Grow a Pear — Nomads Pass 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
For @Crowe

my milkshake brings all the boys to the pass
and they're like, it's better than your ass

Finally the days were growing longer - by moments at a time - but it was enough to warm her heart and confirm the onset of Spring was just around the corner. Languidly she stretched on one of the few soft patches of earth - beneath the boroughs of a spindly scrub pine. The ground was still sprinkled with stark patches of snow, and her heavy cream sides were only emphasised by her frog legged position, rear legs stretched out behind, her tail thumping contentedly against the frosty ground while between forepaws rested the oversized femur of one of the deer they had managed to catch in a recent hunt. It had long been stripped of all meat and flesh, leaving only scraps clinging to the bone, but it wasn’t the meat she was after. She wanted the marrow.

Worrying the nobbly end of the joint between her powerful jaws she allowed her thoughts to wander as she pondered the members of her pack. The grinding and occasional crack of the bone between her teeth soothing away the discomfort of the pups kicking at her insides - helping her to focus. With the return of Datura, things were getting back to normal. On the passes she had made of the border, Rhysis’s scent still lingered strongly, along with the familiar scent of @Mapplethorpe... Of course there was an occasional pass made by @Rais and even the newest recruit - @Asta, but in the absence of her mate and her advisor it had been another, unexpected scent that backed up her own, and continued to remain strong about the perimeter.

She had offered him a chance to prove himself and it seemed he was going out of his way to do so. Yet still she wasn’t sure... Perhaps another test would be needed before Crowe’s position amongst them would be concreted in her mind.

[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Ghoff who has 80 posts.
IV. Guardian
Crowe Shane
Anger, yes today it was anger. Crowe was brooding over the strnge thoughts that crept through his mind. Why the hell can't I kill these wolves? He would begin with murderous thoughts, but then they would always turn to something more like protective thoughts, not murderous as they once were, and that was not okay with Crowe. Of course he knew somewhere on his last scrap of sanity that a voice was telling him it was because they were his pack mates. Yet he wanted so badly to cause some kind of havoc, to infect minds and darken hearts. Oh it could be such fun!

Yet still some strange pull always kept him at the borders watching, waiting. Something had to happen soon or he would surely become murderous with unspent bloodlust. Crowe for the most part was keeping ti himself though, running the borders and remarking them. Any small prey for the pack would be efficiently killed and taken to the cache. Yet it always seemed to have an extra bite mark, and occasionally some would come in torn open, or headless.

After a length of time sitting on a high point that smelled strongly of Naira and some other male the gigantic male decided to head back towards the den. The trek became a little easier each time he made it and Crowe was very pleased to note his improved mobility, though no hunter he was becoming at least a little more agile than usual. He rounded a boulder and nearly came face to face with what looked to him at first like Naira lying atop another wolf. After a moments shock and wonder What the hell is she lying on- oh. It was her... well her stomach. Shaking his head Crowe offered an exceptionally regal bow to his leading lady and spoke, "Naira, my queen, is there any was I can... Assist you today?" He waited with an almost excited look at the thought that for once she may not just snap at him for she was already too far away to immediately do so.

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
Very behavioural short response - don't want to jump to conclusions as far as his response goes :P

Instinctively, at the sound of an approach her hears lay back flat on her head and her chewing ceased. Her jaws were still clamped around the bone as a low possessive growl left her lips and her eyes spun to settle on the pale form of Crowe. All her muscles tensed at his excited stance and she gathered her legs beneath herself, half rising in threat before his words registered in her mind. Her hackles were still upright as she stood, releasing the bone to stand over it possessively, her tail erect as she stared the white wolf down. He would submit, or she would attack. There was no middle ground for this wolf yet.

IV. Guardian
Crowe Shane
I guess his thing is arguing with himself XD

Seriously Naira? Why must you embarrass me so, you know as well as I do that this is unnecessary. Yet he still rolled over as he was taught, he exposed his belly like a good little wretch. It was all he could do to keep his eyes closed. Crowe hated this position, as far as he was concerned he was under no one, he chose Naira to be his leader. I never had to say yes, I could have fought her and left, maybe even killed her. Yet once again those strange thoughts rolled into Crowe's head No you won't, and you never will, she is your leader now Crowe, you lost the game, you are tame.

Never, I am still a beast! Crowe thought angrily at himself. To Naira he spoke softly, "M'lady?" It had never struck the great whit wolf that his incessant arguing with himself may actually be causing visible facial expressions. It was causing every look in the world to play across the wicked males white facade. Naira would surely notice for it looked rather odd, whether or not she would ask was entirely up to her. Crowe, relax, maybe she will give you a mission!

(This post was last modified: May 13, 2013, 08:18 AM by Crowe.)
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

Satisfaction rolled down her spine, calming the possessive woman as the large white wolf folded before her. She allowed the bone to fall forgotten beneath her as she took a proper moment to stand herself up and shake the tension from her body. Looser now, more casual in her approach, she stepped forward, lowering her snout to poke at his exposed chest, a quick jerk of her heavy head bumping against his lower jaw. Her tail twitched in what could have been a wave of approval before she turned her back on the white beast and moved back to her bone.

She ignored his words for a moment, as if they had meant little more to her than the sounds of errant crickets on the breeze. When he had taken a moment to calm himself she would speak, and not before. He needed to learn to be less excited, and a whole lot more focused on what was required of him.

“Are you ready to claim a place amongst the ranks?” she questioned, not caring if he replied or not. If he did, she would allow the silence to stretch out between them until he found a quiet stillness again. “You do well marking the borders. Is it a Guardian you wish to become? I may have a job but it will require more than brawn, it will require wits. Do you think you can handle a task such as this?” She looked over the wolf before her, appearing almost bored, but more than interested to see what his answer may be.

IV. Guardian
Crowe Shane
Crowe felt the muzzle press into his chest and flick up to the underside of his chin. As Naira turned away he rolled to his stomach, remaining on the ground. This is where you belong now Crowe, on the ground, with the worms and carrion. His thoughts hissed at him, scolding him as badly as any real wolf could. No I am not low, I am smart, I would die on my own, I could not catch enough prey to feed myself. So I stay here. The argument sounded valid in his head but he knew he would never be forgiven for bowing to an alpha. It was the most glaring problem with the male, he was unable to get over himself, Crowe acted as the judge and jury of his own mind, condemning himself for things that didn't really matter. But Naira, Naira could fix that, she could be his judge and jury.

The queen spoke and Crowe listened as he should and had to stop his jaw from dropping and his tail from wagging. With every last ounce of self control the male had he responded, "Yes of course Naira." So much more Crowe wanted to say but couldn't as he had seen clearly what any malicious excitement would get him. A nip, and a reprimand, or ignored entirely, Crowe did not want that, he did not want that at all, Crowe wanted to be noticed. But oddly enough the longer he stayed with the pack the more introverted he became.

So Crowe stayed and listened becoming more and more interested with each and every word Naira spoke. Absorbing it, weighing it, he stored her statements for any kind of future reference and held on to every syllable for dear life. When his reply came it was measured, cold and very, precise, not only was his goal to accept her offer, but to display his ability. "A guardian yes m'lady, I wouldn't be a fit hunter. As for this... mission, I'm sure if our mutual friend Tenzin Laylani were here he could certainly tell you what kind of... wit I posses. That is to say simply, yes Naira I am ready." Of course Crowe knew that even though he hadn't said it It, Naira would just have to accept his word because Tenzin wasn't here, and so he had no support.

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

The mention of Tenzin’s name sent a strange stab of pain through her chest. She had trusted the tawny wolf, considered him as a potential partner to lead at her side if Rhysis wasn’t found - in fact it was he who encouraged her to rise up and fill the position she was born to hold. But it wasn’t meant to be, and now he was gone. She pushed the thoughts from her mind roughly as a smug smile worked it’s way across her face. Crowe was not aware of the... hostilities they had towards their neighbors, and so she would fill him in a little. “Bring me some leaves from the nightshade that grows by the Lost Lake.” she commanded with a small smile.

“Before we came to the Pass, myself and Rhysis were members of Swift River. Poison Path, the pack by the Lake was our first pack. My son was stolen in the night and when I pursued the kidnapper I was trapped on the other side of the mountain by a landslide. It took me and my son months to return and when we did, I found myself in your position now. They tried to keep my children from me.” her voice was dangerously quiet. “They are our enemies Crowe. Lead them back here, and I will kill you myself.”

IV. Guardian
Crowe Shane
As Naira spoke, Crowe listened, why she would need nightshade leaves Crowe had no idea, but it did not matter much did it? Of course at the same time Crowe began to realize he did not care what had happened to Naira, and whoever 'Rhysis' was. That was past, and this was present, the time of her past heartaches was apparently a long time passed since she was impregnated with her second litter. Sure Crowe's past occasionally made it's own appearance in his head, but most of the time it was not something he thought about constantly. It seemed that there were a lot of wolves in these parts, dwelling on past wrongdoings instead of moving on with their lives. Crowe was not one such wolf to dwell, he thought abut it on occasion, but he never did dwell.

Now was his dawn, he would use the petty squabble between the two packs and rise to what he felt was his rightful place. Not leader, no Crowe was already aware enough to know that his madness would ruin the pack, but second. Yes second would be perfect, trusted, and respected, and any... transgressions that he may.. accidentally make would be easily forgiven. Yes Crowe, that is the perfect plan, gain their trust, and then you shall do whatever it is you want! This could work, Crowe realized, he could grow powerful once more.

Back to the matter at hand, he had become so absorbed in his own thoughts, he was merely staring at nothing. Silently staring, as if he were waiting for something to happen before he came to himself. "Yes m'lady, and what if there happen to be a few... casualties, shall we say?" His face twisted into the odd smile halfway between something almost genuine, and complete madness, with all of his teeth showing. Oh how I hope she will let me kill something, I need to feel blood in my throat.

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
You can wrap this up with your next post and we can claim our LP :)

A less than ladylike snort left her lips at his question, turning back to her bone and laying herself down comfortably she positioned it back between her paws and used her mouth to lift it until the nobbly end coated in cartilage and carrion was elevated across one forepaw. “I just told you Crowe, there is no love lost between us. Why would casualties be of any consequence to me?” her eyes bored holes into the top of his skull wondering if indeed there was any grey matter at all residing between those snowy ears of his.

More than ready to get back to the task from which she had been interrupted she struggled to contain an agitated sigh as he remained there, within her line of sight, did a dismissal need to be any more obvious? “I’m giving you free reign Crowe, just bring me my leaves and come home in such a way that you can’t be traced. Have fun with this task, do it well, and I will make you a guardian. Fuck up...?” Well she had already given him the outcome should that happen.

Impatiently she watched the cogs turn in the white wolfs head before she decided he had been given more than enough time to digest her words. He had a moment to get any final words in before she would offer him a growl and snap to send him on his way. One way or another, she hoped he would prove useful, and that his vacation would provide her tales of amusement on his return.

IV. Guardian
Crowe Shane
Crowe's yellow orbs began to glow, with a sinister light. His face twisted into the unnerving smile all the while Naira spoke. The tension began to build as Crowe realized exactly what Naira wanted. Precise and thought out planning coupled with brutality and cunning. Of course more than anything what excited Crowe were the words; free reign. That means anything, anything that Crowe found necessary would be done. This was his chance, all he had to do was bring back nightshade and he would be made guardian. Yes Crowe, all you have to do to gain her trust is this one. simple. task. But you can't do it, you will fuck up and you will fail.

Once again his mind fought, but this time instead speaking out loud, he held in his retort. Fuck you, you aren't real, you're only in my head. Satisfaction washed over him as the voice in his mind was silenced. With that small battle won Crowe opened his maw once more to speak, "I will not fail, Naira." His words greeted with silence and a look that said leave, he turned his back and set off without a moments stop at the cache, this was too important by far to be stopping to eat. Off he went towards lost lake, and poison path to gather nightshade leaves and possibly even shed some enemy blood.