714 Users Online
Google, Sophrosnia, Isla, Bing, Nori

Is That Pack Borders I Scent? — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
For {Nina} <3

It was early morning, the air was freezing cold and there were clouds up in the sky, blocking off some of the sunlight. The winds were alright though, forceful, but not too much to handle. Even though Ace loved cold days, this was one of he few he didn't like. Shaking himself to get rid of any water in his thick pelt, he carried onwards. The grey male had been in Relic Lore for quite a while, and had met a few wolves in his travels. The first had been {Cisco}, the older male who had told him about this place. Then there had been {Itai}, the first fae he had met. And the last wolf had been {Athena}. He and the beautiful white fae had had some fun, and then Ace moved on, past other places, and now he was somewhere close to where he had met Cisco. The grey male was hopeful that they would meet again, but knew it was a long shot as Relic Lore was a very large place.

Ace padded through the Blackberry Fields. He had passed this way, a long time ago. Just a few days before he had met Cisco. Smiling to himself, he made his way through the fields, careful not to step on any of the blackberry bushes. Or he'd have black splotches all over his grey and white pelt. After a while, he came to the end of the fields. Lifting his muzzle into the air, he caught scent of something, a pack border. Ace continued on his way, but made sure to keep outside the border. He didn't want any trouble from the pack wolves, although he did stay close to it, just in case he met one of them on a border patrol. It was always fascinating for him to meet new wolves, male or female in any form, whether they were smaller, his size, or larger. Though Ace did doubt the latter, it was very rare for any wolves to be larger than him, as he was the largest his species could be. But you never know, there could be a larger species out there, somewhere in the world.

SNAP! Ace jumped slightly when he stepped on a stick on the ground. Cursing silently, he consoled himself for not watching where he was going. The grey male looked around at his surroundings, hopefully no wolves heard him. But if a wolf or more did come, it didn't mean that they were going to attack him. And if they did, he had a pretty good chance at defeating them. Size and strength were handy at times, but speed was an asset that he lacked in. Giving a few last glances around him, he continued padding just a few metres away from the border as to avoid and conflicts if a pack wolf thought he was tresspassing on their lands.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Much had happened in the past few months and finally things were starting to settle down. Unfortunately, the pack was decreasing its male numbers and quickly, which was beginning to start worrying the beautiful female. Durai’s scent had quickly disappeared and though she knew not of where Kashikoi had gone, she knew why and that had been enough for her. It now meant that she only had two males left within the pack, and this decrease in number was large considering the amount of females within the pack. She was sure that the future would help the thicket’s pack, for it was close to impossible for wolves to never accidentally stumble into the thickets and become lost. The first time she had entered the area, she had done something much similar to that, and it was why she had found this place to be the one where she would have the most protection from the outside forces that could break in.

Though their numbers had dropped, border runs still remained the same. It had been quite awhile since Koda had claimed her and Ashanti had been back within the pack, the mental and physical scars that she now bare deep, and Nina’s own dominant, expecting scent easily noticeable now. Lately, her border runs had been quite uneventful, but when an unfamiliar scent graced her nostrils, the fur on her back instinctively bristled. Raising her head and tail high above her back, she approached the borders, her single emerald eye penetrating the loner that was quite close to her borders. Brief and simple she addressed him, "You are awful close to my borders. Can I help you with something?" She then tilted her head up slightly, her golden brown coat blowing gently with the wind.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
It seemed like only a few minutes after he had padded close to the pack borders when a new scent perceived his black nose. It was of a wolf, and seemed very close. Must be doing a border patrol. He stopped and turned his large, creamy head toward the treeline and saw a brown wolf emerge into his sight. He quickly studied her, she had a light brown coat with hues of gold running through it. Her eyes were emerald green, just like his sisters'. But the fae's right eye was completely shut. Had she been in a fight recently? Well, he could always ask, but preferred not to interfere with other wolves' lives unless need be.

The grey male noticed that her head was raised high and her tail was curled above her back in a dominant manner. He kept his own head and tail at shoulder height, and dipped his head in a sign of respect. When the brown fae spoke, Ace met her green gaze with his grey gaze. Clearing his throat with a small cough, he replied in a deep, velvety voice. "I apologize for being so close to your border but I mean no harm, I am just looking for my lost sister. She looks exactly like me but just a lighter shade, and is slightly smaller than me. Have you seen her lately?" His tail swayed back and forth while he spoke. Maybe this fae had seen her around? If she had, that would be wonderful, and he could start following her trail, for he would never give up on his search.

While he waited for the fae to reply, he realised that he hadn't introduced himself. With a sheepish look on his face, he turned to her and spoke again. "My name is Ace Caravello, and may I ask who you are?" He was always friendly and respectable when meeting new wolves, or just talking to them. It was the way he had grown up with. Being honourable had gotten him far in life, so he had no reason to change now, or ever. Besides, being disrespectful made enemies, and he was a wolf who liked to make friends. The grey male shifted his light grey gaze toward the brown fae and smiled, while waiting patiently for her to reply. Hoping that she knew of his sister's whereabouts.

(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2013, 04:31 AM by Ace.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She stared upon the loner in front of her, not surprised to see the man studying her for a moment. Most wolves did when they came into her presence now a days, usually remaining on her closed eye. Pursing her lips, she raised her head slightly, her fangs slightly showing after her lips pulled slightly back. He was looking her directly in the eye and to Nina that was a sign of disrespect. A warning growl sounded from her as she heard his words. Not even a introduction with what she had been greeted with, just a question, about a sister of his. Flicking her tail, which was high above her back, she watched the man, not feeling entirely comfortable being on the subject of siblings. Snorting softly, she listened as he spoke of his name. Lifting her head once again, she spoke to him, "Nina Reinier, alpha of these lands…and no, I have not seen your sister."

Her emerald eye glimmered as she looked down upon him. Being so close to her borders had not been a wise decision unless he was seeking something more of her. Otherwise, there would be no other reason for him to be so close to her lands. The borders were definitely fresh, for they even overpowered Nina’s senses, which had become quite accustomed the scents within the thickets. Blinking her eye she nodded towards him, "Is there anything else that brings you on business near my borders?" Pursing her lips, she studied the male silently. The woodlands pack could use another few male members within the rankings…considering the pack only had a yearling and their alpha now. Mentally shaking her head, she focused back on the male, waiting for his answer.

Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello

"Nina Reinier, alpha of these lands." Ace froze slightly, she was the alpha of this pack?

The grey male noticed that the brown fae didn't like him staring at her, so he dropped his gaze from her face. He noted that she was displeased that he had answered her question with a question of his own. A small frown crossed his face, he was still young and had many things to learn. Apparantly, this was something he had to work on.

When she told him that she hadn't seen his sister, his tail drooped slightly. He knew that it was a long shot, for the Lore was a very large place, with many wolves and places in it. But he had hoped for a trail or some indication that she had been here. But he couldn't have everything in life, and he would just have to keep searching.

When Nina spoke again, he lifted his head slightly and looked in her direction, but not into her eyes. He was really only looking for his sister, and he saw that the brown fae was studying him. There was a possible chance that she was looking for a new pack member. He would gladly join, but he wanted to find his sister.

Looking down at the ground, Ace licked his lips before speaking in a soft voice. "No, nothing else. I'm very sorry for bothering you, but I am only searching for my sister." It felt as if his neck fur was burning from embarrassment. He knew that Nina had expected a better answer than that, but he had answered truthfully. Hopefully she wouldn't think he was a waste of time, for he loved meeting new wolves and making friends. But she seemed like a wolf that would not trust easily.

He didn't lift his head from its position, but looked up at her, careful of avoiding her eyes and gave a few hopeful wags of his creamy tail while he waited for her to speak.

(This post was last modified: Mar 31, 2013, 12:50 PM by Ace.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The raging mind within her slightly calmed down when the boy looked away from her, which did not make sense to her for a small while. Damn these hormones still had their full effect on her, more than she thought they would. Mentally shaking her, she watched the man’s reaction, intrigued by how his brows creased when she had no information on his sister. Keeping this in mind, she waited for his answer, as for the moments that ticked by, she was met with silence. Her emerald orb radiated the kindness and patience she possessed though, and she quickly ended up taking a comfortably sitting position as she faced him. There was no need for her to be aggressive with this loner, he was far enough away from her lands and he did not seem to be a threat. Thinking on it now, she wasn’t sure if she should be over protective, considering she was holding lives within her.

Before she could doubt her actions any more, Ace spoke, his voice reaching hers ears and them twitching in response. Deep down she was slightly disappointed with his answer. She was desperate for more male members, but she certainly would not mind them. Clearing her throat, she lifted her head slightly, her voice moving like liquid, "Well, if you are ever looking for a home, the Woodlands pack is always open minded towards new members." A small, graceful smile was placed on her lips after she said this, her golden brown head nodding briefly and her emerald eye watching the loner’s reaction. Never in a few years would she have imagined being in this position and here she was now, ready to offer a home with an open mind. Perking her ears, she awaited his answer.

Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello

The grey male watched as Nina sat down in front of him. She had already asserted her dominance and was now being less aggressive to him as she knew that he was not a threat. A smile crossed his lips, before he followed suite and sat on his haunches.

Ace could see the dissappoinment in her eyes, and a confused looked appeared on his face, briefly. Was she looking for new pack members? That could be a reason for her to act like that, but he wasn't sure.

At the brown fae's polite words, "Well, if you are ever looking for a home, the Woodlands pack is always open minded towards new members." Ace lifted his head up slightly and smiled, while giving a few wags of his tail.

Nina seemed friendly, once you got past the initial stage of greeting each other and got to know her. He could see her smiling, and looked up at her, although still not directly in her eyes.

"Thank you for the offer, but I must decline. Once I find my sister, I will consider it. But for now, the option remains undecided."

The grey male would have accepted her offer, if they were in different circumstances. But he had to find his sister before he gave his allegiance to anyone. She was the bane of his life, and he couldn't live without her. He needed her as much as she needed him.

Meanwhile, his gaze was still on Nina as he waited for her to speak, with the hint of a smile on his face and his thick, grey brush going back and forth behind him.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

As she waited for the male’s answer to form on his lips, she patiently observed the lands around her, gazing over them with such love and intensity, it would probably bring one in shock if they looked deep into her single jade eye. When the male finally did speak, her attention went right back to him, nodding her head slowly, understanding that he wanted to find his sister. Little did she know at the time, that Jasmine would one day show up at her borders and ask for Ace. Nina though, already thinking ahead, asked the question she would need to know. "So what direction are you headed? Just in case, I manage to run into your sibling?" He smile was pleasant as she looked at the male in front of her. She did not feel threatened by him and in no means meant to make him feel unwelcomed.

Wagging her tail behind her, she let her gaze travel slightly, her mind already wandering off to other parts of the world. Sometimes, it was hard for Nina to admit that she had attention problems when it came to certain things, much like border encounters. Whenever she found herself near a border she was always losing her focus and looking off into another area in the land, more as, when she was leading or Healing, it was much easier for her to keep her mind at attention and do that job that was being thrown her way. Trying to regain her focus, she let her gaze wander back towards the loner, just fighting to keep her legs from moving beneath her.

Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
Do you want to end it here? If not, I can always just edit my post :)

When Nina asked which direction he was headed in, his brow furrowed slightly and a thoughtful expression crossed his face. Where would he go? The grey male never really thought of where he would go next, he just continued on to wherever his paws took him. Although, he had been meaning to head south and search for some clues. Looking back at Nina, he opened his jaws to speak. "I was thinking of going south, somewhere near The Wildwood."

Ace could see clearly that the brown fae in front of him was distracted by their surroundings. He could see her gaze travel away from him, and onto the land around them, looking at them with much love and intensity. He was very much the same with his homeland back in Alaska. Even though it was barren and didn't have many trees, it was still his home and the place he grew up in. He had often spent most of his time with Jasmine, playing in the snow and just taking in everything. It was all he had known, and he had loved it as much as he had loved his family.

Was this the way that Nina felt about the lands around them?

When she looked back at him, the grey male let a smile show on his face. It seemed that they had something in common, something that both of them could relate to. But he had stayed with her long enough, and it was now time to move on.

"It was nice meeting you Nina, but I'm afraid I have to get going." He dipped his head to the brown fae before turning his large, grey body around and trotted off. Only looking back once more to see if she was still there, before continuing on his journey to find his sister.

322 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

It seemed as though for a few short moments in time the man in front of her had no clue where he was going. She soon did receive her answer though, a small smile pulling on her lips. The Wildwood was a nice place to go once you looked past all the dead areas. With a satisfied smile, she nodded with his parting words, knowing that it was time for her to take her leave as well. She watched as he left, making sure he really was gone before she turned on her heel to disappear back within her territory. Much was to come in the weeks that were to pass. Excitement, sadness, loss, but the woodlands pack would get through it. Hopefully, the man would decide to come back or at least consider her offer to join her pack. It would not be a total lose for him and she knew they could afford an extra family member to their ranks.

Thinking this through as she made her way back to the den, she kept in mind the things that had to be taken care of in the coming months. The woodlands pack had been developed and were fairing quite well, but soon with two birthing mothers, the pack was going to have a lot in for it. They would have many extra mouths to feed with the two litters and Nina was not sure if the remaining pack members would be able to handle the extra work. Nina would, of course, try to help them to the best in her power, but she would have a litter of her own, meaning she would stay with her pups more than stray away from them in the weeks after they were born. Hopefully everything would turn out the way they wanted it to.

{End thread}