541 Users Online
Google, Bing

Hunger games — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tokio who has 2 posts.
Inactive
Roanoke

OUT OF CHARACTER.

Words. 643 | Notes. I was lazy and just used the sample post and because it made the most sense to use for his first post on Relic Lore. xD

IN CHARACTER.

It had been two weeks ago, exactly, Roanoke knew from keeping judicious track like some eager student in class, that Zeus had informed him that his best tracker had finally gotten a lock on Athena, his older half sister (one of them). The one that had murdered his mother and had tried and failed in murdering Zeus’ himself. The physical evidence of his father’s war and survival was obvious, thick scars marring where pitch fur had once been. The battle scars had never frightened Roanoke as they had frightened the other children, but of course, Zeus had treated him as the Warrior Prince he had been born to be, even though his methods had been unnecessarily harsh. It was all Roanoke knew, he did not realize that abuse did not equal love for no one had been there to point out the differences. He had been sent on ahead, for Roanoke assumed that Zeus had wished to tie up loose ends and make sure everything was prepared. The command to go on ahead, to scout things out for himself had been the highest honor his father had ever bestowed upon him and Roanoke had every intention to complete his given job to his father’s utmost satisfaction. This trust was not to be thrown away for Roanoke assumed it was tentative at best, that this was a test and Roanoke was as eager as ever to prove that he was the best. That he was worthy enough to have come from Zeus’ loins. Fierce devotion and misguided ambition pushed Roanoke into the unknown wilderness as he followed the directions given to him by the tracker, having memorized the spoken way to Relic Lore. Roanoke stopped only long enough to rest, because despite his eagerness to begin his assignment he understood that pushing himself to the point of utter exhaustion would not help him. If anything it would show in the quality of his work and if he did a poor job there was no question that punishment would follow soon after. A giddy sort of excitement had begun to fill him the closer he got, recognizing the landmarks from explanation alone, recognizing that this was to be his crowing glory.

It was overcast, and had yet to rain, be it pour or drizzle though a quick glimpse up at the sky, golden eyes with the starbursts of red around the inky black of his pupils assessing the drab, monotone clouds that stretched above him. Not even the weather could kill this high, he swore. He would do his job whether it was pouring so hard he couldn’t see his nose, or blindingly sunny. It did not matter, he could not afford to fail. There was no such option, in reality; for in failing this he might forfeit his own life which would be a complete and utter shame because he had worked hard. So hard not to disappoint. To be the perfect son that his father wanted. This, this he could do. This he had to do. Steps were muffled by the moisture that was collected and held within the topmost layer of the earth, broken occasionally by the soft (mildly disgusting) squishy noise when he stepped in a mud puddle, lifting his paws from it’s greedy and swallowing holes. Shaking the mud off of his paws as best he could he continued forth not prepared to stop as he entered Relic Lore, stepping into a woodland territory guarded by thick trees with grasping branches that combed most unwelcomingly through his fur as he shrugged past them, the leaves of the undergrowth tickling against his legs as he pushed through determined not to stop.

He had already lost precious time on his hunt previously that morning, so he did not exactly fancy the idea (or the resulting consequences) of losing more time.

Played by Namara who has 114 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Semananti
[Trying a new layout of lyrics before and after post <3]
----
Go stop the show
Choppy words and a sloppy flow

Shotgun opera lock and load
Cock it back and then watch it go

Mama help me I've been cursed
Death is rolling in every verse

Sema wandered farther than usual from the Ridge, her home. She was truthfully seeking out these half siblings that she remembered her dad telling her about, Zeus had always been kind to her, until she had killed that beta. She assumed them to both be alive still. Zeus and Tripolina both, they were braver and stronger than she ever was. They however, had denounced the Greek goddess Artemis when Sema swore her loyalty to her. It was the fact that they would not have grandchildren from her that upset them, and then she goes and kills a traitor whom they did not know was a traitor and they hated her. She wondered how her siblings were doing, since after all, she was one of those wolves who had time to wonder.

Her eyes snapped over to the attention of a wolf, a specific wolf, one she felt a connection to. She couldn’t explain it, but she was curious, it was as if she knew this wolf, or at least his scent, from somewhere. She let a small hiss out of her mouth, swearing on Artemis that if it was her father she would kill him. She followed the trail; a scent that she had not scented in years, she couldn’t bring words to mind. She came face to face with the male. She didn’t realize it yet, but he was her brother. She didn’t like him, after all he was a male and she was a Huntress of Artemis even if Artemis had taken her off the hunt for an amount of time.

The Whurshire accent she still had, or at least, she had an accent like her mother, her words were thought out, her accent thick and fluid. "What is your business here wolf?" She asked, pure dominance showing in her eyes, her tail rising on instinct. She didn’t trust this wolf, but she was also known for being paranoid about such things. She was herself; her sleek fur was near bristling. She was unsure on why she was even being aggressive towards this wolf. He hadn’t even had time to react to her. Being a Whurshire suddenly struck pride through her, realizing how grand her mother was. Her father, she was unsure about him, he seemed to have been off shortly before she was exiled. As if he wasn’t that kind wolf she once knew.

So why try ignoring him
Make it a dirt dance floor again

Say your prayers and stomp it out
When they bring that chorus in
(This post was last modified: May 26, 2013, 04:50 AM by Semananti.)
[Image: WR3.png]
Played by Tokio who has 2 posts.
Inactive
Roanoke

OUT OF CHARACTER.

Words. 500 | Notes. Sorry about the wait, love! Life's been a little busy as of late.

IN CHARACTER

Roanoke had not expected to run into company quite so soon and had, thusly, been caught mildly off guard when he was approached, as if he had been followed for however long she may have been tailing him. He was not so unaware in his teenage arrogance, nurtured carefully and with sharp precision by Zeus himself, to not have at least a gut feeling that he was being followed. Roanoke was not so quick to brush it off as his imagination, or that he happened to be catching subtle whiffs of a wolf that had passed by not so long ago, which was in all realities possible. Black, leathery nostrils flared wondering why the she-wolf, or at least her scent, had the scent of others upon her coat. As far as Roanoke was aware these woods were unclaimed for there was no scent and no sentinel guarding it’s borders. The pack scent he kept scenting upon the breeze every now and then was one that was well established. And certainly not in these woods. His seething suspicion was proven rather, abruptly, correct as he found himself suddenly, before his brain could really register what was happening, face to face with the woman who had been, likely, following him. Body lurched backwards, muzzle tucking down to protect his throat for his first impression of the woman was immediately hostile, her hackles bristling as if she were a cat he just tried to give a bath too. If Roanoke wouldn’t have been unhinged so bad by her sudden appearance he might’ve had some snarky comment to offer her, but by the time his brain made sense of the scene before him any comment would be delayed and would lose its poisonous sting.

Her question was marred by a thick accent that almost made him wince, though a small snicker tugged at the corners of Roanoke’s lips at her show of dominance. As if she had any right to lord dominance over him. He wasn’t her subordinate and these lands were unclaimed. “Put your claws away, kitty.” Roanoke snorted, though his throat remained protected, his own hackles bristling not in anger but in mild dominance. “These are unclaimed lands and I certainly don’t answer to you.” Roanoke spoke simply, honestly. There was something about her though, be it her appearance or her accent that tugged uselessly at his memory. There was almost something familiar about her despite that Roanoke was fairly sure he’d never met her before in his life. It was the oddest sensation and absurd in it’s origins so Roanoke worked to do his best to simply ignore it. “But if you must know my business, as if it was any of yours, I’m here because I am. Why does anyone come through these woods? Do you always demand answers from random lone wolves?” Roanoke couldn’t help but ask, hoping that he was worming his way under her skin as she so easily, and unwelcomingly wormed her way beneath his.

Played by Namara who has 114 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Semananti
<3 Completely fine lovely

Semananti hissed as the male implied that she was being too protective. He claimed that the lands weren't hers, that she was just a sorry kitty. The tone, the condescending and the attitude and pure sexism, it all reminded her of Zeus. "Watch yer mouth, I've killed wolves much larger then you and I could easily kill you. I swear it on the name of Artemis that you say one more Sexist thing I'll be sendin' you to the gods for judgement. I'm sure Zeus would love to shoot lightning bolts at ya." She hissed, her hackles rising as her fur bristled along her sine. Her amber eyes were blazing with anger. Many times she was an ISOLATO type of wolf, but this just angered her. She didn't even give a name, and would probably sure one of her sisters, but keeping the maiden name, after all her family was all out of the lore.

Semananti hissed as the wolf hissed about a loner. Was his nose working right or was he just a complete dumbass? "Are you blind? I mean, my scent clearly marks that of a pack wolf." She said as she relaxed, knowing that she could and would easily kill him. "My name is Semananti, Semananti Jade Whurshire, subordinate and scout of Willow Ridge. YIELD TO ME." She said, holding back a growl and a his. She hoped he had the common sense to know that he should submit, and she wouldn't be afraid to force him. Her eyes calmed, almost wanting him to reject her demand so she could force the male to the ground. It was all true, she had taken down many more wolves, much larger wolves, then his wolf probably.

As she waited, she reflected on it all, the entire event before her. The scent, she recognized it, it was that of Zeus'. "My father, my father sent you here to finish me off didn't he?" She hissed finally, thinking that she had been part of the last litter delivered to her parents. I need to leave now. She ran away from the scene, not wanting to face whomever it was.

-Exit-
(This post was last modified: Jun 26, 2013, 12:21 AM by Semananti.)
[Image: WR3.png]