(See All?) Announcements
462 Users Online
Bing, Google

light feet avoid the heat — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kira who has 198 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">The loner had no light feet, he was born with large paws and a large head and only until he reached the age of one did he finally grow into them. His body was no twig, that was for sure and he had since seen himself as a 'tank' to most. Very few were built like him but it was always something he saw as a trademark of his individuality. It was his appearance that others first saw which would then give them their first impression.

Finding a pack was not promising to be easy for him but he would find something to suit his particular interests and possibly a leader that could sparkle. Even then, knowing the leader's pack would be the battle as they would be the ones that would determine his place within the pack. Whether he would become liked or simply regarded as the outcast or stranger. They were the populis and he the underdog.

i'm always looking for threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

Far from petite, Naira was tall for a female of her species, filled out solidly like her father with a slightly longer coat than her siblings one of the few features she had inherited from her slight and pale mother. She carried the intense golden eyes of most of her grandmothers line - the old woman had ever been an imposing force to be reckoned with and all through her childhood she had strived to emulate her dearest grandmother Shadow, who had given her so much - her stubborn nature and fiery temper to boot.

Uncertainty was not a trait she had been raised to endure, and now that she was grown, she handled it no better than she ever had. It plagued her mind that @Sagacity was yet to return, it chaffed her that @Tenzin was still missing and even more concerning yet was the absence of @Rhysis. A whiff of his scent could be caught here and there, but never near her. Was it intentional that he avoided her or merely duty with their sudden drop in members that kept him so far from her? She took some solace in the fact however that @Mapplethorpe was never far. Constant and reliable. Quickly becoming her singular rock in the stormy sea that was her existence. But there were times even she needed to be left to her own devices.

Already she could feel the stirring of life within her womb, and the dawning realisation that soon she would be confined not only to her borders but to a den only increased the itch in her feet, and the need to stretch her legs. There would be time to grow fat and lazy soon enough, but for now, she was still concerned about retribution from Poison Path. Surely their little stunt could not go unavenged?

As her sharp eyes surveyed the horizon, a dark shape came into sight. Could it be her Rhysis? She moved forward - plowing through the remaining snow with confidence, only slowing as she drew near. This wolf was far stockier than her mate, with eyes that burned with fire, rather than ice. She paused, her tail drawing high in an arch over her back as her chest puffed a little to emphasise that she was no small girl to be trifled with, and she waited. She did hate to be the one to break the silence.

[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">After many stops to collect information about the whereabouts of a pack and the general population of each, it had become apparent to him that he had entered Relic Lore in a time where children were being developed. Most women he came across would likely be impregnated by their mates, unwanted or wanted lovers; that of which only made him wish he had someone at all. Even his own sister, Terra, had long since disappeared which only made him feel all the more lonely because she would have walked away from him even if she was here.

Each day that passed he felt a bit more at ease and perhaps a little more at home within the Lore, though he didn't know anyone the way he wanted to. Inkheart had been luck enough last night to have found an aperture in a long abandoned den but it was not home. The only home he knew of would be his chosen pack where he could feel that he wouldn't be an outcast. He might not be as cold-hearted anymore and a little more social given his need to settle but he did still have a rough demeanor.

His realization that most women around these packs were likely pregnant he knew that his timing to mingle was horrible. It was likely no one would want another to feed given the little lives being made nor would they want a stranger near their land. It took little to know time before a female appeared, of course, and raised her tail to assert herself properly. Inkheart nodded and lowered his head respectfully, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">I am sorry to have disturbed you but where am I?

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

That’s what ruling is.Lying on a bed of weeds,
• NAIRA AQUILA •
ripping them out before they strangle you in your sleep.

Her tail lowered to sit more level with her spine after the formalities were over and it was clear no challenge would come from the dark stranger at her door. His tone was respectful but for a moment, his question confused her. Her brows drew together as her head swung to take in their still snow-covered surroundings, “We are on the Mountain of Dire...” She answered smoothly, wondering exactly what this loner was after.

She did not feel comfortable enough yet to bring herself to a seat, but gradually her demeanor softened. “I live not far from here.” She added as an after thought, neglecting to add a direction to her comment. Had he come here to seek out a pack? If so, who had been speaking of their location? Had Tenzin in his absence, forsaken his vows as well, or was it chance and the mild weather that drew the loners to the peak of the mountain and ever closer to the narrow entrance to the pass that was her home?

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by GREY

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Although he remained relaxed in the strangers presence, he understood that she may not feel the same. Inkheart asked important questions so that he could make the best decisions for himself and some might not be willing to trust him enough to give him the things he desired. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Ah, thank you. he subtly replied before looking up the mountain that sudden had a distinctive name.

Perhaps what he had not expected was her to mention that she lived nearby. Though, he would not say he wasn't thankful. She wanted to express information and he would take whatever he could get. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Do you live in one of the packs here? Of course, he could smell a pack upon her but couldn't associate which one was which yet. He had only met with a couple leaders from each but hers was eerily unfamiliar.

So far he had met with wolves from Grizzly Hollow, Poison Path and Willow Ridge and with Phineas from Willow Ridge who planned to set off on his own with his mate to make a pack. Years ago when he had first come to Relic Lore his goal had been to make his own pack and be his own boss. Well, we see how that turned out. Coming back he decided that it would be better to simply challenge himself within a pack rather than being anew. Phineas was going to be his best bet at placing himself amongst friends from the start.

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2013, 11:05 PM by Inkheart.)

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
my milkshake brings all the boys to the pass
and they're like, it's better than your ass

Do you live in one of the packs here? A wry smile tugged at the edges of her lips “You might say that...” she replied a little cryptically, easing her stance in an attempt to disguise the usual confidence that would easily give her away should one choose to look for the markers - standing less assertively would make her appear as just another pack wolf rather than the queen she was. She was not exactly willing to give away too much just yet, after all - she did not know if this wolf was a spy for Athena, ready to give away their location as soon as her back was turned or if he was simply an innocent loner, traveling in search of a pack.

She did not rest her eyes on the stranger for long before they dropped off to his side, still easily within her line of sight, yet less directly challenging than staring. They were still a ways from the pass but she preferred to exercise caution when she came across loners so high. Prey was scarce above the treeline so clearly they wouldn’t be here for the food. The pass was at a lower elevation, littered with trees and a fast flowing stream that dropped off in falls, a veritable eden in the middle of such hostile terrain. It belonged to her, and she to it, and she would protect it’s secrets with her life if needed.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">The child of rogues was no stranger when it came to realizing that you were not in any way wanted or desired. He could tell from the moment that the agouti wolf did not emphasize where she was from, instead disregarded the information like he was not to be trusted. However, he understood another's reason to be secretive and would not pry. It was their life and they could do with it what they would, whilst he would simply find his path elsewhere. It was obvious that by information not being given that she could very well be a loner, or a traveling nomad or even a spy for another pack. Either way, he would leave her at that.

<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Well, he cautiously concluded, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">I can tell when my presence is not necessary or needed. Inkheart would not beat around the bush and pretend his thoughts were not his own, as this was exactly how he felt in the presence of one who did not trust a stranger with a scent that belonged to no one but him. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Have a good one, subtly bowing his head and retreating like a crawfish so that this elusive being could carry on with whatever things she would have preferred to do than chat with someone about their personal belongings.

Although he hadn't exactly gained anything from the encounter besides that there were those that did not trust, he could now say that there was something hidden within Relic Lore that someone didn't want to be found.