Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
For @Ash <3333
athena
scars remind us who we are

Overcast — Current Temperature: 48° F/9° C

He was gone. The last hope she had for a better future had disappeared with the roaring winds. Her cubs would now grow up not knowing their real father. She had searched for hours, but came up with nothing. Her paws were tired and her body was weak. Climbing this far up the mountain was foolish of her with her being half way through her pregnancy, but she was desperate, every man that she had come to have feelings for disserted her in the end. The only hope that she seemed to have left was the squirming balls of fur inside of her. Deep sadness and turmoil encroached her mind and soul as she stood there alone once more.

Gently lying down on her side upon the cold stone of the great mountain, she hopelessly cursed the wind as it whipped around her. She didn’t understand why Mother Nature was doing this to her. AS soon as she got her hopes up for the future, that hope was ripped away from her, leaving her bare and alone. Though, she truly wasn’t alone. She had Ash and perhaps Steel, even though he doesn’t exactly talk, his interminable presence still helps. The two girls beneath her have seemed to always elude her, but once her cubs were born, she hoped they’d begin to show themselves again. If only Bella was still here. If she just heard her joyful voice once more, it would brighten her world and destroy all the sadness in her heart. However, Athena was a realistic being and she knew that today would not be the day.

Just something I decided to whip up since I'm in the computer lab.<3
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
Aww. I'm glad the two of them get to have some bounding time. <33

He could tell in the wind that whispered to him and the mountains curves that were his eyes. The fading scents and lack of presence was becoming more noticeable as the days had passed, and he knew that soon, the time when come when Athena would finally break. And just like always, the large brute would be there for her, being her shoulder and her lead once more, never letting his presence be anything other than comfortable for her. Today had been the day, the change in the mountains air was palpable to him and Ash knew that know was the time that he would go seek Athena out. Go to her, the female voice in is head whispered, she needs you more than ever. His instincts were driving him forward and towards his alpha, worry already growing in the pits of his stomach.

Nose lowered to the ground, he tracked her scent easily and came upon the White Queen, her form extremely small compared to his own. Perking his ears forward, he walked over to the fallen, broken leader and pressed his large form against hers, a sign of comfort. Hanging his head over hers in an embrace, he breathed in her familiar scent, reminding himself of his job, and what he was here to do. Clenching his jaw slightly, he whispered softly in her ear, "I will never allow him near you again. He will be killed upon sight, just as I said before." His words were strong, reassuring, and most of all promising. Ever since he had first given his oath to Athena he had never broken it, and he had not been prepared to break it until the day one of them died. Today…would not be that day.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
athena

It wasn't long before she sensed his presence, the only one that has been with her the longest. Ash, her forever Guardian, had tracked her up the winding mountain and has come to comfort her in her time of need while the one that she thought she could count on had disappeared. Her fiery eyes kept trained on the horizon before her as Ash came to her side. With her neck curled on her front legs, Ash's head curved perfectly around her. She heard his whispered words and nodded to let him know she was listening. She let him know that she cared that he cared.

It was truly remarkable that Athena still was able to trust. Only certain wolves, however, and Ash was one those certain few. The Hervok Guardian was the most trusted , though; they have been through thick and thin together. The two of them certainly had the best partnership. Gently licking the brown guardian's foreleg, she rested her head down upon it, releasing a small huff of exhaustion. Couldn't things get better for her? Or is she too blind to see that it's already starting to? "Why do these things happen to me, to us?" She whispered, the exhaustion clear in her voice.

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

Remaining with her was not something he would ever not do for Athena. He would be there for her whenever she needed him to be. Only now, he was starting to realize that both of them needed each other every day of their lives. It was not just her and it was not just him, they were one package. Wherever one of them were, the other was close behind, always near, like a coin. The pair thrived off of one another and perhaps it had finally been long enough and it was time for them to admit the truth. They needed one another…they cared for one another…and most importantly, they loved one another. Her light head against his foreleg made him immobile to move, for he did not wish to make her uncomfortable. However, he did lean down to smooth the fur on the top of her petite white head down.

Her words were a whisper, but the mountain winds were calm and it made everything even easier for Ash to hear. Glancing down at her, he took a deep breath, looking back up at the stars. His sister had her God and Ash had his Stars. And so when he looked back down upon his alpha, his voice was soft, soothing, and loving, "I think it’s Stars way of telling us that there is someone out there better for us…someone that won’t hurt us." His green eyes looked down upon her, hating to see the sadness that was overtaking his leader. He had seen her like this many times before and he had not known what he had to do…but now he was sure he did. He had to make her his so that no one else would be able to hurt her as much as they had before. He would have to see what she thought about this…and he was sure that right now was not the right time for such a comment.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
athena

As her delicate head lied upon the strong foreleg of her protector, her mind was silent. It was like she was in shock. Her body and mind were tired; they didn’t want any more torture. The calm winds of the mountain funneled over the two of them, whispering sweet melodies in her ear. The mountain was her home; she found comfort here and the mountain seemed to find comfort in her presence as well. After everyone else leaves her, she’ll at least have the mountain. The mountain would never leave her and that comfort kept her going. However, another part of her, that has been hiding away for so long, sees that Ash, above all others, has been there for her every step of the way. But, she has been too blind to see what truly can happen between them. What beautiful lives they could have together. However, blindness and hurt kept her away from that thought.

His voice was unusually soft as he spoke into her ear, his hot breath soothing her. She didn’t know it yet, but his words held a secret meaning, almost a foreshadowing to what was to come, but yet again, she didn’t see it. Instead, ignorance seeped into her heart. “Everyone will hurt us some way, some time. It’s a fact of life that I have grown accustomed to,” she whispered as she lifted her body away from him and walked closer to the edge of the cliff, sitting down. Her fiery eyes gazed out across the landscape and up to the stars before answering him once again. “The Stars are wrong.”

(This post was last modified: May 29, 2013, 02:42 PM by Athena.)
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
I hope you knew about Ash losing his mind to Treena's voice in his head! <33

With his words, her reaction was somewhat immediate. The response that he received was not the one that he had been hoping for. But even he knew that everyone needed time to heal and Athena still needed that time. Ash knew that he could and would give that time to her. He knew how hard it was to heal after heartbreak struck you. When she walked away from him, he felt an aching pain from the loss of her touch at the base of his leg. The voice that had been haunting him suddenly reappeared, whispering in his head, Go to her Ash…comfort her. Just like always, he listened, moving forward to stand next to his lady as her final words reached his awaiting ears. Taking a deep breath he took another step and landed beside her, his muscled frame pressing against her now plumped body.

Looking up at Stars, he let his mossy green eyes gleam back at them. He had enough faith in them that was specifically for him. If Athena did not accept that…then that was how it was for her, but that did not mean that Ash could not have his own faith. Calmly, he spoke to her, "Athena…you know I would never ever do anything to intentionally hurt you. If…if I ended up leaving it would be because of death." His voice wavered at the end, not really thinking about what he had said before he said it. He knew that the words he spoke were true though. If he were to ever leave Athena’s side, it would be because of his own death. Looking over towards the small white Queen next to him, he looked towards her amber eyes, awaiting the answer to what he had said to her.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
athena

Walking away from him brought the ache in her heart that he easily soothed with his touch, but she needed to clear her mind and think clearly if she was going to move on. She knew that moving on was the only way, but she was tired of always having to move on. Athena just wanted things to be fine and dandy, but that wasn't her life and it'll never be her life. The cold breeze ripped through her fur as she stood alone on the cliff, but it wasn't long before Ash came back to her side. His warm body pressed up against her pregnant belly and her heartache was partially soothed. However, she didn't think there would be anything that completely diminish the heartache that she has.

His words brought on a terrible memory of her father, but instinctively she pushed it away immediately. However, it came creeping back and she had to wonder. "Have I ever told you of my past? What I grew up with, I mean?" She inquired her fiery eyes glancing over to stare at those mossy green gems. There isn't many that know of her past, only three from Relic Lore knew of it. Ava, Tlarx, and Eden were the only ones that she told. With that thought in mind, guilt flooded her body. She never told Ash about her terrible past and he had been the loyalist friend that she has ever had. It didn't seem fair to him.

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

Both wolves stood in silence for such a long time, taking comfort in the others warmth. It was good to know that Ash would always have one constant in his life…someone that he knew that no matter what happened, he would be able to rely on. Whenever he had fallen, she had been there for him and in turn he had always been there. He was a never ending silent support that never seemed to disappear, even when he wasn’t there. Many had told him that the mountains were his eyes and the wind his ears and he had laughed at one time, amused at what they had said about him but now, for some reason, he knew that they weren’t joking. He truly was the Ghost King of the mountains and no one, even if they tried there hardest, would ever be able to tear him down from his throne. Athena needed him and so the protective Guardian would never leave her side.

When her soft words came to him, he pricked his ears, jade gems gleaming at her as she spoke. He was showing her that she had his utmost attention on her and only her, just as he always had. He was a strong pillar in a storm, the rock that was so heavy, only a bulldozer could move it. He was not moving his place in his Lady’s life anywhere, for he was hers…and hers only. Shaking his head in response to her question, his voice was a whisper, "No…it was never my place to bring it up…still isn’t." He gave a small shrug much truth to the words he had spoken. Athena’s past was none of his business, considering that he was not a part of it and he had respected her boundaries. She would only tell him what she felt comfortable sharing with him and Ash could accept that. But he supposed that now that they were partners, it was time for the two to know a little bit more about the other.