(See All?) Announcements
575 Users Online
Google, Bing

Winter In My Heart — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Hollow was feeling strange, as he watched the grey sky stretch over head, It would seem recent events had brought his heart closer to where it needed to be. At the same time however something was missing, or something had been thrown off balance though the yearling couldn't place it. His mood may have been different had he known the dark she-wolf that he presumed dead was not, and she was here, searching for him. It could have been the amount of time he had spent hidden in the thicket or something else but he could not combat the intense feeling of wanting to feel the sun on his back, and see the open sky. He closed his strange eyes and inhaled deeply, he blew the breath from his muzzle and watched it spin away into nothing. Just like so many things, it would seem, it always turned to insignificance.

The dark Woodlands yearling wondered inwardly if he would suffer the same fate, insignificance. It was a huge thing to think about to the young male, would it all be for nothing? Azariah, will she forget me when I'm gone? will she look at another the same way she looks at me? Questions he did not want answered when a strange thing happened. It was a feeling he hadn't felt in a very long time, the wind stirred at the back of his neck, and on a rise in the distance he felt as if he could see himself. Hollow, Simaea, and Cane all together again, as pups playing, but he knew that life was gone from him, torn away from his grasp by the cruel hands of fate, but still somewhere they had turned softer and led him to friend and mentor in Sloane, and something, very special in Azariah. A leader in Nina, and loyal pack mates. He would not howl in his sadness as he had when he arrived in the forest, but he would sigh. Hollow left his gaze on the ridge his eyes unfocused with deeper thoughts of those in his life now, and those that had been.

(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2013, 05:59 AM by Hollow.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

It had been a wise decision on her part to get away from the land she had fallen in love with. There she too had fell in love with one, only to have him desert her like her sister had been she had left with her mate. Jessie had not left Cali when Hotei had left her, she had remained and watched out for the Swift River family as if nothing had happened. But now that she was alone, she felt the terrible grief she had been holding in grip at her heart like an iron chain that was too tight, squeezing and squeezing until there was nothing left but the utter numbness. By now, her paw steps had become extremely heavy, almost dragging on the ground as she made her way to the blackberry fields. If her nose had not been so sensitive to new smells, then she probably would not have noticed the black male a few yards away with her current mood. Perhaps something was going on with him too…this had always been her safe haven when she had been down.

Her tail dragging on the ground, she approached the yearling, and even though much younger than she, he still towered over her in size, considering how small she was compared to other wolves. Even her family had the large genes, why she had not inherited them as well was a mystery to her. Clearing her throat, her voice was soft as she spoke to him, "Are you down in the dumps too, big guy?" She sighed, her small body plopping in the patch of ground next to him, making sure that her body did not come into contact with his in any way. Her pepper-colored tail curled towards her front paws, reminding herself that she had probably freaked him out by just randomly coming over to him. "I‘m Jessie Swiftpaw." She introduced herself to him quietly.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
No Rank
Hollow Nite
As he sat silent, lost deep in thought his senses were dulled, his eyes swam with the memories of family, thoughts of Azariah and his pack. He thought of the things that had gone, the things they gave way to, and the blessings of life. He seemed to always scrape the bottom only to be picked up at the last moment. The dark male hadn't noticed the bi-colored she wolf until she spoke and plopped herself down next to him. For a short moment his hackles raised until he realized she meant no harm to him. Her words were confusing to the male, "down in the dumps" was a phrase he was unfamiliar with, however by the way she spoke the phrase it was apparent it was meant to mean "sad".

In truth he was a little down, He felt that things were going great, but that it would end, as all good things must. It was an odd thing for him to think that he had found his way to this point. So inside he was silently waiting for it to come crashing down the same way his pup-hood had done. He sighed "Hello Jessie, my name is Hollow." For a few moments he contemplated not saying anything about his thoughts but this wolf was clearly hurting and he had found that the best way to help someone was through honesty. "Yes I'm a little down, It seems that for the first time since I was a pup things are looking bright and I'm just afraid that it will all fall apart. The same way did when I was pup." It wasn't much but it was the truth, she did not need the story of his dead family nor the story of his heart but he felt that it was something she could feel for.

The young male turned towards Jessie and gazed at her for a few moments, she seemed as if she was overflowing with a hurt unknown to him. You know you are going to try and help her, don't try to fight it Hollow. it was a soft voice that rang in his ears, musical and light, he knew instantly that it was the voice of Azariah. With that thought in mind he asked quite simply "What happened to put you in such a state of sadness?" It wasn't a long question, nor was it an exceptionally philosophical question. But it was spoken in such a way that the undertone could be hurt clearly. Let me help you

Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

They sat in silence for quite awhile until the male next to him finally introduced himself to her. Hollow was his name, a yearling with a highly unfamiliar scent to him, though he smelt highly of vegetation, more so than she who spent most of her time within the Grove. As the wind whistled past her face it blew her salt-and-pepper fur back. It caused shivers to travel down her spine and back up again, her jaded eyes downcast as her curved ears pricked towards the male speaking next to her. She turned towards him, her emerald eyes sparkling at him as he spoke. She could understand where he was at right now. Though younger than she, Jessie had once been in his position, perhaps not at the same age, but definitely something close to it. Her voice was tired, but her advice true, "To live life and continue moving forward, it is key to hold on to your joys for as long as you can…even though you might be afraid of the hurt it might bring you in the end, usually the hurt will be worth it because the good will outweigh the bad." The River wolf’s words were true and she suddenly felt the urge to follow her own tad bit of advice. If only, if only.

At his question to her, she tilted her head slightly. She was not one to put her emotions out there for others to view, though she surely did let her opinion be known to those around her. The man in front of her was offering her help, something she had wanted badly for weeks now, but had been too consumed in pack work. Too scared to admit her feelings to her family and fearing hat they would see her internal weakness. None of them knew about Hotei and herself and sometimes she wished they would stay like that, and other times she just wanted to spill her heart out to Ice and just see if he would listen or help. Now this wolf appeared and though it was possible that they might see each other, it was highly unlikely…and so, she took the chance. "I fell in love with a man within my pack…and he left. I saw him leave…and…and he never returned and he never will." Her voice remained steady the whole time she told Hollow her short little confession. She knew that he was not gone but she also knew he would never return to her again. He had turned his back on her and the whole pack in the process. And that was something that had wounded Jessie deeper than any other wound she had suffered before.

No Rank
Hollow Nite
The wind whistled around the yearlings ears, driving the words into his head. Her advice to him was something he knew would have formulated regardless in his mind, though he was grateful a wolf had come along to tell it to him when he needed it. As it happens it was truly just what he needed, the black wolf felt himself perk up, he felt his thoughts had been validated, it wasn't just a worry about nothing, but he must let the fear go. It was all that was left of the scared pup whom had been found howling in the heart of lands so long ago. Once he was able to be relieved of that he would be a new wolf, reborn stronger into his new life, so much had changed over such a short period and Hollow hoped the change for good would never cease. After all he was right, all good things must end, but the thought occurred to him that it could be making way for something better. These thoughts soothed the young wolf, he could feel himself warm against the chill wind, His mind felt a little more free to help the peppered female.

When Jessie spoke Hollow almost started to smile if it weren't for the look on the she wolf's face. This was one of those times he felt he could really help someone out properly. Since she was unaware of what it was he was afraid would fall apart it would make this much more credible, and easier for her to relate to. "I can tell you that no matter how dark it gets there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I lost my family as a pup, but now, I am part of a pack I am proud to call family, they may not replace what I lost but they can make it hurt less. Then to my disbelief I myself have fallen in love with a beautiful she wolf, I have been unable to say it to her but I know I love her. I was worried at what would happen if I were gone, if she would move on to another, or if she were gone could I continue?" He took a moment to see let his words sink in and swished his tail across the ground before continuing, t"Then I met a wolf who told me to keep moving forward, and I thought, maybe things happen that are bad so that one may find something better. I don't know if it makes sense but it only takes a second for everything to turn around." The dark yearling finished and kept the she wolf in his gaze wondering how his first bite at trying to lift her spirits had gone.

Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Her mind was in the present, listening to what Hollow had to say to her, but her eyes were settled into the distance. Seemingly they stared at nothing and she was pretty sure she was…just staring at nothing. Sometimes she just wanted to feel numb, while at other times she knew she wanted to feel the pain. It was a reminder of how much it hurt to love and for it to remind her in the future how much caring about others could bring you. Rissa was one example and while she was followed by Hotei she couldn’t shake the last time she had seen them. Rissa’s broken face, her skill glistening up into Jessie’s emerald orb when she had found her. The Swiftpaw had been alone with the body until finally Ice had arrived and she had pulled herself away. And then there had been Hotei, when Ice and taken complete leadership and her burnt man had not accepted this and fled. She was now a broken form of herself. Lost.

Hollow’s words echoed in her ears, barely registering, and some of his words even blurring in her mind, her brain trying to pull apart the words that he was saying and make them make sense. She did not miss one part though, the one that said he was from a pack. Inhaling with his words, she took in his scent once more. His pack was one she knew not about and his continuous words started to make sense to him. His last part of his speech causing a small smile to twitch on the edge of her lips. It was good to know that someone would listen to what she said and take it into consideration. It was this she appreciated, and finally she spoke again, "Well that woman of yours is quite lucky…uhhm…what pack are you in, just out of curiosity?" She tilted her head to the side slightly, mildly curious as to this pack that she knew not of.

No Rank
Hollow Nite
The poor she wolf didn't seem to be lightened much until he saw a slight tug of her lips at his mention of what she had said only a short while ago. Well Hollow, you can't save all of them with one conversation, it seems she may have to fight her own battle here. Of course this did not upset the dark yearling for he already knew this cold fact. Not everyone was within reach in a single instance, in fact he was fairly sure most of the wolves whom he had spoken to had long forgotten his name and everything he had said to them. But in a saying he had picked up from an old male on his travels to the lore, "such is life." It was not really a common phrase he used, but one which he always kept in the back of his mind for occasions like this.

However his black ears pricked at Jessie's question. He began to carefully think of what he would say, due to the scent of wolves faint upon her pelt he could tell that she was a pack wolf as well, though far from home. The question in his mind was not what kind of pack she belonged to, rather it was, how much should be divulged to the female. Should he give her his pack leader's names? It was not so difficult a decision but he wanted to choose his words carefully. "Secret Woodlands, we live in the thickets just on the edge of these fields." Hopefully the information would suffice, but the young male was unsure of whether or not it would deter her from the area, Hollow certainly hoped not. The male enjoyed meeting new wolves in the area, especially if they were friendly, and as far as Hollow could tell, Jessie was one such wolf.

Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Unlike the times prior to when he had spoken there was a pause and for that Jessie had to give him some points. He was hesitant about giving her information about his pack, something that even Jessie did. Though, she was fine with giving away the name of her pack, but anything past that was like trying to pass completely through a mountain without going over it and back down. Almost impossible, unless there was a cave, located near the bottom of the mountain. Her tail would curl behind her back unconsciously. After a few more moments of silence Hollow told her of his pack and location, much more than she had been expecting. She did not mind the extra information, though; in the future she might be able to use it to her advantage. She tucked these small treads in the back of her mind, making a mental note to speak to Ice about this new pack the next time she saw him.

Nodding her head, she let the man in on a little information of her own for his troubles, ”I see…I live in the Sacred Grove with the Swift River pack…perhaps your alphas know of us?” An amused tone settled into that of her voice as she looked at him before tilting her head back in the direction of home. It had been awhile since she had been back and she felt as though it were her time to depart. ”Well, it was a pleasure meeting you. Hollow, until next time!” She gave a little wink at him as she started to back away, her pepper-and-salt colored fur fading into the shadows as she made her way back towards where she happily called home.

No Rank
Hollow Nite
As Jessie spoke of her own pack a vague memory of the day Secret Woodlands had been established. A pack called Swift River had been mentioned. Hollow could not remember where it was, but he knew that Nina did and that was simple enough for him. Since we know where they are, it's only right for them to know where we are. Some may not agree with that way of thinking but the dark yearling always believed in a level playing field. "I believe my Alpha's mentioned your pack at our first meeting, telling us all of course not to go intruding on your lands!." Hollow spoke in a kind tone to the she wolf

All at once she was backing away and telling him how she had to go. Hollow's head dipped to the female and when he raised his eyes once more she winked at him. It caused an odd little smile to play upon his face. "How peculiar." He began to chuckle to himself as he rose slowly and started back towards is own territory. "She was a little odd wasn't she?" He told the wind as he neared the thickets. One last time Hollow's dark head turned towards the fields before it shook and a crack of laughter split the air as he headed back into the thickets. Headed for home.

Played by Silver who has 1 posts.
Inactive
Tyrie Blossom
Tyrie looked around the sunlit field in wonder and excitement. It was her first time entering Relic Lore, and she was undergoing the colossal task of exploring the whole realm. As Tyrie broke into a run across the field, she started grinning from the sheer exhilaration of the wind in her fur, and the scents that bombarded her nose. Eventually she started to slow down, and eventually stopped. Her nose twitched, and her tail lowered to a submissive position. She’d run across the scent of another wolf. Tyrie slowly started to creep forward, and as she did, she smelled another wolf’s scent, although the two smelled completely different. ‘Probably from different packs,’ she thinks to herself.
As Tyrie continued to look around the area warily, her growling stomach brought her to her senses. She hadn't had anything to eat except a measly rabbit the other morning, and now she was hungry. ‘I don’t want to hunt on unknown pack territory. But I’m just so hungry. Would they really mind if I take one small animal?’ Tyrie reasons with herself, although she still feels uneasy about the whole thing. As she starts to move into the thicker, more forested part of the valley to find a meal, movement catches her eye. A small squirrel sitting at the base of a tree sits upright and looks around, its bushy tail flicking through the air. Tyrie crouches down into her hunting position, and springs at the furry creature. As she lands, she freezes dead in her tracks, letting out a small gasp from landing on a thorn. “Ow! Of course I had to land on a thorn.” She mutters to herself. That wolf scent she had picked up in the meadow was full blown here. “I must have have passed a patrol boundary. And it still smells fresh too.” Tyrie slowly got up and started to follow the boundary, completely forgetting her hunger, what with all the excitement she was feeling.