(See All?) Announcements
617 Users Online
Bing, Google, Magg, Hazelnut

We will rise from the inferno — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Not any attempt at a claiming htread, more like just calling them so they're all together, than we can submit for a pack <3 Abbie, if you want us to PP @Rosealia because of the pups, PM me <3
Round due one 5-11-13

Shade exited the den which he had spent a majority of his time in, with Rosealia and his little children. The names Karpos and Adsila stood out to them both, and the heirs would be honored like kings and queens, that was if they didn’t scamper off like some do after their first year. He knew that his mother had done just that, but hadn’t met his father until over a year later when she delivered Shade and Shadowstorm. He hadn’t seen his sister for some time and was concerned over it. He wanted to visit his sister, but it was too risky with the forest she lived in being so close to Willow Ridge. He didn’t want unwelcomed company.

Shade stayed calm, knowing it was time to call them all together, not to claim the lands, but to discuss what to do. The foggy stream a little bit from here served as an excellent cover for anyone who would try to pick up his or Rose’s scent. He let out a deep howl, calling for @Ace and @Capella. He knew Capella was in the area, and that Ace might be so that was why he called for both. When he cut it off he went back into the den with @Rosealia. A new nation, a new way of life was being born for them. They couldn’t screw it up like they almost had several times. They had to stick together.

Shade gazed at the little pups; they were so little it was funny. They were both asleep at their mother’s stomach, they didn’t know their father. Not yet at least, they didn’t know the other wolves they were to know soon. Not yet they didn’t, they would know all when they opened their eyes.

(This post was last modified: May 09, 2013, 10:48 PM by Shade.)
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
The trees allowed sunlight to dapple onto the forest floor, somewhat breaking the layer of fog within. Capella was slowly learning to hunt in these conditions, but it was strange. The undergrowth served well to hide her from her prey's eyes. The main difference was the fog which rolled off of the stream. It stunted her ability to use her nose in the same way she would have if she were anywhere else. Relying on her other senses more heavily, she ghosted across the ground. Her sense of hearing had become more useful than ever before, and she could hear a deer heard close by. Taking note of this, she meant to tell Shade and Rosealia as soon as possible. A howl rose up through the silence, calling her back to the place she would now call home.

Small feet carried her frame quickly across the soil toward her superiors. Patches of sunlight bled onto her coat as she ran. It wasn't long before she came upon their small den area, the scent of puppies still heavy in the air. Flaxen eyes fell on the one who had called for her. She hoped Ace would be in the area, and heed the call as well. Capella had yet to meet him, and was intrigued by this wolf. What would he be like? "Was there something you needed?" She questioned, looking toward the pups, to make sure everything was in order. She was sure that nothing had gone wrong, as his call mentioned nothing about it, but she still had to make sure. With new pups around, and her being the only other soon-to-be pack member in the immediate area she had a responsibility to protect those pups with her life.

[Image: capell2_zps67b76aeb.png]

Lovely table, and signature by Arla <3

Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello

Everything was silent. Not a single sound. No birds tweeting and flying around the thick trunks, no small prey scampering on the ground, nothing. If one looked around at their surroundings, it would seem as if everything was bathed in an eerie, ghostly blue glow. All of the leaves and fog blocked out the sunlight, leaving only darkness and shadows.

A mysterious, silvery fog curled around the grey male's legs and licked at his underside as he trotted through the forest, head bowed and a saddened expression on his face. He hadn't found his sister, and knew that it was time to return to Shade. Even though he would have normally continued on looking for Jasmine, he had made a promise to the black male, that he would return very soon. But one part of the promise wasn't fulfilled. The part where he had said he would return with his sister.

Ace froze as a howl broke the silence, a howl asking for him, and another. A small smile appeared on the grey male's face, it was Shade. Breaking into a slow lope, he made his way to the source of the howl. Trees rushed by him, and the fog swirled around his long legs as he loped through the woodlands. He had never been in this part of Relic lore, and it fascinated him. It was like he was drawn by the mystery and beauty of the woods, and was unable to fight that desire, no matter how hard he tried. Exactly like a whirlpool, sucking everything into its center, where they would disappear for forever, never to be seen again.

It seemed like just a matter of minutes before the large grey male came upon two wolves. A smaller black male, and a smaller grey and russet coloured female. The female's coat varied from an off-white colour, browns and greys, with yellow eyes. Ace could see that the female and Shade were comfortable in each other's presence.

Was this the female Shade had called for?

Even though the female seemed to know Shade, he wouldn't trust her completely until he knew for sure. Padding up to Shade, he lowered his head in a submissive and respectful manner. Waiting a few seconds, he touched the tip of his nose to the black male's chin before lifting his head up and smiling. "So good to see you again Shade! How have you fared for the past few weeks?"

Turning his grey head to look at the other female, he let his thick brush sway back and forth and smiled to show that he was friendly, and not some big brute that didn't care for anyone else's welfare. "Hello miss. I'm not sure that we have met before. My name is Ace Caravello, and may I ask who you are?"

489 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
@Rosealia
Next round due 5-23-13

Shade nodded to both as they arrived, his eyes calm as he looked before them with a smile. “It is truly great to see you again Ace, things have been well and Rosealia has delivered two beautiful pups.” He informed the male of all that had happened in the time he was searching for his sister. “Soon it will be time, the time to rise up. However we are faced with the issue that we cannot move the pups. We were going to claim much farther north, past the creek.” He said, his tone had a bit of graveness to it. They couldn’t, or perhaps just wouldn’t move Karpos and Adsila from the den they were confined to for a week or two more to come.

His eyes had a bit of pride in them as he suggested up his plan. “I’ve thought about it a lot, and it seems that we could claim here as our home instead. It has excellent protection from others and the fog provides a good cover up for hunting. We have found a cave near the stream just over there that would suit for a pack den.” He said, a bit of weariness in his voice as he added in one last thing. “The only bad thing about this place is that it deceives you, you see figures in the distance, and because of the fog you can’t tell what it is. Though most of the time it’s sticks and branches.” He said, pretty sure he had covered everything.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
A new scent filled the air around her. It was one she didn't recognize, and to be honest it startled her. She looked to Shade, who seemed comfortable with the smell, and allowed herself to relax. Dandelion eyes fell upon the form emerging from the trees. She shied away from his large build, backing away slightly as he greeted Shade. It was now obvious that this was Ace, but he was unknown to her. Already, she had been through so much with Shade, but this male was absent from those encounters. Ensuring she posed no challenge to him, she let her eyes roam over the ground next to her, only darting to the new wolf once or twice.

Capella's full attention rested on Shade as he spoke. He really was a great leader, and she bore so much respect for him. His words were something she had thought about often. The forest they had come from before here had seemed the perfect place to raise cubs. It had been lush with vegetation, and bright from sunshine. This place seemed to have an ever present darkness about it. Even when the sun was shining, it felt dim. The dimness didn't bother her though, in fact she kind of liked it.

His last thing he added was something that had been running through her mind as of late. There were many occasions on which she thought she was seeing things around here. It was the fog, she was sure of it, but that didn't help the tingling sensation she received whenever she looked behind her. "I do like it here Shade." She paused, in case they didn't want her to finish. When she met no argument she continued. "If the shadows become unbearable later on, then we can always leave." She suggested, hoping it wasn't out of place.

(This post was last modified: May 12, 2013, 10:15 PM by Capella.)

Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello

When Shade announced that Rosealia had had pups, Ace gave a large smile. "Congratulations Shade. What are their names?" He had always wanted to look after and protect pups, but he never had the chance to in his old pack. There was already enough guardians to protect them, and he would've been too young anyway. But now he had the chance, the chance to prove his worth to Shade, that he could protect his family and do it well.

Ace's full attention rested on Shade as he started speaking. It was true, the fog hid you from the view of others, but it also made it hard to recognise others. But even so, it was still a wonderful place. After a while, as you became accustomed to the dimness, the fog and the fact that it was so silent it was a very nice place to live in.

As Capella spoke, the grey male shifted his gaze to her creamy form. It seemed that she liked it in the gloomy forest just as he did, and a smile crossed his face. When she finished, Ace turned his gaze to Shade. He really did love it here, it felt as if he was drawn to this place. The gloomy forest was so serene, peaceful, perfect. He couldn't imagine a better place to live in. "I agree, this seems like a good place to raise pups. It's away from others and there's not many small animals or creatures that could harm them." Ace paused for a few moments, and when no one spoke, he continued on. "But there is the chance that someone or something could steal them from right under our noses. You can never know with this fog around."

290 Words

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Next round due 5-30-13

Shade gave a nod as Ace spoke, same as when Capella had spoken. He wanted to make sure other wolves hadn’t gotten the same idea as they had. <b style="color:#8e989d">"Agreed, but I want to make sure we’re the only wolves here. These woods are a huge place, bigger than the Wildwood and even Fireweed Rise. I’d like to take you two on a scouting mission to make sure there isn’t a pack in here somewhere where we haven’t explored. If there isn’t then this is here, if there is a pack here however… we must find a new place and move the pups there when we can do so safely, as well as talk to the leaders about our little stay.” Shade said, he didn’t like to fight with packs over territory and would refuse to do so. If there did happen to be a pack, he would tell them that they would not stray over the borders, and that they were only there until they could move his pups safely away.

She kept his eyes focused on the wolves around him, two loyal wolves who wouldn’t stab him in the back. He answered Ace’s question about the names of his two little darlings. <b style="color:#8e989d">"Their names are Karpos and Adsila, Rosealia brought a little boy and a little girl into the world. Now it is up to us to keep them safe." He told the man. A bit of prided in his own words to think that his mate brought his children into the world.

table by bryony
(This post was last modified: May 26, 2013, 06:05 AM by Shade.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
Capella nodded at her leader, agreeing completely. She certainly didn't want to step on any toes while they were here in the woods. Making enemies was definitely not alright in her book, and she was happy that Shade seemed to see it that way as well. If there was another pack in the area, hopefully they would take pity on the small group of rogues, as well as the puppies they had hidden in a hollowed out tree. However, if it seemed as though there were no other packs, she would be more than happy to settle down in these foggy woods. "Hopefully we won't find any packs in the area. I'm worried about the pups." Her opinion flew out of her mouth, dripping with concern. They wouldn't be able to take on a much larger pack if one decided that the pups were a threat to them. Of course, she knew that if it were to come to it, she would lay her life on the line to protect the two little heirs, sleeping quietly in their den. They would hold every bit of safety she could provide.

A large part of her had already fallen in love with these woods. She was beginning to enjoy the fact that she never really felt alone here. Not to mention the fog provided them with some much needed safety. If they had to move, then so be it, but she had to admit she would be sad to see it go. The four of them had just began to learn the tricks of hunting in the area, and it would be a shame to see that go to waste.

Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello

When Shade spoke, the grey male nodded his creamy head. He would make sure that if there was a pack around the area, the pups would always be safe and under a watchful eye. Nothing would come to harm the young prince and princess, not as long as he lived. "I will gladly go on a scouting mission with you to see if there is any neighbouring packs." Ace didn't like to fight other packs over territory, and would rather talk and make arrangements. But if it came to that, he would fight, although unwillingly and not seeking to harm the others.

His dark grey ears picked up the sound of Capella's voice, which was laced heavily with concer, and silently agreed with her. Even the thought of having a pack nearby sent shivers of worry down his spine. There was no way to tell what they would do to them, and when. The most likely situation was that the pups would be killed instantly, to save any grief later on.

Looking back at Shade with light grey eyes, he smiled when the smaller male told him the name's of the pups. He heard the pride and joy in Shade's voice, and knew that if someday he had a mate and pups, he would sound and act the same. "Such wonderful names that they were given." Oh yes, he would keep them safe and not let them come to harm until the last breath left his body. He would protect them with his all, and knew that Shade expected that of him. The grey male would make sure that Shade wouldn't be disappointed in him, and hopefully the smaller male knew that Ace would try his best at protecting the groups legacy: the newborn prince and princess.

297 Words

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
All just fine, all just fine. His thoughts were more to himself than anyone, as obvious they were his thoughts. "Capella, I’d like you to scout out area’s south of here, past the pack that Phineas is running as we know. Ace, I’d like for you to scout out the entire expanse of this woods for an enemy, or at least foreign and neighboring pack." He stated, making sure that they were both working hard at their jobs, Capella’s job would take a week or two perhaps, and Ace’s should take a day or two at most. "Then report to me afterwards, I think with that, we can draw this meeting to a closing." He finished, smiling, this was a new beginning for them, for the entire place. These two {Ace and Capella} were trustworthy friends.

I spread my wings and I learn how to fly, do what it takes, ‘till I touch the sky.

The sunlight was still blocked out by the constant fog caused by the stream, and the think, dense forestry around them. He had been saddened a bit, knowing that Kyrie had disappeared before he had left, and that she was out there alone, that Narime was running her own pack, and growing up too fast for her adopted brother to handle. All he had left to cherish was his family, his friends that were here. The soon-to be packmates that would be helping him raise his children into kindness, greatness. Rising into everything. He remained calm.