The Perfect Placement — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
@Minka @Sloane @Simaea @Kieth @Anglo
~Note that this is just outside of the caverns mouth~

May 2nd, 2013

A wolfs blue gaze stared into the shadow she cast upon the ground behind her. It's an enormous mass... the gray she wolf wrinkled her nose at the sight of her huge distorted shadow. It was easily seen in her outline that the female was very pregnant, her belly bulging even as she sat uncomfortably upon the ground. The silver she wolf was deep in thought.

She knew that the caverns were a good place for the pack, but for pups? Even if we blocked off the dangerous parts of the cave pups could probably find some way around and get hurt somehow. I know I probably would have been roaming all over.. Heck.. I did roam all around and almost get killed. She scented the air searching out her pack mates smells. Everyone seemed to be doing well and were all quick to get started doing whatever activities they were best at. Minka was doing well with the caches. Though it wouldn't look like it because they were always being raided by the young silver leader. Simaea also seemed to be doing well despite being bumped down to third when the older fea Minka came into the pack.

Nari was on edge about that thought too. She knew that the dark wolf was a little young but so was Minka. So am I but I'm an alpha...Honestly.. Either of them have the ability to be second. Maybe I should just let them figure it out. If Simaea wants to be second she could always try and dominate Minka. Nari wasn't so sure if the dark fea would do that. At first she had seemed to be cautious and a little shy, though now some time has passed and Simaea had come out of her shell. The silver wolf could do nothing else but watch to see who might take the lead and fight for that spot.

On the males side of things old wolf Kieth was still second and he seemed to be keeping his lofty position quite easily. Anglo had been hard at work proving himself, but Narimé wasn't even sure if the two males had even met as of yet. Perhaps I should call everybody here. Maybe they can help me look for a safer place to have my pups... It wasn't a bad idea. The new den would keep the pups safe until they had learned about some rules and of the dangers that lie in wait around this world. Then when they are big enough I can move them to the main den in the cave.

That's what we'll do today. Lets have everyone meet each other for once. Then maybe get some work done. Narimé stood up, stumbled after dizziness plagued her head, then sighed as a few kicks poked around her insides. Somebody was awake in there. Perhaps angry with their mothers movements. The silver wolf lifted her head and called out, her howl amplified by the caves mouth as if she were in an opera theater.

"Come here everyone! I would like your help please!" her strong voice carried through the tiny swatch of forest and out into the meadow.

(This post was last modified: Jul 22, 2013, 07:21 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane grunted in frustration as the brown rabbit that he'd been pursuing slowed and looked over his shoulder at him, almost as if to say, Why are you so slow? He wasn't sure why he was even still trying for this one. He knew that he lacked the speed to catch it, but he tried anyways. His large paws scrabbled in the dirt as he darted to and fro, his movements seeming positively sluggish next to the little hopper.

When her beautiful voice rang out, the huge male was not far and a smile lit his face as he came to a skidding stop. She sounded almost happy as she called for her family. Not to say that she'd been unhappy, but feeling miserable all the time had to weigh down on her spirits. She didn't let it show whether that was true or not, always seeming happy and positive. It was one of the things that he loved about her so much, her optimism and cheerfulness. He gave the rabbit that had been leading him a merry chase one last look, almost as a promise. He'd be back for that one and he'd serve the varmint up on a silver platter for his lady love.

With a grunt at the thing, he turned and followed the beckon of he lovely mate. When he arrived at the cave a few minutes later, he felt the familiar awe overcome him that Narime', beautiful sweet Narime' was his forever. And now she was quite round with his young, their first litter. Pride in her and their future welled up as he approached her nuzzling her cheek lovingly before wrapping his head over her neck and shoulders in a hug of greeting. Whether he was away for an hour, a day or a month, seeing her brought out the wonderfully sappy emotional side of him.

He pulled away and met her lovely unique eyes with a sparkle in his own and a lopsided smile. "So, my beautiful Blue Eyes, what are you so excited about this lovely day?" She seemed especially perky for her these days and he hoped that she would not make him wait too long to discover what she had on her mind.

Knight of Honor
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
she doesn't care how she gets there, as long as she gets somewhere she knows...

The fae still carried a slight sickly scent from the morning before, but she no longer had any symptoms besides the occasional slight cramping in her stomach. She felt guilty for leaving her pack for almost 24 hours, especially so close to her leader's birth, and hoped that they would not be angry with her. She had been travelling back from the lagoon when the scent of weasel had reached her, causing the she wolf to pause in her tracks. She was working on claiming the role of huntress within the packs, and had been catching as much as possible to fill the cache and sate Narimé's constant hunger, which she was happy to do for her and the pups.

Her snout low to the ground she had followed the scent to a small hollow where it seemed the weasel was sleeping, with its tail foolishly hanging out of the den. Using her paw to pull the animal from its cavern, Minka grasped the animal within her jaws, breaking the neck effectively without breaking the skin, this would stop the thing from rotting as quickly. Turning she began to trot back towards her own Cavern, the place she had called home for a few weeks now, though she had not met anyone beside's her leaders and Simi. It was then that her alpha's call reached her ears, and her pace turned from a trot to a run, the strange creature's long body swinging from her jaws as she carried it towards the cave mouth.

Both of her alpha's had already arrived, but nobody else yet and Minka presented the weasel to Narimé, "I thought you might be hungry and want something fresh this morning," she mused after she had dropped the meal before her leader's paws. Then taking stepping backwards a few lengths she nodded her head respectfully to Sloane, and turned back towards the female, awaiting further instruction.

table by mimi
Played by Littlewing who has 13 posts.
Inactive III. Guardian
Anglo Quinsarc
The wolf was returning from a small patrol. He was still learning the area... he was close, but not quite ready. His ears perk as the silver-coated alpha called for her pack-mates. The black-furred man begins to quicken his pace. His walk picks up a few paces. Soon, he arrives in the den-site. He observes his family- Nari, Sloane, and another wolf- one he hadn't met yet. He lowers his tail as he approaches, and lets his ears lower themselves onto his head.

Anglo dips his head before he looks to the female near him. "Anglo Quinsarc" he says, giving her his name. He gives a polite smile and dip of his head before he looks to his leaders. He would await her next words. He wouldn't ask any questions until others have gathered. Anglo keeps his submissive posture as he patiently stands and anxiously awaits what his new leaders had to say. Whatever was needed, he would help as much as he could. He was not to disappoint.

Played by Melorama who has 49 posts.
Inactive II. Teacher
Kieth Tatum

It was overly cloudy, with only a fraction of the light blue sky showing through the large, grey mass of the clouds. But the good thing was that the temperature had risen, although it was very likely that the temperature would drop again. It always did.

Sighing, Kieth rolled onto his stomach before getting his long legs underneath him and standing up. Leaning slightly backwards on his haunches, he stretched out his front legs before doing his hind legs. He had been resting for a while, lying on his back with his eyes closed. The last few days had been tiring, patrolling constantly and hunting to keep the caches for his leader, his queen, Narimé. She was expecting pups and was always hungry, but that was to be expected with having a heavily pregnant female among your group.

A howl broke the grey male out of his thoughts. It was almost melodic, and one he knew. It was from his silver queen. She was asking for help, for who knows what. But if his queen ever needed help, he would be there to give it. Giving his pelt a quick shake and groom, Kieth started forward in a fast trot, his long legs stretching forwards with each stride.

When the grey male arrived at the cave a few minutes later, his pale grey eyes saw four wolves standing close together. There was the familiar russet coloured fur of his leader, Sloane, and of course his silver queen, Narimé. The larger black male who he had only met once, and a unfamiliar brown and grey fae. Was she a new recruit? Probably, otherwise she wouldn't be at the pack meeting.

Although his gaze searched around the cave, he couldn't see Simaea. It was likely that she was on her way, but he was worried that she was in trouble. He knew that he shouldn't fuss over her like a parent, but he felt real concern for the yearling. She had gone through a hard past, and was only just beginning to come out of her shell.

Looking around once more, he tried to put away his worries before walking up to the rest of his pack. First to be greeted as pack rule was the higher ranked wolves, his leaders. Padding over to them, he lowered his tail and dipped his brown and grey head in a sign of respect. His pale grey gaze was averted from their faces as he let the tip of his nose touch both of their chins. Stepping back, he kept his stance in a submissive form as he opened his jaws to speak. "Sloane, Narimé." It was only then that he raised his head slightly and looked up, although still not directly at their faces.

After a few moments, he turned away from his leaders and padded up to greet the darker male, Anglo. This time, he raised his head and tail just above the dark males' as he was the more dominant wolf. But he didn't blatantly show that he was more dominant, more like reminding him. He looked into Anglo's eyes and dipped his head in a greeting. This would be the first time that they would actually get to know one another. "Hello there Anglo. It is good to finally meet you."

568 Words

You can run, but
you can't hide...
[Image: wcpride3_by_terra_anne-d60id3y.png]
You can run, but you can't hide

Played by Ghoff who has 83 posts.
No Rank
Simaea Nite
The smallish fae had been curled up deep within the cave, she had taken to exploring a lot recently, small crevices and places to hide herbs were her main target, maybe a den that could fit maybe three wolves and her herbs, that would certainly be ideal for then she could truly try and become a healer. But first thing was first, a good den that she could keep others in if she needed to. As of late Simaea had only found a spot big enough for her herbs and two wolves, a small hole in the side of one of the tunnels, which she had been slowly digging out so that it may accommodate her and others a little better. The only thing that worried her was a trickle of water a little further down the tunnel, Simaea hoped that that was all it was for it could be useful, but Simaea knew it could also be deadly. It was a good start still, and so far Simaea was satisfied. In a comfortable slumber the she wolf was called from her dreams by Narime's voice. She rose and began to trek from her small hole and after a few moments made her arrival into the main cavern.

As Simaea approached Narime and Sloane she bent low to the both of them and nudged Narime, the first friend she had made in her life it felt like. "Didn't we have a prey cache yesterday?" She gave a huff and turned startled by the sight of the newcomers suddenly her ears went flat and the she wolf backed up almost scraping her belly on the floor of the cave until she was near Keith. Though she knew Minka already, she had not met the other wolf, and the higher number of wolves made her more nervous in general. Unconsciously her head tucked backwards until the scars across her neck were covered. I hope he's friendly Though the other male had shown not even a whiskers twitch towards her yet, she was still afraid of him, even if it was just a little bit.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

It was quick. All of her family answering her call. Narimé was surprised and thankful for the closeness she could already feel from those who were gathering around. Blue eyes drifted from her mate Sloane to Minka, then to Kieth and finally to Simaea's dark shape as it emerged from the den. Nari had thought she'd scented Simaea close by. Nari's face grew flushed after the dark young woman amusingly teased her about the "supposed" cache pile that was supposed to be in the cave. Blushing Narimé tipped her head up and grinned while setting her head warmly on Simaea's neck for just a moment.

"When the pups want food I gotto listen to them..." she giggled while stepping closer to Sloane and briefly hiding her red face in his russet shoulder. The scent of weasel then came to the hunter. A scent she had not yet encountered before, only showing her inexperience. Even as an ex huntress of Willow Ridge Nari had never come upon a weasel. Turning away from Sloane she answered his question while at the same time nosing the weasel that Minka had brought.

"I want you guys to meet each other number one... Number two I need help finding a smaller safer den to.. well.. to have..m..my pups in.." She grew warm and stumbled with her words just thinking about it. I'm having pups! My own family!!! And excited whine slipped out from her maw at the same time a huge growl erupted from her stomach. Her attention was immediately dragged back to the weasel below her face. "I don't know what this thing is but I'm going to try it.." She sniffed it with a wrinkled nose then opened her jaws and bit down square in the middle of the creature. It's belly still leaked warmth after being killed only a short while ago.

Quickly she finished the meal licking her chops at the unique taste the mustelid was leaving in her mouth. She accepted everyone's greetings then turned to Minka. "Thank you Minka!" Nari stood up fully again and gave Minka a wide grin not realizing there was a bit of weasel fur between her teeth.

Anglo had kept quiet mostly. Spare for giving his name to Minka. Nari glanced over to their newest member and gave him a look of pity. She knew how it felt to meet a bunch of new wolves. Nari had done the same in Elettra's pack during her first meeting. "You'll get used to it I promise.." She whispered jokingly towards the dark wolf. Then her blue orbs found themselves settled on Kieth. The gray wolf seemed to be his usual honest calm self.

Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
she doesn't care how she gets there, as long as she gets somewhere she knows...

Minka quickly took her place as second by Nari's side as a wolf she had never met before arrived, it seemed everyone in this pack was larger than her. She dipped her muzzle in response to him, "Minka Leigh," she introduced herself though kept it short as she was anxious to hear what Narimé had called them for. Another male arrived shortly thereafter and the fae repeated the introduction to him by telling him her name, it seemed that he was also a second as he displayed dominance over Anglo. He took his place near the dark male and the last to arrive in the circle was Simaea and Minka gave a friendly smile towards the younger girl. They had only met once and had chased some foxes out of the territory but she seemed nice, albeit shy, and the fae had not seen her since. It had been quick the arrival of everyone and the fae could feel her heart warm as she looked around, she was fitting in here and she wondered if soon she would be close enough to these wolves to call them family.

A chuckle escaped her at the brief exchange between the youngest member of the pack and the alpha, it was true, the caches seemed to be emptying just as fast as the hunters were filling them. She did not mind however and had always enjoyed hunting, especially if it meant that it would benefit the leader and her unborn pups. The reason of the meeting was announced and Minka could feel her tail wag in response, it was a task that was easy enough, easy enough that is once they found a spot for them to place it which could prove difficult. Laughing she explained, "it's a weasel, they taste a little strange at first but it's a nice change every once and a while from eating the same thing every day." She nodded her muzzle to the leader and returned her smile, accepting her thanks even though it was not needed, it was her job as second to do as much as she could to aid in a smooth pregnancy.

table by mimi
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Come on guys... @Simaea @Sloane @Kieth @Anglo and remember there's no posting order

Her gaze traveled back towards the rest of her pack mates. She regarded them with a warm look. They were her new family. Not by blood perhaps, but still the wolves around her were forging bonds with each other just by trusting one another enough to sit this close. It was a wonderful thing to see a stable wolf pack. It suddenly dawned on her that role's would have to be given out to those who had proven themselves. Looking through the pack she realized that only Minka and Simaea had really showed skill in certain area's. Kieth, Nari was unsure about, same with Anglo.

"A weasel? I've never hunted one of them before. It was pretty good though. Have you ever tried for beaver?" It seemed Nari had a little time for small talk, and it was a good chance to get to know Minka as well. To see what she had hunted in the past and compare it to the things Nari had managed to take. While she waited for Minka's response the silver woman glanced around debating on which of her subordinates to send out and find a good place for a birthing den. Simaea maybe? I'm not sure she's old enough, much like myself, to know where a good birthing den is. Minka was busy hunting already I don't want to bother her too much. Perhaps the untested Anglo? He's an older experienced wolf himself. Nari was sure he would find a safe place for the packs pups to be born. Of course she would get the final say in location. However right now her stomach didn't want her to move much so sending out one of her family who could move quickly would get things done faster.

"Actually Anglo. Could you perhaps scout around for me for a few birthing den locations? After the meeting of course." She looked towards the dark male wondering if he would be up to the challenge. Now was his chance to prove himself in finding a place for the future of the pack to come into the world safely.

Played by Littlewing who has 13 posts.
Inactive III. Guardian
Anglo Quinsarc
Anglo dips his head to Keith and offers a hearty and warm smile. His tail wags slightly, and he turns his head to look at Simaea, who crawls up near Keith. He offers a dip of his head to her now, too. Soon, though, another pack member speaks, and the silver leadess replies. His skin prickles when he suddenly hears his name. Perking up, his ears erect themselves, and he nods. "Most certainly" he replies. A wave of heat pushes through his body as he grows anxious. He wanted to prove himself. Though the leaders already seemed accepting of him, he wanted to show that he was worth thriving with them.

As he stands anxiously, he begins imagining what a good birthing den would look like. Something small, but not too small. It had to be cozy. His orange-brown eyes focus on a branch of a willow as he thinks. Maybe something was moss or soft grass. Maybe soft dirt... would that be good enough? He was over thinking. He closes his eyes as he levels his head to listen to his packmates and what was going to be discussed next. The dark coated man seats himself now, forcing himself to be patient.