(See All?) Announcements
545 Users Online
Google

Cold blooded, and misguided. — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 37 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Asterion Carne

A cold chill crept up his spine as the snow continued to fall. It wasn't a blizzard by any means, just delicate little flakes touching down, and melting as they hit his coat. The darkness around him was met with silence, interrupted only by the constant flow of the falls nearby. The weather reminded him if the night he left his original pack, and memories began flying back at him. Now was not the time to be immersed in memories of the past. It had been two years since he had laid eyes on those lands, so why was it still so prevalent? With some difficulty he pushed them aside to focus on more important matters, such as hunting or foraging.

It didn't take him long before he came upon a fresh scent trail. Inhaling deeply, his Instincts took over, and he flew in the creatures direction, paws carrying his large frame as fast as they could. The creature had ran alongside the river headed upstream, toward the top of the falls, and his only choice was to follow the trail. The closer he grew to the animal, the more familiar the smell, but he couldn't place it. It wasn't until he could see the brilliant orange coat that he knew what this creature was. It stood facing him, and all surprise was lost. With the fox aware of his presence Asterion knew he wasn't going to be eating it tonight. Foxes were intelligent as far as creatures went. Not only that, but they were slick, and good at escaping. A chase wouldn't be worth the time or energy.

Turning away from the bushy tailed creature, he began making his way back down stream. His stomach was empty, but he didn't mind. Over the years he had gotten used to the rumbling feeling, and the loss of potential prey. Another scent trail would come along. Hopefully one that would prove to be an easier meal, and he would catch that one. Sighing, he laid himself down next to a pile of rocks, hoping a nocturnal creature looking for it's own dinner might come along and become his.

(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2013, 05:44 AM by Asterion.)
Played by Melorama who has 22 posts.
Sorry to keep you waiting Pinn! I just couldn't stay up late enough to finish this post.
*Is such a bad person*

Her breath made a cloud of fog in the air, her paws made dents in the lightly snow covered ground and her eyes scanned the surrounding forest of dangers. It was dangerous to be out in unknown areas with snow falling from the heavens, even if it was just a little. When a stick snapped somewhere out in the distance her whole body froze, only her ears perked forward. She stayed like that for a few moments, before relaxing slightly. It was probably just a fox, for a while now there had been a lot of foxes running around. Maybe it was that the temperature was going to rise as Spring came that they were everywhere. Shrugging, she continued walking although the white girl had no idea where she was going, all that she knew was that she was going to find her brother. One way or another.

The sound of a waterfall caused her ears to perk up, and she redirected her course to intercept it. She hadn't had a drink since the night before, and was absolutely parched. As the sound of water hitting the ground or a small pool grew louder, her stride slowly lengthened until she was running in a slow lope. Her breath fogged up before her as she exhaled, and she could her the sound of her paws hitting the ground in a three beat gait. She came upon a shallow pool and slowed down to a walk, coming up to the pool. There were tiny waves that washed over her paws as the water from the falls crashed down onto the surface of the pool. Craning her neck, she drank from the pool. The water was absolutely freezing as it trickled down her throat.

When the white girl was sated, she drew back her head and moved away from the pool. Her paws had started to go numb from the water, and she paced back and forth to get some of the feeling back. In doing so, she didn't see the wolf heading to the top of the falls, before heading back downstream. Instead, she caught his scent.

As soon as she caught the scent of another wolf nearby, her hackles raised slightly. She stopped her pacing and looked around with her green eyes. A dark shape downstream caught her eyes and she made her way slowly over to it. When she was closer, the white girl saw that it was a wolf, lying down next to a pile of rocks. The wolf looked to be about her size, but she wasn't certain from her position. The wolf was black and brown, with a bit of light tan and blue eyes. She hadn't seen many wolves with blue eyes, and this wolf intrigued her.

Stepping forwards, she walked slowly over to the other wolf, who she could see now was a male. Her head dropped down to shoulder height, and her tail gave a few wags, indicating that she was being friendly. Her ears lowered slightly from their perked forward position, so it didn't seem as if she was being dominant over the male. Her green eyes gazed upon the male as she opened her jaws to speak. "H-hello there. My name is J-Jasmine Caravello. May I ask w-what is y-yours?" Once again, her infamous stutter came out as she spoke. She lowered her head and flattened her ears slightly as she felt a blush creep up her neck. It was always embarrassing when she stuttered in front of new wolves, but she couldn't help it. It was a nervous habit. Hopefully, this wolf didn't think she was not worth his time, for she wanted to ask him if she had seen her brother. Hopefully he had.

636 Words

I will always be seen, for
I am the light in the dark...
(This post was last modified: Apr 20, 2013, 12:23 PM by Jasmine.)
I will always be seen, for I am the light in the dark...
Asterion Carne

Asterion caught the scent of the female before he laid eyes on her. Resolving to stay in his spot unless she found him first. Conversing wasn't a problem for him, and in general he didn't have a problem with other wolves. The problem was what this female could offer him. It was likely that there wasn't much. She didn't smell as though she was from a pack, she didn't have a kill with her, and still she hadn't entered his line of vision. Second to smelling her, he could hear her. She had an easy gait, which meant that she wasn't likely to have any injuries. Gathering the things he knew about her, he decided that she might be worth a chat. That's when he got his first glimpse of her. She looked to be about the same size as him, and she had a shocking white coat mixed with greys. He faintly remembered a cub's tale his mother had told him. It was sort of a rhyme that he couldn't place. His eyes squinted as he tried his best to remember, but so much from that time was lost. So much was locked up somewhere deep in his mind, hidden from view.

Splash

He turned toward the noise, his attention captured for only a second. Once he decided that it must have been some type of waterfowl landing upstream, he turned back toward the white wolf. It was apparent that she had spotted him, as she stepped in his direction. He resolved to stand up, facing her directly. He took note of her friendly posture, and overall demeanor. It was almost automatic how his body responded to her's. His ears laid back, just enough to look friendly. His tail began to wag back and fourth, and his head dropped slightly. Though she looked harmless enough now, he had to keep his guard up. If she were to turn on him he had to be ready. It was a standard safety measure. One he had learned years ago.

His ears pricked slightly at the sound of her voice. It was light and airy, almost refreshing. Her stutter didn't bother him, as it was certainly not the first he had heard. Was she nervous? Or was it something that always happened? He smiled slightly before he spoke. "You have a lovely name miss. You can call me Asterion." Ever the charmer, that's how he had always been. The more likeable you portray yourself, the better things are for you. If others tend to like you, then your chances of survival were better.

(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2013, 05:51 AM by Asterion.)
So sorry for the long wait Pinn! Been extremely busy :/

Jasmine could see that as she lowered her stance to a more passive one, the darker male did too. She could see that his ears were laid back and his tail wagging back and forth in a friendly manner. It seemed that both of them wished the other no harm, and she let a smile grace her features. Not many males she had met had treated her like an equal, but then again, she had only met one other male. He had been very respectful to her, much like this male was. Even when she stuttered, he didn't act mean or scorn her. The only thing that he did was smile, and introduce himself as Asterion in a charming way.

"Oh, why thank you." The white girl couldn't help but smile at his words as she felt a blush creep up her neck. No wolf had ever said something like that to her, except for her brother. But he didn't count.

Asterion seemed like a very like able person. But even so, she wouldn't relax completely until she was sure that he meant to harm to her. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Asterion. And may I ask how long you have been in Relic lore?" She was always polite when meeting new wolves, and just in general. It was the same with her brother, both of them were taught to act politely to others, and never to get in a fight unless for self defense. But she doubted that the darker male would attack her for no reason. With a small smile on her face, Jasmine waited for Asterion to speak, her tail swaying back and forth in a friendly manner.

293 Words

Asterion Carne
He took note that the stutter in her airy vice was gone. Had she become more comfortable with him? Icy blue eyes settled on her pelt, carrying white tones. It forced him to try harder to remember the nursery rhyme his mother taught him, but he still could not. Why was that so important to him? Maybe it was because that was a simpler time in his life. One where he didn't have to worry about where he was going to find his next meal, nor did he have to remember the monster he once called his father. He nodded at the female, as if to say 'your welcome'.

His posture and words were formal, just as he always was. "You as well." He answered, allowing her to finish her sentence. A discomfort crept it's way into his fur at the question. He was sure she meant no harm by it, but questions made him uncomfortable. He had a problem with others inquiring about his past, but that wasn't what this wolf was doing. She was simply curious how long he had been in the area. A smile touched his face before he spoke. "I'm not sure, a few weeks at least." His answer was truthful, as per usual. Truth was a quality he held dear, but he wouldn't be above lying to get something he wanted.

Asterion awaited her reaction, and hoped she wouldn't attempt to delve too much deeper than that. He wasn't ready to face his demons. Not yet anyway. His smile continued to warm his face as his posture remained formal but friendly. He briefly wondered why the female didn't bare the scent of a pack. Usually wolves enjoyed living within the confines of a pack.

Jasmine didn't realize that she hadn't stuttered until after she spoke. That was a first, usually it took a while for her stutter to disappear, but maybe it was because he had caught her off guard with his compliment. Turning her emerald gaze back to Asterion, she saw him nod, and couldn't help but give a small smile. He was very kind, not like a few others that she had met during her travels.

When Asterion spoke, a smile graced the white girl's features, and her tail gave a few wags. She knew how it felt to be in this strange land, not knowing who or what was in it, and even though she had been here for a while longer, there was still lots to discover. Looking upon the brown male, Jasmine noted that he hadn't done anything but acknowledge her presence and show kindness. A thoughtful look crossed her face and she looked down at her paws as she thought about what to say next, delve further, or change the topic?

As the white girl made up her mind she gazed back at Asterion with emerald green eyes, and opened her jaws to speak. "Not to be intruding on anything personal, but do you have any f-family in Relic Lore?" There was the slightest stutter in her words - but it would be easily overlooked if one hadn't heard her speak before. The look on her face clearly stated that if he didn't want to answer, he didn't have to. She knew that it was hard for some wolves to talk about their relatives as she was one of those wolves.

Whenever Jasmine thought about her family, tears formed at the corners of her eyes. All of them had been killed during an ambush, all but one, and she didn't even know if he was alive, or even in the Lore. The white girl felt her eyes start to become moist as she thought about her family, and looked around at her surroundings so Asterion wouldn't see her cry, however briefly it was. She blinked to get rid of the moistness in her eyes before turning back to the brown male, awaiting his answer.

376 Words

Asterion Carne
Her question shocked him to the very core. He tried his best not to think of what became of his mother and sister. If they were even still alive. Anything could have happened in the years he had been gone, and he had yet to return as he originally promised. Something kept him here in these land though, holding on and not letting him run back to his family. He just wanted to know if they were alright. He was curious what they had gone through, where life's great surprises had taken them. Did he have siblings he was unaware of? Maybe he was even an uncle? Briefly he wondered if that sham of a father was still alive, but decided he didn't care all that much. The male would be in his old age now, completely unable to fend off Asterion's attacks. He would be a stickler for the new alpha male. There was promise of his own pack, and still he stayed.

A sigh escaped his lips before he spoke. The white female seemed to have no ill intentions, and might have information of her own she would like to share. "No, I left all of my family in my former pack. They are miles and miles away from here. It would take about six months travel to reach them now." It was a possibility that he hadn't seen them in so long because of the distance. There was also that truer part of him which said they would reject him. After all, he walked out on them. He was the failure. He didn't feel like he even deserved to know if he was an uncle.

He redirected the question at her, finding himself genuinely curious about the white female. "Do you have family surviving in these lands?" He wondered if she had a brother that walked out on her. If her father loved her, but not her siblings. He desired ken where none was available. She had no reason to tell him anything, and he had no right to ask.