Bing

Tuck and Roll — Dead-Drop Escarpment 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 114 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Semananti
Image of Escarpment
All Welcome

Semananti had again, wandered farther from home then she was supposed to, she had found herself to want to explore more often. Or perhaps it was to get away from Guiness for a bit, he had been a bit creepy when they had last met, the silence had been awkward. The need for information had been even creepier then the silence had. She wasn’t watching where she was going, and she hadn’t seen the steep drop up ahead. She finally looked up and one of her feet caught the edge where some loose rocks were. She barely caught her footing in time as to not fall and break her neck on the forest a good distance below. The slope was so steep it was almost a cliff, but it had some angle to lead to the rest of the fen below.

Her eyes were flashing with panic and caution, she wanted no more accidents. She looked for a more direct and safer way down to the other parts of the fen she had been exploring for some time now. A small hiss as she saw that the slope lessened the farther she went. She started to run, farther away from the side, towards said slope which wasn’t deadly. She made her way down carefully and then went to examine the place from below. It was interesting; she had run into many things in her time. There had been plateaus and rivers. She had gone into a copse or two, the foothills, the mountains. She had never run into the landform on her travels before. Something to report to Elettra she assumed, though it was very far from the Ridge, she figured to keep it her little secret.

Artemis, thank you for saving my life by letting me keep my footing rather than making me fall to my death. She prayed her thanks, hoping the mother of all had heard her. Though the goddess wasn’t a mother, as she was chaste and pure, she was considered a mother by all who had joined the hunt. Examining the 'slope' closer she realized, it was a complete dead-drop down.

(This post was last modified: May 31, 2013, 02:14 AM by Semananti.)
[Image: WR3.png]
Played by Arla who has 4 posts.
hope you don't mind me joining! :3
Reluctantly the tomboy had finally dragged herself away from the Lagoon that she was temporarily calling home. The Delacroix princess had merely passed through the territories, lingering only long enough to snuff out any packs, and then disappearing into the neighbouring area. She was, for the time being, enjoying her new found freedom after leaving the tribe behind her — but she was still searching for a home. One could only be alone for so long, and eventually the life of a loner was going to catch up with the agouti female.
The earth of the pine forest reminded the youth of the marsh she had discovered after first arriving in Relic Lore, the mud squishing between her toes as she trekked forward. It was difficult to navigate through the area, but that's what the girl liked so much about exploring — she liked the struggle, the difficultly; the feeling of the branches snagging on her coat made the female felt more alive and free. She missed her family, especially being by herself so often without the company of another wolf, but this was part of discovering who she was. The tribe would always be her home, but she could still make a new one.
Her body was low to the ground as she carried herself through the Fen, fiery eyes darting around for a shadow of another in the distance. She was too busy enjoying the feeling of the muck splash against her legs to notice the scent of another nearby, her thin body weaving through the pine trees. Koop paused once she noticed that the ground below her ended abruptly before her, head cocked curiously as she cautiously stepped forward. Her movements were hesitant, as the loner was unsure whether the ground would slip away from beneath her, and she finally stopped far enough that she could still see over the ledge. And to Augustine's surprise, there was a wolf below her. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#FF3D01;">"Bonjour?" How did the wolf get down there? Surely she didn't jump — Koop knew that if she was to jump now the fall was surely to kill her, or seriously injure her. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#FF3D01;">"How did you get down there?"
looking for more threads, if interested pm me!
Inactive Deceased
Semananti

Semananti was calm as she saw another body on the top of the ridge area; the escarpment was the only thing that was separating them from talking. The female called out a greeting, and she asked Sema how she had gotten down there, and she hoped the female had the senses to know that she did not jump. Sema gave her own greeting and started to explain. "Hello there!" She spoke, and then she continued on. "There is a slope farther down the escarpment that is safe to go down to get to the other part of the fen." She explained, and pure curiosity took over. She wondered why that wolf hadn’t lost her footing or almost lost it as Sema had. Perhaps the female had just been a bit more careful then Sema had cared to be. The Agouti colored wolf above her seemed to be kind, but only time would tell.

Semananti waited to see what the wolf would do, whether she would stay up there or go down the slope that Sema had directed her towards. The slope was safe, with a few spots where some wolf might be able to trip or fall. Sema waited, hoping Artemis approved in her giving directions to the stranger. This was a wolf she had never met until now, the wolf she didn’t even know. She had no greeting nor did she give a name for this wolf to call her by. Her tail was tucked around her paws as she sat down. She wouldn’t do anything but wait, she would not go up there, the ledge was dangerous and one of them could fall over the edge if she went back up there. Perhaps the wolf was an assassin… no, Sema knew she was the assassin if anything. She meant no harm to this wolf. But at the same time, if this wolf blathered, she would walk away. There was no time for blather.

Played by Arla who has 4 posts.
*if she speaks any french you don't know hover for translation! :3
A slope? The French-speaking loner cocked her head as the tawny female below described the slope that lead to the other side of the escarpment, her fiery gaze dancing around the direction that the pack wolf had indicated. For a moment Koop wondered if this was a trap — perhaps the wolf below was trying to trick her and once she stumbled down the side of the escarpment she would either a. gobble her up or, b. sacrifice her to the pack she belonged to. Giving her head a gentle shake, the girl realized that was completely ridiculous and started toward the slope to get down to the same level that the stranger was on
Even though the young girl would have preferred to run down the slope, she took her time — the dirt was loose and threatened to slip away under each step she took. Koop was rather found of being alive, and wasn't in a hurry to meet the wolf she had accidentally stumbled upon, so she made her way down slowly and carefully. Once the slope reached its end, the Delacroix wolf jumped the last bit and closed the distance between herself and the pack wolf. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#FF3D01;">"Salut," she called in greeting, a smile pressed to her dark lips as she took a seat a few tail lengths away from the tawny female. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#FF3D01;">"My name is Ahtahkakoop — or just Koop," the girl started awkwardly, her brows narrowed as she adverted her gaze away from the wolf in front of her. She disliked simple formalities — she would much rather be chest deep in a mud puddle or splashing around in the Lagoon where her den was located. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#FF3D01;">"Intéresser place, huh? Could be deadly for someone not paying attention, though."
looking for more threads, if interested pm me!
Inactive Deceased
Semananti
Alright :) Same for Sema and her greek words.

Semananti gave a brief nod to acknowledge the woman, she smiled as the woman spoke a language she was unaware of. She spoke greek sometimes, but it was only names that she knew, and a few common and simple words. She just went off what the words reminded her of. "Forgive me, I do not speak the tongue you do, "Γεια χάσετε Koop, I am Semananti Whurshire, forth subordinate of Willow Ridge. It is an interesting place, I think Intéresser means interesting? It kinda sounds like it." She stated as a greeting, her eyes calm as she gazed at the female. A small smile forming on her muzzle to learn that the female had made it down safely, and liked/was interested in the escarpment as she was.

Her tail swayed from side to side, her little adventure having turned into a mysterious path that she was unaware of. It was almost amusing that the female hadn't even lost her balance when she had peered down from the top of the escarpment to see that Sema was below. Even more amusing that the female had been careful when she went down the slope. The dead-drop in front of them was behind their dangers. Well, it wasn't a danger anymore at least, they were at the bottom. Nothing could happen at the bottom right? She ad a small glint of curiosity in her heart, after all who would not be curious of such a wonder. She wondered how the ending rocks, that appeared to be attached the to wall, but not touching the ground, was still there. There were caves around her old territories and they also had those. Her uncle called them stalagmites, but the chunks of rock were too different for her to call them stalagmites.