(See All?) Announcements
461 Users Online
Bing, Isla

Etoh — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Littlewing who has 44 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Itai Sole
She pauses briefly as he does, and observes the sudden change of expressions on his face. She listens to him, nodding her head here and there. "You seem like quite the wolf" She says this lightly and in a friendly manner. She smiles as the wolf bares his fangs in a grin. "I had left my pack around your age, so I never had the chance to prove myself." She frowns slightly and turns her head away from the male. Within a moment, she had gathered herself back together. Face now a little stoic for even her, she immediately perks up when the wolf speaks.

She follows him in complete silence as they round the beech tree. Her heart begins to pick up pace as the adrenaline starts to flow. At his directions, her eyes flutter to the two possible exits.... then the other. She swallows then flicks her gaze at the amber-eyed one. She nods now. She would have to be fast. The female begins to calculate her actions in her mind. Juggling outcomes, her mind chooses within a minute. Her tail lowers as she flexes her muscles and prepares to spring.

What if this is a trap? She hesitates now. Could he start digging and attack her when she turns his back on him? Who would go this far to do that? The answer was right there: That's how she would do it. She was being ridiculous. They were just getting food together- that was all. The wolf would probably warn her away after they caught something. Frowning at this idea, she shakes away the horrible thoughts the best she can. Awaiting the sound of digging, she leans forward, ready to bounce off the earth.

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2013, 04:58 PM by Itai.)
Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
How can I call myself 'King'
-- T a i n n --
if I can't hold my own castle?

Fenru caught sight of her nod and nodded in return to acknowledge that she understood his hunting tactic. He waited a moment to see if any of the hares present in the area had taken notice of them but there were no long-ears in sight and none of them, fortunately, even dared to lift their noses from their tunnels. He edged into the small clearing, his large paws silent as he planted them evenly and slowly into the forest floor beneath him. His tail leveled itself with his spine and as soon as he approached the opposite end of the burrow where the woman was standing in wait, a vicious snarl inched up his muzzle.

His ears turned forward and he bared his teeth as he inhaled the scent of fresh prey, picking from the various underground scents their fear and trepidation. He could hear one of the inhabitants thumping about in a nearby tunnel and immediately he let out a loud bark that ripped from his throat and vibrated in his ribcage. A number of scurrying feet shuffled about and in their wake, Fenru began to dig, his paws clawing at the earth and effortlessly pushing mounds of soil away and behind him. One of the young kits came hopping his way but a snap of his jaws had prematurely sent it away towards where his hunting companion laid.

Out of the corner of his eye, he kept a wary watch on another nearby tunnel, straining his ears for the sound of an escaping hare. This lot, he knew, was not the smartest of game, but they certainly weren't clever when it came to a fight-or-flight response. If any luck was to be had today, perhaps his share of the hunt would come from there, but in the meantime, he was intently focused on making sure the lone wolf that accompanied him was fed for the day.

you cannot break me, i thrive regardless
template made by GINNYSAURUS. of RPG-D.

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Itai Sole
Her heart begins to beat in her ears as Fenru sends out a powerful park. She listens past her heartbeat and tunes in to that of the rabbits'. The scent of fear enters her nose, and Itai's hunting instinct goes into overdrive. The wolf before her moves his head swiftly, snapping onto a young rabbit before tossing it in her direction. Her light golden-brown eyes follow the limp figure as it hits the dirt. Suddenly, she turns left. Her focus turns to the exit hole near her.

A larger rabbit slips out- or at least tried to. Itai's jaws open only to make contact with the left hind limb. It was a fortunate last moment catch. She clamps down hard, feeling the bone crush under her powerful grip. She brings the rabbit toward her. Itai uses a front paw to hold the rabbit down as she seizes the head and throat in her mouth to finish the job.

Dropping the meal, she springs back into action. Returning to the exit hole where she had just captured the rabbit, she begins to dig just as Fenru had done. In her mind, Itai plans only to catch one more rabbit- she didn't want to massacre the whole den. Her eyes focus on the other hole that the remaining rabbits would likely flee from.

Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
-- T a i n n --

Adrenaline kicked in and instinct soon after. The hunter within him ordered, required, urged him to act if he was to bring something back something worthy of his mother and sisters. Within a matter of seconds the whole of the warren was on alert and from several of the surrounding burrows the frightened, pitter-pattering of feet engulfed them. Fenru held still as he listened for his hunting companion's next move. From the sounds of it, he seemed to have rustled up a good number for her and the sounds of bones cracking thrilled him.

Another growl was given for good measure but it was cut short as something scampered away behind him. He whipped around, finding nothing but the tips of swaying grass blades. If his hunting buddy was able to catch one more rabbit, then that would do, or so he hoped. On the other hand, one of the older does, conveniently camouflaged against the forest floor, stood up to meet his stare. She began to dart away but a slight build and arthritis against a couple of Fenru's long strides was no match for her. At the sound of her demise, two more young rabbits departed the scene somewhere to his right, but the youth held his ground. For him, one was enough.

He breathed deep, the scent of his cologne mixed with the distinct scent of his sweat stinging his nostrils. It might not have been strong, or even noticeable, but Fenru felt the all too conscious awareness of the musk around him. He clutched the hare in his jowls, walking around the network of underground passages. He came up along her side, setting his hare down temporarily as he eyed the den entrances she was still trained on.

The endorphins must have kicked in; the next thing to come out of the Tainn's mouth was a lighthearted chuckle. "I know I said 'many does' but usually once a couple of them have been outsmarted, they all pick up on where the predator's at."

(This post was last modified: Apr 02, 2013, 09:36 AM by Fenru.)

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Itai Sole
Itai jerks as Fenru paces up to her. She was so focused on the hunt that she blocked out everything else around her. She turns and grins at the wolf's words. "Naturally" she says. Her tail flicks in a spirited manner as she leaves the wolf's side for a moment. She gingerly picks up the limb hare's body and brings it back over.

Placing it down before her own paws, she seats herself. She had just hunted with a complete stranger. It felt odd, putting her own trust in someone else for a short amount of time. Itai finds herself tipping her head due to her endless thoughts. She awaited the wolf's next action or words. The polite part of her was kicking in; she would see if it was ok to start eating.

Her stomach knots fiercely, and all that was thought of a moment ago had gone. After looking to him, she lowers her head, beginning to chew at the flesh. Inside, she still felt rude, but she pushed on. Her nibbling quickly turned into tearing of flesh. Her tail wags instinctively out of enjoyment. Having eaten a few mouthfuls, she looks at Fenru. "Thanks" she says, her face lighting up.

(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2013, 02:18 AM by Itai.)
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
-- T a i n n --

Fenru watched as she made herself comfortable, still smiling as he gave a nod as to tell her she was certainly welcome to start enjoying her meal. "Sure," he smiled. "I was glad to help, but um..." He cleared his throat as if doing so would help him recover from stumbling over his words. "I'm, uh, gonna get goin' now. Er, sisters an' all."

A coy smile lifted to touch the mask-like pattern under his eyes and he felt his feet grow heavy at the end of his limbs. He suddenly did not to leave her alone, to let her disappear into the wilderness like practically everyone else he had ever known. Without fully thinking it through, he went ahead and disclosed who he was and where he was from. A foolish part of him did not want her to seek refuge with the packs he had initially told her about, "I'm Fenru, by the way; I live in the Grove." He pointed north with his nose to the trees behind him.

His plume-like tail wagged about behind him like a banner in the wind. "Maybe we can hunt together again sometime?" His insides lurched, dreading the idea that she would be turned off by his proposition. He slowly pawed at the rabbit at his feet, idly nudging it closer to him to help prepare him in making his departure. At this point, with his introduction laid out for the taking, he already had his stomach in knots and was already anticipating the day she would hunt him down.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Itai Sole
The smile on her muzzle is light, but it is most certainly there. She nods her head before she stands up and shakes her coat. A small swirl of dirt meets the air before settling down. "Bet they're waiting anxiously." Itai chuckles before she feels the flame inside her die a bit. She realizes that after this wolf leaves, she will be alone once more. She turns her head now, swallowing hard before peering back at Fenru. She dips her head graciously.

"I will certainly seek you out again, Fenru." She is still for a moment before she speaks again. "thank you once more. I owe you one." her light smile is now sheepish. With her tail slightly wagging, she leans in toward him. Her heart twists into a knot as she offers a slight nuzzle to his cheek. If he'd dodge it, she would leave even still. She looks once more at Fenru before turning and walking off her own way. After a few steps, she turns "I'm Itai" and she continues to pad off.

(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2013, 05:02 PM by Itai.)
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
-- T a i n n --

He watched her stand up; his wagging tail coming to a standstill when she started to come closer. Though he smiled cordially at her, his muscles tensed. She elegantly turned away for a moment before bowing courteously. He shot her a a coy smile and a warm chuckle, "Sure."

Fenru waited momentarily for her to return back to her meal but she didn't. She came even closer... He froze. Then, without warning, her nose touched his cheek, and his heart unexpectedly skipped a beat. Again, he simpered but he was somewhat certain she hadn't heard him as she walked away, "Pleasure."

Itai... He couldn't stop the smile from broadening on his face and was about to walk away himself when one of his forepaws snagged along his catch's spine. The rabbit at his feet had him remembering that he had to complete the task he had initially set out for and with one last glance over his shoulder, he plucked up the cold hare in his jaws and started to head back home.

[Fin.]