the ivory male could not help but feel a stab of disappointment at the gentle declination the pale tawny girl offered them. He pushed a forced smile of what he hoped appeared as understanding to the she-wolf, and gave a light nod of his muzzle. After all, her reasoning made sense, and he had only joined Willow Ridge in the autumn as a temporary place to stay that winter.. He had never expected to grow so fond of it, or those who dwelled within it.. especially a certain dark pelted woman.

Tempest confirmed Phineas’ suspicion of her relation to Guiness, and the alabaster wolf stole a quick glance over the red-hued she-wolf. She was a pretty creature – both of his company were, and as such, the male was certainly in no rush to make this meeting short. With an inclination of his muzzle, the Argyris male allowed his fiery eyes to study the cream she-wolf once more. “The offer remains standing if you ever decide to take up on it, Borlla,” he murmured with a small grin, assuming Tempest would agree with him. While he knew little of her talents, as long as she was an amicable wolf who promised to work as hard as her pack mates, Phineas believed Elettra would be more than swayable upon letting her settle within their pack.

At that moment, the small stretch of silence stirred him to take pause, his eyes switching between both females, curious if they would find another topic of interest to discuss.

Tempest Thorben

Tempest couldn't say that she wasn't disappointed when Borlla politely declined Phineas' invitation to approach Willow Ridge borders as a potential pack mate. Tempest liked the younger woman very much. She seemed a free spirit and friendly enough and Tempest was short on friends, being so new still. Of course just because she didn't join now, didn't mean that she wouldn't. Merely that the timing was not right for her. You never knew what life would throw your way and she suspected that she'd see the cream-colored female again.

When Phineas extended the invitation to include the future, she found herself nodding her head in agreement. "Yes, the offer will stand of course. Just call for Phineas or I and we can meet you with the leaders, if you so choose." She thought for a moment and couldn't see any reason why they could not remain on friendly terms outside the pack lands, as long as she posed no threat to the pack itself. If they bonded more, perhaps Borlla would be swayed back to them in the future. They weren't desperate for members, by any means, but the idea of her joining was simply appealing to the Thorben lady.

"Perhaps we shall meet again soon, Borlla. Either way, I for one am glad that we've met here today!" It had been a pleasant experience for her for more than one reason. She'd met a friendly new face and she'd discovered that it was possible for her to not fear every male when they first met. Whatever the reason, she felt comfortable around Phineas and that knowledge was a very pleasant surprise, indeed.

The Calm in the Storm
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
She was impressed by their manners. Most pack wolves weren't as polite as these two seemed to be. No, not seemed. Were. They were kind. They didn't appear ingenuine, and left her to make her own choices, but made her aware that they could easily be summoned. Borlla smiled, dipping her head in thanks. Her tail swayed pleasantly behind her, glad to have gotten that out of the way with little awkwardness...Of course, now she just wasn't sure what was next on the list. But rather than allow for a terrible silence to overtake them, she took a step back, bowing her head a bit lower, <b style="color:#5c312b">"Well, if I'm ever going to make it back here, then I should get on my little adventure then, shouldn't I?" The woman chuckled, tail wagging. <b style="color:#5c312b">"It was, uh...Very nice to meet both of you." Her words, though mildly embarrassed, were honest, and she then quickly made her leave, her choice of direction rather random. But what better way to start a new adventure than by simply diving in? <b style="color:#5c312b">"speech."
table by bryony

exit Borlla
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Tempest seemed to back him up on these words, and while the two had made it clear that they would introduce her to their leader should she so choose to join a pack, the alabaster wolf was also uncomfortable with pushing the girl too far. Choosing a pack – a family, really – was not a decision to be taken lightly, and as the pale tawny girl took a pace back and began her farewells, he lifted himself up, his own muzzle dipping in a courteous bid of goodbye.

The fiery she-wolf near him emitted heartfelt words that resonated within his own feelings as well, Phineas was not one to speak such things, let alone to a wolf he barely knew. But she was different – he wasn’t sure how, or why, but he felt a light pull to her. Yet this moment had been fleeting, and the large wolf took a step back as well, his bright eyes drifting lazily to the direction of Willow Ridge.

As Borlla trailed off, the male regarded her thoughtfully. Her figure disappeared within the gentle brush of winter, and casting a stolen glance to his remaining companion, Phineas bent his muzzle down to cast her a gentle nudge to her cheek before turning, leading the two away from the neutral grounds and back home where they belonged; this time, with a friend at his side. It would not take them long, and the pale wolf had at least gotten to know one of his fellow pack mates just a little bit more.