(See All?) Announcements
602 Users Online
Bing, Google, Jadon, Finley, Vanadis

A Matter Uncertain — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Since the timeline for this whole thing got shot in the foot I'm just telling her Sly is dead here, if I need to change it just let me know.

Ashanti seemed to have finally turned for the better, the dark male couldn't have been more elated at that moment just to know that Bane would have a mother now. Happiness radiated off of him as he watched them both, before a scent made his nose twitch. It was such a faint scent it was nearly untraceable. But it was there, The male from the battle. Hollow could have almost howled glory to the moon for what he had just learned, the father would never taint this pup. But before the words would come Ashanti scented Iopah, at her words Hollow heard the soft whine at the den entrance followed not even two seconds later with a face, though it was not the face of Iopah, it was Koda, and somewhere in the low light Iopah's face hung at the entrance. Once more Hollow bent to the best of his ability in the small space, which wasn't much, and extended his forepaw in an awkward bow to his superior.

Hollow could nearly read Koda's thoughts just through the gaze he had set upon the small black bundle of fur. It had no idea who anyone but Ashanti was, all he knew for the moment were his mothers scent, and the taste of her milk. But he would grow, and learn to love Koda, Nina, and Ashanti, as he should, he would recognize the scents that had been present from the first seconds of his life. Hollow was merely here to keep them all safe and make sure that many times over the pack would be able to see pups. To make sure that Koda and Nina could continue the Secret Woodlands legacy. With that thought in mind he spoke up, "I have some news for you Ashanti, and for you Koda. The father of this pup is no more." Hollow spoke low and quiet and he turned to Koda and said, "He was there, at the battle, the black one. I recognize his scent, the pup carries it though it is faint."

Played by Namara who has 231 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti "Celestina" Aranna

When Ashanti heard the whines, she did not respond for soon after Koda arrived. It seemed that he wanted to check in on her, a bit shocking since Nina had just delivered. One would think that he would stay really close to Nina during this time. When Hollow spoke, she was a bit shocked, she had heard of the battle and knew it was against the sickened ones. The fact that he was one of them didn’t surprise her. She was also sure there were more like them. She wanted to ask if his entrails had been scattered from the Ghastly Woods to the Drooping Willows and back, but she held her tongue. She remained speechless, unsure on how she was supposed to react to such news. She went and nosed her pup, the scent was there, incredibly faint but it was there. His father’s scent, the one who had done this to her was dead.

Ashanti looked at Koda when he asked about how she was; she wasn’t sure how to react with such news given to her. “J-Just fine, really tired though.” She said with a yawn. She was starting to doze off, but had to keep shaking it off until everything was wrapped up here. One pup wasn’t three or four, but it was enough to make any mother tired. She glanced at Hollow, her eyes weary about what he had said. “A-Are you sure?” She asked a bit timidly, curling even more protectively around her child. She doubted it, but it could be a trick, a trap. It was like some cheap little game to get her to cut loose. She knew the Secret Woodland’s wolves weren’t like that, but part of her couldn’t help but feel like there was something more going on around here. Her feminacy, she felt, made her even more protective and cautious.

[Image: Ashanti-greysig02.png]
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Koda gave a somewhat surprised snuff at Hollow's announcement. He hadn't noticed it himself, there were plenty of black furred wolves to be confused with just about anyone else around here. Hollow had been at Ashanti's side sooner than anyone else, and Koda trusted the male to know for sure whether the cub's sire and the Aniwaya wolf were indeed one in the same. But he had his doubts Ashanti would so easily believe the wolf's death, her trauma still held close. Koda sighed, a slight frown as he wondered how to assuage Ashanti's fears. He imagined time and trust in those who upheld her would be the only things that would help in that regard.

The blue-eyed girl seemed tired enough, and he hated to keep her up much longer. "I'll let you get your rest, then. But please, remember, we're all here for you. If..." Koda paused a moment, wondering if Nina would be alright with his offer. Deciding Nina would understand the reason for it, he continued. "If you need a moment to yourself, we can help keep an eye on him along with our own." Koda didn't want the kid to grow up lonely, nor his single mother to be run ragged from taking care of him all on her own. Koda then turned, brushing against Hollow's charcoal flank as he exited, disappearing off into the night.

{Koda exit}

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Koda's gentle tone made the dark male feel a sense of pride in his alpha. He had been right to trust Koda when he had taken Sloane's place, though he was not as close to Koda as he had been with Sloane, Hollow still respected him in the same way. Koda had indeed turned out to be just as good an alpha as the young male had hoped, just as caring and compassionate as Nina. It took no effort to see why the two had paired and started a family. It warmed the young males heart to know that there was such compassion and caring in his home. It was why Hollow always worked so diligently on keeping the borders marked, and intruders away. All the wolves here were dear to him, and he would never let anything harm the type of compassion he saw from Koda and Nina, along with the rest of pack.

At Koda's words, and the brush along his flank Hollow knew it was time to go for him as well. He took a long look at the pup and wondered, would Bane be a strong hunter, skilled guardian, maybe even lead his own pack, or would he become just as ruthless as his father had been, just as wrong and terrible. The ebony male hoped not, he hoped for the best and just before he turned to leave he said, "I'm sure Ashanti, I watched the light leave his face, he will hurt you no more, but Koda is right, you need rest." Hollow made it right to where Iopah's face lay on the entrance and turned once more, "I'll be back tomorrow, to bring you some food until you can hunt on your own again." With that he nodded to Iopah and set off for his own den.

Played by Namara who has 231 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti "Celestina" Aranna
Ashanti sighed, not willing to believe that the evil male was gone because Hollow had only had a brief scent of the male. She thought he was still out there, and as they left, the waves of exhaustion overtook her. She passed out from being tired. Her dreams calm that night, dreaming about raising Bane to be a great wolf, one who was caring and compassionate. But at the same time, she saw in her process much adversity. Koda’s offer had been kind, but she was unsure how the pup would react to being around the other pups and she was unsure how the other pups would react to having Bane there. Would they be mean to him?

Ashanti’s head laid next to where Bane was suckling, the little fur ball had been about to fall asleep himself so she was thankful for that. The mother and child were together, eternally bonded with each other’s love. She wouldn’t let anything bad happen to him and she would let him see the light in the dark. She could practically see Isen talking to her now. My heart is breaking for my sister and the con that she call "love". When I look into my nephew's eyes... Man, you wouldn't believe the most amazing things that can come from... Some terrible nights... It sounded so much like her sister, but it was just her deep slumber. The slumber she rightfully deserved. She was a mother now, and she was scared of it.
{Fade out to black}
(This post was last modified: May 13, 2013, 04:10 AM by Ashanti.)
[Image: Ashanti-greysig02.png]