(See All?) Announcements
737 Users Online
Google

Fly Me Away — Firefly Weir 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 103 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero

As a firefly flitted over both of their heads it seemed as though her words had reached the boy somewhere, somehow. It looked as though a weight had lifted from him, a light turned on inside his head where the wheels of his mind were sure to be turning. "You're going somewhere? Where? he'd asked, and continued on to inform her that he was going over the mountain, too! It was like his burst of enlightenment had spread through the water to be sucked up by her like water to the roots of a tree. Whether it was the fact that his smile was wide and handsome or that he seemed happier now than he was just moments before, or because she felt a similar excitement in knowing that, maybe, they wouldn't be so far from each other after all, her own smile mirrored his—ear to ear.

"You are?" She didn't hold back the crescendo of delighted surprise from her voice. "That's great! I mean—yeah, I'd really like that. To meet up, of course. I don't know where we're going, either, just that it's to the east, too." She bit her lip, shifting her weight in a way that sounded a gentle splash. The glow-lit ripples spread out from her legs like dark waves of glass. "I'm definitely going to see you there, I really want to...It'll be like...meeting you in a different life." She knew a new life waited for her over those mountains, and knowing that Fenru lived in the Grove his entire life, surely it would mean a fresh start for him and his family, too. "Even if it doesn't get better than this," she murmured, happily knowing that this night—one of the best she'd ever had—wouldn't be the last she would spend with him. "I bet you could find me if you follow your heart."

Her soft, flirtacious voice trailed off into the sweetest silence.

lucero
Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata

He nodded enthusiastically to confirm that what he was saying was sincerely true, that even if he and his family were moving, he would find the time to get back to her, to find her again no matter the distance. Lucero mentioned that it would be like meeting him "in a different life" and he had think over the idea before he found that it was quite a possibility. The trek to find his sister Rissa had changed him, who knew what traveling over the mountain range would do to him if he traversed the land with his family or, rather, what remained of it?

Without him realizing it, when she shifted he, too, moved, his large frame mirroring hers. "Oh, I bet I could," he shot back, his heart gladdened in every nook and cranny. Though he thoroughly enjoyed being this close to her and savoring the weir as it was, the pads of his paws were starting to feel a bit cooler than he particularly liked and it was with slow, careful movements that he pulled away from her and came back onto the damp shore. He shook his limbs out one by one theen proceeded to sit down and stretch his forelimbs forward to settle down on his stomach. Corinna had told him straightforward that the pack would not leave without him and he had made up his mind that, for the time being, the wolves of Swift River could wait for him, even if just for one night. He was not about ready to let Lucero go without anymore assertions that they would find one another sometime in the future... somewhere amidst their new lives.

"Who's... Who's we're?" he then asked quietly, still curious about her as he gazed to the contours of her moonlit face. He thoughtfully lined his saturated wrists up next to one another then allowed his tail to rest against the bank behind him. "Whose pack are you joining?" Bits and pieces of him soared to unimaginable heights from anticipation alone. Was she going with Kade and his mate? With Ruiko and Aeylen (he was so sure they were still around these parts of the Lore somewhere...)? Maybe she was just playing with him, utterly toying with him, pulling his leg and taking him for a spin in offhandedly suggesting that she was heading over the mountain with him... Fenru just had to know.

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero

His every move left her feeling more and more weightless. Just the flash of his perfect smile had her figuratively weak at the knees, and as he slowly began to pull away from her she leaned in his direction, like her heartstrings were invisible and started in her chest and ended in his. Suspended in time, Lucero watched as the beads of water dripped and flew from his body, as he settled to his belly upon the bank and the way his wet fur shone silver beneath the starlight. Mindlessly she followed without taking her eyes from him, her cheeks burning from the heat of infatuation he was beginning to fuel in her.

"His name is Phineas—" she obliged candidly, "I don't know much about him, only that I'll be leaving with him and his mate. I haven't met her yet, she sleeps a lot." Plopping down to her belly before him, her long, creamy forelegs slid between his as her tail curled to her body. "I actually haven't met anyone, except for him," she grinned humbly, looking down to observe the way their limbs looked beside one another fondly. "...Hopefully he won't mind if I slip away to be found by a certain handsome boy." Luce flashed Fenru the smile that widened unexpectedly as the words were said before watching as a firefly skirted across the water's surface, rippling the reflections of the tiny lights as they hovered above. "Are you excited to be going somewhere new? After living in the same place for your entire life?"

lucero
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata

The Tain watched as she too came out of the water, settling down beside him and lining her paws up alongside his. While her eyes were observing her paws beside his, Fenru only had eyes for her, continuing to hastily memorize her every feature, the way her fur laid over her brow and swept back up and over her forehead and skull between her pristine white ears. "His name is @Phineas—" she divulged. Well, then... that wasn't a name he was particularly familiar with but it tugged at the folds of his memory. It sounded familiar, but he could not for the life of him remember if he had heard of the male before.

Casting the thought away and deciding that he had more than likely never seen the brute, the youth grinned. "I hope he doesn't mind," he simpered. "Sounds like the intimidating sort... Ffff-in-eee-usss." He let out a small chuckle, "Like the type of guy who'd stomp on over and gruffly assert his dominance over every and any situation. Just for kicks..." His tail lifted and fell back down onto the shore with a soft thud, audibly sweeping across the sand and gravel to curl lightly around Lucero's side. He winked at her playfully, "Pretty sure he'd have nothin' on me though. What harm could there be in just visiting a beautiful and thoughtful young lady after all?"

He fell quiet again as his companion returned her gaze to the reflections on the water and he took to mind what ought to be a lighthearted, if not mostly emotionally detached, answer. He would not even think of risking the chance in spoiling such an night. "I don't know actually," he revealed, his brows momentarily touching one another as he thought. "A part of me is in dire need of that change of scenery, but the other part is kinda scared to leave the familiarity of it all, even if all that's left of the Grove are mere memories - the good and the bad." He tilted his head as an afterthought, "I'm thinking it's for the best though, my family has been in need of a new place for some time now."

"What about you? he retorted, his tone taking on a more lively, rascally note. "Are you excited... to go with Feen-ee-yus over the mountain?"

(This post was last modified: Jun 14, 2013, 07:35 PM by Kiche.)

Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero

She followed his line of thought without skipping even a single beat, letting the deep tones of his voice wash over her like a summer breeze. To his summary of the connotation of Phineas' name she chuckled, delighted by the way Fenru sounded it out in syllables. She never really took the white man to be a stern, domineering figure, but then again she only knew the side of him that was kind to her and accepting. Then again, she'd only known him for a few days, too. Hopefully he didn't turn out to gruffly stomp over Fenru when he could come to seek her out. To seek her out. The notion sent a shiver up her spine that diffused to make her toes tingled blissfully. When his tail stroked her side she resisted the urge to look at it, just to make sure it was really touching her like she really wanted. "...What harm could there be in just visiting a beautiful and thoughtful young lady after all?" She perked up, her eyes leaving his perfect lips to steal a glance into his fiery ones. No one had ever called her beautiful before.

In the moment of silence they shared the whole world seemed to grow quiet. The thumping of his beating heart, the buzzing of the fireflies overhead and all around, and the gentle splashes of shallow waves lapping against the sandy shore were the perfect background symphony. Thoughtfully she threw whatever caution she had about him to the wind, leaning into the warmth of his broad body and resting her head on his shoulder as he answered her most previous inquiry. "It sounds like the move will be good for all of you, if you think it's for the best," she supported confidently, and as an afterthought added, "I'm happy for you, Fen." His playful tone as he asked the same of her caught her attention and she raised her head to glance at him briefly, grinning, before nestling the side of her face back into his shoulder. "I'm very excited," she admitted, "extra excited now that I know we won't be so far from each other. I think I'll be happy there, somwhere I belong," I belong with you, "and I'm looking forward to having a family. And his mate is expecting cubs, so that's exciting, too. I like it here," without budging she looked around at the scenery, "and hope that, over there, it'll be as pretty and mysterious...I bet there we will have some exploring to do when we meet up." Her cheeks flushed as she smiled hopefully.

A wide yawn quietly escaped her mouth, then. She didn't know how long they'd been there, only that she wished they could remain for forever beneath the starlight like this. Against his form, his heartbeat was like a lullaby but she fought the feeling of sleepiness that urged her to close her golden eyes.

lucero
(This post was last modified: Jun 14, 2013, 07:33 PM by Lucero.)
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata

"I'm happy for you, Fen." Those five simple words accompanied by another one of her soft, charming smiles (something which, he found, set his every being alight with a warm, fuzzy sensation) hit him much harder than they really should have. For what seemed like the first time ever, he realized that for once he possessed something good in relation to his family and someone had recognized it. In stark contrast to Aiyana's bitter and clipped statements, Corinna's worried sentiments, and Arlette's hopeful wishes, Lucero's relayed happiness cast them all into shadow. All that remained now in light of such a realization was merely Luce, the weir, the fireflies, and the rest of the night ahead of them.

She replied to him, saying that she was excited - or, actually, extra excited - because they were advancing over the mountain range with their packs towards a new life as well as moving in a parallel fashion in relation to one another. Meaning, that the possibility of meeting up with her - regardless of whether or not Phineas would even mind at all - was absolutely plausible now. She mentioned that Phineas and his mate were expecting cubs and it reminded him that he, too, was going have new additions to his family. Half- siblings. The thought did little to dampen his spirits though; if Lucero was going to be joining and helping her new pack, Fenru was bound to be helping out his family also. Despite cub-sitting and duties to fulfill, a part of him was absolutely sure they would be able to set aside some time to search for one another... no matter the distance.

As the ivory girl yawned the masked boy inhaled deeply, letting out a sigh that signaled he was truly at ease. "Mmmhmm," he confirmed in a hushed tone, his reaction rather delayed. "I'm pretty sure it'll be quite an adventure." It had been some time since she had leaned up against him but only now did the Tainn realize it, even if she had comfortably settled her head and temple against his shoulder. Ever so slowly, he lowered his head down atop his wrists; and no matter how hard he fought to keep his own eyes open, he found himself closing them, the only indication of his waning awareness being the slight twitching of his ears. If she uttered anything more, he was certain to catch it; it was just so hard to not succumb to the relaxed aura she and their sanctuary provided.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero

Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Thump-thump. With the hollow of her rounded ear pressed against the side of his neck where the line of her rested along the angle of his shoulder, the slow, steady, strong beating of Fenru's heart soothed a day's worth of bodily aches. The mmmmhmmm of his reply sounded deep and distant, like she was listening through water, and strands of his soft grey-marbled fur ticked her lip when she inhaled. The shadow and golden glow of the fireflies and their reflections on the weir's glassy surface slowly faded as her eyelids fluttered closed, and against the back of them she recalled the series of this evening's events that led to this moment─her body folded into his, the crickets singing softly off in the cattails, and the sound of the gently lapping water. As her friend allowed his head to fall upon his paws she opened a single eye─the one that wasn't pressed into him─for a second or two before closing it with a contented sigh.

She wasn't sure if she believed in fate, or destiny, or anything that involved predetermination. If anything, as she drifted away to someplace far from the heaven that was her time with Fenru she thought that it must have been just chance that had brought her here─that had brought him, too. What would've come of the night if either one had just been somewhere else? She wouldn't have known him, wouldn't have seen as he'd emerged from the forest on the small cove across the way. He wouldn't have called her a name that wasn't hers, and maybe she wouldn't have ever seen the fireflie's distant sparks. Most likely, she wouldn't have come across the weir, alone or with someone else, and he still wouldn't know what the tiny, glowing bugs were. Maybe she would have made toward the falls instead of lingering beneath the moonlight, and perhaps he would have passed her by as he wandered through the forest...Things could have turned out much different. But now she had a friend, her first one in a life she was only beginning to know in a new land that now seemed suddenly more beautiful than it had before the sun set. Not only that, but she had a future, too, with a new family, and so much to look forward to. Over the mountain that loomed somewhere to the east, there was more waiting for her, and now she knew that, one day, Fenru would be waiting for her too. It was a tiny spark of hope that flickered in her heart, like an ember's glow after a roaring blaze had come and gone. What he truly meant to her and his place in her life was yet to be seen, but she was sure that she had a place just for him, tucked away deep inside her hopeful heart.

The warmth of his body filled hers up like sunshine on a summer day as she fell asleep, nestled at his side. Tomorrow would be a new day and perhaps they would go their separate ways. It wasn't the end, however─it was only the beginning of the unwritten story that was Lucero and Fenru.

lucero

[the end <333]